Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #331
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Queen View Post
Sorry for the tardy response July2011. I haven't looked at this thread for a while. I'd say that looking to book so far out means that you are not going to know what kind of promo (4th night free or EMH or whatever) Disney is running for July 2013. They usually do not start publicizing their summer on-property hotel deals/incentives until mid to late spring. I am a AAA member and typically use them to book my on-property hotel and park hopper packages and find they offer competitive deals (though I've heard Costco is good too.) Also, in the past if I've booked early w/ AAA and find out subsequently that a lower price deal is being offered by Disney (its usually been something like 4th night free rather than drop on nightly rate) then I call AAA, and they get me that cheaper deal and adjust my package price. Hope this helps.
Any idea what kind of discount you usually get with AAA? We're going this Dec & I still need to book. Thanks!
Old 08-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #332
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

I really don't think there are going to be anymore really good deals for peak season, unless the economy really tanks over the next year. You can book a room now, and keep watching, if you find something comes up you can always call in to change it. we paid $463 a night (with tax) with our annual pass discount this July. a standard view room last week of august and early september midweek is showing at the annual passholder site at $216 before tax, upper view is $266.

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #333
smiley_face2

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
Any idea what kind of discount you usually get with AAA? We're going this Dec & I still need to book. Thanks!
just an FYI on the annual passholder calendar which only goes to the end of November, the last week of november sun-thurs, standard view room at DLH is $293, weekend is $392, view is $324 weekday and $427 weekend, prices should be similar for December with lower rates first week or maybe 2 of December, and closer to Christmas high rates all week long.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #334
focusondisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
just an FYI on the annual passholder calendar which only goes to the end of November, the last week of november sun-thurs, standard view room at DLH is $293, weekend is $392, view is $324 weekday and $427 weekend, prices should be similar for December with lower rates first week or maybe 2 of December, and closer to Christmas high rates all week long.
Thanks! We are going the first week. Guess I need to just call & price it out already.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:01 PM   #335
Congo Queen
DLand Devotee Since 1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
Oops - apologies if I misunderstood when you are traveling. So I just went on AAA site and looked up prices for week of December 10th (just picked it as random Dec week) and they are offering $325 per night at DLH. I have not seen anything close to $200 a night during peak season at DLH for awhile (not since economy tanked). For example this summer's promo was stay on-property and get EMH. There was no extra hotel night free or extra parkhopper day free offered like in seasons past. Good luck with your reservations.
Congo Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #336
july2011
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sorry for the tardy response July2011. I haven't looked at this thread for a while. I'd say that looking to book so far out means that you are not going to know what kind of promo (4th night free or EMH or whatever) Disney is running for July 2013. They usually do not start publicizing their summer on-property hotel deals/incentives until mid to late spring. I am a AAA member and typically use them to book my on-property hotel and park hopper packages and find they offer competitive deals (though I've heard Costco is good too.) Also, in the past if I've booked early w/ AAA and find out subsequently that a lower price deal is being offered by Disney (its usually been something like 4th night free rather than drop on nightly rate) then I call AAA, and they get me that cheaper deal and adjust my package price. Hope this helps.
Thanks Congo Queen!! You've given me a little hope that there will be potential discounts in the future (but of course I won't count on it!!) Already called AAA and they didn't have anything special that we would use yet but will keep tabs on them & Costco as well. Thanks again!!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:34 AM   #337
PrincessIM
Mouseketeer

You can also call Disney Reservations and get your discount through them which we have done on our last two trips. I book my airfare & hotel separately. If I remember correctly, I believe the CM told me it's 10 % off.
PrincessIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #338
Zbugz
Thinking about In n Out Burgers and Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessIM View Post
You can also call Disney Reservations and get your discount through them which we have done on our last two trips. I book my airfare & hotel separately. If I remember correctly, I believe the CM told me it's 10 % off.
10% off is correct.
Zbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #339
darcie2000
Mouseketeer

Hi there. I have a couple of questions if someone is able to answer them

We are staying at the DLH for 8 nights next May and I was wondering about the laundry facilities there. So far I know they close at 10pm. What time does the laundry open? Are there many washers and dryers? Is there a better time of day to go to avoid crowding? We are a family of 3 adults and 4 children so I am thinking we will be spending alot of time doing laundry lol.

Also I read on Allears that there is a complimentary coffee service in the lobby of the Magic Tower. Would that be part of the concierge service or is it for ALL DLH guests?

Has anyone used the Pinnochios workshop for their children? If so, did your children enjoy it? I noticed there is a cut off age of 12 years, just wondering if they would strictly enforce it ( eldest child is 13 ).

Thank you in advance
darcie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #340
cgh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcie2000 View Post
Hi there. I have a couple of questions if someone is able to answer them

We are staying at the DLH for 8 nights next May and I was wondering about the laundry facilities there. So far I know they close at 10pm. What time does the laundry open? Are there many washers and dryers? Is there a better time of day to go to avoid crowding? We are a family of 3 adults and 4 children so I am thinking we will be spending alot of time doing laundry lol.

Also I read on Allears that there is a complimentary coffee service in the lobby of the Magic Tower. Would that be part of the concierge service or is it for ALL DLH guests?

Has anyone used the Pinnochios workshop for their children? If so, did your children enjoy it? I noticed there is a cut off age of 12 years, just wondering if they would strictly enforce it ( eldest child is 13 ).

Thank you in advance
The laundry facilities are atrocious. For all of the DLH there are 5 washers and 6 dryers in a tiny room. We went in the middle of the day in summer and I had to wait 30 minutes to get a washer. Then, another 15 minutes or so to get another. I started laundry at 1:30 (meaning I got to the laundry room) and finished at 4 with some clothes still a little damp. We had dinner reservations at Goofy's kitchen. This was also when it was 95. Someone said night was better. (though I guess morning would be good too as most people I think would be in the park).

We did have a situation with someone who left their laundry in there hours on end and nobody wanted to touch it until I gently encouraged them to do something. Back from my college days, the laundry etiquette was leave your laundry more then 10 minutes it would show up on a dryer. So, be cautious.

Oh, and the laundry room has no seating. You can wait outside sitting on a wall.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #341
BriannaRuth
Mouseketeer

We were just there -- the laundry room is very small, 5 washers and 6 driers sounds about right. And these are not the large commercial washers and driers that can hold a ton of stuff. They were small.

Maybe I was just lucky, but all the machines were free when I did my laundry. It was about 6pm at night during the week. No place to sit, so I put my laundry in, then went over to Trader Sam's and had a cocktail. The washers take 30 minutes and the dryers run for 45.

Cost was $2 for wash, $2 for dry, $1 for soap. And I would caution that the dryers dry VERY HOT. I put one load on normal and my clothes were very hot to the touch when I took them out.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #342
focusondisney

Quote:
Oops - apologies if I misunderstood when you are traveling. So I just went on AAA site and looked up prices for week of December 10th (just picked it as random Dec week) and they are offering $325 per night at DLH. I have not seen anything close to $200 a night during peak season at DLH for awhile (not since economy tanked). For example this summer's promo was stay on-property and get EMH. There was no extra hotel night free or extra parkhopper day free offered like in seasons past. Good luck with your reservations.
Thanks! Sorry I didn't see your reply sooner but I apreciate your help. I finally had tme to call--AAA is indeed 10%. I have a theme park view, upper level room on hold. Price is $2053 including tax. I will keep my eye out for any promos, but like all of you, I don't think any will come. I am so used to booking WDW 6 or more months ahead with discounts, not being booked was killing me. I know should have ordered the DVD or played on the website awhile trying for a PIN, but I did not want to risk there not even being a AAA rate available. I don't think I have ever paid rack rate at any Disney hotel, don't want to start now!
Old 09-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #343
AZwldcats
Mouseketeer

2 Questions....

I Have a reservation for the first week of October thru the Gay Days rate.

1. Do you pay for the whole week at checkin or at checkout?

2. Can you get a crib/playpen for my 1yo? Would save me a lot oh hassle if I don;t have to bring one. with us.
AZwldcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #344
smiley_face2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZwldcats View Post
2 Questions....

I Have a reservation for the first week of October thru the Gay Days rate.

1. Do you pay for the whole week at checkin or at checkout?

2. Can you get a crib/playpen for my 1yo? Would save me a lot oh hassle if I don;t have to bring one. with us.
All the rooms have a pac n play in the closet along with extra blankets

Old 09-07-2012, 01:34 AM   #345
PrincessIM
Mouseketeer

Back from our trip and I thought I would post about our stay. We had booked a standard room with a request for the Adventure tower. Travelling with two other families, I didn't think our request would be granted but not only did they put us all next to and across from each other but two of the rooms were upgraded to a pool view and all in the Adventure Tower. The third room was quite nice too as it faced Downtown Disney and although you couldn't see anything, there were plenty of trees and it looked like you were looking out into a jungle, quite fitting for the Adventure Tower. The rooms are quite a bit larger than the GCH rooms and there was a sofa that became a bed easily accomodating a 5 person. The kids really enjoyed the lights above the bed. One thing I didn't like is the tower is open to just anyone walking off the street. I don't remember if it was at the GCH or in Hawaii but you had to slide your hotel card in order for the elevator to take you to your floor. I wish the DLH had that too. I will say that unfortunately, I was a little disappointed in the customer service department. Staying at the DLH, I was expecting a little more "Disney spirit" but to tell you the truth, I got more of the "disney spirit" when we stayed at the GCH and PP. The only exception was the CM who checked us in.....she was great! Warning......if you are planning on using the wake up call don't bother pressing the wake up call button, just call the operator and set it up. I tried setting it up twice and received no wake up call despite the system confirming the time. The third day I decided to go to the front desk and mention that I didn't get a wake up call. I was told they would check into it for me. Didn't hear back so tried setting up for a 3rd morning and again it didn't work. I went back down and just mentioned it again that it wasn't working and the excuse I was given after the CM checked with someone on the phone was "oh, I wasn't aware of this but you have to set up your wake up call through the operator, all the hotels do that". I told the CM that what was the point of having a wake up call button if the wake up call had to be set up through the operator. If that was the case then they should have a note somewhere in the room stating that. I told her I have stayed at the GCH and PP and have set up my wake calls in the same way. Anyways, I was pleasant even though it was the stupidest thing I had ever heard. Later that day, I was still thinking about it and realized that I wasnt satisfied with the explanation I was given so I went back down to the front desk and this time asked for a supervisor or manager. A lovely CM came out and introduced herself and I explained the situation. I made the suggestion that maybe for future guests checking in, it could be mentioned to them that their wake up call button doesn't work or at the very least a note on the phone. She apologized on behalf of the CM and said she would be speaking to her and gave me a fast pass to any ride for my party. I was very surprised as I wasn't expecting anything. Just a warning for anyone that might be relying on a wake up call. The pool area was great. Managed to find chairs everyday even on the busy marathon weekend. A common complaint from alot of the guests was the Bar/food service was really slow...not enough waiters. Overall we enjoyed our stayed, just expected a little more "Disney Magic" being that it was the DLH.
PrincessIM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anaheim, california, disneyland hotel, disneyland resort, faq

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: