Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #31
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Count me in!!! Really enjoying your TR..
Awesome! I'm glad you're liking it!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 09-29-2011, 12:51 PM   #32
katt789
DIS Veteran

It's Stunting Time!

We had finished battling in the stars, and were checking the times guides for the shows that we wanted to see, and knew that Lights! Motor! Action! Was next on our list, so we quickly headed over there, to see them letting the last few stragglers into the show area. With a quick bathroom break, we were heading up to the top of the bleachers to try and find a seat for the show. There was an awesome view up there!

This show's pretty cool, though I think it looses some of it's awesomeness once you've seen it, I'm sure that when there's a year or so between trips, so that you don't remember it, but thanks to only have 3 months between trips, it wasn't too too thrilling, but still good. An exciting momement, was that the child that got to remote control "drive" the car during the show, was from Nova Scotia, Canada. (A yay! For all of us, being Canadians, but specifically Tyler, who is from Nova Scotia!)

After our hero car was safe, and the bad guys defeated, we were off like rockets! yeah...right...anyone who's been in that show...knows that getting out of there is a bottleneck! Caaaraaazzzzyyy.

With one more bathroom/vending machine water stop, we made our way across the park, to the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, which had already started (we had missed the boulder rolling part), but still manage to get in & grab a seat (near the front too!) Some of this cast was different than the ones we saw last time, but I'm pretty sure most were the same.

I *think*, in terms of viewing this show multiple times, I like it better than Lights! Motor! Action! Last trip, we had JUST closed our "Tom Jones & the Temple of Doom" dinner theatre show before we left for the trip, so too much Indy was just too much. Also, the big guy, the villian, while walking backwards to the final part of the show, tripped, and nearly fell, which got me thinking, "does anything ever go wrong during a stunt show? would the audience even know?" I've seen some videos of falls & stuff during the BeautY & the Beast show, and Disneyland's Aladdin show, but could you even tell in a stunt show?

Once Indy & Marion were safe, we were off again, we had a Beauty & the Beast show to catch, and we were not going to miss it!! With a brief stop to grab ice cream, we headed in, Amy & I got to the top of the theatre, and noticed that they were in the middle of Be Our Guest...hm..it said the show was starting at 3:30, and it was 3:30 (I'm pretty sure that's what time it was by now, could be wrong). I quickly ran up and asked the cm what time it was, and she said 3:40! (or something along those lines). Turns out, Amy's watch had been running behind for the past couple of days, hence why we had missed the beginning of both stunt shows, and probably why we had waited for so long at CRT the night before. Whoops!!

We made a plan & regrouped with the boys after telling them what happened! Question for you: what would it be?! Would we get to see Beauty & the Beast, or would we come back for it later in the trip? Would we even have time to do that? Who knows!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #33
katt789
DIS Veteran

Killing Time & Having Adventures

After discovering that we had missed the beginning of Beauty & the Beast, Amy & I wanted to check out the shopping so we headed back to the entrance to work our way around the shops. While we were looking at everything, we discovered that the cm's had arranged a "flash mob" of sorts (everyone was calling it that at least) with everyone who was waiting for the parade to start, keeping them occupied.

We didn't participate, just watched, so we aren't in any of those crowds. I love the next picture, which is actually us, Nick & Tyler were walking ahead, and I managed to catch it.

We of course, stopped to catch some pictures along the way (and I stopped and bought some sunglasses, which you'll see later along in the report.

Power Rangers!! Another aspect of our childhood!! Epicness. I'll take this time to tell a little story, I'm not sure when it happened, but it was sometime during our DHS day. A cm was saying something about Phineas & Ferb, to which everyone was all "who?" and she tried to explain who they were, as if we would obviously know them. Did we? Of course not, we explained we grew up in the 90's with all the awesome cartoons, and moved on

Somewhere along the way, Nick & Tyler found a pickle in a bag, and were greatly amused..I'm not sure why though? Up next, why, more thrill rides of course!!

Nick joined in this time, as it was a little more past our last meal than this morning. Me however, yup, still waited in the gift shop.

That last one, was definitely Nick being sick after going on the ride, but laughing at the fact that Amy was taking pictures, though he didn't feel too great after riding it. Next up, why Tower of Terror, of course! I had to get my fair share of adrenaline sometime!!

On this ride, was when we encountered some people that either didn't know how to use thier ears, or didn't know how to speak English. Or a bit of both. When the cast member told them the number to stand on, they ignored it, they ignored it when he told them where to sit, and then basically no one did their seatbelts properly. When the cm got everyone to check their neighbours seatbelts, a couple of the kid's belts came right out!! Thankfully, we got everything fixed, and were off!!

Around this time, it was nearing 4:45, and all you dis-er's know what that means!! Characterpalooooozzzaaaa!! Of course, our next destination was the Animation bld, what characters would we meet? Any rare ones? Find out next time!!

Old 09-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #34
katt789
DIS Veteran

Character Palooza Fun Times

Alright, so just before I start all of this update off, I've got to jump in with a little RnR story from before. Tyler jumped in the single rider line while the rest of us were waiting in the gift shop. Well, we waited, and waited, and waited, and waited. And then overheard that the ride was stuck, and they were unloading everyone that was on it, and that they neede ladders to get some people out! (I'm not sure how true that part was, but you never know) Thankfully, Tyler wasn't stuck upside down anywhere, he was waiting for the front row, and was going to get on the next car, but was still on the loading dock. Because of the inconvience, they were handing out fast passes for later. Now...onto the present:

Where we left off, our group was just about to head over to the Animation Bld for some Character Paloooooooozzzaaaaa. It was a little before the actual time hit, but we decided it was always better to be there early rather than later. I had heard of palooza on the Disboards (of course) and we had checked it out in May, which had brought lots of Magical experiences to my co-travellers. There were many points during both trips that people were asking "how did you do this?" along with people hearing about our trip, how much we were paying, and what was involved asking how on earth we booked it, and asking tips. It's a pretty magical thing when you have access to a place like the Disboards, and other websites that just make everything so magical on a Disney trip.

We arrived at the Animation bld a little early, but Pooh & Sorcerer Mickey were out, along with Incredibles characters I believe. Pooh has a new queue set up (at least, since the last time we were there) and boy! Is it ever just adorable!! It's all themed up to the movie plot, and is just so cute. I've always loved Winnie the Pooh, so it was a highlight for me. We jumped in line & waited, while everyone did that, I ran up to the cm by Pooh's line, and asked about the rest of the characters, if it was 4:45 or not that they would come out, and here was the obvious point that this is one of those things Disney doesn't want you to know, as she replied "I wouldn't know, I'm just on Pooh." Clearly. I figured it was 4:45 ish, so we'd just stick around. Now, some pictures with our favorite bear!

He's so cute stuffed with fluffy! (Pooh bear that is...not Nick..) We all kind of just wandered, planning who we really wanted to see, and getting in their lines firsst before characters we had already met or things like that. Tyler HAD to meet the incredibles, so the boys jumped up there next, and circled around the room on their way back to us.

Nick grabbed a picture of us in line, while Tyler had both Amy & I's camera's, "double fisting" pictures, haha. One thing he had trouble with while shooting with 2 cameras at once: zooming in... He was pretty charactered out by this point, so you'll see he wasn't in too many of the pictures.

We noticed a theme in some of the spots when the 2nd group of characters came out, where Genie was, was now Jafar, where the Tweedles were, was now the Queen of Hearts, etc. However, earlier we had seen a rather rare character come out (or at least, rare to us) and dissappear from the main room, so we decided to try and find him, and we did! Max!! REALLY!!

There wasn't too much "WOW" interaction with any of the characters during this time, though at one point, the Tweedles starting dancing with Amy, and we immediately wheeled around looking for our cameras...which were with the boys..and had dissappeared...boooo. It's a great way to meet some characters and get them out of the way fast. I remember Pocahontas commented on my braid in my hair & said something like "you must be the weaver of your tribe".

There's some more to come! But you'll have to wait!!

Old 09-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #35
joedog
Earning My Ears

Super trip report! Thank you!!

We were supposed to be at WDW the same week that you were but had to postpone the trip until October. Can't wait to get there.

Thanks again for making such a excellent trip report.

Joedog
Old 10-01-2011, 12:42 AM   #36
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

We didn't hit the Animation Building during our last trip, but it looks like you guys hit the character jackpot! My DD would be so jealous!!
Old 10-01-2011, 01:41 AM   #37
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Super trip report! Thank you!!

We were supposed to be at WDW the same week that you were but had to postpone the trip until October. Can't wait to get there.
I'm so glad everyone's enjoying!! (and you lurkers! I hope you're enjoying too, come and say Hi!!)

Quote:
We didn't hit the Animation Building during our last trip, but it looks like you guys hit the character jackpot! My DD would be so jealous!!
Palooza is GREAT (and thats only half of it!) it's a pretty awesome way to get a lot of characters in not a whole lot of time!

Old 10-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #38
katt789
DIS Veteran

A Few More Characters

We had finished up our meeting with Goofy's boy Max, and after grabbing a couple of pictures of various art work around the Animation Building, we were back to the main room to see who else was out.

I just *love* Tigger's expression in this one, I find it hilarious. Next up was a friend who was practically perfect in every way! She asked us if Nick was our chimney sweep, of course he was!! She commented that he was very clean for a chimney sweep, well, he had showered before coming to see her of course! But earlier, he had been causing a ruckus up on the roof!

Minnie & Pluto were up next, and they clearly were not getting along today! While Amy & I were standing up there taking our picture, Pluto smacked Minnie in the back of the head, rather hard if I say so. I immediately backed off a bit, as did Amy, we didn't want to get blamed for something (even if it was jokingly) and then get in trouble from any cm's. We were quickly done there, and now finished with the palooza, we headed for the exit. And came across another character, hidden around the corner, with no one visiting her! Now, if any of you have met the Snow Queen before, you know that she is rather creepy, the interaction is usually limited with her & I, I just find her scary (which makes sense)

After saying good bye, we left the Palooza area of the building, and wandered through the art store. Wow, there is SO much amazing art work in there, I would absolutely love to buy some of it, but it's a little on the pricey side, plus I'd have to ship it home to get it there safely. But, wow, it's so good!!

Old 10-04-2011, 01:14 PM   #39
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I wanted to chime in and let you know that I'm enjoying your trip report. I think your friend Amy could play Tinkerbell -- her posture and camera poses look very Tink-like!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #40
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

What gorgeous art, I'm so glad we avoided that store now... I would have been in BIG trouble!

We sadly missed out on Characterpalooza...but we'll try to catch it on our next trip. Looks like you all had a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to reading more!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #41
katt789
DIS Veteran

Real Life Update!!

I just have to jump in here and do a real life update, as we've got some very exciting news overe here!!

From Dec 14-17th, we will be returning to the World!! Now, this time when I saw we, I mean myself, and Sylvia:

We work together at the theatre up here in Calgary, and I had been talking about going down to Orlando to audition for Disney for quite a while, when her and I got talking after I got home from the Sept trip, and once we found the right audition, and realized that there was a room discount for Canadians, we decided to just DO IT.

I waited around to book the trip until I got a confirmation from Sylvia, and when I went to book, I had missed the discount! But today, as I was pricing out my next Sept vacation, I saw that the discount was back! So I jumped on the phone with Disney, and whittled my package price down $60.00! Heck yes!!

So what's the plan for this trip? Well:
Dec 14th: will be our travel day. We'll arrive at Pop late in the evening, grab some food & straight to bed.

Dec 15th: Today will be the audition day, and not much else. If it ends up not taking too long, maybe we'll swing by DTD after to check things out.

Dec 16th: 4 Parks, 1 day!! Starting at Ak, DHS, Epcot, then MK for all our favorite highlights followed by Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party to finish it all off!

Dec 17th: We have a later ish breakfast with some friends at 1900 Park Fare, and then we're back on the plane to head home.

It will be a short trip, but it's for the audition, I just figure I'm not going to spend all the money & time getting to Orlando and not go into the parks. I've been trying to get to an auditon for a while now, but trying to fit one into a trip doesn't work, so I arranged a trip around an audition.

So, here's hoping!! We leave in 2 months!!

Old 10-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #42
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I wanted to chime in and let you know that I'm enjoying your trip report. I think your friend Amy could play Tinkerbell -- her posture and camera poses look very Tink-like!

Ah! I know, it's honestly something that's always on my mind of all "Oh hey, you could totally be friends with this character. I don't know if she'd ever want to work for Disney. Tink would be my pick of people to be friends with, though I know I'm pushing it for height (though the one we met was way shorter, I've def seen taller!)

Quote:
What gorgeous art, I'm so glad we avoided that store now... I would have been in BIG trouble!

Oh my goodness, if I had the money my house would be FULL of Disney art, every time I see that Ariel one I just want it more & more

Old 10-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #43
katt789
DIS Veteran

Some Last Rides & Long Waits

The day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios was on the way to wrapping up for us, which was okay. We had managed to see all the shows, and do all of the rides, minus Beauty & the Beast (which was really a shame, as it is SUCH an amazing show!!) and the Great Movie Ride, which I do really like, however, we had some other plans as we left the Animation Bld. After a quick water fountain (I generally buy 1 bottled water a day and would just fill it up over and over again) and bathroom break, we were back to Sunset Boulevard, to this particular beauty!!

For those of you who remember, Tyler had been given a fast pass earlier thanks to the ride shutting down while he was waiting for the front seat. As he was the only one with a FP, and no one else really wanted to go, he jumped in line while the other 3 of us grabbed some seats outside to wait. Nick decided now was the time to lie down, and when he did, the young girl beside him went “HEY! My family was going to sit there” and he either didn’t hear, didn’t realize she was talking to him, or didn’t care . (For those who do care, there was enough room when they all sat down!)

While we were waiting, there was another family sitting across from us (shocking, kids in Disney, I know! Haha) that the small boy, I’d say around 4 or 5, kept climbing up on the ledge beside his mom, then he’d look over at Amy & I, would make sure we were watching, then go “To infinity!!” and jump on the ledge, look back at us, and giggle. We giggled back & would wave, or say hi, and he would give a big smile while running to hid behind his mom’s legs, this continued until his family decided it was time to go. It was just the cutest thing!! Not too long after, Tyler came out from Aerosmith, with picture in hand!!

He said that the picture was so awesome, he had to get it (that, and I just now realized that he was the one on the trip without a camera, so he couldn’t have taken a redneck photo anyway...whoops) Oh well, he didn’t seem too put off by spending the money on it, so I guess we’re all good.

With our last thrills out of the way, and some rumblies in our tumblies, we headed to get some dinner, stopping first at Fairfax Fare to check out the menu. This is where things got a little confusing, I had read somewhere recently that it was covered by the dining plan, but I know that in some guide books, it says that there will be a dining plan logo beside what is covered. It appeared, by the second statement, that only snacks at Fairfax Fare were covered, though I was 99% sure that everything was, not wanting to bother arguing with anyone in the group, Tyler, Amy & I went with Catalina Eddies. I had the chicken ceaser salad, I believe Amy had the same thing, Tyler, I’ve got no clue, while Nick stayed in line at Fairfax Fare & got the chicken & rib combo.

(My salad)

Beside us, back on the main street area, the line for Fantasmic was already building! We had missed this show last time we were here, and I refused to miss it this time, although I think that for a first timer, yes, it’s a must do. Once you’ve seen it, you’ve seen it, and I would much rather do the dinner package, as to not have to wait as long. I knew the line was going to get nothing but worse, so I insisted we jump in, the show started at 8:30, and I’m pretty sure it was only 6:45, 7:00 by this time. Basically right after we jumped in line, everything starting moving forward, and let me tell you, it’s not a pretty sight!!

As we oh so slowly made it into the arena, wow, it was worse than bumper to bumper traffic on a scorching day! Gross, but, worth it, as most waits at Disney are! Once in the arena, we got pretty good seats, very center, and not too far back, I know Nick had wanted to go all the way to the front, which I maybe would have liked, but figured I’d rather watch the show from farther back & be able to take in everything. And now…the waiting begins….and just keeps going and going and going. This is the point in the trip I wish I had had one of the games I had brought! Right before leaving for Disney, I bought Disney Apples to Apples to play either in the airport, or after a day in the parks at the hotel, but we ended up never opening the cards at all. I will advise you, if you have small kids, and you’re a single parent, or you plan on staking out a spot early and not moving from that spot, make sure you have something to entertain them. During the wait, I got up once to use the bathroom, and once to grab some popcorn, but the others stayed seated most of the wait. One thing that REALLY bugged me during this wait was that there were two girls waiting beside us, obviously saving spots, I figured, “it’s probably two parents, and maybe 1 more sibling, they’ve definitely got enough room.” Was that the way it worked out? Heck. No. About 8 people sat down with them, squeezing themselves into not enough room, the woman that was beside me was pressing up against me, giving me no “personal bubble” space whatsoever, even though the group of them had enough space to breathe. When I went to the bathroom, I made sure to leave my bag to make sure I had a spot when I came back, and she was sitting on top of half of it! Rude! ANYWAY, the wait wasn’t too bad, they started doing the wave at one point. We started talking about hockey games, haha. I can imagine it could be far worse, especially when Fantasmic doesn’t run more than once a week! Our group was excited….and tired….

As you can kind of tell from the pictures, I wasn’t really around, I just kept getting up (until the giant group sat down beside us, I was afraid I’d lose my spot, luckily they sat down not long before the show began!)

Old 10-04-2011, 11:29 PM   #44
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Followed you over from my TR.

It's so true that being Canadians we are used to being out in a t-shirt in much cooler temperatures. I still LOVE the Florida heat though.

I love meeting characters, so I can't wait to read all about it.

POP is a GREAT resort, and so worth the price of staying there. and the 50s is such a nice location too.

Magic Kingdom rope drop show is so magical.

How lucky that your friend got to take a picture with Chip just strolling down Main Street AND you got FPs out of it!

I did not even see the Fairy Godmother on my last trip, would have loved to meet her.

Big Thunder Mountain doesn't really slow down much, maybe it wasn't working well that time?

I'm glad you had a great time meeting Ariel and that you had a nice conversation.

I too love that Vidia has a sort of mean streak to her. Fun!

I'm really enjoying all the pictures of you guys being super excited. It's great to see young adults letting go and having so much fun!

I'm jealous of your pics with Stitch. They're great! I love him, I want him to be swooning over me too.

I *think* Winnie and friends meet behind the Tea Cups now, but I'm not sure as I haven't actually seen them there.

Ok, gonna stop reading for tonight, and come back later this week to finish getting caught up.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:44 AM   #45
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I think that you're wanting to be a character right? Just not sure exactly what you're auditioning for. I wish you good luck though! You seem very positive and enthusiastic--very Disney to me .

Great updates, I don't have the patience to sit for 2 hours to wait for any show. We also encountered some confusion withe DDP icons. I found that as a general rule, if they have the icon next to a snack, they also do the meals.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: