Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #271
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

I really doubt it. Not unless it is reality, and if that is the case Marlowe will be doing some fancy footwork to take it out of the equation in the end, i believe. (Talk about your Moonlighting curse ... geez.)

I was speculating this morning on how Christmas will go, and wondering how the gift exchange will be set up, as it is supposed to be comic. I'm betting that somewhere in there will be the gift of a book with something important written on the flyleaf, and I'm thinking that Kate will be the one giving it.
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #272
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

I think I know the "*or*" that will cause problems -WORK.
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Castle: She's proud of you. Wherever she is, she's proud.
Missy1961 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #273
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Yeah, with that extra letter, that has to be it.

Marlowe is saying that Gates will find out the secret in the Xmas ep. I've been thinking about this, and do we really believe that she doesn't already know? She has read the Nikki Heat books, and she was on that rooftop and heard Beckett screaming Castle's name over and over again -- surely a supposedly legendary IA investigator has figured out what that adds up to.

I think it would be a good story point to have Beckett and Gates have a talk about what they do and what the job means to them, maybe in a semi-deserted squad room on a very slow Xmas Eve. They are really very alike in many ways, and some real back story on Gates would be interesting, especially if it turns out that somewhere along the line her devotion to following the rules cost her an important relationship.

FWIW, I think that back story on just about everyone would be good; (with the *possible* exception of Ryan) these people are all flawed in important ways, and it would be interesting to find out how that happened. However, there are some apparent folds in the timeline of the backstories that we know so far, most notably re: Kyra/Meredith/Alexis. (If Castle was with Kyra for three years just out of college, how did Alexis manage to be born when he was 23 and married to Meredith? That must have been one heck of a quick rebound.) Also, there is Kate and her cosplay past: if she is 32, and if N9 aired just over 10 years ago for only one season (if it really is a FF reference: 2002) then how was she a fan in her freshman year at Stanford in 1999?

Last edited by NotUrsula; 11-16-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #274
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

sneak peek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGNT9...feature=colike
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #275
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

sneak peek #2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w2FK...eature=g-all-u

Old 11-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #276
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

sneak peek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH47V...eature=g-all-u

Meet the Parents!

Old 11-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #277
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy1961 View Post
I don't know about you, but I really wanted to slap Martha during that clip. Beckett's got grounds on this one.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #278
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

This review is a little late this week--was out of town visiting family.

I loved Monday's episode! Just another funny & sweet classic Castle episode.

Loved:

1. the dinner with the parents - just too funny!
2. Javi & Kevin discussing the interview with the nun - Javi making Kevin be the bad cop - Kevin discussing how Catholic school was like combat, and Javi reminding that yes, he'd been in combat.
3. the interview with the nun--she was so perfect. Loved Javi's reactions!
4. Rick: "dude, where's your car?"
5. the scene when Rick is trying to decode the phone, the ringtone, and the conversation with the phone's owner. Of course, they should have been able to simply dial 9-1-1 even on the locked phone, and if you're going to break a window to steal the phone, why not steal the car?
6. this exchange between Castle & Leo:
Leo: Weíre gonna end up floating in the river with cement shoes on.
Castle: Yes, well, technically, if you have cement shoes, youíre not gonna be floating.
7. Martha calling out Gates on her "acting".
8. Martha & Jim's heart to heart about worrying about their kids, and how they each feel safer with the other having their backs.
9. and another exchange between Rick & Leo:
Leo: Great. You have an engineering degree or electronics experience?
Castle: No, but Iíve seen every episode of MacGyver.
10. the kiss before Castle goes alone to find the Chinese restaurant
11. the hug when Kate sees that Castle is OK
12. the conversations between Rick & Kate; first when she worries that he's a best selling novelist & she's "just a cop" and they don't really work "on paper", but he reminds her how they don't live on paper.

Loved the twists too--glad that the mobster/friend of the priest didn't have him killed.

Once again, a killer gives them relationship advice!

Over all, a fun episode. No new episode this Monday. The Christmas episode airs Dec. 3rd, then no new episodes for the rest of December.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #279
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
5. the scene when Rick is trying to decode the phone, the ringtone, and the conversation with the phone's owner. Of course, they should have been able to simply dial 9-1-1 even on the locked phone, and if you're going to break a window to steal the phone, why not steal the car?
In NY State, the answer to that is to avoid committing a felony. If the value of what you steal is under $1K it is misdemeanor theft. I'm guessing that committing a misdemeanor in the name of an emergency would go over better than committing a felony for that reason. Still, I was annoyed that they would just toss the phone; a cop really would have to return it or make restitution if it was taken for emergency use.

Martha really was rude to Jim at dinner and gave him adequate provocation for a verbal smackdown. (As a general rule, trial lawyers are fairly adept at the art of the verbal smackdown -- she was asking for it and I thought he went pretty easy on her, all told.)

One of my favorite bits was Javi commenting on how nice Kate looked, and then on the dinner thing: "Already? How'd that go?'" ... and, of course ...

Quote:
"Breaker, breaker I gotta momma bear and two Joes in need of a ride back to the bear cave."

I don't know if anyone here is also a Mad Men fan, but Patrick Fischler, the actor who played Leo, also memorably played SC's Utz Potato Chips pitchman, Jimmy Barratt (whose wife had an affair with Don and caused the two of them to punch one another out.) He was also a recurring character on Lost. He's always been great at the schmuck thing.

PS: Anyone want to do a little creative speculation on what it is that Kate may not be ready for, per the promo for Secret Santa? It appears that the Marlowes are teasing us with the spectre of meaningful jewelry or the utterance of a certain 3-word phrase, but if it isn't one of those two big anvils, what else could it be? The two less-loaded possibilities that I thought of would be either a major vacation, or the prospect of "coming out" as an established couple in the NYC literary social scene.

(And speaking of that, bring back Castle's friends, especially the poker buddies!!. He's always calling in a favor from this or that friend, but when does he spend time with any of those people any more?)

Last edited by NotUrsula; 11-26-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #280
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

http://officialabcprints.com/

Old 11-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #281
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Early Nathan Fillion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AjRA...eature=related

Old 11-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #282
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

http://tvline.com/2012/11/27/once-up...-ask-ausiello/

1 more letter:
Question: Please can we have another letter in the Christmas-themed Castle asterisk quiz ó first letter if possible? óChris Ausiello: Youíll get the last letter, and youíll like it: *ork.

So it can be WORK, or Dork, or even Fork.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #283
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

It's definitely work; it's in the new TV Guide story. Here's the text (teensy spoiler warning):

Quote:
Santa Claus is coming to town in Castle's first ever holiday episode, but when a man dressed as St Nick drops dead - out of the sky and into the middle of Central Park - he doesn't exactly spread holiday cheer. "This Santa is complex", hints exec producer Andrew Marlowe. "There's more to him than meets the eye".

The real reason to tune in, of course, is to see Castle (NF) and Beckett (SK) celebrate their first yuletide as a couple."It's an episode about traditions", Marlowe says, "and the pressure of spending the holidays together in a new relationship".

Just getting the two in the same place at the same time may require a Christmas miracle, though. While Castle can't wait to include his girlfriend in his festivities alongside his mom and daughter, a decidedly more somber Beckett tells Castle she has to work in order to keep up a tradition that pays tribute to her own mom. "The episode has some great mythology elements for both Castle and Beckett, where they talk about what Christmas means to them and why", says Marlowe. "It's really lovely". Considering Beckett informed Castle she's a jewelry lover a few episodes ago, might she find an engagement ring under the tree? Teases Marlowe "it would certainly be a surprise". - Shawna Malcolm
So ... no one is forcing her, she volunteers to work, and we're back to the whole "I can't let Mom down" thing again. Interesting, if a bit annoying. (Like the shrink said: "She's dead, Kate. You can't let her down.")

As to the ring tease ... I'm going with no. Way too soon. Fillion is very cautious about making the relationship too HEA too quickly; he would have a fit if they rushed it, and he has a lot of say in what happens on the show because he is the big draw for the majority of fans. Perhaps Rick will give Kate *a* ring to add to her chain of special mementos, but I would be hugely surprised (and a bit dismayed) if it was an engagement ring. OTOH, I can totally see him giving her something like a platinum-plated CrackerJack secret decoder ring from 1972.

FWIW, I've been thinking for some time now that the "big" meaningful gift that Castle will eventually give Kate will be Nikki Heat: he will give her the rights to the books. I don't know how that will happen or when, but I have a gut feeling that it will happen at some point before the series ends, perhaps if only to leave them to her in his Will. (Martha will get an annuity, Kate will get the rights to Nikki Heat, and Alexis will get everything else.)

PS: One comment I read speculated that perhaps he would be asking her to move in with him. I call no on that idea as well, because I don't believe that there is any way that Kate will sign up for permanently living with Martha. She won't move to the loft unless Martha moves out first.

Last edited by NotUrsula; 11-28-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #284
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

I'm with you, I don't think he's giving her an engagement ring either. Neither of them is ready for that. Wonder if it the gift will be something that has special meaning for them - a blue butterfly? or a tiger?

And I also agree with the idea of him giving her the Nikki Heat rights. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he's already set it up for her.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #285
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy1961 View Post
I'm with you, I don't think he's giving her an engagement ring either. Neither of them is ready for that. Wonder if it the gift will be something that has special meaning for them - a blue butterfly? or a tiger?
[snip]
Or a tiger with an elephant?

[Someday I hope the Marlowes will explain the elephant thing. They are all OVER the place in this show. "The elephant in the room" maybe? A reference to memory and loyalty? A pun-ish reference to London's Elephant and Castle neighborhood?]

Last edited by NotUrsula; 11-29-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: