Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #121
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

Oh wow!!!!!!! that was freaking awesome!
Kate: The moment that I met you, my life became extraordinary. You taught me to be my best self, to look forward to tomorrow’s adventures. And when I was vulnerable, you were strong. I love you Richard Castle and I want to live my life in the warmth of your smile and the strength of your embrace. I promise you that I will love you, be your friend, and your partner in crime and in life. Always.

Rick: The moment we met, my life became extraordinary. You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart. You’re the last person I want to see every night when I close my eyes. I love you Katherine Beckett. And the mystery of you is the one I want to spend the rest of my life exploring. I promise to love you, to be your friend and your partner in crime and in life. Till death do us part, for the time of our lives.

Kate: This has been an epic year, Life's been full of joy & tears. Solving crimes & catching killers, Just like Castle's favorite thrillers. We share a passion every day, As partners go, we're here to stay
Missy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #122
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

I am operating on 4 hours sleep--went online after the episode, then went & watched it again, then got up early this morning to watch it again. So so good.

I'll wait until tomorrow to post thoughts to give everyone a chance to see it.
Kate: The moment that I met you, my life became extraordinary. You taught me to be my best self, to look forward to tomorrow’s adventures. And when I was vulnerable, you were strong. I love you Richard Castle and I want to live my life in the warmth of your smile and the strength of your embrace. I promise you that I will love you, be your friend, and your partner in crime and in life. Always.

Rick: The moment we met, my life became extraordinary. You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart. You’re the last person I want to see every night when I close my eyes. I love you Katherine Beckett. And the mystery of you is the one I want to spend the rest of my life exploring. I promise to love you, to be your friend and your partner in crime and in life. Till death do us part, for the time of our lives.

Kate: This has been an epic year, Life's been full of joy & tears. Solving crimes & catching killers, Just like Castle's favorite thrillers. We share a passion every day, As partners go, we're here to stay
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #123
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy1961 View Post
I won't. And I bet she's sorry she's driving you crazy!
I doubt it....

Quote:
Oh wow!!!!!!! that was freaking awesome!

Quote:
I am operating on 4 hours sleep--went online after the episode, then went & watched it again, then got up early this morning to watch it again. So so good.

I'll wait until tomorrow to post thoughts to give everyone a chance to see it.
I think you need to watch it a few more times!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
N&B'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #124
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post
I doubt it....

I think you need to watch it a few more times!
Actually, tonight is NCIS night, so I might watch Castle again or I might not. Who am I kidding? Of course I am going to watch it again! I am planning to buy it on Itunes. I'm traveling on Thursday so it'll be nice to be able to watch it on my Touch.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #125
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Did anyone else notice that she wasn't wearing the ring on the chain in the scene at the loft? She was wearing the watch, but not the ring. (I know she doesn't always wear it, but she does when she is working, and I didn't see any indication that she changed her clothes after the roof incident.)

Speaking of her clothes, does it bother anyone else that this woman owns just TOO many coats? I mean, she lives in a NY apartment with limited storage, and coats are very bulky. Yet she seems to own at least 20 of them. (They regularly recycle her suits and her blouses and her shoes, but since the second season, the coats just keep coming out of nowhere.)
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #126
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

I'm pretty sure she had the ring on her finger--that's what caused the injury to the bad guy. I'm trying to remember if they showed her putting on it on finger instead of just wearing it on the chain.

and the jacket thing is just kinda funny. I guess because I'm like that too--I have tons of jackets, that's my vice. Shoes, not so much. Not that I'm spending $475 on a trench coat, but I do own quite a few. I guess it's also an easy way to give her a different look.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #127
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm pretty sure she had the ring on her finger--that's what caused the injury to the bad guy. I'm trying to remember if they showed her putting on it on finger instead of just wearing it on the chain.

and the jacket thing is just kinda funny. I guess because I'm like that too--I have tons of jackets, that's my vice. Shoes, not so much. Not that I'm spending $475 on a trench coat, but I do own quite a few. I guess it's also an easy way to give her a different look.
No, the injury wasn't caused by the ring; it was caused by the Glock in her hand -- she pistol-whipped him because she wanted to leave a noticeable mark. (FWIW, IRL that gun is a Glock 26, and when loaded, it weighs about 24 oz. It would definitely leave a nasty cut, if it didnt' crack the bone.)

The jackets are not that strange; it's the overcoats. The woman owns far too many overcoats for normal Manhattan closet capacity.

Last edited by NotUrsula; 09-25-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #128
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotUrsula View Post
No, the injury wasn't caused by the ring; it was caused by the Glock in her hand -- she pistol-whipped him because she wanted to leave a noticeable mark. (FWIW, IRL that gun is a Glock 26, and when loaded, it weighs about 24 oz. It would definitely leave a nasty cut, if it didnt' crack the bone.)

The jackets are not that strange; it's the overcoats. The woman owns far too many overcoats for normal Manhattan closet capacity.
I thought it was her gun at first. But I read something this morning (don't ask me where, I read a lot of stuff this morning) that made me think it was her mom's ring. But that person could be wrong too. I just thought of the symbolism of using her mom's ring to scar the guy.

As to the jacket/coat thing, I use those terms interchangeably. And I really think it's just an easy way for them to give her a different look. And it's TV--what cop could afford an apartment like that? And let's be real--no novelist would be able to ride along with a cop for 4 weeks, let alone 4 years. Friend of the mayor or not, there is almost no way that would go on. But in the world of TV, cops can afford & store multiple coats, afford fancy apartments & novelists can solve crimes.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #129
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

LOL, I know; the whole premise is outlandish, and as DH likes to say when some little detail about a plot of a book or movie bothers me, "THIS is your threshhold for suspension of disbelief?" (Full disclosure: Once upon a time I worked as a costumer; that is probably why wardrobe incongruity is a special bugbear of mine.)

FWIW, I stand corrected re: the ring/chain. I re-watched the roof scene last night, and she was wearing a turtleneck, so she did change after that, and presumably put the ring away. However, I'm still bugged on the costume details because as we all know, the blouse she was wearing when she came in from the rain famously had at least one button in front, but the one that she was wearing in the morning getaway scene did not. (Granted, perhaps it was on backward, which could explain that.)

She did hit him with the Glock. Marlowe used the phrase "pistol-whipped" in an interview about the new season that was published yesterday on the EW site.

PS: You're right about the apartment cost, but there may be an explanation for that (aside from the need to be able to fit camera equipment inside the set, LOL.) Throughout the series, hints have been dropped that her mother had family money, and as she is an only child, she could have inherited some of it. Probably not an enormous amount, but perhaps enough to explain a fairly nice apartment, at least one purchased at the height of the real estate bust. According to the set designer, the apartment set is 1200 sqft, which in that part of TriBeCa is a bit small, most of the conversions around there are larger.

Last edited by NotUrsula; 09-26-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #130
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

yeah, I watched it again this morning--and she did hit him with her gun. I didn't see the Marlowe interview, and tried to find it on the EW site. If you remember where you saw it, I'd love to read it.

As to the ring, I'm not sure if she had it on when she got to Rick's the night before--it is possible she went home first, then walked in the rain, went to the swings, then to Rick's. I may have to go back & watch "Always" again. How I suffer for this! She may have taken it off because she was walking away from her mother's case. In that scene with the turtleneck, she had it in her hand--you see it before she gets her gun. I don't know if she put it on or left it behind. I'd bet she put it on.

I noticed the same thing with the black shirt, but I thought we were too far away to see the buttons, but your explaination works too. After all, she did forget to put on her bra! (but it was under the bed after Rick pushed it there with his foot.)

Last edited by Missy1961; 09-26-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #131
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

I figure by now most everyone who wants to see it has seen it. If you haven't seen it & you don't want to be spoiled, stop reading now.

OK. I think it's obvious that I loved the episode! Nothing seemed off to me, the whole episode was great!

I loved (in no particular order):
the opening scene between Rick & Kate. Yes, I've seen that first 1:44 a million times, but it still worked for me. And then seeing the rest--Rick making Kate hide in the closet, her throwing the pillow, his conversation with his mom & Alexis, Kate's walk of shame--all priceless. So funny.

the scene at Kate's apartment, when she tried to get him to hide, and his "but I'm wearing pants" was great too. Also loved his "normal" conversation with Ryan.

the hug between Kate & Rick when she's afraid she'll never be safe & he offers to take her "someplace safe". Just loved the fact that she was willing to be open to getting comfort from him. We knew he could give it, but it was great to see Kate want to get it from him.

the scene between Kate & the senator. Wow! Stana Katic was amazing. The dialogue was fantastic, especially when she tells him how his actions lead to her mom "bleeding to death alone in an alley on a pile of garbarge" Wow, took my breath away and had me in tears.

also loved the scene between Rick & Kate after Maddox zip tied them. The whole "if we end up murdered I'm going to feel so ripped off" "me too" "at least we had last night" & "we should have done that 4 years ago" & Espo saying "did what 4 years ago?" I giggled. Pure Castle at it's best.

the last scene between Rick & Kate in the elevator! Classic.

Few other interesting tidbits/thoughts:
Did you notice the cop that let Kate pass the security line? That was the cop who was acting as a super hero in the 2nd episode from last season, Hastings. Her dad was killed, and she's a muse for a comic book writer. Interesting.

I was surprised that it was Rick who wants to keep their relationship a secret. I guess he was afraid what his mom & daughter would say. I knew they would try to keep it secret from Gates. She's never liked Castle, plus since they're "partners" they probably wouldn't be allowed to work together.

I was also surprised that Maddox was the first one to get killed. I thought it would be Smith.

Who do you think will figure out that they're a couple first? I'm betting on Espo.

I think that somehow, we're going to see that senator again. Maybe not for a while, but I just have a feeling that story won't totally die.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #132
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

Missy, I agree with everything you just wrote!!

Sent from my Incredible using DISBoards

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
MickeysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #133
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

My DH's best friend is a camera man on this show.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #134
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeysMommy View Post
Missy, I agree with everything you just wrote!!

Sent from my Incredible using DISBoards
I thought you might.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:50 PM   #135
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Who do you think will figure out that they're a couple first? I'm betting on Espo.
Martha.

(FWIW, I think that the guys have been assuming that they are lovers for ages now, they just have not been able to prove it.)

I think that Castle's reasons for discretion have more to do with wanting that little thrill of the secret rather than any other reason. He loves her and his mother already knows that; so when he starts not coming home over night on a regular basis she will know right away. (Mind you, NOT having his mother embarass Kate about it is probably one of his reasons as well; Martha doesn't have much of a filter, and he doesn't want to scare Kate off before she fully adapts to the new situation.)

THE big question of the season, I think, is when will she break down and actually say the L Word? I don't think it is any accident that she has not done so on camera. (Apparently she DID tell Rick about the resignation off-camera; otherwise I don't know how he would have known about it by that morning, since he had not checked his messages all night.) The other big question of the season is what exactly Kate is doing that is putting those really goofy grins on his face every time they allude to their intimate moments -- there have been comic hints for a LONG time now that she is rather adventurous in that regard, and I'm waiting for some sort of running gag about Castle not being able to keep up with her.

Also, speaking of not checking his messages, the situation with hiding Kate meant that his not answering Alexis' distress call was glossed over. I don't doubt that that will come back to haunt him sometime soon, because Alexis is definitely used to being at the top of his priority list.

PS: IMO, the most pivotal moment in this series wasn't in either of the two big ones that most people mention: Knockout or Always. I think it was the point in Sucker Punch when she chose to shoot to kill Coonan. She was shooting him at essentially point-blank range; she could have easily chosen to shoot to disable rather than to kill, but she chose to kill him, even though she regretted the ramifications moments later and desperately attempted CPR. At the moment that she pulled the trigger, whether she realized it or not at the time, she chose Castle over her need for revenge.

Last edited by NotUrsula; 09-28-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: