Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #46
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

So your husband did that just to make fun of him? Huh guess that makes sense. Because I was gonna say in the next post does he like it or something? But whatever. I guess if I had shown up at MNSSHP then I would've made quite an impression on the characters. Besides Halloween is my second fave holiday after Xmas. Why won't people acknowledge it as a proper holiday? It's not just something for the kiddies damn it, it's for teens as well! And half the time they don't even make a big deal out of it and they have to go straight to the christmas decorations in the middle of freaking October! Seriously I hate it when they do that I really do!

Also I was aware of the series even before I was a fan and that was pretty much foreshadowing my future. And not too mention because of the disney fairies series I've developed a huge crush on Mae Whitman for reasons only known to me. And oddly enough I saw the first Tinker Bell movie just after seeing Scott Pilgrim at the cinema last summer. It really is a series I keep coming back to. And seeing as I'm a sucker for that series I bought both the photopass pictures for both Tinker Bell and Rosetta right next to the ones I had with Mickey Mouse and Buzz Lightyear. And of course my parents do not know I like the series but they did find out that I did meet Tink thanks to the photopass picture of me standing right next to her and I felt bad and depressed about it but they didn't laugh at me because of that they told to not worry about it so fine it's alright I guess.

It would've been fine if it weren't for the fact that I hid behind my own mother when Tink's float passed by during the Main Street Electrical parade. Let me repeat that: I hid behind my own mother from Tinker Bell while watching the Main Street Electrical parade...I really wish I was making this up. I think that's the only thing that needs to be erased from my head. Meeting Rosetta and Tink? I'm fine with. Hiding from Tink during the Main Street Electrical parade? Not fine with. It's a very very embarrassing moment and good thing my family didn't see me doing this though. They were too engrossed with the parade to even notice me acting weird anyway.

And your right I don't need to be ashamed about liking the Disney Fairies series. And if it makes me smile then who really cares what people think right?
Old 10-16-2011, 01:43 AM   #47
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

DH is pretty relentless in making fun of Handy Manny. Instead of singing we can fix it right, he always says we can fix it wrong. My son is only four, so he does not get sarcasm yet. He thinks my husband just cannot remember the proper words and tries to correct him. I think Hany Manny is okay, but it does not matter what DH and I think. As long as DS enjoys him, that is all that matters.

I admit that I have not dressed up for Halloween since I was 14. However, I will dress up in two years for MNSSHP. It would be nice to go as one of the Princesses, so I just have to choose which one. DH agrees with you that they should not put Christmas decorations out until after Halloween or even Thanksgiving. It really bothers him, and he must constantly complain when he sees them out this early.

Christmas is my favorite holiday followed by Halloween as well. Mostly because I enjoy watching my son enjoy Christmas first and then Halloween.

One should always do whatever makes him/her happy. I never put too much credence into what other people think. Always take opinions whether positive or negative with a grain of salt, and make your own decisions. You are the one who has to live with your decisions, so if they make you smile, you've probably made the right one. As long as your decision is not illegal or harmful to someone else, do whatever you want. When you look at things that way, you will feel less shameful and more happy with doing what you want to do.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2011, 04:46 AM   #48
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

I guess there will always be cynics out there that will think that your getting too soft or your just being plain weird. But that won't matter to me because I'm not like them they can say what they what cuz I ain't changing. I like being me. All I need out of life is confidence and that thought that says: "Yeah I can do it! I can do anything!" I just need to not judge myself too seriously I guess. I just need a little bit of faith and trust is all. That's what will make me whole as a person and that's all I need.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #49
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

You are very wise at 18 and have already learned things that I did not fully learn until my mid to late twenties. Be who you are is the most important advise I could give anyone.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:03 AM   #50
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

Day 6 Blizzard Beach and Disney Hollywood studios

I must say Disney world has been a real rollercoaster of a trip. Iíve enjoyed it so much that Iím already planning on my return trip there next year just for myself that is. It was that good I tell you anyways on with the next day and this time we headed for the second water park in the whole of Disney World: Blizzard Beach. I gotta say itís the weaker of the two water parks while itís a good water park I felt I didnít enjoy myself as much as I did with Typhoon Lagoon and I have to agree with my father on this one. Well for one thing it was a very small park and it doesnít have much to offer in terms of attractions and there wasnít a lot to do while we where there. Of course my mother relaxed in the chairs whilst me, my sister and father went and did the park by ourselves. For the most part I was still trying to stay on those stupid floats but I kept falling off them! I swear they hate my guts! Anyways I went on Toboggan racers and itís the most awesome idea that Iíve ever come across from Disney. Tobogganing down water slides while racing against other park guests, itís an ingenious concept! I had a lot of fun with this one I had ridden on it 5 times while I was Blizzard Beach. It was only on my second go that a friendly black American woman challenged me to a race and I came second beating her when she was a near third. She congratulated me on beating her and I went on it again. Seriously I kept coming back to this ride it was so much fun. The weather unlike with Typhoon Lagoon was meh at best one minute it was sunny, the next there was a freak storm brewing and as a result the park ended up getting closed because of it and then it rained heavilyÖ.again and then it was sunny again. We had to wait a good 15-20 mins until the storm had passed we decided to have a look around the shops while we were waiting. As usual my sister was checking out everything in the shop and she still havenít decided on what to get I browsed a bit and I tried on a tusk necklace it was too small for me but you have to admit I looked pretty damn cool wearing that Tusk necklace. God I wish I had pictures to show you that.

When the storm cleared the park reopened itís doors to the public again. I did go on another ride before the storm came though the team boat springs and unlucky for me because I couldnít go on it because I was all on my own and I ended up riding with another family. And you know I wasnít sure at first if I wanted to go on Toboggan racers because I was originally going to try out Downhill Double Dipper but had a really long *** line for it so I had to skip it. And when the storm passed when I tried to go for Toboggan racers again for a fifth time it had a long line as well so I went for Snow Stoppers not as good as Toboggan racers but it was cool nonetheless. Oh and hereís a pro-tip for anyone whoís going to Disney World and they are planning on going to either Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach donít go around the parks bare foot when the floorís all hot because itíll scold your feet if you do that. And I learnt that the hard way I even had to walk on my tippy-toes at one point because the floor was so damn hot! My advice always keep your sandals or flip-flops on whenever you walk about the water parks. Trust me youíll save yourself the trouble of taking them on and off whenever you are near hot walking surfaces.

I wish I could say more about this park but really there isnít much to say other than what Iíve already said about it. Itís defiantly by far the weaker one of the water parks at Disney World. Typhoon Lagoonís a park that I would more likely return to more because it has more to offer as a park plus itís a lot bigger than Blizzard Beach as a whole. So point goes to Typhoon Lagoon on the water parks. We decided that we had enough of Blizzard Beach and decided to have lunch back at the apartment we had to wait a bit until my sister had come off a ride because she was held up in a queue for it. I like how you Americans have things like cheese sauce for Nachos, Taco Bellís and have way bigger shopping malls yet we donít seem to have it over in where Iím from. Itís not fair I should be having some that American stuff in Britain! You can say Iím tad bit jealous of this but itís just a minor nitpick anyway. After we digested some lunch we went back to Disney Hollywood studios and I picked up my photopass pictures yes even the ones with Tinker Bell and Rosetta. And like I told you before, my parents only know that I saw Tinker Bell that night all because of that one photopass picture of me standing next to Tink but they donít know Iím a fan of the Disney Fairies series. So I donít need to worry at all. We then went on the Great Movie Ride and seeing as Iím a movie fanatic I did get something from it and I guess itís a nice little tribute to the movies from the last decades or so but nothing really special about it. After that I then asked my family that I wanted to go on my own through the park and they told me to meet up by the hat. So I had a little walk around Streets of America and I found the Phineas and Ferb meet and greet spot but not much good going there because it was already 6:30PM too late to meet them and you will be interested that Iíve recently got into the show and Iím finding most of the stuff for that show hilarious. DR DOOFENSMIRTZ AND PERRY THE PLAYTPUS FOR THE WIN! I saw Lighting McQueen and Materís meet and greet spot but I decided to skip them because the line was too long for my tastes. So I walked back past the Hollywood backdrop and decided to ride Star Tours again. My father then contacted me on my walkie talkie that they at the hat enjoying the live band for the night.

As usual my mother wanted to take it easy so she sat on a bench outside of The Magic of Disney Animation naturally I ventured inside via the shop cuz I had learnt that there was a character meet and greet in the building besides the current characters that meet there Mickey, Mr Incredible, Elastigirl, Frozone and now Winnie the Pooh whose recently replaced Lotso but like all new movies heís not gonna be meeting there for long. I heard that some of the rare characters like to linger around The Magic of Disney Animation rare characters like: Jafar, Captain Hook, Queen of Hearts and Max all show up in that building but when I got there wasnít a character in sight itís only after the trip I figured that the rare characters come out during the late evenings Iím referring to the Fantasmic meet. While they appear regularly itís not always a guarantee that theyíll show up. Sometimes they do, sometimes they donít but itís every other day that they make appearances so I guess the next time I visit I better hope I get lucky and see them in the building because it really is a golden opportunity to see rare characters at this time anyway. While I was there I decided to play about for a bit on the machines I did Youíre a character and picked the Aladdin scene I pretty much knew the scene of by heart cuz I had seen Aladdin so many times now and did I not mention that I want to become a voice actor in the future? Itís always been my passion to entertain people so I figure voice acting is where itís at for me and there have been so many influences that have made me want to go into voice acting so yeah thatís who I wanna be in the future.

I was about to leave The Magic of Disney animation when my father and sister came in and also went on the machines for a bit and that was it for the night. Oh god Iíve just realized something Animal Kingdom is the place where I met lot of characters at but itís also the park where I did less there and same thing with Epcot there was less done all because of the terrible events that happened there. Though Animal Kingdom I donít think itís a park I would like to come back in a hurry to for but Epcot is another story I again want to make amends for my past transactions and have a more pleasant experience there so fingers crossed for the better.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #51
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Ok, found the correct TR. I haven't finished reading all your updates, will have to come back later.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:38 AM   #52
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

No problem Rommel, take your time reading it and enjoy I guess.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #53
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Blizzard Beach has more and longer slides, but Typhoon Lagoon definitely has the best wave pool!

The random characters in the Animation building come out between 5pm and 7pm, but not everyday.

Great TR!
Old 10-24-2011, 12:08 PM   #54
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

Nah I really do prefer Typhoon Lagoon and besides I had more fun while I was there anyways. But it is agreed that Typhoon Lagoon has an awesome wave pool that's something I wanna do again when I go back.

Ah thanks on the random character meet and greet in the Animation building I guess I must've done either two things: 1 They were there but I was just too late to see them or 2 I came when it was a day when they were showing Fantasmic early. The only problem now is which days the random character meet and greets usually happen at DHS. I know it's not every day and the time but it's just the days I'll need to know though.

And oh one last thing Rommel, have you checked out the other parts to my trip report?
Old 10-24-2011, 01:58 PM   #55
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream275 View Post
Nah I really do prefer Typhoon Lagoon and besides I had more fun while I was there anyways. But it is agreed that Typhoon Lagoon has an awesome wave pool that's something I wanna do again when I go back.

Ah thanks on the random character meet and greet in the Animation building I guess I must've done either two things: 1 They were there but I was just too late to see them or 2 I came when it was a day when they were showing Fantasmic early. The only problem now is which days the random character meet and greets usually happen at DHS. I know it's not every day and the time but it's just the days I'll need to know though.

And oh one last thing Rommel, have you checked out the other parts to my trip report?
I've heard that the characters are there every night that Fantasmic doesn't show early, but I couldn't confirm it.

I've read everything, but quickly as I've been suffering from pregnancy nausea pretty bad. Whoever called it morning sickness was lucky to only get it in the morning...
Old 10-24-2011, 02:35 PM   #56
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

Oooh sorry to hear your having morning sickness I hope you get better. It isn't a permanent illness is it? Do you have any treatments for it?
Old 10-24-2011, 04:57 PM   #57
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I'm glad you had fun on the Toboggan Racer even if the rest of the park did not appeal much to you.

I love Phineas and Ferb too. That is actually what DS is watching now. The humor is not just for kids, so it is my favorite Disney cartoon tv show. We are all looking forward to the new meet and greet there. Thanks for the tip that we should get there earlier in the day.

I am a movie buff too, but I find the great movie ride a little boring. Taco Bell is awesome and so is cheese sauce for things like nachos and soft pretzels.

We had a lot of laid back fun in the Magic of Disney Animation section last trip too.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:59 PM   #58
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I've read everything, but quickly as I've been suffering from pregnancy nausea pretty bad. Whoever called it morning sickness was lucky to only get it in the morning...
I had "morning sickness" all day with both of my pregnancies. It lasted until I was 3.5 months pregnant with my first and 4.5 months pregnant with my second. Hopefully, yours will go away soon. Congratulations on your pregnancy.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:33 PM   #59
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream275 View Post
Oooh sorry to hear your having morning sickness I hope you get better. It isn't a permanent illness is it? Do you have any treatments for it?
It's not permanent, but it's common to last the first 3-4 months of any pregnancy. Hopefully the doctor might have a pill to help with it when I see her later this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I had "morning sickness" all day with both of my pregnancies. It lasted until I was 3.5 months pregnant with my first and 4.5 months pregnant with my second. Hopefully, yours will go away soon. Congratulations on your pregnancy.
Thanks! I do hope it goes away soon.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:35 AM   #60
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

I'm thinking of posting all of the pictures that I have from my trip including the ones that happen to be the photopass pictures. Trouble is the photopass photos are already printed out and I haven't got them on my laptop so the best I can do with them is take pictures of them with my crappy camera. As for the rest of the photos I'll have to ask my father if he can email them to me because he has most of them on his laptop so they won't be much of a problem if he's willing to do that for me that is but whatever. Expect the photos to be posted in the next week or so.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: