Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 07:23 AM   #136
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy1961 View Post
I thought you might.
Of course I do

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
MickeysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #137
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

There are a few good sneak peeks for episode 2 out there!
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Castle: She's proud of you. Wherever she is, she's proud.
Missy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #138
ndelaware
DIS Veteran

I was surprised to see the senator was HRG from "Heroes"
ndelaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #139
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

After watching the sneak peeks, I've changed my mind. Lanie's going to figure it out first!
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #140
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

New episode tonight!

Old 10-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #141
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

sneak peeks for tonight's episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMJj7...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx7ZT...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AbDn...ature=youtu.be

Old 10-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #142
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

pictures from the episode set in the Hamptons:

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...d-beckett.html

Old 10-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #143
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotUrsula View Post
Martha.

(FWIW, I think that the guys have been assuming that they are lovers for ages now, they just have not been able to prove it.)

I think that Castle's reasons for discretion have more to do with wanting that little thrill of the secret rather than any other reason. He loves her and his mother already knows that; so when he starts not coming home over night on a regular basis she will know right away. (Mind you, NOT having his mother embarass Kate about it is probably one of his reasons as well; Martha doesn't have much of a filter, and he doesn't want to scare Kate off before she fully adapts to the new situation.)

THE big question of the season, I think, is when will she break down and actually say the L Word? I don't think it is any accident that she has not done so on camera. (Apparently she DID tell Rick about the resignation off-camera; otherwise I don't know how he would have known about it by that morning, since he had not checked his messages all night.) The other big question of the season is what exactly Kate is doing that is putting those really goofy grins on his face every time they allude to their intimate moments -- there have been comic hints for a LONG time now that she is rather adventurous in that regard, and I'm waiting for some sort of running gag about Castle not being able to keep up with her.

Also, speaking of not checking his messages, the situation with hiding Kate meant that his not answering Alexis' distress call was glossed over. I don't doubt that that will come back to haunt him sometime soon, because Alexis is definitely used to being at the top of his priority list.

PS: IMO, the most pivotal moment in this series wasn't in either of the two big ones that most people mention: Knockout or Always. I think it was the point in Sucker Punch when she chose to shoot to kill Coonan. She was shooting him at essentially point-blank range; she could have easily chosen to shoot to disable rather than to kill, but she chose to kill him, even though she regretted the ramifications moments later and desperately attempted CPR. At the moment that she pulled the trigger, whether she realized it or not at the time, she chose Castle over her need for revenge.
I agree with you about Sucker Punch--I've always felt that that was when Rick realized he was falling in love with Kate. Yeah, he went off with Gina at the end of that season, but I think he was scared by his feelings and he thought Kate was falling for Demming. And I think Kate started to realize her feelings too--like you said, shooting Dick Coonan to protect Castle was a big deal.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #144
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

The first to know------Martha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MVVb...ure=plpp_video

Old 10-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #145
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Castle might be making a new friend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ontn09kF3zM&feature=plcp

Old 10-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #146
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Yes, he did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiR9JD7EJqA&feature=plcp

Old 10-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #147
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy1961 View Post
Too funny!

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #148
Disneefun
DIS Veteran

Okay, not related to the show, but to "Castle's" latest book, "Frozen Heat." I didn't want to start a separate thread, but I just had to post a virtual scream.

I just finished the book and it ended on a whopper of a cliffhanger. I won't post a spoiler, but my advice to anyone reading it is to stop about ten pages from the end. That gets the mystery sort of wrapped up and while there are still a lot of unanswered questions, there's a sense of conclusion.

Go past that and you get into the cliffhanger that, while very, very good, will make you tear your hear out that it ends there! Argh! I kept flipping pages, hoping there was some addendum or something!!! Nope. I have to wait a year for more.

It was a good book, though (and you should finish it, I'm sort of kidding above, it was so frustrating). It started slow, but I blew through the last half in one night.
Disneefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #149
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneefun View Post
Okay, not related to the show, but to "Castle's" latest book, "Frozen Heat." I didn't want to start a separate thread, but I just had to post a virtual scream.

I just finished the book and it ended on a whopper of a cliffhanger. I won't post a spoiler, but my advice to anyone reading it is to stop about ten pages from the end. That gets the mystery sort of wrapped up and while there are still a lot of unanswered questions, there's a sense of conclusion.

Go past that and you get into the cliffhanger that, while very, very good, will make you tear your hear out that it ends there! Argh! I kept flipping pages, hoping there was some addendum or something!!! Nope. I have to wait a year for more.

It was a good book, though (and you should finish it, I'm sort of kidding above, it was so frustrating). It started slow, but I blew through the last half in one night.
You beat me to it--I was just going to post about the book--finished it this morning (and it's not off topic here, we've discussed the books before). Wow, it hit me hard, I ended up in tears on the train. The best book so far. It would be a great book without the tie-in to the show, but connected to the show makes it even better. Wow.

And I'll post my review of episode 2 later today.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #150
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Now time for my thoughts on episode 2.

Of course, it wasn't as good as episode 1 (I have a feeling it will be a long time before any other episode is as good as that was), this was still a fun episode, mostly because of the Kate/Rick interaction. The case was so-so (I really didn't care who killed her) but the relationship issues & their reactions to them were great.

I loved (once again in no particular order):

the opening scene between Rick & Kate--him trying to get her to change her shirts & then her pants, the kiss, the cup of coffee--all sweet & funny.

the scenes with Lanie--she's also so funny, and her stuff about Kate's "glow" just made me laugh. She did point at the both of them in the morgue, and I don't think she believes that there is any other guy but Rick.

the scene at the TV station when Castle is fooling around near the green screen--Kate can't help but grin at him--pure Caskett.

their conversation about how Rick wanted to sleep with her for 4 years & him saying that she wanted to sleep with him just as much - "you didn't dress that way for Esposito"!

Espo to Ryan--"are you wearing make-up?"

Kate running out to rescue Rick after he 'butt" dialed her

Kate's use of the b word

And that last scene when Rick goes to see Kate. They had an adult conversation about their relationship--I just loved the whole speech:

"Okay, maybe people find out and maybe we won't get to work together, and maybe we'll implode, or maybe, we'll continue to be amazing. The point is, we don't have the answers. We just have to live with the questions and find our way."

loved her grin after that & how she couldn't go thru with it--but I bet he changed her mind!

A few other thoughts:

Rick "forgetting" to bring her coffee--overthinking there Ricky!

Once again, a liar tells them that co-workers dating is a bad idea. (Sophia is the other that I can remember)

Espo & Ryan made some first steps toward mending their relationship. I wonder if it is healed, or if they still need some work.

All in all, a good episode with nice relationship moments. I'd give it an A-

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: