Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
CDsSleepingBeauty
Mouseketeer
 
CDsSleepingBeauty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 366

The Little Mermaid-Themed Centerpieces

Does anyone have any pictures of reception table centerpieces with a Little Mermaid theme? We're having our reception at Ariel's and I have searched through tons of pictures, but I can't seem to find anything that I really like. We've seen pictures of the fish bowls with the beta fish and floating candles, but I'm not sure that's what I want.
__________________
CDsSleepingBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:49 AM   #2
leonix8238
Oo-de-lally!
 
leonix8238's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: North East, UK
Posts: 413

What about using conch wedding horns as centerpieces? Perhaps with some sand/sparkles scattered around it?

I also found a few pics that might give you a little inspiration:











Good luck!
__________________
Our Disney Wedding November 30th 2010 - SBP/Victoria and Albert's/Wishes Fireworks

leonix8238 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-21-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
goodmorningirl
Mouseketeer
 
goodmorningirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 497

Just wanted to jump in and say that top one from Martha Stewart is gorgeous.
goodmorningirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:34 AM   #4
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran
 
MrsDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 147 miles from WDW
Posts: 5,256

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmorningirl View Post
Just wanted to jump in and say that top one from Martha Stewart is gorgeous.
+1!! Love it!
__________________
Faith
AP. DVC. FL Res.
Our Swan and Dolphin Wedding!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:54 AM   #5
librarygeek
DIS Veteran
 
librarygeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,920

We did a different fairy tale for each of our centerpieces, and here's what we had for The Little Mermaid:



I really liked that sandcastle, and then we just accented with shells. It's probably a bit simplistic but maybe it helps or gives you a few ideas!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #6
CDsSleepingBeauty
Mouseketeer
 
CDsSleepingBeauty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonix8238 View Post
What about using conch wedding horns as centerpieces? Perhaps with some sand/sparkles scattered around it?

I also found a few pics that might give you a little inspiration:











Good luck!
Thanks for the ideas!! I absolutely love the conch shell idea for our cake table! It seems like all of the different things I want for my centerpieces are going to clash, though. I'd really like to have bright-colored flower petals, starfish, seashells, floating candles, and possibly fish bowls, but I don't know how to make it all work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
We did a different fairy tale for each of our centerpieces, and here's what we had for The Little Mermaid:



I really liked that sandcastle, and then we just accented with shells. It's probably a bit simplistic but maybe it helps or gives you a few ideas!
Your centerpiece is ADORABLE! Thanks!!
__________________
CDsSleepingBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:05 PM   #7
LaurenM
Mouseketeer
 
LaurenM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Texas!
Posts: 230

I do have to say, I totally love the Martha Stewart one as well!
__________________
Married at Luau Beach 10/1/2011[/COLOR]

LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:15 PM   #8
Evi
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,127

I'm loving the Martha Stewart one also and figure it can probably be made for anyehwere from 100 each table not bad really.
Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:16 PM   #9
KStarfish82
Proud Redhead
I honestly don't know where to put it!!!
I wanted something that reminded me of waves
 
KStarfish82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 1,703

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonix8238 View Post
What about using conch wedding horns as centerpieces? Perhaps with some sand/sparkles scattered around it?

I also found a few pics that might give you a little inspiration:



Good luck!
This is the one I made (in my unfinished living room )

Here are some pictures of my wedding reception, which was also at Ariel's.













Good luck!
__________________
KStarfish82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #10
CDsSleepingBeauty
Mouseketeer
 
CDsSleepingBeauty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by KStarfish82 View Post
This is the one I made (in my unfinished living room )

Here are some pictures of my wedding reception, which was also at Ariel's.













Good luck!
Your reception decorations are GORGEOUS. I love all of the starfish and the seahorses. Thanks!!
__________________
CDsSleepingBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #11
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Alpharetta, Georgia
Posts: 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDsSleepingBeauty View Post
Does anyone have any pictures of reception table centerpieces with a Little Mermaid theme? We're having our reception at Ariel's and I have searched through tons of pictures, but I can't seem to find anything that I really like. We've seen pictures of the fish bowls with the beta fish and floating candles, but I'm not sure that's what I want.
Hi!!! I too am having an under the sea/little mermaid theme and I can't find much along those lines. I suppose you could make your own but it would be nice to find something to give some ideas. If you check out the Disney Weddings Blog and look at the Living Seas pictures you may get some better ideas. They do have a few pictures with nautical themed weddings but you have to search search search. I wish I had some pictures to show you but I can't find any.

If I come across anything I will be sure to let you know. Good luck!
CourtenayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #12
CDsSleepingBeauty
Mouseketeer
 
CDsSleepingBeauty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtenayB View Post
Hi!!! I too am having an under the sea/little mermaid theme and I can't find much along those lines. I suppose you could make your own but it would be nice to find something to give some ideas. If you check out the Disney Weddings Blog and look at the Living Seas pictures you may get some better ideas. They do have a few pictures with nautical themed weddings but you have to search search search. I wish I had some pictures to show you but I can't find any.

If I come across anything I will be sure to let you know. Good luck!
Thanks for the tip! I'm going to keep looking, and if I find any pictures, I will post them here. Good luck to you, too!!
__________________
CDsSleepingBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: