Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2012, 07:04 AM   #91
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I just read Day 5. I'm glad you had such a great time meeting all the characters. Your encounter with Terk was pretty funny. And I think it's totally okay for a guy to like girl stuff. Girls are allowed to like boy things, why not the opposite?

I think we really just have different tastes when it comes to parades and fireworks. For me the MSEP is the most boring parade of them all. The floats are just okay, and the music I find very annoying. I wish they would bring Spectro back. But to each their own.
Yeah Terk was actually one of the highlights of the day along with the MSEP
but everyone's in titled to their opinion I guess. I did try to see Chip N Dale while I was in the AK but seeing as the line for Mickey took forever I missed them. Spectro magic I can't really say anything about it cuz I've never seen it but from the look of the pictures I can't see any difference from MSEP and Spectro anyway.

As for the whole "me liking Disney fairies thing" I've pretty much now accepted the fact that I'm now a fan of the series nowdays after hearing that the bronies tend to be a lot violent in comparsion I actually have nothing to worry about anymore. I mean I can tolerate the bronies for the most part but I still don't understand how a show about magic ponies is acceptable to males yet me liking the Disney fairies series is a big no-no. But that's fanbases for ya.

I think I'll actually upload the things I got at the AK from my IPod touch cuz that way I won't have complaints about you not seeing the picys but whatever.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #92
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

To make up for last time here's two pictures of the stuff that I got at the Animal Kingdom hope you enjoy them, Mel.

One of my favourites in the Disney movie line:

Disney Villains simply sinster songs: https://twitter.com/#!/Starscream759...312065/photo/1

My thoughts:

Beauty and the Beast (Diamond Edition) - Beauty and the Beast is one of my favourite disney movies and of course it being a classic I just had to get it. It's got beautiful visuals, memorable songs, good characters and great stoytelling. The only flaw I have with this movie is the fact that they decided to include a new musical number in the form of: Human Again for this special edition of this movie. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just a bonus feature or something like that but no what Disney have done is that they've shoe-horned in a dreadful song that doesn't even serve any purpose to the story and just comes completely out of nowhere. It's pretty much on the same level of the Morning Report for The Lion King even though it was a song for the broadway show it's still included into The Lion King for no good reason. Other than that it's still a brilliant movie.

Disney Villains Simply Sinster songs - This one was actually pretty good it's got a nice variety of Disney Villain songs and it's actually worth buying. Though one song in particular I'm left scratching my head at is Every Little Piece. I mean I know it's just me and it comes from Pete's Dragon but how the hell is anyone supposed to remember that film? I mean I love the MSEP and everything but when I saw the float in the parade I was just scratching my head and thinking: "What's that? I don't remember a dragon and a british boy from any Disney movie I've watched." I mean outside of Mary Poppins I doubt anybody is gonna know what Pete's Dragon is.

While the choice of songs is good I don't know why The Pink Elephants, Si and Mi are listed as Disney Villains. They have some of the most famous ones like Be Prepared, Friends on the Other Side, Gaston, Poor Unforunate Souls, I wan'na be like you and Cruella De Vil. They've even got Oogie Boogie's song from The Nightmare Before Christmas which is pretty cool considering I love that movie and Snuff Out the Light that was cut from The Emperor's New Groove which was pretty neat. There wasn't really a song I didn't for this CD well apart from the Yodelling song from Home on the range which I have no idea why it's on there. Pretty good CD, worth a listen.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #93
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Yay, a picture!

We got Beauty and the Beast on Blu-Ray a couple of months ago. It's a great movie, especially the Be Our Guest song.

Be Prepared is my favorite villain song. So good!!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #94
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I had already commented on the last few updates of your trip, but here are some more comments.

Day 6
I prefer Typhoon Lagoon to Blizzard Beach, but Blizzard Beach is much bigger and has a lot more slides than Typhoon Lagoon. However, most of those slides often have long lines, so it could explain why you felt there wasn’t much to do. You’re lucky you only got rained on for 15-20 minutes before the park reopened. I had to wait so much longer than that!

Great Movie Ride is my least favorite attraction of all Disney World. I almost fell asleep on it! I’m really not a fan of “classic” movies though...

Day 7
Not a lot to say about this that I haven’t already said, since I’ve never visited Universal. I kinda want to visit it, but I think I would have appreciated it more when I was a teenager. And as much as I would love to try the Forbidden Journey attraction, I’m a bit worried that it’ll give me motion sickness.

How is the new trip planning going?
Old 06-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #95
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

Well you've been waiting paitenly for these pictures of mine, Mel so I might as well grant your wish already. But first ya gotta know what I look like first. Okay see that boy with the beard, moustache and glasses wearing the headphones while giving a goofy grin while giving the thumbs up?

Well that's meeeeeee! Me! Oh glorious me! Surprised? You should be! Aren't I a handsome devil myself? And pretty good looking. Anyways this is the first picture of many expect more soon in the meantime take a look at my handsome mug there.

And by the way about the Forbidden Journey, Mel you don't need to worry about it, it rarely moves anyway for the most part your in front of a screen so whatever.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #96
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream275 View Post
Well you've been waiting paitenly for these pictures of mine, Mel so I might as well grant your wish already. But first ya gotta know what I look like first. Okay see that boy with the beard, moustache and glasses wearing the headphones while giving a goofy grin while giving the thumbs up?

Well that's meeeeeee! Me! Oh glorious me! Surprised? You should be! Aren't I a handsome devil myself? And pretty good looking. Anyways this is the first picture of many expect more soon in the meantime take a look at my handsome mug there.

And by the way about the Forbidden Journey, Mel you don't need to worry about it, it rarely moves anyway for the most part your in front of a screen so whatever.
It's weird, the picture doesn't show up, but I can see it's there when I quote your post. I tried to google the link, but nothing comes up. Can you try again?

As for Forbidden Journey, I get motion sickness in Star Tours and it's jsut a screen, so that's why I worry.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #97
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

Here you go Mel. Hopefully that problem has been fixed.
http://s1173.photobucket.com/albums/...ictures030.jpg
Old 06-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #98
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Yay, it works! For some reason, I did not picture you with a beard at all. It's nice to be able to know what you look like, it helps when reading a TR.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:52 AM   #99
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

Keep sharp Mel, expect more pictures to be posted on this TR soon so stay tuned!
Old 06-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #100
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream275 View Post
Keep sharp Mel, expect more pictures to be posted on this TR soon so stay tuned!
Cool, but don't expect me to see them for at least a few weeks. I won't have much free time!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #101
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

I know! I'll talk to ya when ya free!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #102
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

UPDATE TIME! Now that your back I can upload more piccies more importantly they are of the trip. Without any further ado let's start shall we?
As you know we stayed in a nice villa/appartment and it had such A GLORIOUS POOL! Don't believe me? See for your self it's that beautiful!

http://s1173.photobucket.com/albums/...ictures036.jpg

It was so beautiful we took another picture of it!
http://s1173.photobucket.com/albums/...ictures037.jpg

You'd think with me coming to the Magic Kingdom for the first time would go on something like Pirates of the Caribbean or Splash Mountain to start the ball rolling for the first visit but the very first thing I did at the Magic Kingdom was the Liberty bell riverboat. Ah well I did the Haunted Mansion afterwards so no harm done there. That woman standing beside me on the riverboat? That's my mother. She's quite naggy at times with me but she's nice. Naggy but nice.

http://s1173.photobucket.com/albums/...ictures042.jpg

Yeah I know I'm cool and chilled, that's what everyone says to me.
http://s1173.photobucket.com/albums/...ictures046.jpg
Old 08-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #103
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Oops, I came back then disappeared again.

Ron thinks it would be great to stay in a vacation home like you and get a private pool, but I much prefer the theme Disney pools.

I enjoy the Liberty Bell Riverboat. It's relaxing and offers some nice views. It just wouldn't be my first choice for first ride. Your mom looks nice.

What's next?
Old 08-21-2012, 06:42 AM   #104
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

NEW PHOTOS TIME!

I can hope you can see this next picture because I have had to take the photopass picture with my Ipod Touch so let me know if you can't see it blame the crappy quailty of my Ipod Touch but anyways this picture is of Buzz Lightyear after the "infamous dancing moment".
http://s1173.photobucket.com/albums/...urrent=003.jpg

Okay let me explain this one, basically about 5 minutes after I met Buzz Lightyear it started chunking down with rain I got soaked in Tommorrowland which to be honest was what I needed after an extremely hot day. When it was raining I was dancing and singing Gene Kelly's "Singin' in the Rain" we then decided to head out of the park and before we left Main Street USA, my dad then went upfront and took a picture of me, my mother and sister near the Town Square. And by the way my sister's name is Freya (Pictured in the middle) and she's been by far the most obnoxious, stuck up whiny and annoying sister I have in my family and she constantly winds everybody up with her constant back chat and incredible foul mouth. But anyways here's us on Town Square before exiting for the day.
http://s1173.photobucket.com/albums/...ictures050.jpg

Unforunately those are all the Magic Kingdom pics I have right now. Until I ask my dad if I can get the photos he's got on his Ipad that's all your seeing for the time being. Anyways moving on we've got me, my sister Freya and my mother standing in front of the fountain at Epcot.
http://s1173.photobucket.com/albums/...ictures058.jpg

Remember how I said my sister was whingy? Well see we were queueing for Test Track and my dad was taking piccys of the queue line nothing wrong with that but the kicker is that Freya refused to be in the picture and made fuss about it but I volunteered to have my picture taken. Oh and trust me I have a whole section of photos of her on my trip and I'm gonna devote an entire section on her because I swear she never smiles at all when at home but there are quite a few pictures of her smiling but whatever.
http://s1173.photobucket.com/albums/...ictures060.jpg
Old 08-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #105
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I love dancing/playing in the rain. Especially on a very hot day. A few years ago I went to a local amusement park. It was so crowded, we only did 4 rides in the whole day. When it started raining we thought we'd wait it out, but after 45 minutes and no sign of clearing up, we left. We had more fun jumping in the water puddles on the way to the car, then we had had the whole day.

Don't you know it's a sister's job to annoy their brother? The opposite is also true.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: