Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #16
BunsenH
Bringing Order to Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy1961 View Post
........ And did everyone recognize her therapist? It might not be easy! He used to play a Klingon in Star Trek: The Next Generation. (his name is Michael Dorn).

And the new captain "Iron Gates" was Cassidy Yates (Sisco's girlfriend) on ST:Deep Space Nine.

You may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?...
BunsenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #17
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunsenH View Post
And the new captain "Iron Gates" was Cassidy Yates (Sisco's girlfriend) on ST:Deep Space Nine.
Interesting! I didn't watch that as much as TNG, so I recognized her from 24.
Kate: The moment that I met you, my life became extraordinary. You taught me to be my best self, to look forward to tomorrow’s adventures. And when I was vulnerable, you were strong. I love you Richard Castle and I want to live my life in the warmth of your smile and the strength of your embrace. I promise you that I will love you, be your friend, and your partner in crime and in life. Always.

Rick: The moment we met, my life became extraordinary. You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart. You’re the last person I want to see every night when I close my eyes. I love you Katherine Beckett. And the mystery of you is the one I want to spend the rest of my life exploring. I promise to love you, to be your friend and your partner in crime and in life. Till death do us part, for the time of our lives.

Kate: This has been an epic year, Life's been full of joy & tears. Solving crimes & catching killers, Just like Castle's favorite thrillers. We share a passion every day, As partners go, we're here to stay
Missy1961 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2011, 09:34 AM   #18
Dee77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansmermaidzlagoon View Post
apparently, we have to keep an eye out for "Smith" - according to a post at IMDB, he is the Dr behind Castle as he fixes his hair and enters Beckett's hospital room. Hmmm.....

can anyone answer this?: the envelope that Smith received seemed to contain a newspaper clipping of Beckett's shooting. Yet the envelope was mailed by Capt. Montgomery BEFORE his death, right? What am I missing? next week's episode looks like fun!

Looking back at it, it seems like he had the newspaper article out about the shooting and then he dumped the contents of the envelope from Montgomery on top of it.

Funny thing my husband thought "Smith" was Kate's father. We are re-watching it just to prove that there are two different people playing those parts.

Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Aug 2012 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2013 OKW 1 Bedroom, Jan/Feb 2014 SSR 1 Bedroom, Aug 2014 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2015 OKW 3 Bedroom GV
Dee77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:45 AM   #19
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee77 View Post
Looking back at it, it seems like he had the newspaper article out about the shooting and then he dumped the contents of the envelope from Montgomery on top of it.

Funny thing my husband thought "Smith" was Kate's father. We are re-watching it just to prove that there are two different people playing those parts.
For a second I thought it was her dad too (when he was getting the package out of his mailbox).
Kate: The moment that I met you, my life became extraordinary. You taught me to be my best self, to look forward to tomorrow’s adventures. And when I was vulnerable, you were strong. I love you Richard Castle and I want to live my life in the warmth of your smile and the strength of your embrace. I promise you that I will love you, be your friend, and your partner in crime and in life. Always.

Rick: The moment we met, my life became extraordinary. You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart. You’re the last person I want to see every night when I close my eyes. I love you Katherine Beckett. And the mystery of you is the one I want to spend the rest of my life exploring. I promise to love you, to be your friend and your partner in crime and in life. Till death do us part, for the time of our lives.

Kate: This has been an epic year, Life's been full of joy & tears. Solving crimes & catching killers, Just like Castle's favorite thrillers. We share a passion every day, As partners go, we're here to stay
Missy1961 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #20
Pikester
DIS Veteran

I love Castle! With that being said, that had to be the lamest episode. There was too much going on with the Kate stuff and the other case that the episode was fractured. The best part was the end with the reveal that Kate did remember.

Pikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #21
LIDisneyFan
Older, yet for some reason not much wiser
I get by with a little help from my friends

OK-am I the only one.

I didn't loike the season opener. The filming was dark, characters seemed to have 'changed' (i.e. Alexis was mean) the writing was pretty broad (it is usually sharper) and all in all it looked like someone else was running the show.

Hope it gets back to the 'regular' formula next week.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #22
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIDisneyFan View Post
OK-am I the only one.

I didn't loike the season opener. The filming was dark, characters seemed to have 'changed' (i.e. Alexis was mean) the writing was pretty broad (it is usually sharper) and all in all it looked like someone else was running the show.

Have to agree with you. I also found the new captain to be very broad strokes -- a caricature -- and I thought the show was better than that. They might as well have captioned her scenes with: Warning to the audience -- you're supposed to hate her.

I also think that making Beckett's mother's death this huge conspiracy was a mistake -- the show is going down a rabbit hole and it's not one I find intriguing. Plus, I watch this show for harmless fun and as a way to wind-down after the first day of the work week, so I don't want to have to keep a spread sheet to track all the players and theories. Blech.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #23
Golf4food
Mouseketeer
Male pirate last time I checked... yep, still male
Tazicket will always be my sexy penguin

They do risk making the plot too complex. The whole appeal of the show is the character interaction, chemistry, and comedy. I hope they keep the whole consipracy plot to at least a reasonable level and don't let it interfere with what made the show what it is.

I think the Alexis thing may be a reaction to her father having just been around three large gunfights where many people died and he's just a writer, etc. Then Beckett blew him off and he was away from it and suddenly he's back in again and she's upset.
Mar '14 - Offsite; Nov '13 - Offiste; Sept '13-Offsite; Apr '13-POFQ; Jan '13-POR; Dec '12-POFQ:Baby's First WDW Trip; March '11-Offiste; Nov/Dec '10-AKL/CSR; May '10-POR Pre-Dining Review-Dining Report; September '09-ASMu & DxDP Dining Report; December '08-POR; September '08-ASM; June '07-One day surprise park hopping extravaganza for DW; December '06-CBR; March '05-CBR; Many visits as a child

Golf4food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #24
Coconut36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIDisneyFan View Post
OK-am I the only one.

I agree..it was much darker than a typical Castle episode but I figure they were laying some groundwork and storylines out there. From the preview of next week it seemed more like the "regular" Castle type episodes.
Coconut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #25
brerrabbit
Sixth Generation Native Texan

I think that Alexis getting mad about her father still hanging out with Beckett is just a precurser for her leaving the show. It was rumored last year that she was not coming back and the show was going to send her to college in California. I think the whole thing around Kate's mother is sort of this underlying plot thread that will wind in and out of the show all season. It is really what keeps Castle and Beckett from hooking up. She said to him she can never commit to a relationship the way she should as long as that is hanging out there. Castle won't let it die because he wants to move the relationship forward. As a result that issue will stay around for the rest of the show.

As far as the new guy that has the information to protect Kate I thought all that was in the package was a picture of Kate. I don't remember seeing anything on her shooting. I need to go back and look at that.
1996 Beach Club
1996 Disney Land Hotel (Disneyland)
1997 Wilderness Lodge
1998 Port Orleans FQ
2000 Caribean Beach
2001 All Star Sports
2004 All Star Music
2005 All Star Music
2006 Pop Century
2007 All Star Music
2009 Pop Century
2010 Port Orleans FQ
2011 Port Orleans FQ
brerrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #26
libraryfreak
Mouseketeer

The therapist at the very end of the show, I swore he was the one who called Castle to tell him to tell Becket to stay away from the case.

Wasn't Alexis a high school senior last year looking at colleges?
libraryfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #27
BunsenH
Bringing Order to Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by libraryfreak View Post
The therapist at the very end of the show, I swore he was the one who called Castle to tell him to tell Becket to stay away from the case.

Wasn't Alexis a high school senior last year looking at colleges?
The therapist scene seemed odd to me also. It provided Beckett the chance to say that she was lying, but it also seemed ominous in tone. Like there was something more to it than what was being discussed. (I didn't recognize his voice....other than beign Worf!)

You may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?...
BunsenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:16 AM   #28
Arielle22
We have had spirits
I had never heard of it before the Dis
this is how we show love, get used to it

DH and I didn't enjoy the episode as much as we usually do. We don't like the storyline about her mom's death. It is too complex and therefore not realistic (I know most of the show isn't). Once they added someone in congress and burning down a warehouse due to old records it got too much for us.

Alexis was a junior last year. She was considering graduating early and going to college with her boyfriend.

The point I found annoying with the new captain was that she wanted to be called sir. I know no woman who wants to be called sir.

We are looking forward to episodes that get back into their normal interactions with the characters.
CB 03/92
CSR and BC 08/09
BWI 11/11
OFF SITE 88,94,96,00
Arielle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:33 PM   #29
Mickeyistheman
DIS Veteran

I thought it was a great start to a new season, they did tie up loose ends and the whole thing with her mother's case is a big deal.

Next week I think will be back on track. I enjoy the funny jokes and crazy things that go on between them all. Do not like the new "Montgomery" but who knows, she is supposed to be a strong woman in power like Beckett so we'll see if she really plays a role here. She probably won't.

I liked that she did hear everything that Castle said to her, but she has MAJOR issues with it.
Mickeyistheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #30
jen0610
DIS Veteran

We finally got to watch this last night. As a family, we enjoyed the show. The sneaking around the new captain was very humorish. They looked like kids trying to pull a fast one, hiding behind the wall and Castle stuffing the file in his pants.

Alexis's hostility for us seemed quite fitting for what they has a group had gone thru the last 3 months. Having her have a carefree attitude would have down played how emotional a time it had been for them.

DH is not a squemish guy, but after having had a quad bypass this summer, as soon as they showed the rib splitters being cranked open, he started rubbing his scar saying I didn't need to see that, that hurts!!
jen0610 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: