Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #406
8lovesmickey
I'm movin' on, say goodbye to me...down at the Laughin' Place is where I'll be!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot

No, they don't all have them. We have stayed at DLH twice and both times didn't get a couch in the room, because we are a family of 3. I imagine they first go to families that don't simply fit in the two beds; I'd probably see if you could request one of those rooms.
We had a room in July with two queen beds and no pull-out. But...there were only two of us, so that could have mattered. We were in the Fantasy building with a pool view (bonus-didn't pay for that )

Disneyland Hotel Disney's Grand Californian Paradise Pier Hotel All Star Sports
Port Orleans French Quarter Pop Century Beach Club
8lovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #407
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Another thread has noted that new thermostats are being installed, that automatically shut of the air conditioning.
In some cases while guests are still in the room

I have not encountered one of these thermostats, but a solution was posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtfox View Post
Hold the temp down button and the system power button simultaneously. "BP" will display on the screen. The motion sensor requirement is now bypassed for 24 hours. Enjoy!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 01:20 PM   #408
Jedi5
Star Wars Geek

Dumb question here...

On the Disney site to reserve a room at the DLH, what is the difference between Resort View and Upper Level Resort View?
Is it the obvious that you are one or more floors higher?

Is the Upper level a larger room? Does one have a balcony and the other does not?

Thanks.
Jedi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:58 PM   #409
Mel522
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi5 View Post
Dumb question here...

On the Disney site to reserve a room at the DLH, what is the difference between Resort View and Upper Level Resort View?
Is it the obvious that you are one or more floors higher?

Is the Upper level a larger room? Does one have a balcony and the other does not?

Thanks.
Just higher up. I think upper level resort view is above the 7th floor, and resort view is below. The rooms are not larger or anything.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #410
Nonsuch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does one have a balcony and the other does not?
Very few rooms have balconies, only the rooms on the ends and top floor of the Frontier Tower.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #411
Jedi5
Star Wars Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel522 View Post
Just higher up. I think upper level resort view is above the 7th floor, and resort view is below.
You are correct, upper level begins on the 7th floor.
Thanks for the help!

Does anyone know how the Expedia room description lines up with the Disney room description?

Would the premium view (Expedia) be the same as the upper level view (Disney)? Premium view on Expedia states it has a balcony. I can't find anything on the Disney site that says if the upper level view has a balcony or not.

Both sites have standard and concierge rooms so i'm guessing that premium and upper level view are the same??
Jedi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #412
Sgtfox
Earning My Ears

Quote:
You are correct, upper level begins on the 7th floor.
Thanks for the help!

Does anyone know how the Expedia room description lines up with the Disney room description?

Would the premium view (Expedia) be the same as the upper level view (Disney)? Premium view on Expedia states it has a balcony. I can't find anything on the Disney site that says if the upper level view has a balcony or not.

Both sites have standard and concierge rooms so i'm guessing that premium and upper level view are the same??
Just left the Resort. Had a premium upper level room. It was in the Adventure tower on the 8th floor looking East over the resort. It was the last room on the south end. No balcony, but an incredible view!
Sgtfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #413
isisisme
Pomme Frites and Mint Julip? yes please!!

We are staying at DLH right now and got upgraded to a suite. 14th floor in the Frontier tower. It is a corner room do balconies facing the Fantasy tower and the Parks. ( we can see all 4 mountains, the Grizzly peak, Cadillac Range, etc).
The funny thing is that the height of the balconies is kinda freaky to me. Lol. I get nervous out there. :/
isisisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:31 AM   #414
Imoutnumbered
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by isisisme
We are staying at DLH right now and got upgraded to a suite. 14th floor in the Frontier tower. It is a corner room do balconies facing the Fantasy tower and the Parks. ( we can see all 4 mountains, the Grizzly peak, Cadillac Range, etc).
The funny thing is that the height of the balconies is kinda freaky to me. Lol. I get nervous out there. :/
How did you get upgraded?
Imoutnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:24 AM   #415
igo4yellin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by isisisme View Post
I'm also in the Frontier Tower, 6 floors lower than you, with a balcony facing the same way. I think that even the height from HERE is a little bit disturbing!

Oh also - my room was extremely hot ... thank you to whoever posted that bypass!
igo4yellin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #416
krilyn430
Earning My Ears

We won our trip and it was booked thru Disney Promotions. I'm just trying to figure out if we'll have a mini-fridge and a coffee maker in our room. I'm pretty sure it's just a standard room. TIA!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #417
Mel522
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krilyn430 View Post
We won our trip and it was booked thru Disney Promotions. I'm just trying to figure out if we'll have a mini-fridge and a coffee maker in our room. I'm pretty sure it's just a standard room. TIA!
Congratulations! Standard rooms have both a coffee maker and a mini-fridge.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #418
krilyn430
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel522 View Post
Congratulations! Standard rooms have both a coffee maker and a mini-fridge.
Thanks!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #419
pixleyyy
DIS Veteran

We're staying at the BWPPI in December. I'm wondering if someone has suggestions for room requests? I'd like to not be on the far side of the hotel. We have a mini-suite, if that matters.

Also, has anyone had the hotel hold their luggage when they arrive. Our plane arrives around 9am, so we're expecting to be at the hotel by 11am. We just want to make sure we have a place to put all our luggage, as we won't have a car to store it in until our room is ready.

Thanks!
pixleyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #420
Mel522
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixleyyy View Post
We're staying at the BWPPI in December. I'm wondering if someone has suggestions for room requests? I'd like to not be on the far side of the hotel. We have a mini-suite, if that matters.

Also, has anyone had the hotel hold their luggage when they arrive. Our plane arrives around 9am, so we're expecting to be at the hotel by 11am. We just want to make sure we have a place to put all our luggage, as we won't have a car to store it in until our room is ready.

Thanks!
This thread is just for the Disneyland Hotel, so you'll have better luck creating a new thread with your question.

Tags
anaheim, california, disneyland hotel, disneyland resort, faq

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: