Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #196
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotUrsula View Post
That house in California. The reason that the time progression was jumping in big awkward chunks was that they were on the wrong coast; they had to be very careful never to show an outdoor shot that included the sun except for right at mid-day, because the sun doesn't set over water in the Hamptons, and it doesn't rise over water on the California coast.

They built the bedroom as a set, but not the rest of it: the house is in Malibu. It will be interesting to see how often they revisit the house. (Check out the Art Dept. blog on ABC.com for cool details re: the sets.)
Ok, more please! I love all the "Insider Information"

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
MickeysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #197
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeysMommy View Post
Ok, more please! I love all the "Insider Information"
If you love inside info, and you're on Twitter, you can follow the Castle Art Dept. there. They post pictures all the time. And they post them as they are working on them, so you get to see them way before the episodes are on. Plus Andrew Marlowe, his wife, and most of the cast are all tweeting. You can even follow "Richard Castle".
Kate: The moment that I met you, my life became extraordinary. You taught me to be my best self, to look forward to tomorrow’s adventures. And when I was vulnerable, you were strong. I love you Richard Castle and I want to live my life in the warmth of your smile and the strength of your embrace. I promise you that I will love you, be your friend, and your partner in crime and in life. Always.

Rick: The moment we met, my life became extraordinary. You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart. You’re the last person I want to see every night when I close my eyes. I love you Katherine Beckett. And the mystery of you is the one I want to spend the rest of my life exploring. I promise to love you, to be your friend and your partner in crime and in life. Till death do us part, for the time of our lives.

Kate: This has been an epic year, Life's been full of joy & tears. Solving crimes & catching killers, Just like Castle's favorite thrillers. We share a passion every day, As partners go, we're here to stay
Missy1961 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #198
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

If you are interested in the Malibu house, here is the location rental listing for it; lots of photos of the way that it looks normally. (There are obviously children living in it, btw.)

http://universallocations.com/locati...ATEGORY_id=559

PS: There is a quick shot over Kate's shoulder in the "none of them were you" scene that gives the location away pretty badly. You can see at least 2 other homes in the background that are obviously Californian in style; and there are way too many hills directly behind her as well; the Hamptons are quite flat in terrain, which Malibu definitely is not.

Last edited by NotUrsula; 10-18-2012 at 05:38 PM.
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #199
Disneefun
DIS Veteran

I loved it when he was giving her the tour of the house and they walk outside and he says how he loves the "serenity" (of the house) but you can hear his voice go down a little bit and there's a pause. I like to think it's a small nod to Serenity.

On a side note, has anyone ever read the "Derrick Storm" shorts? I understand that all 3 together pretty much make a full novel, but I just wonder if they're worth the read. Any good?
Disneefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #200
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneefun View Post
I loved it when he was giving her the tour of the house and they walk outside and he says how he loves the "serenity" (of the house) but you can hear his voice go down a little bit and there's a pause. I like to think it's a small nod to Serenity.

On a side note, has anyone ever read the "Derrick Storm" shorts? I understand that all 3 together pretty much make a full novel, but I just wonder if they're worth the read. Any good?
I'm pretty sure it was a nod to Firefly/Serenity. they've done it before--the spa Martha & Alexis were going to during the 3rd Season 2-parter was called Serenity. And of course, Adam Baldwin being on Castle last year, and they used some lines from Firefly in the season 2 2 parter.

And the Derrick Storm e-stories were OK. I prefer the Nikki Heat books.
Kate: The moment that I met you, my life became extraordinary. You taught me to be my best self, to look forward to tomorrow’s adventures. And when I was vulnerable, you were strong. I love you Richard Castle and I want to live my life in the warmth of your smile and the strength of your embrace. I promise you that I will love you, be your friend, and your partner in crime and in life. Always.

Rick: The moment we met, my life became extraordinary. You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart. You’re the last person I want to see every night when I close my eyes. I love you Katherine Beckett. And the mystery of you is the one I want to spend the rest of my life exploring. I promise to love you, to be your friend and your partner in crime and in life. Till death do us part, for the time of our lives.

Kate: This has been an epic year, Life's been full of joy & tears. Solving crimes & catching killers, Just like Castle's favorite thrillers. We share a passion every day, As partners go, we're here to stay
Old 10-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #201
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneefun View Post

Oh, definitely a reference; it's a running gag in the show to do that as often as possible. (Firefly was infamous for the number of Star Wars references it contained. Fillion has now become known so much as the god of all SciFi TV geeks that it is a given now that any television show that he is in will drop references to his previous roles. Just wait until the ep after next [Nov. 5th]; it is set at a convention like Comic-Con, and will essentially be an hour-long fanboy homage.)

Personally, I like the Derek Storm shorts better than the Nikki Heat books, because they are not actually tied to the show and the plot doesn't have to fit the formula. Besides, I love a good spy caper. However, if you want to read them, go ahead and get them all at the same time; otherwise the mid-sentence cliffhangers will probably drive you nuts.

FWIW, as a Disney shareholder, I want to say that in the end, my very favorite thing about this show is the brilliance of the marketing synergy with the books. Even after the show goes off the air, Hyperion will still be able to continue publishing Richard Castle books, and if I own a piece of Disney, I own a piece of that revenue stream, too.
I'm dying to see if there will be a 25th Anniversary Edition of In a Hail of Bullets next year, LOL.

Shiny.

PS: If you haven't yet read Frozen Heat, brace yourself for a lot of Firefly references, they really piled them on in this one. Also, just a lot of small funny things, like naming a French hospital the Hôpital du Canard.

Last edited by NotUrsula; 10-19-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #202
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Someone posted the end scene from Monday's episode on YouTube. I figured it could help tide us over until the next new episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cV4j...ploademail-new

Old 10-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #203
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

spoiler pictures from the sci-fi convention episode. So up Nathan Fillion's alley, since he is such a geek king, and he goes to Comic Con every year. I hope Molly Quinn's in the episode too, since she loves Comic Con too. And in another sci-fi connection, Jonathan Frakes is the director of the episode--he was Riker on ST:TNG.

http://www.wetpaint.com/castle/galle...acebook.com#24

Old 10-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #204
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Pictures from the "comic-con" episode:

http://www.buddytv.com/slideshows/ca...ier-44537.aspx

Old 10-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #205
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

spoilers from that episode:

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/cast...tai-48042.aspx

Old 10-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #206
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

No new episode tonight.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #207
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Nice little comment about "Caskett" - scroll down a bit:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ask-Matt...e-1054927.aspx

Old 10-22-2012, 12:20 PM   #208
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Cool Castle stuff:

http://www.cafepress.com/+castletv+gifts

Old 10-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #209
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

In case no one else has mentioned it, ABC has just ordered an add'l episode for this season, so there will be a total of 23 for this season.

No Halloween ep this season, apparently, which is a shame; Castle does really fun Halloween-ish episodes. I guess I'll just have to rewatch Vampire Weekend and Undead Again (and perhaps Demons, too), for my ghoulish theme fix.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #210
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

The first sneak peek video for "Probable Cause" just went up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mECOgjNIzpo

Color me baffled by this one. It would seem at first to be an identity theft, but who is that in the photo?

Last edited by NotUrsula; 10-23-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: