Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2011, 03:33 AM   #31
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Relaxing at the hotel can be a lot of fun on a Disney trip too, so your morning sounded nice to me. We love Downtown Disney as well. I am not a gamer and my kids are young (4 and 3mos), so we have not been to Disney Quest yet. Based on what I've read, all the games are included with admission. That may be the reason you did not need any coins (or assumed they were left behind) for Donkey Kong.

I am not a huge sports fan either and also find NASCAR boring, so we have never been to WWoS either.

I do love Phineas and Ferb. We just saw their live stage show last night, and it was really good. DS4 was so impressed.

I am glad the walkie talkies worked better for you at DD, and that you had a better day.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #32
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

Day 3 Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Hollywood Studios

All I gotta say is: god damn has this holiday made some development for me. This time was a park day for me and this time it was an improvement over Epcot. A massive improvement there. And I really felt like I was enjoying today and you know I think the magic mightíve come back overnight because the weather was sunny again where we were going. The park we went to this time was one of the water parks: Typhoon Lagoon. And man I now love water parks because of that place. So things were looking up and I was having so much fun there. Apart from being splashed and tipped upside down by those upstart floats at the Castaway Creek! Whatís the matter with you floats?! Donít you know who I am?! Not the legs! (Sobs) Anyways I did the Keelhaul and Gangplank Falls and I even caught got in the wave at the centre beach I went on Crush Ní gusher with my father letís just say me and him have different opinions on that particular slide if you know what I mean. Itís a bit a of shame really cuz I really couldíve done more if my visit wasnít cut short over the fact that my sister wasnít feeling too good and had to leave so soon. You see my sister was once 13 (sheís turned 14 recently on September 30th as I write this) was coming to that age where she starts having her period and unfortunately it had happened while we were there and from what I was told her swimming suit was bleeding from the inside and she had spend the rest of the visit to Typhoon Lagoon confided to a chair near the surf pool. My father hadnít got the necessary things to help her get better because my mother wasnít with us when this happened. Luckily she recovered and she was fine to go to the next park for the afternoon: Disney Hollywood Studios or as I like to call it The Park formerly named Disney MGM studios. Why call it this, because my father kept calling Disney Hollywood Studios, Disney MGM studios well giving that he hadnít been to Disney World in a long while it would make sense for him to call the park by itís former name. The last time he went was when he went there for his honeymoon with my mother back in 1991 the year Beauty and the Beast came out and the odd thing was that I was born 2 years after their trip. Yeah who knew right?

Our entrance there was a bit sloppy because my father had forgotten to get the park tickets and they were still in the rental car so he along with my sister had to go back on the tram to get them luckily for me and my mother he had mine and her ticket with him so we were able to get into the park before them. They eventually got into the park only for my sister to dart off into the shops I swear she was like a magpie with those shops she did this all the time while I was in Disney world. Every time she saw a shop in any park she would then look around it for a brief moment and then come back out again it was very annoying it was just like stop looking in every bloody shop in the park, damn it! While me and my mother were waiting for my father to get my sister out of the shops she was browsing she and along with me watched a bit of streetmosphere with the citizens of Hollywood. Once my sister and my father were out of the shop we decided to go on Star Tours! I love Star Tours and like the Haunted Mansion itís one of my favourite rides and itís a classic for many a guest at any Disney park. Now before the trip I had learned that all versions of Star Tours were going to be refurbished into a new version where you travel to new planets which is Endor and for some reason Tatoonie. And speaking as someone whoís been on the original ride at Euro Disney, I would have to say that this new version is actually great. Itís just as good as the original and I defiantly think giving the ride an update was a wise choice there. Next we went to see the Indiana Jones stunt show which was pretty much the motors cars stunt show from Euro Disney only without the cars and motorcycles and Herbie. Instead of the generic action sequence that Lights, motors action extreme stunt show had to offer it had 3 iconic scenes from the first Indy film.

Iíll be honest I didnít like the above mentioned show because I found it to be rather bland and generic for my tastes mainly because it wasnít really focusing on a specific scene from any movie in particular. Now donít get me wrong, I love hardcore action sequences Iím all for violence in films but to be frank the scene in Lights, Motors, Action extreme stunt show was pretty much made for the show and didnít do anything spectacular with it. While the Indiana Jones show on the other hand was working with not one but three classic scenes from like I said the first Indiana Jones movie. Now that was something I could get my head around on and I actually liked it over Lights, Motors, Action extreme stunt show in Euro Disney. With that said the Indiana Jones show was pretty cool but one little gripe I have with it. The female host. Okay, she wouldíve been okay if it werenít for the fact that she had a really, really, really, really high pitched voice and she sounded like she was on helium and to me she sounded like a female version of the Squeaky voiced teen from the Simpsons. Whoa did I just reference The Simpsons twice in this whole trip report? Anyways moving on we also went on the Tram tour which was pretty much the same as it was in the Walt Disney Studios park in Euro Disney so nothing to report there.

After we went on the Tram tour my father and sister wanted to go on Tower of terror and of course my mother was squirmish with things that could be scary to her and knowing Tower of Terrorís reputation as a ride, that is quite the understatement coming from me. So I volunteered to look after her while they went on it. It was the least I could do on short notice and considering what I put her through in the past few days and I decided to keep her company and make her smile at least. She wanted to go to Journey into Narnia: Prince Caspian at first she thought it was gonna be interesting but it was a big letdown when we found out it was more than just a summary of what happened in the second movie and an exhibition of the costumes and props that were used in the movie. You know what wouldnít be disappointing? Seeing Buzz and Woody! Why the hell didnít I get in line to see them? I mean there meet and greet spot was not too far from the Journey into Narnia thing in Pixar place we kept going past it so why not go over there and see them? Man I had missed a good opportunity there god I wouldíve played around with them and it wouldnít be a big letdown! But oh well me and my mother then wandered over to Sunset Boulevard we bought some water and I got myself some Cheetohs. Why is it with things like Lucky Charms, Cheetohs and Count Chocoula they are discontinued in the UK yet they still sell them over in the US? I really donít get that. Anyways my father and sister had finished riding Tower of Terror and we all decided to stick around for Fantasmic.

So we wondered over to the arena and surprisingly though we got the best seats in the left far end a little bit of a fun moment before the show started the people in the first row were doing the Mexican wave and then it spread to the second and then sooner or later we all start doing the Mexican wave I donít know what that was about but it was a good way to kill some time I guess. Now onto the actual show itself: Fantasmic. What did I think of it? Well after seeing it I love it. I love Fantasmic. Before I went Disney World I have heard a lot about Fantasmic and that it was an awesome show and probably the best that Disney world to offer and now I can fully agree with them on that statement itself. Itís such a brilliant show, the special effects were amazing from the water fountains splashing upwards when Mickey first appears to Maleficentís epic transformation into her dragon form. It was mind blowing from start to finish. Itís defiantly worth it in the evening to see the show and itís no doubt about it my favourite moment of my trip to Disney World hands down. Just awesome, no other words to describe it just no questions asked. It is that good of a show and I love it to bits. Thank you so much Disney, for providing me a wonderful night spectacle for me watch just thank you so much I really owe you one big time.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2011, 05:39 PM   #33
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

That is cool that your parents honeymooned at WDW. My husband and I honeymooned there too, and we had a blast. The only thing that is nicer is watching our kids enjoy themselves. Your parents must have loved seeing you and your sister at the place they opened their marrriage with.

Sorry your Typhoon Lagoon trip was cut short, but I am glad your sister was feeling better for HS. That is my favorite park. I cannot sit through the Indy show anymore as I find it too boring. I love the ToT. We love watching Fantasmic at WDW even though it is not as good as Dl, because it has better seating.

I love Lucky Charms and DS4 loves cheetos. They are staples in our house, so I would be bummed if they discontinued them here.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:58 AM   #34
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

You and your husband went to WDW on your honeymoon?! Damn, what are the chances of that eh? I guess it is true disney does bring in couples. It's good to know that my parents went for their honeymoon before I was born and yeah you could say that they were happy that I was enjoying myself whilst I was there they don't like to admit it but I reckon they enjoyed themselves the first time they were there.

Man before I went to WDW I wanted to try some Lucky Charms but when I got to America I never got a chance to eat some while I was there. (sighs)

Oh one little thing that I forgot to mention while I was about to leave Typhoon Lagoon I saw Lilo and Stitch greeting guests by the surfboards on the way to the centre beach but unforunately like Woody and Buzz I didn't meet them. And I'm guessing they were only there for photos so whatever.

I'm actually glad that I went to see Fantasmic because now I know that there isn't gonna be another night time show that could match Fantasmic. It was definatly the highlight of the whole trip and I was really drawn into it besides the special effects, I loved the soundtrack for it. I have never seen anything like this show it's so marvelous and I was literally lost for words after I saw it just nothing more to say it's just incredible.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #35
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

My husband and I did enjoy our trip without our kids, but I enjoy the trips with our kids more.

World of Color at DCA in the DLR is my favorite night time show. Fantasmic is a close second.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #36
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

Well I wouldn't know what World of Colour is like because I've never been to Disneyland in Califorina. But I'll take your word on it whatever it's about anyways.

Last edited by Starscream275; 10-08-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:54 AM   #37
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

You'll love it. It's not the same as watching it live, but I hope you enjoy it anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o0Icz6ExiM
Old 10-09-2011, 11:05 AM   #38
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

I've just watched it and it's beautiful I reckon it comes a close second behind Fantasmic. I didn't enjoy it as much as Fantasmic but it's still a wonderful show. I doubt I'm gonna see it live but it's the closest I'll get to seeing it anyway.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #39
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

Right update time. The next day is another lazy day so that means it's another Disney Night event but only this time at Epcot....Again I could've done so much more with this park if it haven't have rained and I ran off like that. Ya know the first thing I'm gonna do when I return to Disney World? I'm gonna take that monorail and go to Epcot because I feel I need to make my redemption there. I really do it's like being unloved but no matter that time will come. That time will come.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:41 AM   #40
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I love Epcot and am confident it'll find redemption. Lazy days are nice.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #41
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

Disney Night Events 2: Epcot

Yes Day 4 was another lazy day in the apartment didnít do much besides take a swim in the pool and by the way it was just gorgeous and buying a few new games for my PSP. Lego Batman and MediEvil Resurrection were the games I got for it at first I thought American games donít work on a British PSP because most consoles are regional sensitive and I know the big consoles wonít play games from the US so I thought the same would apply to portable consoles but when I put the games into my PSP just fine. Guess that throws the regional crap out the window then. Mind you, we nearly got locked out of our apartment because my father had broken the key in the lock and we had to wait a bit before the locksmith arrived. And we were about to have supper when this happened and we had to have pizza at a pizzeria instead of what we were gonna have that night. Luckily we were able to get back into the apartment thanks to the locksmith. We then prepared for the night out at Epcot although my mother did she wanted to say the Main Street Electrical parade over in the Magic Kingdom but my father said my sister didnít get to do the things in Epcot first time around so we decided to leave the Main Street Electrical parade for the next night.

First thing on the agenda was Mission: Space. Hoo boy Iíve got a lot to say about this one. You remember the first Disney Night event when me, my father and my sister went to Downtown Disney? Well we went to the NASA space centre during that day and we there for the whole day. I hated NASA before even going there ever since a boy at my college (who will remain anonymous) went on and on and on about it. Why the bloody hell do we have such a boring space force such as NASA?! Nobody cares about it! Nobody gives two monkey snots about who was the first man on the moon! So why we do even the NASA space centre?! ITíS STUPID! Ö..the only cool astronaut in my books is Buzz Lightyear and heís a freaking toy for god sakes! Yeah Iíll have Buzz Lightyear over any astronaut any day! And those stupid ninnies that I call my father and sister bought T-shirts from that centre! And because I loved the centre soooooo much they decided to go on Mission: Space. Swell. You know how some people find the Tea cup ride in the Magic Kingdom very sickening and dizzy after being on it? Well I had a dose of dizziness after I got off it I was literally walking into the walls from side to side and I was nearly ready to throw up. Gee, thanks a lot dad, sis. Thanks for making me so much better about Epcot I really appreciated. (Sighs) Anyways we then walked all the way to the Norwegian Pavilion and went Maelstrom. Vikings are my favourite historian warriors besides pirates so I did get a kick out of Maelstrom but other that thereís really nothing to do in Norway. The only thing you could do while your in Norway is go and have a character meal over at Akershus and thatís a Princess Character Meal! My sister then wanted to go to the Chinese pavilion because thatís what she wanted to come to Epcot for. So our next course was the pavilion that had me trapped in the temple. I have to admit the gardens like magnificent at night. I mean I was overlooking the pond gardens before we went inside the temple and itís a gorgeous sight. Man if only I had taken pictures of the surroundings in the Chinese pavilion.

Once inside the temple my family settled themselves down on the benches. While I had a little walkabout the temple and I was still wondering if I shouldíve went up to Mulan or not. I still think I shouldíve done that because I wouldíve had something to do when I was trapped in the temple from the rain. But oh well Iíll meet her again when I make my redemption in Epcot when I return to Disney World. We then did Reflections of China. I really love how they made it all split screened so is to look like your in china. Itís really quite good I might actually visit China one day it might not happen but looking at it in all itís glory is quite stunning. And you know? The Chinese pavilion may actually be my favourite in Epcot and really itís a pavilion I really want to come back to. Itís such a sight to behold with the temple and the pond gardens itís just lovely to visit. The reason why we came to Epcot was to basically see the fireworks there: IllumiNations: Reflections of the Earth. We did get a good spot to see them but to be honest with you IllumiNations wasnít all that spectacular I mean it was good but it just didnít have any flair to it and it was quite predictable. I think Wishes is a better fireworks display than what Epcot has at the moment but maybe thatís just me.

My sister was sulking once the fireworks were over because she wanted to spend her American money on a Chinese straw hat but my father wouldnít let her because he just wanted to leave the park for the night. But who could blame him? He was tired out from all the walking about and I was feeling the same way as well. She just kept on saying: ďI want to spend my money! I want to spend my money!Ē All throughout the trip and she kept on missing her chance to get something from the parks.

So my evening at Epcot was okay but it still it doesnít make up for the fact that I had a terrible experience on my first day there. I will not lose hope for my redemption I really want to go back and have a sunny day there. It really was the unloved park of Disney World for me it really was.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:13 AM   #42
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I rode Mission Space very shortly after it first opened in 2003. Never again!! I hear they created a tamer version since then, but I have not/will not try it. It was almost an hour after I exited the ride before I was no longer dizzy and nauseous. The teacups are fun to me, so there is something different about Mission Space.

I would find a day at NASA boring too. DH posed the following conundrum he found online to me and some others: if you won a prize, would you rather travel to the moon for one day or to Europe for three days? Everyone picked the moon but me. Granted, I picked neither. That's a lot of travel time for such a short trip, so I would rather stay home. I am not a fan of traveling but will put up with it for a nice vacation if it is spaced out (like over a week at WDW). My DS loves Buzz too. That is who he was for Halloween last year. This year, he wants to be Handy Manny.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:06 AM   #43
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

I agree with you all the way when you say you've never been on that ride since it first opened and I think the same's gonna happen with me cuz I'm never gonna go on that ride again. I felt like I was being shot out of a cannon by an angry Welshmen. I had to sit down for a bit before I could do anything else after doing Mission: Space so yeah I agree with you on that one. I hadn't been on the tea cups but from what I hear some people do get nauseous on that ride but I don't know maybe it's just me or it's just people who don't do rides that spin around wildly I'll have to see if I ever go on the tea cups.

Trust me I would rather have a 3 day trip around europe then go to the freaking moon! I mean seriously who wants to go to the moon?! It's a desolate wasteland of a planet that has nothing to offer whatsoever! I think Futurama summed it up best when Fry, Leela, Bender and Amy want to the moon's theme park and Fry not liking it wanted to show Leela what the moon was really like. Basically the moon's only there to make dates more romantic I guess.

And your husband wants to go as Handy Mandy?! What the hell possessed him to make him come as Handy Mandy?! And I'm guessing it's for the halloween party over in the Magic Kingdom right? Well if I was going there I would've come as either The Terminator or Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #44
Starscream275
Mouseketeer

Day 5: Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom

Well here we are: Day 5 of my trip to the Happiest place on earth. You will surprised to hear what Iíve gotta say for this next day cuz this oneís a dozy and it has a surprise twist to it. What do I mean by a surprise twist? Well letís get stuck with this day shall we? We had pretty much done most of the parks for Disney world and I had really havenít done much character meeting and our next venture into the Animal Kingdom can basically summed up as a character-fest. But Iíll try to go in depth with this one anyways we went to the Animal Kingdom as our next park we did get a little lost on the way to the car park though we ended up at the entrance to one of the resorts but the cast member who was at the ticket barrier put on us the right path to the car park of the Animal Kingdom. I havenít said this at all about the trams in my trip report but they are very useful when getting to and from the parks it really does beat a bus system from the hotel any day plus I donít know why but I love the male announcerís voice when Iím on the tram and monorail itís very soothing for some reason. Maybe itís just me but anyways we reached the park and after a bit of stall browsing we then went through the entrance. And just as we made it to the centre of the park Mickeyís Jamming parade had already started.

Now Mickeyís Jamming parade was just marvellous. I loved the floats and the music to that parade and it really set the mood for Animal Kingdom. But nothing will be any more marvellous than the Main Street Electrical parade later that day which Iíll get to soon. Once the parade was over my mother wanted to do the safari so we went over to Africa. But unfortunately the parade much beat us to it but it didnít bother me we were at Africa anyway. On the safari I saw lots and lots of animals from Elephants, antelopes, rhinos an ostrich and even a lion and the safari I have to admit was quite interesting. Then my family had a snack and a drink after the safari I decided I wanted to go on my character spree so I told my family that I wanted to go the park alone so they let me be and as soon as they were out of sight I started running towards the nearest spot for character meet and greets and my next destination was at Camp Minnie-Mickey. And before you could say Jack Nicholson I was having my character spree! I had literally met four characters while I was there! Four characters! And they were all in the same place at the same time. I met Goofy, Minnie, the big, big cheese of Disney: Mickey Mouse himself. I shook hands with him and then had a photopass picture after he had signed my book and then afterwards we then high fived each other I almost forgot to take my empty water bottle which the cast member held onto while I was meeting Mickey which I did throw out after I met him. I think the best moment I had while I was there had to be when I met Terk from Tarzan.

Before I had my autograph from her I saw her sitting on a park bench with some guests and then she found a water bottle that was just lying near the plants and not being used at all she then picked up the bottle, took off the cap and then emptied all the contents out of it onto the floor and then she proceeded to throw the empty water bottle into the bin. The female cast member then informed Terk that I had been waiting patiently for her to sign my book and Terk showed me her fingernails as if to say: ďMy handwritingís a little sloppy but Iíll manage.Ē She then signed my book and then she wanted to have a photo with me afterwards and I told her that I didnít have a camera on me and then she put her hands on her hips as if to say sarcastically: ďWell thanks a lot!Ē and I responded with: ďWell Iím sorry!Ē in a sort of sarky like tone so instead we had a hug and while we were doing that she kissed me on the cheek.
That was the highlight of the Animal Kingdom but it was overshadowed by my ďencountersĒ in the Magic Kingdom later that evening. My parents had told me to meet them by the entrance of the park at 6:00PM sharp so I decided to spend my American cash on some prezzies for myself. So I went inside the nearest shop and I got myself a CD of Disney Villain songs and a DVD/Blu-ray copy of Beauty and the Beast. The shop keeper who sold the CD and the copy of Beauty and the Beast noticed that I was quite breathless mainly because I had been running from Camp Minnie Mickey to the entrance and I was in such a mad rush to meet up with my family and he thought I had been on the rides screaming my head off. I then met up with my family and then returned to the apartment for some dinner.

After we were fed we then returned to the Magic Kingdom. Before we saw the Main Street Electrical parade we had a little cruise around the whole park on the Main Street train even got to see a bit of the construction work for Fantasylandís expansion we then made just in time for the parade to start. And I gotta say once I heard that electronic voice announcing the start of the Main Street Electrical parade I thought of Soundwave from Transformers but anyways my thoughts on the actual parade. Itís the best Disney parade Iíve ever seen in my whole entire life! No Iím dead serious! It was art for my eyes but in the dark! The floats were very amazing to look at and the soundtrack so gorgeous and I felt like I was in a electronic symphony of awesomeness! It was my second favourite moment of my trip and I loved every moment of it. After the parade my mother decided to stay behind at the town square and just relax so it left only me, my sister and my father to trek through the park. We walked through Main Street USA until I stopped at Adventureland and told my sister and father to go on without me and what happened next was an essence of sweetness and an extract of giddiness ensued after they left me. And by ďsweetness and giddinessĒ I mean the encounter I had while I was in Adventureland. ÖÖ.I met Tinker Bell and RosettaÖÖBut before I go into detail of how I met them let me say this first and please do not laugh at this whatever you do because what Iím gonna tell you right now is gonna really, really, really surprise you so here goes: Iím a fan of the Disney fairies seriesÖI adore the movies and I think itís a great series. And before you ask Iím 18 years old and Iím a boy. Yes you heard right Iím a male fan of the Disney fairies series. How weird can you get? I am an equivalent to what bronies are to My Little Pony Friendship is Magic except without the millions of male fans. And like most boys when something like this happens you get a mid-life crisis about it and you feel bad that you did this, your losing your manly side, your a disgrace to humanity and blah, blah, blah, blah you get the idea and quite frankly Iím getting sick of mentioning my mid-life crisis regarding this series and if I keep talking about it Iím just gonna end up as a Daft Punk song and not in a good way either so itís best that I do not discuss it with you. As you know Tinker Bell and her friends currently meet and greet right over in Adventureland.

Seeing as it was dark I naturally thought: ďHey itís the evening surely I wonít be able to see them now right?Ē Wrong! It turns out that few of the characters that meet indoors can still continue meeting guests until the park closes so in my case the Disney Fairies meet and greet spot was still open. Me being a male fan of the series and not wanting to let my family know anything about my encounter was very feeling reluctant to go and meet them at first but my curiosity and stubbornness won over me and I then got in the line to see them. I was feeling nervous and at the same felt little bit scared. My knees were shaking, I was fidgeting with my fingers and I wasnít thinking straight at all. I kept saying things like: ďWhat am I doing here? Iím losing my manhood!Ē under my breath and I kept thinking to myself: ďMust think manly thoughts! Must think manly thoughts!Ē But nothing was coming to mind all I was thinking about in my mind was the fact that I was about to meet Tinker Bell herself. I thought as I was going through the line that I was gonna see Vidia alongside Tink because I saw footage of Vidia and Tink meeting guests and thought it was just them but it turns out Rosetta was there. I peeked around the wall before going into the room thatís how I knew she was there. She and Tinker Bell are two of my favourite characters in the Disney Fairies series the other two being Fawn and Silvermist.

So you would imagine what kind of reaction had when I saw the both of them I was both tongue-tied and star struck! For the first time in my life I didnít know what to do once I was in that room and yet deep down I felt good about meeting them. When it was my turn to see Rosetta I approached her nervously but in a calm manner but she didnít seem to mind that I was feeling nervous because she was very nice and polite to me. She asked me who I was and if it was my first time seeing her. She also asked me where I came from and I replied Britain and she then asked how I got here by either using pixie dust or with fairy wings and me being the ninny said fairy wings when I shouldíve said pixie dust! Itís not fair I shouldnít be able to stumble over my words like that! Iím a boy not a fairy! I might as well go hide in some bushes nowÖget away from me fairies! I didnít deserve to be in your clan! Iím joking, I actually like fairies in general and I havenít gone insane I still like things like: Batman, Ozzy Osbourne, No More Heroes, Spiderman, Transformers, Indiana Jones, Brutal Legend, Super Mario, Father Ted and so many other man-ish things that I like anyways back to me and Rosetta now I was wearing a green t-shirt with a smiley face on it that night and as you know Tinker Bell and all the other Tinker fairies all wear green and of course Rosetta noticed my shirt and said to me that Iím a fully fledged Tinker fairy or sparrowman as I am like I said male. I then posed with her for a photo and then moved on to Tinker Bell herself. And man I gotta say what a hottie! I canít believe I just said thatÖ.I kind of have a crush on her so yeahÖ.

This time around I couldnít say a word to her I mean at least with Rosetta I did talk to her bit and I wasnít able to confess my feelings for Tink! Not when I was in a nervous state! Well whatever at least I had the great pleasure in meeting her though which was pretty sweet I guess. So no harm done eh? Like Rosetta, Tinker Bell also noticed my green T-shirt and also said Iím a tinker fairy like her. She told me that pixie dust was very important for travelling. After she signed my book she thanked me for seeing her and I gotta say she pretty much made my night at least. What is wrong with me? Iím liking a girly series. I then went back outside and then met up with my sister and father who were by the Crystal palace restaurant and surprisingly Wishes had started while I was meeting Tinker Bell and Rosetta they were watching the end of it when I arrived. They told me that they went to Frontierland and went on Big Thunder Mountain I knew couldnít say what I did so I just said nothing and didnít say a word about it.

We then decided to go back to Adventureland I needed something to take my mind off things so I went on Pirates of the Caribbean again and this time I got soaked big time. Next we then did the Magic Carpets of Agrabah which were a lot of fun and the spitting camels were a nice touch though. We then decided to go over to Splash Mountain just for one last ride in the park but the waiting time for it was 65 mins too long so we had to skip it so we decided to call a day. We then walked back to Main Street USA to meet up with my mother who was waiting for us by the benches and that was it really.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #45
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

My husband actually dislikes Handy Manny and makes fun of him much to my son's dismay. It is my son who was Buzz last year and will be Handy Manny this year. DH never dresses up although he is thinking about going (trick or treating with my boys) as a vampire this year. He bought vampire contacts and will at least wear those. We were at WDW one year during the time of the halloween parties but never attended. Our next trip is this December, so we will not be there to go to the MNSSHP this year. In two years, we are planning a trip and will not miss out on the party this time.

AK is our favorite park for character greets. It has a lot of the ones DS likes all close together with short wait times. We have never sat through the parade at AK but I am thinking about doing it on our upcoming trip. I am glad you enjoyed it. The electrical parade at MK is very nice (except for the one time where bad time management and not being able to move through the parade route caused us to miss our dinner reservation time). At least we got to watch the parade, and they still took us when we showed up late for dinner.

There is nothing wrong with liking the fairies. You do not need to feel any shame. Just consider the fact that you are a young man who was waiting to meet some hot ladies, and that should erase the stigma. The franchise started within the past few years, so it was not around when I was growing up. DS has not expressed any interest yet, so I have never seen any of the shows. I do know Tinkerbell though, since she is from Peter Pan.

I am glad you had another great day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: