Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #76
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberbride03 View Post
New to the thread and I have a question fopr y'all.

DH bought some Richard Castle books on our last trip to the beach and we are liking them. We've never watched the show but maybe come fall we'll turn it on.

Are the books based on the show? Or is it the other way around?

Always happy to have a new series to like and a cop series at that. Nikki Heat isn't Eve Dallas but I am liking this girl.
The books are written by Rick Castle and his research for the books is his time spent with the detective Kate Beckett. Technically the books are based on the show but loosely.

Pikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #77
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

Yeah, the books are very very loosely based on the show. It's almost as if Rick Castle is a real person writing these books. If you've never watched the show, you can read the books & not get confused. If you watch the show, you can catch the little bits that are part of the show. For instance, Kate had a boyfriend named Demming & Rick didn't like him--so he became Schlemming, a cop they made fun of.
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Castle: She's proud of you. Wherever she is, she's proud.
Missy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #78
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

Like the books and totally imagine the characters in the book as Castle, Beckett, etc.

Sent from my Incredible using DISBoards

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
MickeysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #79
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeysMommy View Post
Like the books and totally imagine the characters in the book as Castle, Beckett, etc.

Sent from my Incredible using DISBoards
Have you read Heat Rises? (the 3rd one) Interesting take--I could almost imagine Rick writing that, especially the ending.
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #80
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

And I just saw the title of the first episode of Season 5- "After the Storm". No link yet, just something I read on Facebook. When I get an official link, I'll share it. And I believe the first episode will air on Sept. 24th.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #81
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

All 4 years of the relationship:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUDXM...ature=youtu.be

Old 07-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #82
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

I'll have to try the books again. I bought the first one for my Nook and couldn't get through the poor writing style.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #83
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmurfs View Post
I'll have to try the books again. I bought the first one for my Nook and couldn't get through the poor writing style.
I have found that they get better as I go along. They aren't the best books ever, but they're not bad. I found the first one was the worst, the 2nd was better and the 3rd is really interesting, especially if you're a fan of the show.

Last edited by Missy1961; 07-24-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #84
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Sorry, couldn't post a link.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #85
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Set those DVRs! Season 5 starts Sept. 24:

http://tvline.com/2012/07/26/fall-tv...remiere-dates/

Old 07-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #86
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

more casting news:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Castle-C...g-1050608.aspx

Old 07-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #87
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

great stuff here:

http://tvline.com/2012/07/29/castle-...ions-answered/

Old 08-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #88
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Castle spoilers on page 2:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/08/03/cr...wolf-spoilers/

Old 08-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #89
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

spoiler about Castle's dad:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buz...s-1051968.aspx

Old 08-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #90
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

a funny spoiler:

http://tvline.com/2012/08/21/ask-aus...girl-and-more/

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: