Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #151
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Ahh! It's almost time for your auditions! Good luck!!

I always wonder about those performers, if they're a hired troupe or actual cast members or college program,
Rapunzel/Flynn is the one line I really, really want to stand in at the Christmas party;
Ahh!! We leave in 3 days!! I'm DYING!! Excitement & nerves!! And in terms of the big performers, (like the singers, the dancers in B & TB and tumble monkeys/bird dancers in FOTLK) they do separate auditions that are "equity" (you don't have to be part of the equity to audition, but if you get the role, you're doing that and only that (although, don't quote me on this, I could be wrong)

Our audition is for parade/show "movers" (such as the chorus in FOTLK) and face characters & character performers, SO, yeah, excited!!

And heck yes! I would brave that line at the Christmas party, but I've heard the 16th is now sold out not sure what its going to be like!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 12-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #152
debilovesmickey
Mouseketeer

Great job!

Just found your trip report today! It is excellent! Please keep us posted about your audition and enjoy the holiday decos in WDW!
My next trip is in 2012-- November... with my dance school. I am old enough to be your mom.. but just took up tap dancing and restarted ballet 5 years ago. We danced in WDW in 11/10 and are going back in 2012!
NO way am I professional... but love to do it for the exercise and fun!
Debi
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2011, 07:58 AM   #153
snowmanlover
DS was in the CP and LOVED it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post

Ahh!! We leave in 3 days!! I'm DYING!!

Sending lots of your way! What an exciting time, ENJOY!! I have been reading your trip report, just never commented! I just love your enthusiasm for Disney World! I think you will do great at the audition!! I know 3 girls that are performers/character's. Our DS was in the CP and LOVED it...great experience for him!
Old 12-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #154
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debilovesmickey View Post
Just found your trip report today! It is excellent! Please keep us posted about your audition and enjoy the holiday decos in WDW!
My next trip is in 2012-- November... with my dance school. I am old enough to be your mom.. but just took up tap dancing and restarted ballet 5 years ago. We danced in WDW in 11/10 and are going back in 2012!
NO way am I professional... but love to do it for the exercise and fun!
Debi
I will definitely keep everyone posted on here! As well as having a TR, possibly live from the world! EEK

That's awesome that you got back into dance. I took a couple of years off after graduating, but once I got back into theatre I figured I should get back to it. I love it, it really is a way of life haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanlover View Post
Sending lots of your way! What an exciting time, ENJOY!! I have been reading your trip report, just never commented! I just love your enthusiasm for Disney World! I think you will do great at the audition!! I know 3 girls that are performers/character's. Our DS was in the CP and LOVED it...great experience for him!
Yay!! Thanks!! I'm glad you jumped in to comment, I'm really hoping that the audition goes over well!!

Old 12-12-2011, 07:06 PM   #155
katt789
DIS Veteran

A Friendship Celebration

While I was wandering the park, just taking my time & people watching, I was heading over toward Crystal Palace, and ran into Nick! He and Tyler had split up as well, Tyler headed back to the hotel for a nap, so we figured Amy would bring him back with her. In the meantime, Nick had gone and already eaten, as he was too hungry to wait for the ADR, so he bailed out of dinner, which was fine by me. I mean, why pay for a buffet and not eat anything?

By 7:45, Amy had arrived, shoes changed, and ready to go, so we checked in, and downsized our reservation to only 2 people. We were, of course, eating here:

We were handed a buzzed, and meandered around the porch, and nearby area in front of the restaurant, the lights had dimmed, and we had time to watch the Electrical Parade from a distance. Then we waited some more…and watched the Magical Memories & You show. Wishes was about to start (I will now let you know, our ressie was for 8:20pm) and still our buzzer hadn’t gone off, and we were annoyed & concerned, so we walked back up to the podium, where it turned out they had physically been calling us, but our buzzer must have been broken or something. Yup. Grump.

Once the issue was sorted out, we were quickly seated inside, and close enough to the windows that we could see most of Wishes through them as they started. Our server came by quickly & grabbed a drink order, and asked if we knew how it worked. He was an older guy, who I definitely can’t remember the name of, but he was great. Amy took a picture to prove she had actually been there, and we were on our way to the buffet.

At this point, I was so hungry & distracted by everything that I completely forgot to take a picture of our plates, or the buffet, but it was good, ok. Nothing too fantastic, just a lot of homey style food, if you’re going to do Crystal Palace, I’d say do it for breakfast, the food’s amazing & you can get into the park early, which is how I like to do it!!

While we were scarfing down our food, the characters began to come around to say hi!

I had only planned on getting signatures of characters that I didn’t already have from the last trip or earlier in this trip, but I had the autograph book out on the table, and every one of them that came by would gesture to it & insist that they sign it! It was different than other experiences, where they seem to completely ignore it, even if it’s in your hand. Good times!!

Eeyore’s the 2nd fave of the Winnie the Pooh characters for me, that is, aside from Lumpy (the Heffalump!) the fact that he’s so sad, makes me sad most of the time, but he’s so adorable!!

After Piglet, we jumped back up for a second plate at the buffet, which I remembered take a picture of!! This was my healthy plate, probably the most veggies & stuff that I ate all week, it was good! Cucumber salad, broccoli, and there’s some salmon that’s hidden under there too!!

During my healthy plate, our favourite came around!! I like that Amy & I both love Tigger, he’s pretty fantastic, am I right?! He of course, snuck up on me,

And as I jumped up for a hug, we had a little chatskie

Tigger put his arms out, and began to dance, and I took it was a “oh, we’re bouncing!” which, when we started dancing, I said “Oh! I thought we were going to bounce!” Tigger stopped, doing the *sigh* movement, and then pointed up at the roof. I didn’t get it… He *face-palmed* and then moved again, indicating that if he bounced inside, he’d hit the roof. I quickly laughed at myself, and said “I’m pretty…” which is something that my boss and most of my co-workers say if you do or say something really stupid, it’s a “you’re pretty” comment. Tigger “said” it right back, and patted my head…hilarious…

He shared a little dance with Amy too!!

And then he said goodbye to us, before the head honcho came over to our table to say hi!

Here's a super cute video, definitely not us at all, but still, Pooh Bear being adorable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGdRH...eature=related

Somewhere in there, we jumped up for a dessert buffet, and I most definitely got…one of everything!!

The greatest part of it: the PUMPKIN PIE CHEESECAKE!!! Ahhh!! SO GOOOOD… food of the day! They also had more of the banana, banana bread pudding, which wasn’t nearly as good here as it was at the Bakery, lesson learnt!

With our bellies full, and a full park to explore, there were EMH to attend, and things to do! So we settled up our bill, said good-bye, and set out around Main St for a bit, I found a watch I really liked!

We then checked with a cm on how late the stores would be open, with it being EMH, we weren’t sure, but they were still open til around an hour after, or something like that. SO, we said we’d leave shopping for last, and actually hit up some rides. Our personal favourite was first, of course, so we headed over to Frontierland for a last ride on Splash.

I don’t think I could ever get sick of this ride, it’s just so awesome (minus some of the “dead” birds & stuff that really need some fixing up), the theme-ing of it, the music, the drop, ahhh, just awesome. We came out of it not too wet, and decided to head through Adventureland on the way out, I’m 99% sure that we hit up Pirates for a ride along the way over to Fantasyland. The park had been busy enough that there were still things in Fantasyland we hadn’t gotten to, and it was now or never, so we may as well. Our first pick: Snow White (which I, along with many others, wonder when our last ride on it will be!)

Old 12-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #156
katt789
DIS Veteran

A Little Bit of Extra Magic!

As I was just posting the last update, I realized that I forgot to mention that while we were shopping on Main Street, we jumped around to Le Chapeau for Amy to buy some Mickey ears, and I bought a couple pairs of Minnie headband ears! The plan was for them to be part of the surprise/present for my mom this coming Christmas, as well as something for Amy & I to wear around the park for the rest of the night!

We were currently in Fantasyland, doing the things that we must get done during our last day in the parks, having just taken (possibly our last) ride on Snow White’s Scary Adventures, we next chose Winnie the Pooh!

It’s just SUCH a great ride, such good characters, I love all of it!!

I also love that the ride takes the basic plot line of the original stories, with the blustery day, and Tigger’s entrance, and the heffalumps & woozles! (Or..as many call it, Pooh’s acid trip… )

Amy & I stopped for Mickey’s Phillharmagic one last time, checked the wait time for Dumbo, and then trekked into Tomorrowland. I said that Amy could definitely jump in line for Space Mtn, and I’d wait for her if she wanted to go, but she opted out, saying that it was ok. We were pretty tired by this point, and had finished basically everything we wanted to. We figured one spin on the Peoplemover, and then we’d check on the Laugh Floor.

We were soon to discover that we had missed the last of the Laugh Floor performances by a few hours, oh well, we weren’t counting on it, especially since it was evening EMH. Our goal was to make it to 1am, and once it was that time, we were going to head back to the hotel & get some sleeeeeep.

But of course, we definitely stopped for some more photopass pictures infront of the castle, it’s just so beautiful, especially all lit up at night. I love the view from the Rose Garden, just beautiful!!

And then some on Main Street!

Our next stop, was the Confectionary, we had some Candied Apples to get, and devour before we left the park! They weren’t covered by the dining plan snack credits, but that’s fine, we had to get rid of our American cash before leaving the country, didn’t we? Here they are;

We snagged a bench to sit on and hang out & people watch while we ate our apples, people watching is quite possibly the most amazing down in Disney World!! We finally made it to 1 am, the official closing time of the park.

Once it hit closing, we headed for a bus, which wasn’t that bad of a wait, and were back at the hotel before we knew it. I called down for a late check out the next day (somewhere around noon) and chatted with the boys a bit before bed. The next day all we had to do was check out & fly home! Booooooo!!

Old 12-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #157
katt789
DIS Veteran

Happily Ever After

It was Sept 19th, and we were slowly waking up later, and finishing up all the packing we had left to do. After one more stop at the gift shop to make sure that we hadn’t forgotten to pick up any of our purchases, we dropped our luggage off at the resort luggage area, grabbed some snacks and settled down for the wait for the Magical Express

(And yes, I am infact, reading the Unoffical Guide in that picture…) Hey, being in Disney makes me think of all the amazing things I can’t wait to share with other people, so I want to start to think about sharing it with other people!

Before we knew it, we were on the plane, and headed back home safely & un eventfully!

With that, I leave you from all of the pictures, and stories of our trip. I sure hope you enjoyed sharing our September trip with us, and hope that you’ll be sure to keep and eye out & enjoy our trip report involving the audition in 2 days, and the surprise trip with my mom next Sept. I also may have some news about a new trip this coming Spring, with some theatre people who are Disney nuts, so we’ll see how many trips we can do!!

Have a magical day!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ------------------------------------------------------------

So, over all:

Magic Kingdom faves: Splash Mtn, Ariel, food (all of it!), Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor, People Mover, Winnie the Pooh.

Animal Kingdom faves: Expedition Everest, FOTLK, seeing Thumper!!

DHS: ToT, RnR, TSMM, MUPPETS!, Beauty & the Beast.

Epcot: Grey goose slushies, Test Track, exploring.

Food Reviews:

-Cosmic Rays: 4/5
-Delicious food, I love the turkey sandwich, and the carrot cake, nothing will every compare to Disney Carrot cake
-I give it a 4/5 as it always seems to be super crowded & there isn’t enough seating for how many people there are in it.

-Cinderella’s Royal Table: 5/5
-Great service, they were very attentive, gave us all the refills without having to ask, gave us so many extra buns, and even the magic wands & pirate swords!
-Food was incredible!! And there was enough time to digest everything so you didn’t leave feeling crazy bloated
-Princesses were great, it was double checked that all of them had made it to our table before we left.
-It’s eating in the castle, nuff said!
-Only downside: not being able to see Wishes from out seats. Next time I will ask for a window seat, also, to accommodate my mother’s birthday

-Anywhere in DHS: 2/5
-I simply don’t like the counter service in this park, I don’t find any of it to be good, sure, there’s burgers & fries, but if you try for something healthy, the sandwiches are so gross, and salad just isn’t enough some times.
-Snacks, good, but meals, not so much, I can’t comment on any table service places though.

-Tusker House: 4/5
-The service is good for a buffet place, I do wish it was a tad faster, though you can’t expect too much with a morning rush like that
-The food is amazing, they have a variety, not just the regular breakfast food, but some African styled choices as well
-A great way to get into the park early, and to see the fab 5
-I wish Donald came inside the restaurant for more interaction

-UK Fish & Chip Shop: 4/5
-Very quick service, and amazing food, hoooley!! I have a thing about Fish & Chips just not tasting like good fish & chips after spending so much time in Australia, but these ones were up to par!
-Only reason I don’t give it 5/5 is because the only option for dessert was potato chips, would’ve liked a cookie, or something of that sort.

-Pecos Bills: 4/5
-Again, super crowded, and hard to find a seat
-However, taco salad was incredible!!! I looooved the fact that you can add your own toppings, so that you don’t end up with things that you don’t like.

-Main St. Bakery: 5/5
-It always seems to be super busy, but the service is incredibly fast, and food is incredible fresh & delicious
-The turkey sandwiches are to DIE for, and same with the banana bread pudding. It’s a close second to the carrot cake for me!
-Next time: I’m getting a cinnamon bun~!

-Crystal Palace dinner: 3/5
-It took a little to long to get through everything. We told the boys a time to meet us, and we hadn’t even gotten through half the characters, so we split up for the rest of the night
-Amazing character interaction
-Good service!
-Great desserts
-Dinner food wasn’t the greatest, if I do it again, I’ll be doing it for breakfast!!

-T-Rex: 5/5
-Angel (our server) was awesome, seemed super happy & actually liked his job, which is always a perk
-They have an amazing selection of drinks at T Rex, which is awesome
-Food is incredible as always, though I still want to try the chocolate volcano dessert!
-I love the ambiance, it’s quiter than Rainforest Café, and cooler, I mean, c’mon, it’s dinosaurs!

-Pop Century Food Court: 3/5
-I wish they had healthier options for breakfast meals (or even if you could combine like, oatmeal, fruit & a muffin as a meal on the dining plan…maybe you can & I just don’t know)
-All the dinners we had were good though!!
-For the amount of people that are constantly in there, it’s a pretty efficient and clean place!

Old 12-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #158
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed reading along for your TR and can't wait to hear all about your audition! Have a magical trip!
Old 12-20-2011, 01:32 PM   #159
katt789
DIS Veteran

A New Adventure!

Hey friends!! Just wanted to jump back in here and give you all the link to the newest TR:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2845528

I figure it's way easier this way than you trying to hunt through TR's to find it! Our trip was amazing! We came back with more hilarous Ariel stories, met some new characters, and I must say, there are major benefits to travelling with just girls! As for the audition, and Christmas party?! Well, you'll just have to stay tuned over there to see how it all went down.

Now would be a time that I will also announce, I've planned another trip!! A group of friends from work & I have made plans to go back in May! We worked out the prices, and with no discounts, it's around $1500.00 each! Obviously there will be a TR involved in that as well, and if any of you are headed down during May 2012 (or Sept for that matter) let me know & maybe we can arrange a dismeet!?

Hope to see you all over there!! And thanks again for reading!

Old 01-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #160
dara00
DIS Veteran

just finished reading this one, thanks for all the pics! just curious - did you guys not have cell phones to use to call each other when you got separated?

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 01-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #161
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
just finished reading this one, thanks for all the pics! just curious - did you guys not have cell phones to use to call each other when you got separated?
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed, and no, as we're all from Canada, roaming charges and text charges would be far too high if we used our own cell phones, and its just too much hassle to get a phone just for a week with an american number.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #162
dara00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed, and no, as we're all from Canada, roaming charges and text charges would be far too high if we used our own cell phones, and its just too much hassle to get a phone just for a week with an american number.
ohhh well that explains it and certainly makes things more difficult! the last time I was in disney in california, we didn't have our cell phones one of the days and I was so stressed out when I couldn't find my dh! thanks again for the reports - I'm looking forward to the update on your current one!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: