Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #256
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

new episode tonight!
Kate: The moment that I met you, my life became extraordinary. You taught me to be my best self, to look forward to tomorrow’s adventures. And when I was vulnerable, you were strong. I love you Richard Castle and I want to live my life in the warmth of your smile and the strength of your embrace. I promise you that I will love you, be your friend, and your partner in crime and in life. Always.

Rick: The moment we met, my life became extraordinary. You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart. You’re the last person I want to see every night when I close my eyes. I love you Katherine Beckett. And the mystery of you is the one I want to spend the rest of my life exploring. I promise to love you, to be your friend and your partner in crime and in life. Till death do us part, for the time of our lives.

Kate: This has been an epic year, Life's been full of joy & tears. Solving crimes & catching killers, Just like Castle's favorite thrillers. We share a passion every day, As partners go, we're here to stay
Missy1961 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #257
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

That was an OK episode, not my favorite. Had some nice moments, but overall, nothing great.
Kate: The moment that I met you, my life became extraordinary. You taught me to be my best self, to look forward to tomorrow’s adventures. And when I was vulnerable, you were strong. I love you Richard Castle and I want to live my life in the warmth of your smile and the strength of your embrace. I promise you that I will love you, be your friend, and your partner in crime and in life. Always.

Rick: The moment we met, my life became extraordinary. You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart. You’re the last person I want to see every night when I close my eyes. I love you Katherine Beckett. And the mystery of you is the one I want to spend the rest of my life exploring. I promise to love you, to be your friend and your partner in crime and in life. Till death do us part, for the time of our lives.

Kate: This has been an epic year, Life's been full of joy & tears. Solving crimes & catching killers, Just like Castle's favorite thrillers. We share a passion every day, As partners go, we're here to stay
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #258
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy1961 View Post
That was an OK episode, not my favorite. Had some nice moments, but overall, nothing great.
I agree. Hate the "reality TV" video stuff for any show.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #259
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

So, can a new fan just jump into this show in the middle? Besides romances, are there any recurring storylines that would cause new people to be lost (like the Red John storyline in The Mentalist for example)?

I've watched a couple reruns during lunch break on TBS, and it looks good. I just want to know whether I should start from the beginning on Netflix or something.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #260
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck View Post
So, can a new fan just jump into this show in the middle? Besides romances, are there any recurring storylines that would cause new people to be lost (like the Red John storyline in The Mentalist for example)?

I've watched a couple reruns during lunch break on TBS, and it looks good. I just want to know whether I should start from the beginning on Netflix or something.
It's not impossible to just jump in with this show, but there is an important back story with a character's parent's murder. It wouldn't hurt to go back & start at the beginning. Plus it's fun to watch how Kate & Rick's relationship has changed over time.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #261
design_mom
I am probably more like my dad than I care to admit
I hate touching raw meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck View Post

I jumped in two seasons ago and think it was fine. I would like to see the old ones, just to see how the relationship has developed, etc. but I think I "understand" what's going on, at least for now.

There is a recurring storyline about Beckett's mother's murder and a bad guy who has shown up a couple of times, but they tend to give you the basics each time it's brought up... so I don't think you'd be too lost. Most episodes are pretty self contained, murder-of-the-week type episodes.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #262
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Here are the episodes that deal with the back story:

Season 1
#1 - Flowers For Your Grave
#5 - A Chill Goes thru her Veins
#10 - Death in the Family

Season 2
#13 - Sucker Punch

Season 3
#13 - Knockdown
#24 - Knockout

Season 4
#1 - Rise
#23 - Always

Season 5 (this season)
#1 - After the Storm

I'd also consider watching the first episode of the 2nd season, Deep in Death.

I know a few of those will be shown on the day before Thanksgiving & Thanksgiving Day on TNT.

As I'm making that list, I realized that a lot of those episodes are my favorites.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #263
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Thanks, everyone.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #264
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

There is a Castlewiki site out on the web that has a rundown of who all of the characters are and their relationship to one another; that will help a lot in terms of catching up.

As to Swan Song, not my favorite, but then, I've never like the cinéma vérité style, so I was prejudiced out of the gate.

However, having the spotlight so much on Esposito brought out one of the funnier facets of this show that I've always enjoyed -- how much of a naïf that character really is. Look back at The Mistress ... , Till Death Do Us Part, and even Final Frontier, and it is obvious that Mr. Special Forces tough-guy is really very conservative and shy in his dealings with women, and even a bit afraid of them if they come on strong. (Not stupid, you understand, just not very sophisticated or worldly.) For all that Ryan gets teased so much about being a geek and not that physically imposing, he's a much more sophisticated person who has a very open mind and an adventurous outlook on life.

The "sweet" moment of the ep? Castle saying that, "I just want them to see what I see" when trying to talk Kate into being more cooperative with the film crew. The thing is, they can't: no one else is going to see what he sees, because no one else is so hopelessly in love with her.

Last edited by NotUrsula; 11-13-2012 at 12:36 PM.
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #265
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

This ep was just meh for me

Sent from my Incredible using DISBoards

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
MickeysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #266
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

I'm not going to do a review for that episode, just don't feel like watching it again. I did like that Rick wanted everyone else to see Kate as he does.

Next week is the "Meet the Parents" episode. Then I think no episode the Monday after Thanksgiving, then the Christmas episode on December 3rd, then a long break until a new episode.

And another Christmas episode spoiler:
http://tvline.com/2012/11/13/mad-men...-ask-ausiello/

Question: You said that something is going to keep Kate and Rick apart in Castle‘s Christmas episode… any other clues? Maybe another letter in the asterisk quiz? —Eli

Ausiello: Sure. *or*

So my guess of Josh is out.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:19 PM   #267
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Castle's office:

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/castle/..._castlesoffice

Old 11-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #268
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Kate's desk:

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/castle/...oto-gallery-11

Old 11-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #269
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...s-1056174.aspx

Any other hints about Castle's upcoming Christmas episode? — Melissa
ADAM: The episode, titled "Secret Santa," once again plays on the hush-hush relationship that Castle and Beckett have (pretty much unsuccessfully) tried to keep from their colleagues. But creator Andrew W. Marlowe confirms that the secret will officially be out soon. "We're going to move beyond it. There's only so much storytelling we can sustain," he says. "Capt. Gates is certainly the big issue. How is she going to react? Is that going to threaten the partnership?" So will that reveal be a Christmas gift to viewers or a big lump of coal? "[We] will be dealing with the good of the holiday season — and the bad," Marlowe teases.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #270
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

hmmmmm

http://tvline.com/2012/11/14/blind-i...4-blinditem300

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: