Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2011, 12:44 AM   #76
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Awesome updates! How awesome to have a dance party with woody and jessie, and bullseye was there? Amazing!

So looking forward to hearing more about your surprise trip for your mom. That's really cool that you're doing that for her.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:39 AM   #77
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Awesome updates! How awesome to have a dance party with woody and jessie, and bullseye was there? Amazing!

So looking forward to hearing more about your surprise trip for your mom. That's really cool that you're doing that for her.
Thanks! And heck yes! The dance party was awesome, even at the more crowded one the characters did their best to give everyone some dancing time! It was great!!

And so am I!! I've tweaked the surprise a little bit, I think I'll tell her on her actual birthday (the 2nd) that something came up and we unfortunately can't go to the mtns anymore...cause we're going to DISNEY haha then she'll have just over a week to learn as much as she can!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2011, 09:55 PM   #78
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Now I have to go back and read to get caught up!
July 2013 AEP Contemporary
June 2013 Pop
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop-W&D half marathon
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
Old 10-20-2011, 02:29 AM   #79
DisneylandDenizen
Earning My Ears

All of you had some really great costumes - I never realized Bullseye was so big!
Old 10-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #80
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
Joining in! Now I have to go back and read to get caught up!
Yay!! I hope you enjoy!!

Old 10-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #81
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneylandDenizen View Post
All of you had some really great costumes - I never realized Bullseye was so big!
Thank you!! I'm glad you like them! And I know, for a toy horse, he's huge!!

Old 10-21-2011, 02:06 PM   #82
katt789
DIS Veteran

Give A Scream It's Halloween

Our group had just gotten back to the Hub of Magic Kingdom to catch number one view of the Villain Shows!!

We situated ourselves over on the left hand side of the hub, preparing to make it over to Gaston & The Tremaines afterwards if there was some time, and got our cameras out and ready to grab as many pictures as possible!

Nick, obviously, was in heaven! As were us all, this show is a MUST SEE (obviously) if you’re at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. The show was AMAZING!!!!!!! HOOOOOLLLEEEEYYYY!! I (again, being a dancer) had been watching all the other shows/parades and stuff, and hadn’t really found one that even had what I would call “dance” in it. I later found out that the Castle Show, Beauty & the Beast, and the Bird Dancers in FOTLK are all equity dancers, and the parade people are “movers/performers” which makes sense, you can’t have super complicated stuff going on while you’re moving on concrete, and doing it for that long. But wow, this was some of the best performing & dancing I had seen yet this week!!

Here’s a video of the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnQ4FCHxegg

(not mine, found on youtube)

Now, here’s where things kinda get jumbled up (I had originally just clumped all the pics together, and then looking at my trip journal, realized how out of order they all were) We actually only met Facilier after the first villains show, then we did some wandering, and caught another villains show to meet Cruella & Captain Hook. However, thanks to things being all over the place, I’m grouping all of the photo’s together. Once the show ended, Nick knew he HAD to get Facilier, and luckily, we were on his side of the stage for this meet & greet. Once again, those pics are on the photopass, so they’ll be in soon!!

Amy jumped in line for Captain Hook, as she couldn’t pass up that opportunity! She had a minor panic moment during her meet & greet as her camera was buried in her bag, and she couldn’t find it, while all the rest of us were over in Cruella’s line!! Luckily, she found it just in time!

Now, Cruella, wow, she was AWESOME, just so, awesome! Let me tell you, they hire some GREAT people at Disney World. When Tyler went up, she asked him what he was supposed to be to which Tyler said “A crappy Jedi” Cruella of course wasn’t impressed, saying that if he was going to be a Jedi, he better be a legit one!

The villains don’t stay out long after the show, as they have to get a break before doing the next show, so if you want to meet more than one, you’ll definitely have to catch more than one show, and you might want to split your party up in order to get who you want!

All in all: great experience!!

Old 10-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #83
mamamary
DIS Veteran

Just found your trip report and am really enjoying it

me dh ds (17) dd (15) and Baxter (my 8 year old lab - rescued from a shelter)

Old 10-23-2011, 05:06 PM   #84
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamary View Post
Just found your trip report and am really enjoying it
Yay! I'm glad you're enjoying & along for the trip!

Old 10-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #85
katt789
DIS Veteran

Uh....your mom..

What was next on our list?! I bet you can guess…go ahead…guess now…if you thought “Character hunting?!” YOU GUESSED RIGHT!! It seemed to be a theme on this trip, and I was A-OKAY with it! Characters make Walt Disney World what it us, and add so much more magic to your trip! Even at our age, you’re meeting the real thing, that’s Mickey Mouse! And don’t tell me otherwise!! (ok… I’m not *that* dense). Knowing that there would be some Wonderland characters out, we headed over to the Tea Cups first, and saw the Hatter!! I’d seen some videos on youtube, and this guy is just GREAT, he’s hilarious, let me tell you, to be THAT quick on your feet (...improvisation feet….) is incredible, I applaud him! (I’m also going to throw in my favorite video of the Hatter here, it’s in Disneyland, and for the BRIEFEST second, you can see him crack, and he manages to crack Peter as well, you may have to watch it a few times to catch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82AFlJpjouk&NR=1 )

He was super talkative, and super schticky, he clearly didn’t like the boys, as he told Amy & I to get rid of them! And then he made Nick turn around for the photo, so the camera couldn’t see his face! Hilarity at its best! Instead of saying cheese, he also says “TEA!” Quite the funny guy!

He finally let Nick get in there for at least one pic! Just as we were saying our good byes, and about to leave, who comes bounding up but ALICE! REALLY?!! The 4 of us kind of had an “aww man!” moment, to which the Hatter said we could just get back in the line (there was probably only about 3 groups that would be ahead of us) Naturally, we did!

The Hatter of course, told Amy & I to at least try to get rid of the boys at some point, especially after:
Nick: “Why are you so happy?”

MH: “Sorry?”

Nick: “Well..you’re the *mad* hatter”

MH (along with me..and probably everyone else) *facepalm* Mad means crazy…like…whoo hooo!

Yup…not too bright…no wonder Mad Hatter thought we ought to ditch them!! We said good bye (for real this time) to Hatter & Alice and moved around the park, back towards Liberty Square. Nick & I had *loved* our interaction with Tiana & Naveen last trip (they had commented on the fact that Canada had just had an election, and asked how we felt about the new Prime Minister, and then we talked Canadian politics for a bit. I’m by far sure that their best friends were Canadian!) so we wanted to jot around there and see if we could meet them. (Plus, last time we checked, Tiana was too busy at her restaurant, and it had just been Naveen!) They were out when we got there, and we jumped right in line, I don’t think it was too long of a wait at all. In front of us in line was a group dressed up like the Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland characters, and one of both of them said that they were scared of frogs, or didn’t like frogs, so Tiana & Naveen came to hide behind us!

I hadn’t really been paying attention to what was going on, I just suddenly noticed Naveen was right behind me, and then clued in! Once the Alice gang was gone, we moved into the veranda, and started chatting with the two of them, and playing around.

I think one of the main reasons I love these guys so much is that they’re so out going! Another reason I lean more towards characters like them, Tink, Ariel & Rapunzel, they’ve got some spunk to their personalities. I find the regular Princesses to just be kind of bland…I dunno. These guys though, are amazing, never turn down an opportunity to meet them.

Since we were basically back at the hub, and I had a long lost love to meet, we headed back that way! Just a little intro on this matter: Gaston..wow…I don’t know what it is…but he’s definitely one of my Disney crushes (everyone’s got them..admit it) I remember once while watching Beauty & the Beast as a child that my mother even commented that I wouldn’t be Belle, I’d be one of the blonde girls that swoons over Gaston the entire movie & sees him as absolutely perfect even though he’s a complete narcissistic ****! Well, he’s dreamy…let’s leave it at that. Nick also was really excited to meet him, we had talked last year after the B&B show that we WISHED he was around, even to just grab a picture. Then when the disboards pulled up a rumour about Gaston being out at MNSSHP, I died a little inside of happiness. Obviously, he was our next meet & greet. Ahead of us in line was a young woman dressed up as blue-dressed Belle, and they started a little schtick of the “We’ll have 6 or 7!” “Dogs?” “No! Strapping young boys, like me!” To which we were talking along with. Next up, it was our turn!

Yup, that’s one good looking villain, agreeing with us, were Anastasia & Drizella, who were walking back for a break from their greets, and they swarmed him!

Hilarious! I love how perfect these guys are, it really shows how much they know about their roles & how much effort and thought they put in. Lady Tremaine managed to usher her daughters away, but not before Nick grabbed a picture of her (he did feel bad for flashing her so up close, but he wanted the picture!)

They were back before we knew it, so we jumped across over into their line, and I instantly thought about how often they accept proposals, Nick didn’t want to do it, (this is the point where I’m grouping together all the meet & greets, even though this happened later in the night, when Tyler was gone) so Amy, as she was a “boy” for Halloween, jumped in and we fashioned a ring out of a ripped piece of paper from my autograph book, and she proposed.

Jafar was kind of hidden, not even hidden, but on the side of the hub people weren’t paying attention to, and he had virtually no line, so of course we went over to meet him. He started laughing at how small Amy was, and how tiny her hands were compared to his!

Again, this isn’t the EXACT order that all this happened. We got Gaston before the parade, and then Tyler disappeared (he had gotten grumpy, realized it and decided to go ride rides) and then we did some more greets afterwards, but for the sake of organization, it’s we’ll pretend it happened like this!!

Old 10-23-2011, 11:12 PM   #86
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I LOVE that you guys found so many rare characters. Gaston? Wow! It seems to me that people get a little grumpy about the Halloween party. Lines are too long, didn't get to ride enough rides, etc. It's really refreshing to read your positive reviews of the experience.

Keep up the fun updates!!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:41 PM   #87
Bella Rose
Mouseketeer

I love your trip report! I have an entire year to wait until my next trip though, but I am going during the MNSSHP and now there are so many more things I want to hit up.

I did a quick edit of the photo you wanted.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:40 AM   #88
Merida
DIS Veteran

I've read your trip reports but never subscribed, so I'm definitely doing so now while I remember.

How exciting to have two trips planned! I hope your audition goes well - my boyfriend and I will be in Disney at the same time (though not auditioning - definitely not coordinated enough! )
Old 10-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #89
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Love all the character interaction, especially with the villains!
Old 10-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #90
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I LOVE that you guys found so many rare characters. Gaston? Wow! It seems to me that people get a little grumpy about the Halloween party. Lines are too long, didn't get to ride enough rides, etc. It's really refreshing to read your positive reviews of the experience.
I was SO excited for all the halloween characters that were out! As soon as I heard the Gaston rumour I was estatic! I've seen a lot of negative reviews of the parties too! But it was the highlight of the trip for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Rose View Post
I love your trip report! I have an entire year to wait until my next trip though, but I am going during the MNSSHP and now there are so many more things I want to hit up.
Thanks!! There's so much to do at MNSSHP, it's SUCH an awsome time!! And THANK YOU for the edit on the photo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
I've read your trip reports but never subscribed, so I'm definitely doing so now while I remember.

How exciting to have two trips planned! I hope your audition goes well - my boyfriend and I will be in Disney at the same time (though not auditioning - definitely not coordinated enough! )
Glad you came to say hi!! And sweet!! What dates/where are you guys going??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Love all the character interaction, especially with the villains!
Thanks!! The villians are awesome!! I find the Snow White queen to be actually scary, but the villians are always more fun to interact with I find!!

Last edited by katt789; 10-24-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: