Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #286
Virgoinab
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayGirl22 View Post
2 Questions:

Are the cabana's near the kiddie pool and monorail slides? I recall from a picture that they are near another pool, not in view of the kiddie pool?

Do the King rooms all have the twin fold out sofa? Or is it a sofa bed. I'm hoping we can get a King for me & DH and have our 3 year old sleep on the fold out. We'll also have a crib for the baby, and seems like a King room would have more floor space than 2 queens.
There are three Cabana's near the monorail slide pool, the rest are down by the e ticket pool.

As for the rooms, every king we have had, has had a sofa bed and or day bed in it.
DL PPH Feb 2005
WDW GFH Sugar Loaf villa Feb 2008
DL DLH Wedding Dec 2011
DL DLH June 2012
DL DLH Oct 2012 Did two MHP! Great time!
DL DLH Christmas week Dec 2012
DL DLH Royal Suite April 2013
DL DLH 1 Bdrm Suite Sep 2013

WDW PORS Sep 5 - Sep 11 2014
Virgoinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #287
tallpkb
"Life is uncertain...eat dessert first!"

Subscribe

02/14 BWPPI DLR
03/13 Candy Cane Inn-AND WE GOT TO GO TO CLUB 33!!
09/12 BWPPI/DLH Disneyland -FREE UPGRADE TO THEME PARK VIEW!!
09/11 Park Vue Disneyland
09/10 GC Disneyland
12/09 PPH Disneyland -FREE UPGRADE TO SUITE WITH THEME PARK VIEW!!!
3/09 CSR WDW
9-10/05 POR WDW
12/01 CCI Disneyland
9/01 HoJo Disneyland
5/00 BWPPI Disneyland
4/98 BWPPI Disneyland
5/97 Dixie Landings WDW
plus many, many more trips to DL, dating back to 1962!
tallpkb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #288
8lovesmickey
I'm movin' on, say goodbye to me...down at the Laughin' Place is where I'll be!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayGirl22
2 Questions:

Are the cabana's near the kiddie pool and monorail slides? I recall from a picture that they are near another pool, not in view of the kiddie pool?.
I can answer this one. The cabanas are on the opposite side of the kiddie pool and slides. You would not be able to see your kids from any cabana if they wanted to swim there.

The cabanas are around the main pool. Next to the main pool is a smaller pool, and next to that is the zero entry kiddie pool with fountains and several slides for kids of all ages and sizes. There are chairs around the kiddie pool but no cabanas.

Hope that helps a little

Disneyland Hotel Disney's Grand Californian Paradise Pier Hotel All Star Sports
Port Orleans French Quarter Pop Century Beach Club
[/FONT]
8lovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #289
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lovesmickey View Post
I can answer this one. The cabanas are on the opposite side of the kiddie pool and slides. You would not be able to see your kids from any cabana if they wanted to swim there.

The cabanas are around the main pool. Next to the main pool is a smaller pool, and next to that is the zero entry kiddie pool with fountains and several slides for kids of all ages and sizes. There are chairs around the kiddie pool but no cabanas.

Hope that helps a little
Do you have to be a guest at the DLH to rent one of the cabanas? At WDW, I can rent a cabana at the Poly but I don't have to be a guest there. We are thinking about staying at Paradise Pier. Thanks!

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #290
Purple Opal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgoinab View Post
We rented a Cabana at the beginning of July, loved it.

The service was great, the ability to sit inside and have a little privacy was really nice. My Mom loved that she could lay out on couch and watch TV

The pools were full, but not over crowded.
Hi Virgoinab, that is great! Did you happen to take any photos when you rented the cabana, and if so, are there any you could post in this thread? I'd love to add them to the front page...

A very overdue Holiday TR ~ A toddler, a reunion & Thanksgiving.
Purple Opal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:15 PM   #291
Purple Opal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxykendra View Post
I just searched for actual room reviews earlier in this thread but couldn't find any

Could someone steer me in the right direction if what I'm looking for is right under my nose?

We requested 2 adjoining rooms and would like to stay on a high floor and be able to watch the fireworks.

Thanks
Hi FoxyKendra,

Thanks for this question - as of right now we do not have any room reviews because no one has posted any. I just started this thread earlier this year and have made requests (in the thread) for folks staying at the DLH to leave photos and room reviews here when they return from their trips. For the most part, no one has taken me up on it - YET - but I'm still hopeful!!

Have fun on your trip and please feel free to post a room review and photos upon your return!

Old 07-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #292
Virgoinab
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Opal View Post
Hi Virgoinab, that is great! Did you happen to take any photos when you rented the cabana, and if so, are there any you could post in this thread? I'd love to add them to the front page...
Sorry Opal, not this time but we are going back in oct and plan to rent another one, so I will endevour to take some for the thread.

I can you that when you rent a cabana you get a really nice fruit platter, plus in the fridge is water, and juices, and pop that are included. Extra food and adult drinks there is a charge, but again, really nice cabana with a tv, phone, comfortable furnature etc.

Also thinking of maybe surpirsing hubby with at two night stay in the fairytale suite, and will try and get some photo's for that one.

I am still amazed that of the 500 or so photos that we took during our wedding there last chirstmas, that we took no pictures of our three bedroom suite in the frontier tower! Can you imagine?
DL PPH Feb 2005
DL DLH Wedding Dec 2011
DL DLH June 2012

Last edited by Virgoinab; 07-22-2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: addition
Old 07-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #293
Virgoinab
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lovesmickey View Post

Hope that helps a little
While the three cabana's that are on monorail level of the pool complex do not directly face the monorail sildes, they are right beside it, so you are not having to go up the stairs to use the slides from the other levels where the two other pools are, which do have the majority of the cabana's.

Our cabana was the last one/ or first one depending on how you look at it, on that level. Right next to the gate that takes you right to trader sams.

To reach the zero entry pool with the slides in it was about 15 ft from the front of our cabana, my mother loved it since she could go and cool her feet without having to go down the stairs to go into the other two pools.
DL PPH Feb 2005
DL DLH Wedding Dec 2011
DL DLH June 2012

Last edited by Virgoinab; 07-22-2012 at 10:13 PM. Reason: addition
Old 07-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #294
Purple Opal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sorry Opal, not this time but we are going back in oct and plan to rent another one, so I will endevour to take some for the thread.

I can you that when you rent a cabana you get a really nice fruit platter, plus in the fridge is water, and juices, and pop that are included. Extra food and adult drinks there is a charge, but again, really nice cabana with a tv, phone, comfortable furnature etc.
Thanks! I will add this info to the thread when I do updates.

Quote:
Also thinking of maybe surpirsing hubby with at two night stay in the fairytale suite, and will try and get some photo's for that one.
That would be awesome!! All we have to date are the publicity stills released by Disney. Would love to get some more.

Quote:
I am still amazed that of the 500 or so photos that we took during our wedding there last chirstmas, that we took no pictures of our three bedroom suite in the frontier tower! Can you imagine?
Yes I can imagine I think during your wedding you probably had a lot of other things that take priority over getting photos for a blog!!

Old 07-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #295
PrincessIM
Mouseketeer

Anyone have a photo of the cabanas? Do you book these directly with the hotel? How many people fit into one.
PrincessIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #296
Virgoinab
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessIM View Post
Anyone have a photo of the cabanas? Do you book these directly with the hotel? How many people fit into one.
Sorry no photo * I will get one in Oct *

We booked ours at the front desk in the Fantasy tower, just to the right is a guest services counter.

I would say for it to be comfortable, between the inside, and the two lounger's you have just outside, about 5 adults could spend a relaxing time there by switching up seats, and of course not everyone will be there at the same if you are swimming.

They are not massive, but not tiny either. A family of four would have more then enough space.

The day we were there, in the next cabana they where celebrating a birthday, and had close to 8 ppl, it looked a little crowded to me.
DL PPH Feb 2005
DL DLH Wedding Dec 2011
DL DLH June 2012

Old 07-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #297
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Just checked in this am, it is full house here!! I made my family stop @ the door so I could take pics of our room while it was still pristine, will post asap when we get home we are in Fantasy up on 6th floor overlooking the pools & i sure like the sound of the cabana rental for tomorrow afternoon! Seems like a very reasonable price! Nap times almost over time to get ready for Goofy's then early bed so we can get into carsland early tomorrow! Ate at Trader Sams while waiting for our room to b ready very good food & first time I've had an alcohol drink b4 noon! But we had to see the volcanos erupt & the ship sink!!

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #298
Purple Opal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
Just checked in this am, it is full house here!! I made my family stop @ the door so I could take pics of our room while it was still pristine, will post asap when we get home we are in Fantasy up on 6th floor overlooking the pools & i sure like the sound of the cabana rental for tomorrow afternoon! Seems like a very reasonable price! Nap times almost over time to get ready for Goofy's then early bed so we can get into carsland early tomorrow! Ate at Trader Sams while waiting for our room to b ready very good food & first time I've had an alcohol drink b4 noon! But we had to see the volcanos erupt & the ship sink!!
Thanks Smiley Face! How exciting for you guys! Have a great trip, and looking forward to seeing your photos when you return!

Old 07-24-2012, 11:28 PM   #299
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
Ate at Trader Sams while waiting for our room to b ready very good food & first time I've had an alcohol drink b4 noon! But we had to see the volcanos erupt & the ship sink!!

I've heard about this but heard it was only certain drinks that made these things happen.....so....what did you drink? lol!

But seriously, I do want to know!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #300
guynhawaii
Mouseketeer

Best Cabana Site

Aloha,

Of the six Cabanas (three by the Main Pool and three by the Slides), which location is considered best and why? My family of four (10 and 11 year old children included) will be spending a day relaxing at DLH before hitting the Parks. Cabana sounds sweet. Appreciate y'alls advice and recommendations.
guynhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anaheim, california, disneyland hotel, disneyland resort, faq

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: