Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #361
nvsnot
Mouseketeer

Just recently paid the deposit and already i'm having hiccups in the plan . My friend and her daughter may not be able to accompany my daughter and I on the trip. I was really looking forward to having them there with us, but now I may have to take my daughter alone which is frightening me.

June 7-14, 2011 TH Villas
nvsnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #362
nvsnot
Mouseketeer

Ya'll, my travel buddy backed out of the trip because of a "situation" with her daughter. Anywho, i've cancelled my Disney vacation for June 2013 and have booked a Disney cruise for May 2013 instead leaving out of Galveston, TX!

I'll feel more comfortable on a cruise since it'll just be my daughter and I. Happy planning to you all and i'll see you all next time!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #363
nvsnot
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvsnot View Post
Ya'll, my travel buddy backed out of the trip because of a "situation" with her daughter. Anywho, i've cancelled my Disney vacation for June 2013 and have booked a Disney cruise for May 2013 instead leaving out of Galveston, TX!

I'll feel more comfortable on a cruise since it'll just be my daughter and I. Happy planning to you all and i'll see you all next time!!!
Okay, change of plans again. I'd originally cancelled my resort vacation because I was suddenly without a travel buddy, but after hearing that my daughter and I would be cruising alone my mom decided she would come with ! Now we are not only cruising, we are staying at the resort for a few days as well!!!!

So, here are my new plans:
*May 2-5 -- 3 Night - Bahamas Cruise --leaving from Port Canaveral (changed cruise departure port from Galveston, TX)
*May 5-9 -- Port Orleans Riverside--Royal Room-River View

I am beyond excited that i'm going to get back to Disneyworld afterall!!! My mom wasn't in the original plans because she's not really into Disney like my daughter and I. She enjoyed our first stay, but we really wore her out so she was over Disney for awhile. This time I promised that it would be a more relaxing vacation since it would just be the 3 of us.

Let the planning continue!!!!

ETA: Ms Grumpy, please change my resort dates to May 5-9. I'm still at the same resort. Thanks!

Last edited by nvsnot; 04-13-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #364
shine87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Okay, change of plans again. I'd originally cancelled my resort vacation because I was suddenly without a travel buddy, but after hearing that my daughter and I would be cruising alone my mom decided she would come with ! Now we are not only cruising, we are staying at the resort for a few days as well!!!!

*May 2-5 -- 3 Night - Bahamas Cruise --leaving from Port Canaveral (changed cruise departure port from Galveston, TX)

I am beyond excited that i'm going to get back to Disneyworld afterall!!! My mom wasn't in the original plans because she's not really into Disney like my daughter and I. She enjoyed our first stay, but we really wore her out so she was over Disney for awhile. This time I promised that it would be a more relaxing vacation since it would just be the 3 of us.

ETA: Ms Grumpy, please change my resort dates to May 5-9. I'm still at the same resort. Thanks!
Wow! Looks like you've been busy making changes!!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #365
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Wow, that's a lot of plan-changing in just a couple of days! That stinks that your original travel partners couldn't make it, but I'm glad it worked out for you in the end!

Now if 2013 would just hurry up and get here!
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #366
nvsnot
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine87 View Post
Wow! Looks like you've been busy making changes!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Wow, that's a lot of plan-changing in just a couple of days! That stinks that your original travel partners couldn't make it, but I'm glad it worked out for you in the end!

Now if 2013 would just hurry up and get here!
Can you tell i'm just a little impulsive ? Truth be told, I would like to change the cruise to after the resort, but i'm gonna go ahead a leave well enough alone. When/if room-only discounts come out, I may tack on another day or two to our resort stay so that we can take our time in the parks.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #367
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone I will get the list updated soon. We live just outside of Wichita and with all the tornados last night I haven't been on. I had family that got hit so been dealing with that.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:12 AM   #368
Sandy Mouse
distant cousin of Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Grumpy View Post
Hey everyone I will get the list updated soon. We live just outside of Wichita and with all the tornados last night I haven't been on. I had family that got hit so been dealing with that.
Those were horrible storms. I hope everyone is all right.

Sandy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #369
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
hope you are all OK!
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:11 AM   #370
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thinking of you and praying all will be OK

RobinDh Matt ds22 dd14 dd7
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #371
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

We are fine from the storms we didn't have any damage. I know one person who had their house destroyed and had family with some minor damage. Scared the heck out of me though.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #372
dreamsofdisney
Still has a little Mickey Dust sprinkled on her desk from her last trip "home"!

Count us in! I'm excited to be able to start planning our next trip for April 11-20th, 2013, after having to take this year off. We'll be staying at AKV, if all goes well. I might add a day at the beginning or end, as this is the shortest stay we've planned in a while, but DH's work is getting stricter about when they use their vacation time, so we're limited to school vacations. (We usually go the week before or after Spring Break.) It might work out okay, though, because this trip it will just be me, DH and DD. DS is in college so he'll have to miss out on this one. This will be my first trip without him, but he's already talking about a 2015 trip as a grad present!

DH45 ME41 DS20 DD4

1984 off site 1985 off site 6/1999 off site 3/2000 All-Star Movies 5/2001 All-Star Movies 4/2002 All-Star Movies 4/2003 All-Star Movies 2/2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge 10/2005 Honeymoon in Playa del Carmen, Mexico during Hurricane Wilma! 7/2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge 4/2011 Animal Kingdom Villas 10/2013 Animal Kingdom Villas

dreamsofdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #373
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

OK, I think I have everyone added to the list. Just let me know if I have missed someone.

I don't know about all of you but I am getting really anxious to book. Really hope they release the packages in June this year like they did last year. If so I could have a trip booked in 2 months!
Old 04-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #374
shine87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
OK, I think I have everyone added to the list. Just let me know if I have missed someone.

I don't know about all of you but I am getting really anxious to book. Really hope they release the packages in June this year like they did last year. If so I could have a trip booked in 2 months!
I am too!! Of course this will be the year they wait until September to release just because I'm waiting for it!!
Old 04-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #375
pakaramom
Earning My Ears

Hi All - We'll be going April 10 - April 21st and the plan at the moment is to stay at POR!

pakaramom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: