Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2012, 07:50 AM   #436
suzimar57
when i do put some makeup on, he's stunned!
loose screw i find in his work pants
It's cheesy, in a fun sort of way!

october 2013 during F&W will be our first time at Dolphin!

(will be 5 years since we've been to disney - can't wait!!!)
Old 05-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #437
CerysG
Mouseketeer

If everything goes as planned we will be at Disney August 24th to Sept 1st! (we are doing the dark side (plus everthing else on the flex ticket) from the about the 16th to the 24th). Thinking we will stay at CS but I've changed my mind about 3 times so far from AoA to POP and now CS so by the time I actually book could be totally different!
CerysG is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #438
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Definitely February, but we are unsure of dates yet. Either Feb 6-15 or Feb 25-March 6 Staying at Art of Animation - 2 LM rooms, 10 day base tickets, and DxDDP

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #439
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

I'm still debating on when we should go in 2013. I don't know if we should go in September and celebrate my son's birthday (he'll be turning 6 that year) or if we should just wait a couple more months and go the week after Thanksgiving for the holiday season.

We'll most likely have a 3rd baby by then (hopefully in April/May), so I just don't know what to do!

lauren_elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #440
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

So, i had this whole idea set to go the 1st ten days in november and to do both the last MNSSHP and the first MVMCP. However, that will not work for me. So im considering going in august or September. We did a last minute weekend trip in august this past year and while it was hot it was find. I think it has to do with growing up and always going in the summer when it was hot and crowded and its something thats part of disney for me but im also thinking maybe September. My DS will be turning 4 and it would be a good bday present and i could still do the MNSSHP. August or September? Is there a big difference between the months in regards to crowds, weather, etc. Ive heard that its just as hot in September. Are they both considered value seasons?
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
leshunlenese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:53 PM   #441
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Heading down April 7-13 (may wait til the 8th depends on discounts if any)-POR

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #442
mobtown7
Earning My Ears

First Trip

Planning to go in June 2013 and staying at POR. Still narrowing down our date! Can't wait!

mobtown7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #443
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

We are pushing our trip dates to May 11-21 staying at AoA. We want to wait for baby to be a little older than 2 months AND skip the heart of spring break travel season. Still WAY excited just hate waiting lol

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #444
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

Like everyone else, the waiting game is driving me bonkers. Breathe..breathe...deep breath, inhale...ahh...OK I am still bonkers.

I am already on 'the list' for August 2013. I won't know my official dates until dh & I figure that one out and when I book airline tickets. I also need to find out when my oldest will have middle school orientation in August (the last week or so) because I don't want her to miss that.

So I am just going to ramble because you people can totally relate & like I said above I am bonkers right now missing Disney so much.

We were supposed to go this August but the floods of 2010 in CT, well flooded our basement which meant my nice paid for carpet down there that began to stink had to get ripped up & we had to put in tile. Now my dh cringes at the thought of paying Disney prices but lets just say we paid Disney prices for the tile we got so I bumped our trip out a year to save money.

Our party will include:

Me-obviously. I have been obssesed with the mouse since High School which was eons ago, OK mid to late 80's. I like to think WDW opened just for my upcoming birth-it opened 10/1 & I was born 10/6/71, but I don't think that is really true. My dh realized I was obsessed & proposed to me at the Poly on a hammock.

DH-non-Disney lovin' hubby but he deals with the fact that his wife is bonkers over Disney. But...if we don't go on Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin, or Goofys Barnstormer (the old one), eat a salad from Mexico or the cantina in the MK or if he doesn't get a margurita he isn't happy. So technically he does like Disney-he took my dad on Test Track when I was preggo with our youngest just because my dad had never been on it. And he was looking at apps for his iphone this am for Disney, yet the trip is a year away...hmmm...makes you wonder...

oldest dd-she will be 12 when we go, full of mood swings although she has quite a few right now. She is excited to go back & remembers that I took her on Space Mountain one am. She wanted to sit in the front & screamed the entire time & claimed she will never go on it again. I hope she changes her mind since those rides are tame.

ds-he will be 9, a month shy of 10 when we go (that is a good thing, right??). I don't know if he is excited or not. All he cares about is his ipod & baseball right now. He is my food allergic son. He has gone to Disney twice so far & it has been great for him. He is allergic to dairy, peanuts, treenuts & egg whites & he didn't starve in Disney, phew... He had just had his tonsils out about a month before we went the last time & he was a month shy of 5. I found out that they could make him a pizza at Pizza Planet & he said "this was the best pizza he ever had." OK not including the ones I make but that made that $10 single serve pizza so worth it.

youngest dd-She will be 7 when we go. Sort of bittersweet because I won't need a stroller & I will actually have to carry my crap around. I showed her a you tube video of the newly reopened Big Thunder yesterday trying to get her excited to ride it. If my mother who hates coasters can ride it & loves it then so can she.

One of my sisters plans on coming with us too but I don't think for as long as we are going. With either 1 or 2 of her dds (one will be 21 & the other 15 maybe). I am thinking if she goes for a short time then my mom will suck it up & come with us too. She doesn't need to go to the park though & can hang out at the pool if she wants. My dad died last year so I hope she goes. I am thinking that my other sister will meet us there for a day or two since she will be living in Ft. Myers by then.

So my plan is to go for about 10 days. I am not sure about the exact amount of days yet.

I do know that we will have 2 travel days (via the plane) & I don't do parks on those days. At least 5, maybe 6 park days, at least 2 maybe 3 non park days but if there are 3, one of those could be a water park day. So it will be either 10 or 11 days. My dh doesn't not like that idea but too bad!!

We plan on staying at the Polynesian because "I won't stay anywhere else", says my dh.

I am hoping to convince him to do a split stay at the Beach Club. I haven't stayed there since 1990 & I think my kids would love that pool. I am thinking 3 nights there. But he is really adament about not doing that because we'd have to pack & unpack again. I have also toyed with the idea of either the Swan or Dolphin since I can get a rate for being a RN. Again, he does not like that idea.

Next stop..plane reservations, or room reservations, I guess I can make them longer then I am planning on going.
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
monorailsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #445
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

I just booked us a room-only reservation at Pop Century for September 21, 2013 ~ September 28, 2013!

If free dining is released again for next year, we'll either upgrade to regular dining or upgrade to a moderate... depending on price differences. *keeping fingers crossed*

It's going to be a surprise birthday trip for my son. He'll be turning 6 years old on the 23rd. WOO HOO!

lauren_elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:57 PM   #446
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

September 2013!!

just received the approval from Husband we are going!!!!
haven't figured out exactly when my kids birthday is the 8th... yet want to go low crowds!
want to start a PTR but a little too soon???
sigh... im a junkie.

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:11 AM   #447
emcclay
Mouseketeer

Unfortunately, my family and I will not be at WDW in January 2013. Instead, we will be there in September 2013. Undetermined where we will be staying. Most likely CSR. But, I want to try BC/YC!

December 2003 - ASMu January 2008 - Wyndham BC October 2011 - CSR March 2012 - CSR January 2014 - BC
emcclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #448
mum2threemonsters
Mouseketeer

Im booked in for August 25th - September 15th at Old Key West - So excited its all I can think about!

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]COLOR]
mum2threemonsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #449
OhStuffandFluff
Mouseketeer

We are planning a trip in early February 2013!! I cannot wait, neither can the kiddos!! I am soooo excited to see all the new updates at Fantasyland!!
OhStuffandFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #450
disneyobessed
DIS Veteran

POR and BLT April 11-20th if the flight prices arnt to bad...

MeDHDSDS
DD Mia
disneyobessed is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: