Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #181
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

My impression of the ep was that it was a nice exploration of family -- especially fathers and daughters. Not only do you have the "Alexis moves away" tearjerker, but you also have the "Dad and Kate at Coney Island" story. (... and of course, the MOW twins.)

Interestingly, that episode was originally supposed to be 504, and next week's Hamptons show was supposed to have run as 503, but Marlowe decided last month to switch the order. Good decision, I think, not to have the "does Martha know?" question hanging over them in the Hampton's episode (which based on the clips I've seen, is going to be VERY funny.)

There were 2 definite uber-geek moments: NF wearing welding gear even though he was only watching, and the reference to the Wonder Twins. (That, btw, is some SERIOUS old-comic geekiness: not only were they obscure characters from a 1970's DC comic-based cartoon, but the man who did the voice of the male twin, Zan, is Michael Bell, now one of the most prolific cartoon and videogame voice actors working today. It is a sure bet that Bell is probably a friend of NF's. ((And no, I didn't recognize this on my own, but DH is a huge 1970's cartoon comics geek and DS15 has ambitions to be a voice actor: they both love Michael Bell.)

[Side note: There also appeared to be a strange and obscure shout-out to either LSU, the Civil War, or both, in the naming of the butler's character: Kirby Smith. Edmund Kirby Smith was a little-known Confederate general; ironically, there is a freshman dormitory at LSU that is named after him. I have a suspicion that the choice of "Kirby" probably was really meant to be an homage to comic-book illustrator Jack Kirby, but that some wag tacked on "Smith" as a last name just as an in-joke.)]

As to the handshake, yes, that was nicely written, but Kate's "kind of gross" comment kind of shot down the sensuality of it. I thought the bit where they nearly jumped one another after finishing one another's sentences on the "can we get a warrant" discussion was good, too.

Last edited by NotUrsula; 10-10-2012 at 02:51 PM.
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #182
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

Well, as to the "handshake", Castle does say "my hand's getting sweaty" before Kate says "gross".

And I did forget to mention that it seems like Javi & Kevin are back together.
Kate: The moment that I met you, my life became extraordinary. You taught me to be my best self, to look forward to tomorrow’s adventures. And when I was vulnerable, you were strong. I love you Richard Castle and I want to live my life in the warmth of your smile and the strength of your embrace. I promise you that I will love you, be your friend, and your partner in crime and in life. Always.

Rick: The moment we met, my life became extraordinary. You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart. You’re the last person I want to see every night when I close my eyes. I love you Katherine Beckett. And the mystery of you is the one I want to spend the rest of my life exploring. I promise to love you, to be your friend and your partner in crime and in life. Till death do us part, for the time of our lives.

Kate: This has been an epic year, Life's been full of joy & tears. Solving crimes & catching killers, Just like Castle's favorite thrillers. We share a passion every day, As partners go, we're here to stay
Missy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #183
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy1961 View Post
Well, as to the "handshake", Castle does say "my hand's getting sweaty" before Kate says "gross".

And I did forget to mention that it seems like Javi & Kevin are back together.
Did someone mention my man's name?????

I thought the 'gross' comment was very fitting, they're just goofy! And yes, he did say his hand was sweating, what was she supposed to say?

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
N&B'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #184
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

first sneak peak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szA2qNGGeYg
Kate: The moment that I met you, my life became extraordinary. You taught me to be my best self, to look forward to tomorrow’s adventures. And when I was vulnerable, you were strong. I love you Richard Castle and I want to live my life in the warmth of your smile and the strength of your embrace. I promise you that I will love you, be your friend, and your partner in crime and in life. Always.

Rick: The moment we met, my life became extraordinary. You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart. You’re the last person I want to see every night when I close my eyes. I love you Katherine Beckett. And the mystery of you is the one I want to spend the rest of my life exploring. I promise to love you, to be your friend and your partner in crime and in life. Till death do us part, for the time of our lives.

Kate: This has been an epic year, Life's been full of joy & tears. Solving crimes & catching killers, Just like Castle's favorite thrillers. We share a passion every day, As partners go, we're here to stay
Old 10-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #185
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Here are 4 sneak peeks--they all look so good!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT7zS..._gh5d4baFgF-ED

Last edited by Missy1961; 10-12-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:43 AM   #186
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Can't wait for tonight's episode!

Old 10-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #187
pansmermaidzlagoon
Mickey asks that you not advise screwing things into his head

thought of you fangirls when I saw this:

http://www.pinkraygun.com/2008/10/07...ng-along-blog/

it is just "OK", you could leave the hammer symbol out!

I was looking for Dr. Who, but also got Dr. Horrible.....

enjoy!
'11 WONDER Alaska Cruise: '13 WILDERNESS LODGE
pansmermaidzlagoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #188
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansmermaidzlagoon View Post
thought of you fangirls when I saw this:

http://www.pinkraygun.com/2008/10/07...ng-along-blog/

it is just "OK", you could leave the hammer symbol out!

I was looking for Dr. Who, but also got Dr. Horrible.....

enjoy!
OK, that is just too cool! thanks.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #189
pansmermaidzlagoon
Mickey asks that you not advise screwing things into his head

glad you liked it!

waiting for tonight's episode.......
'11 WONDER Alaska Cruise: '13 WILDERNESS LODGE
pansmermaidzlagoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #190
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

2 words: awesome!! busted!!!

Old 10-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #191
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

First, I really really really liked that episode. The scenery & the set were beautiful! I want that house.

While the case was so-so (the cop, really?) there was so much to love, I can overlook that.

Loves:

The end scene with Rick & Kate—romantic, sweet, funny & sexy. That’s what I’ve been looking for since “Always”!

How Rick & Kate were able to show how turned on they get when they build theory together.

Kate wanting to skinny dip, Rick’s reaction to it.

The couple name conversation – “Rickate? Kate-ick? Caskett!” A nice nod to the shippers! I know that I’ve read that Marlowe & co. keep up with fan sites, so that was cool.

Hampton cop to Kate (when he thought she was a hooker): “watch a lot of cop shows, do we?”

Dinner with the mobster

Rick & Kate waiting for 5 PM

Ryan interrogating the suspect—“I’ll ask the questions!”, “What was her name?” and the look on his face when he figured it out.

Ryan’s conversation with Rick & Kate after that interrogation, and him telling Espo to let Kate’s private life be private

Kate to Rick after seeing the house: “You rich or something” “I’m no Patterson, but I do OK.”. and here in NY, there was a commercial for Patterson's new book right after that!

Her insecurities coming out about Rick’s playboy past: “I can’t help thinking about the other women who got this tour” Rick: “they weren’t you.”

the opening scene with Rick, Alexis & Martha, and him covering his ears when Martha starts suggesting things they can do under the stars.

Lanie wanting nothing to do with the guys trying to figure out who Kate's boyfriend is, the conversation with Castle, Kate's smirk when he says Kate will kill them & then Kate almost blowing it by grabbing the phone.

Some other thoughts:

After seeing the sneak peeks, I started to wonder if Ryan & Espo knew, and after watching that episode, they didn’t. And I think I know why: it’s hard to imagine your mom & dad having sex!

No new episode next week……and the previews for the next episode look intense. I’m wondering if that episode will break them up (for a while) or make them stronger…..

Old 10-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #192
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
First, I really really really liked that episode. The scenery & the set were beautiful! I want that house.
That house in California. The reason that the time progression was jumping in big awkward chunks was that they were on the wrong coast; they had to be very careful never to show an outdoor shot that included the sun except for right at mid-day, because the sun doesn't set over water in the Hamptons, and it doesn't rise over water on the California coast.

They built the bedroom as a set, but not the rest of it: the house is in Malibu. It will be interesting to see how often they revisit the house. (Check out the Art Dept. blog on ABC.com for cool details re: the sets.)

Quote:
While the case was so-so (the cop, really?) there was so much to love, I can overlook that.
I thought that the case was rather good, except that the Meth addict was ALL wrong, though he was funny. (As I was explaining to DS who watched it with me, meth addicts are NOT always falling asleep. They are wired and jittery and tend not to sleep almost at all unless they are in withdrawal. THAT guy looked a lot more like a stoner.) I did like the look on the face of the Sheriff when he watched Kate interrogate suspects; he looked like he had unexpectedly found himself courtside at Wimbledon.

Anyway, the case was special in one respect: it broke the time-honored Castle formula. [spoiler in white here, for those who haven't seen it yet:] I don't know if you've noticed, but there are always 3 suspects that they are SURE did it, and the one who really did is always the third one they interrogate. It's one of the things that bothers me about the show, because you always end up knowing whodunit if you just bother to count. This time they broke the pattern: there were FOUR strong suspects, and it turned out that the real murderer was someone who was never a suspect at all.
[snip]

Quote:
The couple name conversation Rickate? Kate-ick? Caskett! A nice nod to the shippers! I know that Ive read that Marlowe & co. keep up with fan sites, so that was cool.
Except that he really should have used the term "portmanteau" -- we stressed structure early, remember? Personally, I can't stand cutesy couple nicknames, but then it makes my flesh creep to hear "hubby" as well. (On re-watching that scene, I noticed a quick smirk on her face when he said "KATE-ICK?" That had to have been a joke about the common mispronunciation of her last name. FTR, she says "Katic" is pronounced "KYE-tic")

Funniest moment for me: It's a subtle one. I was choking with laughter when they were standing there waiting for the sheriff to finish his drink and LEAVE, already. It was hard to see because of the way that it was framed, but there was an implication by the way that they were standing that something physical might have been going on behind the bar. (Then the *second* that the door closes behind the guy they bolt for the bedroom, naturally.)

[snip]

Quote:
Ryan interrogating the suspectIll ask the questions!, What was her name? and the look on his face when he figured it out.

Ryans conversation with Rick & Kate after that interrogation, and him telling Espo to let Kates private life be private.
I really liked SD in this ep. He is much better than NF at doing irony with a straight face. When Fillion has a character overtly lie on-camera for a laugh, he can't resist doing it with a wink -- his voice always goes way up. Deaver plays the same kind of scene perfectly straight except for the little twinkle in his eyes, which IMO is really much funnier.

As for what he knows, I think he's going to try to make them twist in the wind as payback for lying to him and JE, but Ryan is a hopeless romantic, so I think that he will do all he can to keep the secret from getting out.

[snip]

Quote:
Lanie wanting nothing to do with the guys trying to figure out who Kate's boyfriend is, the conversation with Castle, Kate's smirk when he says Kate will kill them & then Kate almost blowing it by grabbing the phone.
Lainie knows. She might not have had it confirmed, and she might be trying not to consciously speculate on it, but deep down she knows that it is the only possible answer to why Kate is suddenly so happy when she was so tied in knots over it only weeks before. It's too obvious after that conversation over the wine in The Limey last season. I predict that there will be another conversation between K&L about this in the next episode. (An interview that I saw with SK in which she said that the conflict for Kate in Probable Cause is more about whether Castle is faithful to her than about whether or not he killed anyone.)

[snip]
Quote:
After seeing the sneak peeks, I started to wonder if Ryan & Espo knew, and after watching that episode, they didnt. And I think I know why: its hard to imagine your mom & dad having sex!
Or your best friends systematically lying to you. People who are that loyal tend not to want to open their eyes to being lied to even when it is obvious.

PS: Based on the promo, my wild guess prediction of the week for Probable Cause is that jewelry is going to be a significant plot point, and not just in terms of the murder.
(But no, not an engagement ring; that would be way too anvil-icious for Marlowe & Co. If it is there it will be more subtle than that.)

PPS: I can't believe I forgot to mention this: she let him DRIVE!! (tee-hee)

Last edited by NotUrsula; 10-18-2012 at 05:23 PM.
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #193
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

quotes:

http://www.buddytv.com/slideshows/ca...ote-27045.aspx

Old 10-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #194
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

http://tvline.com/2012/10/16/castle-...-ask-ausiello/

Old 10-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #195
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

They're planning a Christmas episode:

http://tvline.com/2012/10/16/castle-...isode-preview/

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: