Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #451
PoohBearFriends
DIS Veteran

We got the email and description

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrap View Post
We are staying at the DLH for the first time in March. I've never heard about these before, but they sound like fun! Do you just ask when you check-in?

Our welcome to The Disneyland resort email came five days out. It listed all the different activities and the trivia challenges were for Jungle cruise, Pirates, and Nemo.

It was fun to do last time. I think my Best Friend and I had as much fun as the kids. It has you look at the rides a lot closer.

ME 43: DF 43: DD 14. DD 12 DGP.DGMA
DLR 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010; 2011 & 2013 DLH
WDW 1974, 1980, 1985 (Mom won a trip), 1995, 1999: 2009 and 2014 POR
PoohBearFriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:05 AM   #452
N2IT
Earning My Ears

Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by isisisme View Post
We are staying at DLH right now and got upgraded to a suite. 14th floor in the Frontier tower. It is a corner room do balconies facing the Fantasy tower and the Parks. ( we can see all 4 mountains, the Grizzly peak, Cadillac Range, etc).
The funny thing is that the height of the balconies is kinda freaky to me. Lol. I get nervous out there. :/
Hey Isisisme,
In regards to your post about the room you were upgraded to in the Frontier tower. I have booked a two bedroom suite for our April trip. I am wondering if yours was a two bedroom suite.
This is all new to me as I have not been to the park in 40 years but we are taking our kids and granddaughter for a 4 night stay. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks for your time,
N2IT
N2IT is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 04:53 AM   #453
isisisme
Pomme Frites and Mint Julip? yes please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2IT

Hey Isisisme,
In regards to your post about the room you were upgraded to in the Frontier tower. I have booked a two bedroom suite for our April trip. I am wondering if yours was a two bedroom suite.
This is all new to me as I have not been to the park in 40 years but we are taking our kids and granddaughter for a 4 night stay. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks for your time,
N2IT
It was two rooms, not two bedrooms.
When you walked in the door, there was a 1/2 bath to the left, a small kitchen-y area (fridge, sink, counters/drawers galore, coffee maker). Then the living room with a pull out bed/sofa, tv, desk, sitting chair. Two balconies were off this room.
Then there was a door and the actual king size bed bedroom, with a full bath and another balcony.
When I should actually be up (and not having insomnia) I will see if I can get the pics off my phone and upload them.

We did not pull out the soda bed, but the sofa did prompt my husband to fall asleep watching tv one day.
isisisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:59 AM   #454
isisisme
Pomme Frites and Mint Julip? yes please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids
Has anyone here ever stayed in one of the two bedroom suites at DLH? We just booked it for Aug and I can't find any photos of it online. We have stayed in DLH once before but booked two connecting rooms. I didn't want to risk us not being together this summer (figure it is such a busy time and they don't guarantee the connecting rooms might as well go for the sure thing this time!) We stayed in the one bedroom at GC 2 years ago and it wasn't that large my TA said the 2 bedroom is larger although she didn't know how much larger or what the set up was. Is there a view from the room? Does anyone know which tower it is in? OR does every tower have one? Just curious. And thanks!!
I just posted about the two room suite we had in Oct. it was in Frontier. I'll see about finally posting pics when it's a decent hour.
isisisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #455
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the restrooms by the pools have showers in them? We have a really late flight out of LAX on our last day (10pm). I am wondering if the kids can swim that afternoon before we fly out. We won't still have our room as check out is at 11pm and I would need a place for them to change and clean up before our trip to the airport. A day swimming might help then sleep on the red-eye (long flight) home! Thank you!

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #456
Virgoinab
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2IT View Post
Hey Isisisme,
Thanks for your time,
N2IT
I have stayed in the two bedroom suites a couple of times.

Both times in the Frontier tower. They are located at the end of the halls. You enter through a set of double door's first, then on either side you then have the doors to enter the rooms.

On one side is a room (the one's we stayed in) with a king bed, daybed couch, bathroom. It's pretty much a standard room, but with window's on two walls, and a balcony. Very spacious.

The second room on the left is more spacious, it has the half bath, living room, balcony, kitchen area with a sink & small fridge, and a breakfast bar.

Through that room is the master bed. Very spacious, and the bathroom has double sinks.

We love the two bedroom suites as they suite our family well, we have also on one occasion added the third bedroom, which was connected to the smaller bedroom through a door. That was a standard room with two queens.

What was nice is just keeping the doors propped open during the day so it became very open.
DL PPH Feb 2005
WDW GFH Sugar Loaf villa Feb 2008
DL DLH Wedding Dec 2011
DL DLH June 2012
DL DLH Oct 2012 Did two MHP! Great time!
DL DLH Christmas week Dec 2012
DL DLH Royal Suite April 2013
DL DLH 1 Bdrm Suite Sep 2013

WDW PORS Sep 5 - Sep 11 2014
Virgoinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #457
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgoinab View Post
I have stayed in the two bedroom suites a couple of times.

Both times in the Frontier tower. They are located at the end of the halls. You enter through a set of double door's first, then on either side you then have the doors to enter the rooms.

On one side is a room (the one's we stayed in) with a king bed, daybed couch, bathroom. It's pretty much a standard room, but with window's on two walls, and a balcony. Very spacious.

The second room on the left is more spacious, it has the half bath, living room, balcony, kitchen area with a sink & small fridge, and a breakfast bar.

Through that room is the master bed. Very spacious, and the bathroom has double sinks.

We love the two bedroom suites as they suite our family well, we have also on one occasion added the third bedroom, which was connected to the smaller bedroom through a door. That was a standard room with two queens.

What was nice is just keeping the doors propped open during the day so it became very open.
Thank you for this. It is very helpful. I reserved a two bedroom this time for our trip in August hoping it would be quite a bit larger than the one bedroom we had last time. Sounds like it is. Thanks again!

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #458
jessinabox
Earning My Ears

I tried to read through as many pages as possible so forgive me if this question has already been addressed numerous times. Does anyone know what the general pool hours in March are? Our trip is coming up soon and I'd like to plan accordingly. Thanks!

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes."

ME DH DD (4) DS (22 months)
jessinabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #459
SixteenFeet
Earning My Ears

We just got back from 5 nights here for the first time. I am sure some of these have been addressed but I thought I'd just jot them down here in case it helps someone!

Von's does deliver. DLH staff even carted up our groceries for us since we got the free case of water (which we used up entirely) and paper towels (which were very useful but we had lots left over) for being new to sign up for Von's delivery (we tipped them). We did not test out the "hotel staff will keep food in a cooler until you pick it up" though. We were there when the groceries were delivered. I actually wouldn't recommend trying it - the bell stand was BUSY ALL THE TIME and I wouldn't trust that the staff would be able to make sure your food stays cold. Just schedule the delivery time for when you will be there.

The "dorm fridge" is SMALL. Smaller than an average dorm fridge, I would say. But, incredibly useful. Here is what we were able to fit (and not much more will fit):
  • 1 half gallon of orange juice (there is space for a single half-gallon carton in the door)
  • 1 half gallon of grapefruit juice (laid sideways in the main compartment)
  • 1 quart of milk (in the door)
  • Pack of salami
  • Pack of snack cheeses (to go with salami on crackers)
  • small tub of hummus
  • package of baby carrots
The freezer is big enough to stick 2 of the SMALL freezer packs, but not much else. In addition, we got a bunch of non-perishables (granola bars, cereal, bananas, apples, crackers) and saved a bunch of $$ on breakfast/snacks. We even made a dinner out of the carrot sticks, crackers/salami/cheese, and fruit on one night. Don't forget to bring things like disposable bowls and spoons (paper towels double as plates). We forgot those things and therefore couldn't eat cereal with milk. If you're traveling with young kids, I'd throw a stack of plastic disposable cups into your suitcase as well - for brushing teeth and for rinsing hair in the bathtub, etc. The room only has 2 paper coffee cups that will fall apart in the bath, and 4 glass cups which you don't want your kids using for teeth brushing at the granite countertops/sinks!

We were in the Adventure tower (by request), park view, 9th floor (I requested a floor on the higher levels) and had a FABULOUS view of the fireworks which was great becaues the kids were so tired they were already in bed, and we could just wake them up to watch and then put them back in bed! We could also see WOC, though only the higher jets of water and of course not the music Also, there is lots of live music in DTD that you can totally hear from the hotel. They will play music well into the evening...until 9 or 10pm. So if this is a concern for you, consider rooms facing the pool instead (though I bet you'd still be able to hear it somewhat). Our kids were so tired it didn't matter. And, I was pleased with how well the sound insulation of the rooms was. The doors are heavy, and walls seem thick. We didn't hear a peep from anyone else during our stay, and could only hear crying babies when out in the hallway. It was so nice!

We had a room with the pull-out and 2 queen beds. Nice size room for two adults and two 4yos!! Anything smaller would've been too small so I am glad we chose DLH over the Grand Californian. My only beef was that there was no small breakfast table and chairs so us adults ate breakfast on the sofa while the kids ate breakfast on the floor. If you're a germaphobe, go downstairs and grab several pool towels to sit your kids on the floor for meals and snacks. That worked great.

We ordered from Marri's one night. It was OK. I wasn't a huge fan of the pizza - the crust is really thick and dough-y and therefore one personal-size pizza is HUGE. We ordered way too much food.

We were able to swim in early February even though it was "only" in the 60s. Plan to swim in the middle of the afternoon when the sun is highest/hottest if you go during the winter months. Anytime between noon and 4pm is good because the sun keeps things plenty warm, and the water is heated enough to be comfortable - we all got into the pool and had fun. As soon as the sun STARTS to go down in the late afternoon, things get chilly really fast. That's when you head over to the hot tubs We saw people swimming at all hours of the day, including first thing in the morning and late at night (which would've been too chilly for me, but for those wanting to swim laps for a work-out while the pools are not crowded, it's totally do-able). They do close the slides at the shallow play pool early. I think 5pm? They close the big pools at 10pm I believe. No idea when the pools open but we always saw people in the pool as we were leaving around 8am to get to the parks. The pools are worth staying at DLH

They DO NOT have stepstools and do not offer them any more because they have been deemed a "safety hazard". We were able to make do because the girls figured out how to use the bottom shelf (where extra towels are stored) as a kind of "step" and climb up well enough to reach the sink for handwashing so that we didn't constantly have to help. Turning a trash can upside-down wouldn't have worked well. So if this is a big deal for you, consider bringing a folding stepstool.

Anyway, we'd totally stay here again if we splurge on hotel in the future. It was a great stay and picky DH was happy about it too!

Last edited by SixteenFeet; 02-19-2013 at 10:41 AM.
SixteenFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #460
CaliDisneyMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixteenFeet View Post
We just got back from 5 nights here for the first time. We were in the Adventure tower (by request), park view, 9th floor (I requested a floor on the higher levels)
May I ask what type of room you reserved? I ask because we have a Deluxe View Room reserved for next month and there's been some confusion on what that means. I was told lower level pool side, but others have been told pool OR DTD between the third and sixth floors. Thanks!

Upcoming: Dec. 2013

CaliDisneyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #461
SixteenFeet
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDisneyMama View Post
May I ask what type of room you reserved? I ask because we have a Deluxe View Room reserved for next month and there's been some confusion on what that means. I was told lower level pool side, but others have been told pool OR DTD between the third and sixth floors. Thanks!
We booked premium (which is a step up from deluxe)..at least that's what I have in my notes. However, I am also confused because when we got our final bill, it was nowhere near what the premium room should have cost. To me it looks like we paid for a deluxe room. And, I have no idea if perhaps we were upgraded to a premium room for the deluxe price but if we were, the CM said nothing about it. The bill says nothing about the price level of our room either so I'm confused!

If it helps, we were in the Adventure Tower, 9th floor, room 2763, park view (so from our room which looked straight out the back towards DL/CA, we could see DL on the left side and CA on the right). Perfect view of fireworks off to the left, no trees to obstruct. So maybe you can ask about the price level for the rooms along that side. I imagine that the rooms a few levels down would've had a great view too, and if I remember right there were 11 stories so the top levels I think are the concierge levels.
SixteenFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #462
RalphMouth
Obviously freaky things always can happen beyond anyones control
It's a blast.......you'll love it !!

Probably addressed somewhere earlier but can't find the answer....
how long a walk is it from the Adventure Tower to bag check of either DL or DCA ?
RalphMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #463
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphMouth View Post
Probably addressed somewhere earlier but can't find the answer....
how long a walk is it from the Adventure Tower to bag check of either DL or DCA ?
depending on how fast you walk and crowds...we can make it in about 10-15 minutes!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #464
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

I have a question about Trader Sam's...is this a restaurant where it is necessary to have a reservation for? We are thinking of dining here on our arrival day for lunch, but don't want to make a reservation because I am not sure exactly when we will get to the resort, also we will be coming off of a 4 and half our flight so I am sure we all will be starving by then and won't want to wait too long to get seated. Also, is there seating anywhere outside the restaurant where if our kids wanted to swim and DH and I wanted to sit and have a drink, while keeping an eye on them, we could? Thank you for your help
Old 02-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #465
Fivers
Mouseketeer

I ate there on my last trip at the end of January for dinner, and it wasn't too busy. I think it tends to get busier later in the evening, but I don't think that you'll need a reservation for lunch (someone please correct me if I'm wrong!). There's not a huge amount of seating inside, but there's outdoor seating as well. The outdoor seating is near(ish) to the pool, but doesn't really face it, and if I remember correctly you can't really see the pool from there.

The other option is Tangaroa Terrace, which I believe does face the pool (the entrance does at least), but you still won't get a great view I don't think. If your kids are older it might work, but if you want to keep a close eye on them I don't think it will work very well.

Not sure how much help I was, I'm sure someone can chime in with more detailed info. Have a great trip!
Fivers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anaheim, california, disneyland hotel, disneyland resort, faq

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: