Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 06:23 AM   #331
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

Finally! New episode tonight!!
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Castle: She's proud of you. Wherever she is, she's proud.
Missy1961 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #332
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Interesting. Nice little segue to the story arc involving Castle's father.

I suspect that Kate has heard more backstory by this time than the Twinkie ever did -- most people have a lot more story to tell by age 42 than they do at age 22. I think that the question in Kate's mind at this point probably is, have I heard the real stories, or did he make up better ones? (FWIW, I think that he did sometimes embellish 4 years ago, but by this point he trusts her enough to give her unvarnished reality -- but in small doses.)

Kate's wounds are obvious. Castle's are much less-so, but there *are* wounds there.
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #333
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

I had to share this: (if you haven't watched the episode yet, you may want to skip this until later)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDbxNVv_TNA

I only got to watch it once, still digesting it.
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #334
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

another good scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Yjjt6sVSA

Old 01-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #335
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

spoiler:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...ws=A&fbphoto=2

Old 01-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #336
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Casting news (& a bit of news about the 2 part-er):

http://tvline.com/2013/01/09/castle-...bruary-sweeps/

Old 01-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #337
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

spoilers:

http://tvline.com/2013/01/10/spoiler...edium=facebook

Old 01-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #338
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

sneak peek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJM97...em-uploademail

Old 01-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #339
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

all 3 sneak peeks:

http://www.tvovermind.com/castle/cas...-the-influence

Espo fans will love the last one!

Old 01-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #340
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotUrsula View Post
Interesting. Nice little segue to the story arc involving Castle's father.

I suspect that Kate has heard more backstory by this time than the Twinkie ever did -- most people have a lot more story to tell by age 42 than they do at age 22. I think that the question in Kate's mind at this point probably is, have I heard the real stories, or did he make up better ones? (FWIW, I think that he did sometimes embellish 4 years ago, but by this point he trusts her enough to give her unvarnished reality -- but in small doses.)

Kate's wounds are obvious. Castle's are much less-so, but there *are* wounds there.
Totally agree with you about Castle's wounds. I know he told Alexis he "can't miss what (he) never had", but I bet he still wondered about his dad. And remember his reaction to Espo when he teased him about the "Mama Mia" possibility?

And I totally agree that Kate knows more about him than Meredith--simply because she asks more questions.

Oh, and I always meant to respond about your idea that Smith isn't dead--I never thought about that until you mentioned that, but that could be true. He certainly had the means to make himself disappear. Might be an interesting wrinkle to Bracken's return.......

Old 01-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #341
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Now on to my feelings about that episode....and I must say I loved it! For a change, even the case was interesting, and there was a good little twist there too.

Loved (in no particular order):

Kate's "Please don't tell me after 4 years you don't actually know the look"

Espo's "That's like throwing gasoline on fireworks"

Espo & Ryan whistling the fall off the cliff when telling Rick what a big mistake he made with letting Meredith stay.

the "War of the Roses" couple destroying stuff

Espo & Ryan's chase after the "boyfriend"

E & R's discussion at the house in Scarsdale

Rick: My loft is being overrun by redheads

Kate: Men are clueless. Lanie: Men or just Castle?

Lanie & Kate's discussion in the morgue.

Kate: "Button up Kitten, we're going home"

Castle's conversation with his mom when Kate & Meredith are out to dinner, and especially his reaction when his mom says something about "not running a flop house" and just letting any free loader stay, and Rick responding about the irony of that comment...

Kate & Meredith punking Castle after they get back from dinner. And then the follow-up conversation between Kate & Rick in his bedroom followed by their kiss. Of course, that scene shows us why it's not worth the time to worry about lines from promos. I read a lot of the fan sites, and they were going nuts after the promo which included Kate's comment - "you're not the man I thought you were". Some of them were freaking out--instead that comment is just a joke.

Lots more that I liked but those were highlights for me..

Now, that ending scene: yep, they were laying the foundation for future Rick & his dad story. I've read different things - originally read that yes, they were going to start that this year, then I read that no they weren't, then read that they may touch on it. So who knows?

I think the look on Kate's face means she's starting to realize that Castle has been keeping a lot of his feelings inside - he is the master of deflection. But she also needs to ask Rick rather than others her questions. The honeymoon phase of their relationship may be over, it's time to start talking to each other.

And why oh why is the lighting in their kissing scenes so freaking dark?

Old 01-14-2013, 12:58 AM   #342
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

The guy in the booth (De Winter?) in that last clip bears a strong resemblance to Oz the drug dealer from Season 3's "Lucky Stiff" (better known as the guy who offered to make Beckett feel "shiny"). I wasn't able to find a guest cast list, so I'm not sure it's the same actor, but they look a lot alike. (Which really wouldn't be a stretch for a drug dealer -- cops often see the same people in that line of work over and over again.)

As to the end of Significant Others, I wasn't sure what Kate's look was supposed to mean. It could just as easily have been, "Come to think of it, there are lots of things I don't know about him" as it could have been, "Wow, I don't really have that problem; he shares his feelings about serious things with me."

Marriage and Alexis notwithstanding, Kate has been close with Castle for longer than Meredith was; They were divorced when Alexis was 3, after she left him and ran off to California, and before that she was doing regional theatre, so she was probably on the road quite often. Also, the timing mentioned in "A Rose for Ever After" gives us to understand that Meredith was a rebound romance after Kyra left him; he had just graduated college at the time, which means he was no older than 23, and 25 when he and Meredith divorced. (Castle is supposed to be 40; though Fillion is actually 42.)

What I found the most touching in that ep is how desperately afraid he is of losing Kate, and how much he is willing to show that. He let Meredith and Gina leave him without much argument, but if Kate wanted to break up he would be promising the moon if only she would change her mind. I don't think that he was really afraid that Meredith was going to reveal any real secrets, because in the reality of their relationship he was the injured party -- I'm pretty sure that what he was afraid of was that Meredith would decide to lie to Kate about something important. Meredith does have a past history of lying like a rug and being believed.

PS: The lighting is supposed to be romantic, of course. Klieg lights are not exactly conducive to romance. (Also, I think that Marlowe wants to maintain an air of intrigue around their relationship, to make us wonder what they are doing/saying when we cannot see them. It's a nice technique; giving them a virtual life outside the episodes.)

Last edited by NotUrsula; 01-14-2013 at 10:53 AM.
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #343
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotUrsula View Post
The guy in the booth (De Winter?) in that last clip bears a strong resemblance to Oz the drug dealer from Season 3's "Lucky Stiff" (better known as the guy who offered to make Beckett feel "shiny"). I wasn't able to find a guest cast list, so I'm not sure it's the same actor, but they look a lot alike. (Which really wouldn't be a stretch for a drug dealer -- cops often see the same people in that line of work over and over again.)

As to the end of Significant Others, I wasn't sure what Kate's look was supposed to mean. It could just as easily have been, "Come to think of it, there are lots of things I don't know about him" as it could have been, "Wow, I don't really have that problem; he shares his feelings about serious things with me."

Marriage and Alexis notwithstanding, Kate has been close with Castle for longer than Meredith was; They were divorced when Alexis was 3, after she left him and ran off to California, and before that she was doing regional theatre, so she was probably on the road quite often. Also, the timing mentioned in "A Rose for Ever After" gives us to understand that Meredith was a rebound romance after Kyra left him; he had just graduated college at the time, which means he was no older than 23, and 25 when he and Meredith divorced. (Castle is supposed to be 40; though Fillion is actually 42.)

What I found the most touching in that ep is how desperately afraid he is of losing Kate, and how much he is willing to show that. He let Meredith and Gina leave him without much argument, but if Kate wanted to break up he would be promising the moon if only she would change her mind. I don't think that he was really afraid that Meredith was going to reveal any real secrets, because in the reality of their relationship he was the injured party -- I'm pretty sure that what he was afraid of was that Meredith would decide to lie to Kate about something important. Meredith does have a past history of lying like a rug and being believed.

PS: The lighting is supposed to be romantic, of course. Klieg lights are not exactly conducive to romance. (Also, I think that Marlowe wants to maintain an air of intrigue around their relationship, to make us wonder what they are doing/saying when we cannot see them. It's a nice technique; giving them a virtual life outside the episodes.)
The actor who played Oz - Wilmer Calderon - has no other Castle credits according to IMDB.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #344
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Valentine's Day spoilers:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Big-Bang...p-1058781.aspx

Old 01-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #345
design_mom
I am probably more like my dad than I care to admit
I hate touching raw meat

I didn't start watching Castle till a couple of seasons ago. Last week, we checked Season 1 out of the library to catch up on what we missed. We finished watching the last episode of Season 1 right before the current episode came on.

It was fun to see some things that they called back. For instance, in Season One, Castle described Meredith as a "deep fried twinkie" (enjoyable once or twice a year for the novelty of it all, but more than that makes you sick) and Lanie referred to Meredith as "his deep fried twinkie" in the latest episode. I believe Kate called Castle "kitten" in one of the Season One episodes, and he made her promise never to do it again... but she called him Kitten in the most recent episode, too.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: