Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #91
katt789
DIS Veteran

Baby You're a Firework!

Next up on our list of things to do at MNSSHP: FIREWORKS!! As there was only one showing a night, and we knew we DID NOT want to miss it, we staked a spot near the right side of the Hub, over by Tomorrowland, and prepared to watch. Now, fireworks are incredible, and nothing else in the world could ever compete with Disney fireworks, and I definitely didn’t want to miss the special Halloween fireworks, however, for another trip, I figure if everyone has seen the fireworks, during that time would be a great time to go on tons of rides with no waits!!

However, we stuck around for the fireworks, and took lots of pictures! (of course!)

An obligatory action shot!! Although Amy & I knew it was happening, so I made a face while she smiled

I love how the castle changes colors all through the firework shows; it just makes the whole thing more magical. Then again, of course Disney knows what they’re doing. At this point, the 4 of us started talking about what we were going to do next. Obviously, 3 of the 4 of us knew that we wanted to do Halloween things, and meet the characters that wouldn’t be out other days, while one wanted to ride rides. Well, the 3 to 1, Halloween things win. We made a decision that we were going to skip the parade, and head into Town Hall to meet the princesses and their princes. However, you’ll have to stick around to see what actually went down, who we got to meet, and what happened next!!

In other, real life news, how has everyone else's waits for their photopass been? It says mine was shipped on Sept 30th, the photobook on Sept 29th. I got the book about a week ago (which I LOVE, I'll post some pictures later!) but still haven't gotten the cd....should I be concerned? It said 14 business days, it's been about 20..

I'm just worried that it got lost in the mail, and my photos will expire before I can go in & order it again...

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 10-26-2011, 11:40 AM   #92
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I have a feeling they could retrieve your pictures even after they're no longer available on the site.....however, I'd still call to let them know you haven't received it. It seems like it's taking too long, especially considering that you received the book a week ago.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #93
Merida
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post

Glad you came to say hi!! And sweet!! What dates/where are you guys going??
We'll be there the 15th-20th but technically the 15th is our Universal day! ABC Family has played the HP movies so many times during their Christmas movies special that it would be weird to do a Christmas trip without Harry Potter (or Dr. Seuss! If only there was a Peanuts land and a Narnia land..).

I would call about your CD just because it's been forever and I'm impatient about things being delivered (oh online trackers, how you enable me).

Love the action shot faces and all the villains you were able to see! Jafar and Captain Hook certainly have... interesting faces. Lucky for Gaston that he doesn't have to deal with that!
Old 10-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #94
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Mine was shipped on September 26th and I received it after about 12 business days. You should probably call them, seems like they may have lost it?
Old 10-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #95
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
We'll be there the 15th-20th but technically the 15th is our Universal day!
Will you be at the christmas party on the 16th?

We're really only going to be in the parks that day, doing all 4, then MVMCP, the 15th will be our audition day, and we have breakfast at 1900 park fare on the 17th.

And I've emailed about my cd now, so here's hoping it turns up soon!!

Old 10-29-2011, 12:00 PM   #96
katt789
DIS Veteran

Boo To You! Happy Halloween!

Our group headed into the Town Hall theatre to check out some royalty and see what Princes we could manage to get. Tyler didn’t want to get into the line again, and wasn’t into it, so he plopped down on the couch to watch Lady & the Tramp. When we saw the wait time, and then went back and fourth between going or not, it was then decided: we were going back out to watch the parade. We had met all the princesses already, and the only Prince I was interested was Flynn (along with everyone else who was in the line) so we left the line. Out in the lobby area, we saw that Tyler was gone! After waiting a while to make sure he hadn’t just gone to the bathroom, we exited the hall, and staked a spot for the parade, close enough that he could find us if he appeared out of nowhere.

He ended up never turning up, he went to ride Space Mountain over and over again, and just do some rides for the rest of the night.

Headless Horseman!! Awesome (and yes, this was on the other side of Main Street where we had originally sat down, then went to Town Hall, then found another spot!)

Here’s a video of the parade for anyone interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg4WL...eature=related

Peter Pan! We lucked out that we had a spot right up by the rope, and there was pretty much no one around us! Amy had moved over to right in front of Town Hall to get more head on photos for the parade. Peter of course, saw me, and came RIGHT UP! With some interaction, and then made sure that we could grab a picture together before he went running off, it was amazing! Wendy yelled at me “Tink! You always pull my hair!” To which I had to say “I’m sorry!!”

…..continued in next update…

As for a real life update, I have emailed about my photopass cd, and they said that they would be re-shipping it for me. I'm hoping that it gets here SUUUPER fast, so that I can actually get some of them IN the TR. So, I apologise that the updates will be coming rather slow for that reason!

Old 10-31-2011, 04:01 PM   #97
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

You guys sure know how to make the best of the MNSSHP!!
Old 10-31-2011, 09:16 PM   #98
Merida
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post

Will you be at the christmas party on the 16th?

We're really only going to be in the parks that day, doing all 4, then MVMCP, the 15th will be our audition day, and we have breakfast at 1900 park fare on the 17th.

And I've emailed about my cd now, so here's hoping it turns up soon!!
Yes we will! I was thinking about it and we'll be there from 8AM till midnight (early Crystal Palace ADR). Possibly a bit excessive but I'm thinking no. 4 parks/1 day sounds like a ton of fun; the most I've attempted is two.

The Headless Horseman is really cool and I didn't realize the Pooh characters had Halloween costumes! It's so cute (especially Piglet).
Old 11-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #99
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
You guys sure know how to make the best of the MNSSHP!!
Haha! We do what we can! I definitely wanted to spend the time doing the Halloween stuff, as we only had one night to do all of it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Yes we will! I was thinking about it and we'll be there from 8AM till midnight (early Crystal Palace ADR). Possibly a bit excessive but I'm thinking no. 4 parks/1 day sounds like a ton of fun; the most I've attempted is two.

The Headless Horseman is really cool and I didn't realize the Pooh characters had Halloween costumes! It's so cute (especially Piglet).
It'll be an intense day, that's for sure, but we'll be able to handle it! Perhaps we'll see you at the party that night!!

Old 11-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #100
katt789
DIS Veteran

Boo To You! Part 2!

Wow, so I am SOOO glad that we decided to stay and watch the parade, I think I would’ve regretted it if we had just been stuck in line for some princesses we had already met. I would say it’s definitely a don’t miss, especially if you can stay for the second one! AND if you plan on sitting on main street, there was practically no one around us, soooo many characters/performers came right up to us, or were able to stop for photos or something. An amazing experience overall, I LOVED it!!

Old 11-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #101
katt789
DIS Veteran

Exciting News

Alright, so I've got some AMAZING NEWSSSSSSS!!!

I've got my photopass!!!! I decided that I'd just check the mail just in case, even though it would probably just have been sent off, but IT WAS THERE SOOOO EXCITED!! There were enough pics that there are TWO, read it, TWO, discs!! Do I know how to get my money's worth, or what?!?!?!

Now, onto a little bit of real life:

1.) My mom almost called me on the surprise trip! When I had first gotten back from the May trip, I asked her to come with me in Sept 2011, but she said she was going on a cruise, so I proposed Sept 2012, which she said maybe. Well, she remembered this when I proposed the "Mountains" trip for Sept, and said "So no Disney then?" I of course managed to tell her that I didn't have the money for it.

2.) It appears that I might be taking a break from Disney trips I was planning on attempting to go to DisneyLAND in May, but most all of my friends want to go to the WORLD. I may take a solo trip down, who knows?! If I can get that much money. Otherwise, it looks like I might be going to Vegas in the Spring, and then Vegas/Miami for a friends 21 birthday celebration later in the year. (Sidenote: did you know, for everything, for 4 people to go to Vegas for a week, it costs the same as 1 person going to DW for a week...)

3.) Just to throw some pictures in here, Sylvia(the Dec trip companion) and I went to Cora's for breakfast the other day, DELCIOUS. She did ask me at one point "you're seriously taking photos of food?!" Yup...she has no idea what's coming .

Cora's is a breakfast chain in Canada, coming from the Eastern edge of the country, and it is AMAZING, they have SO MUCH fresh fruit, and it's always amazing, even in the dead of winter. If you ever hear of one near you, GO, it's delicious.

So, moral of the story: stay tuned for a photopass catch up, and then I will be posting the rest of the photopass in with the next updates, hopefully this doesn't delay the TR too much!!

Old 11-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #102
katt789
DIS Veteran

MK DAY 1: Photopass Catchup!

Yay!! So the photopass has finally arrived this morning, so I'm going to catch up on at least part of Day 1's photos now!

Sorry they're all so giant, I just want to get on with the trip report, and really don't have time to resize the ones on the days I've already done...don't care that much haha

After we had stopped on the way in for some castle pics, we quickly zipped through Frontierland, as you may remember, and then swooped through Adventureland for some character meets, where the photopass got some of the best pictures EVER! (All of them, if you remember) Also, this was the awesome Ariel, just such an amazing pair of characters here!

You can see the happiness on my face!! Eeee, so excited!!

The "swooning" picture that Ariel suggested! Next up; we meet some fairies (and Katt makes a ridiculous face...surprise....) You can just tell in these pics that I'm nowhere near as impressed with them as I had been with Ariel...

After that, we had been heading over to Tomorrowland, but not before some more castle pics!!

AAAANNNDD...that's where I am going to have to leave you for now!! I have to get some time to hit the gym before lunch with a friend, hopefully I'll finish everything up from MK today, we'll see how the night goes!!

Old 11-03-2011, 12:04 AM   #103
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

We saw the exact same Arial, Eric, and Rosetta as you guys did, and I thought they were all amazing! My DD was over the moon for Eric (stay tuned for Day 5 of my TR for the details )

Great pictures. I love the one of all the boys posing gallantly and all the girls swooning. Too cute.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:02 AM   #104
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
We saw the exact same Arial, Eric, and Rosetta as you guys did, and I thought they were all amazing! My DD was over the moon for Eric (stay tuned for Day 5 of my TR for the details )

Great pictures. I love the one of all the boys posing gallantly and all the girls swooning. Too cute.
Ah that's so awesome!! I loved that Rosetta, Tyler definitely swooned over her as soon as he heard her accent! I looooove Ariel, so no matter what she's like, I'll love her, the best one I've met was at Akershus in May, she just LOOKED so much the part,

Old 11-03-2011, 02:03 AM   #105
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post

Ah that's so awesome!! I loved that Rosetta, Tyler definitely swooned over her as soon as he heard her accent! I looooove Ariel, so no matter what she's like, I'll love her, the best one I've met was at Akershus in May, she just LOOKED so much the part:

This Ariel was just as great! And I'm so over the moon for Eric, no matter what. This one, yeah, he's cute, but simply because he's my prince of choice: Ahaha, they were awesome!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: