Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #346
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

Quote:
Originally Posted by design_mom View Post
I didn't start watching Castle till a couple of seasons ago. Last week, we checked Season 1 out of the library to catch up on what we missed. We finished watching the last episode of Season 1 right before the current episode came on.

It was fun to see some things that they called back. For instance, in Season One, Castle described Meredith as a "deep fried twinkie" (enjoyable once or twice a year for the novelty of it all, but more than that makes you sick) and Lanie referred to Meredith as "his deep fried twinkie" in the latest episode. I believe Kate called Castle "kitten" in one of the Season One episodes, and he made her promise never to do it again... but she called him Kitten in the most recent episode, too.
Yeah, that was from the first appearance (and until last week, only) of Meredith in "Always Buy Retail". Meredith calls him "kitten" thru the episode & Kate does it to tease him. At the end, after Rick has saved her life he tells her she owes him and tells her to "never ever call me Kitten again". So that's what made the Kitten reference so very funny last week.
Kate: The moment that I met you, my life became extraordinary. You taught me to be my best self, to look forward to tomorrow’s adventures. And when I was vulnerable, you were strong. I love you Richard Castle and I want to live my life in the warmth of your smile and the strength of your embrace. I promise you that I will love you, be your friend, and your partner in crime and in life. Always.

Rick: The moment we met, my life became extraordinary. You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart. You’re the last person I want to see every night when I close my eyes. I love you Katherine Beckett. And the mystery of you is the one I want to spend the rest of my life exploring. I promise to love you, to be your friend and your partner in crime and in life. Till death do us part, for the time of our lives.

Kate: This has been an epic year, Life's been full of joy & tears. Solving crimes & catching killers, Just like Castle's favorite thrillers. We share a passion every day, As partners go, we're here to stay
Missy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #347
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy1961 View Post
Yeah, that was from the first appearance (and until last week, only) of Meredith in "Always Buy Retail". Meredith calls him "kitten" thru the episode & Kate does it to tease him. At the end, after Rick has saved her life he tells her she owes him and tells her to "never ever call me Kitten again". So that's what made the Kitten reference so very funny last week.
Not to mention that the scene in Always Buy Retail where he tells her not to call him that was probably one of the sexiest moments in the show to date, albeit very funny as well. Kate was breathing rather hard in that moment. (Same goes for the opening scene in Cops and Robbers when he called her from the bank and whispered "Tell me you need me.")

For my money, those double-entendres are some of the best moments in the show, and I want more of them; the dialogue has been getting a bit less snappy this season, and that is disappointing.
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #348
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

cute sneak peek for tonight:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/14/ca...clusive-video/
Kate: The moment that I met you, my life became extraordinary. You taught me to be my best self, to look forward to tomorrow’s adventures. And when I was vulnerable, you were strong. I love you Richard Castle and I want to live my life in the warmth of your smile and the strength of your embrace. I promise you that I will love you, be your friend, and your partner in crime and in life. Always.

Rick: The moment we met, my life became extraordinary. You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart. You’re the last person I want to see every night when I close my eyes. I love you Katherine Beckett. And the mystery of you is the one I want to spend the rest of my life exploring. I promise to love you, to be your friend and your partner in crime and in life. Till death do us part, for the time of our lives.

Kate: This has been an epic year, Life's been full of joy & tears. Solving crimes & catching killers, Just like Castle's favorite thrillers. We share a passion every day, As partners go, we're here to stay
Old 01-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #349
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

They couldn't do it filming in LA, of course, but how great would it have been to be able to SEE Javier chase down that kid? I was LOL listening to the story of the great chase, and imagining how fun it would have been to watch it happen.

Not much Caskett subplot in this one, and that is OK with me; I watch this show primarily as an ensemble piece, and for the dialogue. (I'm a sap for great dialogue, the faster the better -- Aaron Sorkin and Paddy Chayefsky are my faves.) I like the love story, of course, but I don't want the show to turn into a one-note and focus too much on Castle and Beckett's relationship at the expense of the other characters in the show. I would even be fine with it if they skipped a new murder case once in a while and just focused on the interaction of the characters without it -- it could be fun to see what they do when they are on duty but bored stiff.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #350
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Found this sneak peek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaG_P3kwkeI

Old 01-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #351
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

sneak peek #2 - very funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtNLF...em-uploademail

Old 01-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #352
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

sneak peek #3: Javi, watch what you say!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2grOJ...em-uploademail

Old 01-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #353
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

sneak peek #4 - Castle the dad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9pqS...em-uploademail

Old 01-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #354
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

spoiler alert: plot for episode 13 - Sen. Bracken returns, as well as Dr. Burke:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/01/cas...s-release.html

Old 01-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #355
CourtasanSatine
I'm partial to the 4th seaters
Has a crush on James Marsden
I'm a Trendy in a Preppy family

Got into the show via TNT reruns so catching up as we speak.

Come and get me boys: Satine

"For Justice!" "For Kibbles!"

"Or maybe its the plumbing!"

CourtasanSatine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #356
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtasanSatine View Post
Got into the show via TNT reruns so catching up as we speak.
They're having a season 4 marathon tomorrow - ending with "Always" which was the season 4 finale at 10 PM EST. Don't know how far you've watched, but you may want to DVR them since TNT hasn't replayed these episodes very often. And "Always" was an awesome episode!

Old 01-21-2013, 08:00 AM   #357
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Interesting sneak peek included here:

http://tvline.com/2013/01/21/castle-...edium=facebook

Old 01-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #358
CourtasanSatine
I'm partial to the 4th seaters
Has a crush on James Marsden
I'm a Trendy in a Preppy family

Thanks for the marathon heads up Missy! I'm almost totally caught up now beyond some really early season 1 and season 2.

Come and get me boys: Satine

"For Justice!" "For Kibbles!"

"Or maybe its the plumbing!"

CourtasanSatine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #359
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Awww, that was a really sweet ep. (As a total Daddy's girl who lost her father at a very young age, I am SUCH a sucker for those Dad-centric storylines. >sniff<)

Also, it occurs to me that Castle's whipped-cream habit has potential for a really fun Caskett running gag -- come on, writers, step up to the plate (or the canister? ).
Old 01-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #360
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Wow--casting news!

http://tvline.com/2013/01/22/castle-...astles-father/

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: