Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #316
dana278
Mouseketeer

Nevermind!

Last edited by dana278; 08-06-2012 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Found answer elsewhere.
dana278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #317
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana278 View Post
Thanks for the pics!

I have another question that I was hoping someone could help me with. I was reminded of it when I saw the photo above where it explains parking, and how your room key is your parking permit.

I'll be visiting the DLH with my mom in September. I made the room reservation for 2 people, and we'll be self parking one car. However, my brother lives in the area, and since we're allowed 2 cars for that $15 charge I was going to have him park in the hotel lot when he comes to meet up with us each day. When I check in, will it be a problem getting a third key for him? I can't imagine that it would, because I'm playing around with pricing online and prices are the same whether you choose 2 or 3 adults, so I'm sure it'll be fine. And will he be able to get INTO the lot to meet us for the first time (so I can then give him the key) or will I need to figure out how to meet up with him somewhere else first?

Oh and don't worry, I'm not trying to rip DL off and get out of paying for his parking. He works there so he can park for free anyways. LOL I just thought it'd be better for him to be able to meet us in the hotel or at our room instead of somewhere outside at the park.

Thank you!
I can answer this because we did something like this when I was there last week. My DH and I had one car to park , but my in-laws were meeting us at the hotel prior to dining at Napa Rose. We explained the situation to the front desk CM and they gave us an extra key for the room, no problem. You only need the key upon exit, so it worked out great. My in-laws flashed the room key and were let out, no muss and no fuss.
ArchOwl is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #318
Purple Opal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
I am pretty sure that is why we did not have one, as I have seen recent pictures of the rooms with the small sofa in them
Thank you!! These are fantastic photos and I will be adding them to the front of the thread.

One quick question for you Smiley Face: do you remember which room you were in?

A very overdue Holiday TR ~ A toddler, a reunion & Thanksgiving.
Purple Opal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #319
Purple Opal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchOwl View Post
Stayed at the DLH from 7/29-8/2. Had a lovely stay, although I think the Grand is our favorite.

The Extra Magic Hour was so great! I am so glad we decided to stay on site this time.

Including some of the check in materials which list some of the events that are available at the DLH. On our check in day, they were showing Ratatouille on the Magic Kingdom Lawn, which our check in CM said was a new thing they were doing. It is called "A Magical Nights at the Movies". We didn't go, but she did say we were welcome to bring drinks and enjoy.
This is terrific! Thanks for posting these ArchOwl; I will add them to the front of the thread, as they are much more recent than the ones I originally posted.

A very overdue Holiday TR ~ A toddler, a reunion & Thanksgiving.
Purple Opal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #320
coopersmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Stayed at the DLH from 7/29-8/2. Had a lovely stay, although I think the Grand is our favorite.

Can you elaborate on why you prefer the Grand to the renovated Disneyland Hotel? We currently have Grand reservations but I'm still tempted to change them to the DLH, both for cost reasons and because the rooms just seem so much nicer to me.
coopersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #321
dana278
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I can answer this because we did something like this when I was there last week. My DH and I had one car to park , but my in-laws were meeting us at the hotel prior to dining at Napa Rose. We explained the situation to the front desk CM and they gave us an extra key for the room, no problem. You only need the key upon exit, so it worked out great. My in-laws flashed the room key and were let out, no muss and no fuss.
Thanks for the reply! Sorry I didn't see this earlier. You must've been replying just as I was editing to say didn't need to know the answer after all. But I should've just left it up originally because it'll be helpful for other people in the future.
dana278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #322
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Opal View Post
Thank you!! These are fantastic photos and I will be adding them to the front of the thread.

One quick question for you Smiley Face: do you remember which room you were in?
one thing I learned while there, is the first 2 numbers of your room number make up the floor you are on. like room 2410 - 2+4=6th floor. she actually had to explain it a couple of times before I got it!

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #323
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Opal View Post
This is terrific! Thanks for posting these ArchOwl; I will add them to the front of the thread, as they are much more recent than the ones I originally posted.
No problem! I hope someone finds them helpful. I think watching a Disney movie at the Disneyland Hotel sounds like fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopersmom View Post
Can you elaborate on why you prefer the Grand to the renovated Disneyland Hotel? We currently have Grand reservations but I'm still tempted to change them to the DLH, both for cost reasons and because the rooms just seem so much nicer to me.
Hmmm...I think hotel choices are so personal, but I will try! The DLH was nice, but the rooms just felt like normal hotel rooms to me. I preferred the style and theming of the Grand rooms to the DLH. I also felt like the Grand was more luxurious, with better housekeeping and service. And location, location, location! If I am going to spend the money to stay on site, I will probably go for the Grand because it is just so close. Our opinion may differ from others, however, because we don't have kids and I hear the kids really prefer the pools at DLH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana278 View Post
Thanks for the reply! Sorry I didn't see this earlier. You must've been replying just as I was editing to say didn't need to know the answer after all. But I should've just left it up originally because it'll be helpful for other people in the future.
Sorry! I didn't even notice that your post disappeared! I can edit out your question if you prefer, just let me know. Although someone may find it helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
one thing I learned while there, is the first 2 numbers of your room number make up the floor you are on. like room 2410 - 2+4=6th floor. she actually had to explain it a couple of times before I got it!
Lol, we stayed on the 6th floor in the Frontier Tower and our room number began with a "24" as well. Thanks for explaining that, DH and I were racking our brains!
ArchOwl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:51 AM   #324
PrinceOfPeace
Mouseketeer

Question DLH....life jackets for kids? & Water slide question.

Just wondering if there are life jackets for kids at the DLH.

Also can my 4 year old and 2 year old, get on the waterslide with me?

Thanks
Old 08-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #325
bibbidibobbidibecky
The Fairy Godblogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfPeace View Post

Thanks
They have plenty of life jackets. However, when we were there last month they were only allowing one person on the slide at a time.

DCL: 2014 Greek Isles out of Venice, 2011 Med out of Barcelona, 2009 4-night Wonder.
WDW: 2014 Jan., 2012 Oct., 2011 Oct., 2010 Oct., 2009 Dec., 2008 Oct., 2008 May, 2006 Oct., 1997 April, 1996 April, 1993 Feb., 1992 Feb., 1980s various trips, 1977 First trip.
DL California 2012: http://thefairygodblogger.blogspot.c...0Report%202012
DL Paris 2014
: http://thefairygodblogger.blogspot.c...eyland%20Paris
bibbidibobbidibecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #326
BriannaRuth
Mouseketeer

Do all the rooms at DLH have refrigerators/mini bars? If so, is there a freezer or just the frig? The website says they have have refrigerators but then doesn't actually list them in the room amenities section, so it's a little confusing. Thanks!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:32 AM   #327
smiley_face2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfPeace View Post

Thanks
Yes they have life jackets, and the little slide, is a side by side so you can either have the 2 kids go down together, or you can go down beside them one at a time. you can see it in this picture. Our grandson will be 3 at the very end of October, and after a day he was so used to the area, he would go around up the short little set of steps and come down the water slide by himself while mommy waited, there is an attendant at the top of the slide to assist them etc. that's my daughter there (expecting 2nd one) and our grandson (he is wearing one of the hotel life jackets)

Old 08-13-2012, 03:40 AM   #328
smiley_face2

Quote:
Lol, we stayed on the 6th floor in the Frontier Tower and our room number began with a "24" as well. Thanks for explaining that, DH and I were racking our brains!
We took a walk around the grounds and for anyone questioning staying in either the adventure tower or the fantasy tower over the frontier to be closer to the entrance into downtown disney, seriously it is about a 45 second difference! and the landscaping is so beautiful!! The frontier tower is the only tower with any balconies now, and I know that some of them are connecting suites with the king bed in one room, and I have read somewhere that someone requested to stay in that room and were able to, and the picture posted of the view off the balcony and the lovely furniture they had to sit on, was awesome! next trip when it's just hubby and myself, I will be requesting that tower and room and I can just imagine sitting on that balcony by the little water fall with all that nice vegetation, sipping a nice drink

Old 08-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #329
july2011
Mouseketeer

Hi! I am really wanting to stay at DLH next July and have been scouring these boards but cannot find quite what I'm wondering so thought I'd post here :-)

The current price listed is over $400 per night for a standard room (I'm looking at July 25-29, 2013) and if you request a high-level resort view it's over $500 per night pre-tax. Is this typical? I've seen a couple of other posts where people are quoting prices under $200 per night so I'm not sure if I'm just looking too early or if there's that big of a difference in summer vs. other times.

Any recommendations for the best strategy to get a better price? Should I join AAA? Or should I get 1 annual pass so I can get a discount? I'm assuming that they'll offer AP discounts and that the $200 price difference for my AP would be offset by a significant enough hotel savings plus we'd get restaurant discounts but is that normally the case for summer vacations? And do I go ahead and book the room now so we can get what we want (do they sell out - specifically the resort view upper level) and hope for a discount/deal/AP savings or do I wait? I'm just kind of ready to get the ball rolling but want to do the smart thing.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #330
Congo Queen
DLand Devotee Since 1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by july2011 View Post
Hi! I am really wanting to stay at DLH next July and have been scouring these boards but cannot find quite what I'm wondering so thought I'd post here :-)

The current price listed is over $400 per night for a standard room (I'm looking at July 25-29, 2013) and if you request a high-level resort view it's over $500 per night pre-tax. Is this typical? I've seen a couple of other posts where people are quoting prices under $200 per night so I'm not sure if I'm just looking too early or if there's that big of a difference in summer vs. other times.

Any recommendations for the best strategy to get a better price? Should I join AAA? Or should I get 1 annual pass so I can get a discount? I'm assuming that they'll offer AP discounts and that the $200 price difference for my AP would be offset by a significant enough hotel savings plus we'd get restaurant discounts but is that normally the case for summer vacations? And do I go ahead and book the room now so we can get what we want (do they sell out - specifically the resort view upper level) and hope for a discount/deal/AP savings or do I wait? I'm just kind of ready to get the ball rolling but want to do the smart thing.
Sorry for the tardy response July2011. I haven't looked at this thread for a while. I'd say that looking to book so far out means that you are not going to know what kind of promo (4th night free or EMH or whatever) Disney is running for July 2013. They usually do not start publicizing their summer on-property hotel deals/incentives until mid to late spring. I am a AAA member and typically use them to book my on-property hotel and park hopper packages and find they offer competitive deals (though I've heard Costco is good too.) Also, in the past if I've booked early w/ AAA and find out subsequently that a lower price deal is being offered by Disney (its usually been something like 4th night free rather than drop on nightly rate) then I call AAA, and they get me that cheaper deal and adjust my package price. Hope this helps.
Congo Queen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anaheim, california, disneyland hotel, disneyland resort, faq

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: