Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #31
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

I actually really dislike the "Sir" business.

1. I dislike the idea that the only authoritative norm must and can only be masculine. Pick the gender-neutral, "Captain" as your honorific instead.

2. If you want to beat your subordinates over the head with the fact that they shouldn't see you as a woman, why wear long flowing hair, tons of makeup and brightly colored skirt suits? Mixed messages.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #32
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

Ready for episode #2? Looks like they are going back to what they do best: a full of banter episode.
Kate: The moment that I met you, my life became extraordinary. You taught me to be my best self, to look forward to tomorrow’s adventures. And when I was vulnerable, you were strong. I love you Richard Castle and I want to live my life in the warmth of your smile and the strength of your embrace. I promise you that I will love you, be your friend, and your partner in crime and in life. Always.

Rick: The moment we met, my life became extraordinary. You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart. You’re the last person I want to see every night when I close my eyes. I love you Katherine Beckett. And the mystery of you is the one I want to spend the rest of my life exploring. I promise to love you, to be your friend and your partner in crime and in life. Till death do us part, for the time of our lives.

Kate: This has been an epic year, Life's been full of joy & tears. Solving crimes & catching killers, Just like Castle's favorite thrillers. We share a passion every day, As partners go, we're here to stay
Missy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #33
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Good episode last night.
Kate: The moment that I met you, my life became extraordinary. You taught me to be my best self, to look forward to tomorrow’s adventures. And when I was vulnerable, you were strong. I love you Richard Castle and I want to live my life in the warmth of your smile and the strength of your embrace. I promise you that I will love you, be your friend, and your partner in crime and in life. Always.

Rick: The moment we met, my life became extraordinary. You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart. You’re the last person I want to see every night when I close my eyes. I love you Katherine Beckett. And the mystery of you is the one I want to spend the rest of my life exploring. I promise to love you, to be your friend and your partner in crime and in life. Till death do us part, for the time of our lives.

Kate: This has been an epic year, Life's been full of joy & tears. Solving crimes & catching killers, Just like Castle's favorite thrillers. We share a passion every day, As partners go, we're here to stay
Old 11-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #34
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

I love this show.

I think I like Kate's new hairdo too!
Old 11-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #35
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapppyd View Post
I love this show.

I think I like Kate's new hairdo too!
Me too, on both counts.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #36
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

FINALLY!!!!!!!

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #37
jen0610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmurfs View Post
FINALLY!!!!!!!
That was a great episode!!!

Can't wait for next fall to see what they do with the story line.
jen0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #38
Coconut36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen0610 View Post
That was a great episode!!!

Can't wait for next fall to see what they do with the story line.
I agree.
Coconut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #39
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Wow, I forgot about this thread. Feeling a bit different than I did last year! The scene between Rick and Kate at the end...great stuff.

Now as to next year, do you guys think her resignation is permanent? And what about the mysterious Mr. Smith--do you think he could be Rick's dad?

Old 05-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #40
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

So am I the only one who's watched that scene more than once?

Old 05-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #41
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy1961 View Post
Wow, I forgot about this thread. Feeling a bit different than I did last year! The scene between Rick and Kate at the end...great stuff.

Now as to next year, do you guys think her resignation is permanent? And what about the mysterious Mr. Smith--do you think he could be Rick's dad?
I'm wondering if they'll leave the precinct and go private investigations? Funded by Castle?

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:14 AM   #42
Coconut36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtototoo View Post
I actually really dislike the "Sir" business.

1. I dislike the idea that the only authoritative norm must and can only be masculine. Pick the gender-neutral, "Captain" as your honorific instead.

2. If you want to beat your subordinates over the head with the fact that they shouldn't see you as a woman, why wear long flowing hair, tons of makeup and brightly colored skirt suits? Mixed messages.
Makes me think of the J.D. Robb books. Eve Dallas insists on being called "Sir" as well. I don't feel strongly about it one way or the other..I guess I am a bit used to it from reading the books and figured one of the writers must read them too
Coconut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #43
jen0610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy1961 View Post
So am I the only one who's watched that scene more than once?
Nope.

I have a new love for On Demand. I have watched it 4 times already and I am sure I will watch again.
jen0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #44
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

I don't think her resignation will stand. The whole show is around the precinct more or less. Who the heck is the bad guy though??? Nathan Fillian is so cute!

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
MickeysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #45
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen0610 View Post
Nope.

I have a new love for On Demand. I have watched it 4 times already and I am sure I will watch again.
Oh yeah. and Itunes. I bought it Tuesday, downloaded it to my Touch, and have watched it every day since. It gets better every time!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: