Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2011, 10:15 PM   #16
aristocat65
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all your hard work on this thread Purple Opal! The timing is great, especially with the almost "reinvention" of the Disneyland Hotel
Disneyland 1976, Disneyland 1979, Disneyland 1989 Anaheim Hilton (honeymoon), Disneyland 1991 Desert Inn and Suites, Disneyland 1999 Hilton Suites, Disneyland 2002 Ayres Anaheim, Disneyland 2004 Embassy Suites South, WDW 2005 Boardwalk Villas, Disneyland 2006 CCI, WDW 2006 Wilderness Lodge, Disneyland 2007 Embassy Suites South, WDW 2008 Coronado Springs, Disneyland 2008 Embassy Suites, WDW August 2009, Wilderness Lodge, Disneyland Feb 2011 Grand Californian, Disneyland Sept 2011, Disneyland Hotel, Disneyland May 2013 Paradise Pier, WDW November 2013 Port Orleans Riverside/Boardwalk Inn
aristocat65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #17
PoohBearFriends
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info. Excited for our first onsite hotel stay here.

Recommendations for tower to request?

ME 44 : DF 44: DD 15 DD 13
DLR 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010; 2011 & 2013 DLH; 2015 PP
WDW 1974, 1980, 1985 (Mom won a trip), 1995, 1999: 2009 and 2014 POR

Last edited by PoohBearFriends; 09-19-2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Question
PoohBearFriends is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2011, 11:19 PM   #18
Purple Opal
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Hi Everyone,

We'll be visiting the DLH this weekend for the first time since the remodel. I'll try to get more / better photos of the pool. Any other requests? We'll try to fit them in!

A very overdue Holiday TR ~ A toddler, a reunion & Thanksgiving.
Purple Opal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:01 AM   #19
DisSarahK
Missing Mickey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana50 View Post
I love the new updated thread. I was wondering, looking at the pools. Is there only one tiny jacuzzi way at the end??
Currently there is one spa--it is fairly large though. I was impressed at the number of people who fit into it. It is not restricted to adults only though and many children find their way into it.

DisSarahK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:18 PM   #20
disneydreamer74
DIS Veteran

I agree..this is a great thread! DLH is my favorite DLR resort, though I think I may be partial becuase it is the ONLY onsite hotel I have stayed at! I love the nostaligic theme of the place and am glad that with the renovation they chose to keep that theme in mind! I will see the new rooms for the first time in a few months! Can't wait! I am curious as to how much the suites cost per night? I know that Mickey's Penthouse is quite pricey!!
1997-WDW-POR,1998-WDW -offsite,DLR-Aug. 2008-DLH,DLR-July 2009-Hyatt Regency,DLR-Aug.2010-Holiday inn Anaheim-Bella's 4th bday , July 2011-Hotel Menage/FFI, Jan '12- FFI, July '12- FFI, Hojo's/ PPH-June '13. Next trip...Jan. '14- FFI
My family:me-SuperMom and Travel Agent Extraordinairre, 40 DH, 35 our princess DD 7 yrs old
disneydreamer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #21
Niebz
DIS Veteran

I too would love to hear how much the suites are. The fantasyland suite looks like heaven. Probably way out of my price range!
Niebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:04 PM   #22
vincev33
Mouseketeer

Love this thread. Staying in the DLH in December!
vincev33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:11 PM   #23
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebz View Post
I too would love to hear how much the suites are. The fantasyland suite looks like heaven. Probably way out of my price range!
It isn't easy getting pricing info. for the suites. They won't even tell you when you call unless they screen you somehow and determine you can actually afford it.

I found one LA weekly blog I am linking below that has some info. (PLEASE NOTE: there is some language in the article) - they only talk about the Big Thunder and Fairy Tale Suites. The info. is from 2010.

The Fairy Tale Suite is only 750 sq. ft. and meant for only two people. Prices range from off season (mid-January) for $650 to $950 on New Year's.

The Big Thunder Mt. Suite is much larger, can accommodate 6 people. It goes for a low of $3,000 up to $4,000 on New Year's.

For reference, here is the link I mentioned:

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2...y_tale_sui.php
Rhonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:01 AM   #24
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

Wow...$650 doesn't seem bad for the FairyTale suite, does it? I was quoted that much for a regular suite that is basically just 2 standard rooms. I would be very tempted to stay there 1 night mid January for my birthday . I just have to find someone to go with me who would pony up the other half and sleep on the couch

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:23 AM   #25
disneydreamer74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonna View Post
It isn't easy getting pricing info. for the suites. They won't even tell you when you call unless they screen you somehow and determine you can actually afford it.

I found one LA weekly blog I am linking below that has some info. (PLEASE NOTE: there is some language in the article) - they only talk about the Big Thunder and Fairy Tale Suites. The info. is from 2010.

The Fairy Tale Suite is only 750 sq. ft. and meant for only two people. Prices range from off season (mid-January) for $650 to $950 on New Year's.

The Big Thunder Mt. Suite is much larger, can accommodate 6 people. It goes for a low of $3,000 up to $4,000 on New Year's.

Ah okay, thanks for sharing! It is interesting how they don't make the pricing available! Also, thanks for the heads up on the language on that Blog!! Wowza! People publish things like this? Oh my...
1997-WDW-POR,1998-WDW -offsite,DLR-Aug. 2008-DLH,DLR-July 2009-Hyatt Regency,DLR-Aug.2010-Holiday inn Anaheim-Bella's 4th bday , July 2011-Hotel Menage/FFI, Jan '12- FFI, July '12- FFI, Hojo's/ PPH-June '13. Next trip...Jan. '14- FFI
My family:me-SuperMom and Travel Agent Extraordinairre, 40 DH, 35 our princess DD 7 yrs old
disneydreamer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:17 PM   #26
aristocat65
DIS Veteran

Just switched to DLH

Were booked at PPH for 2 nights and got a great rate, but I just couldn't get excited about it. Those new rooms at DLH kept calling to me. Finally switched our reservation to DLH for our stay next week. I wish I had done it before our Canadian Dollar went down though. NOW I'm excited, and thought I'd give this great thread a bump.
Disneyland 1976, Disneyland 1979, Disneyland 1989 Anaheim Hilton (honeymoon), Disneyland 1991 Desert Inn and Suites, Disneyland 1999 Hilton Suites, Disneyland 2002 Ayres Anaheim, Disneyland 2004 Embassy Suites South, WDW 2005 Boardwalk Villas, Disneyland 2006 CCI, WDW 2006 Wilderness Lodge, Disneyland 2007 Embassy Suites South, WDW 2008 Coronado Springs, Disneyland 2008 Embassy Suites, WDW August 2009, Wilderness Lodge, Disneyland Feb 2011 Grand Californian, Disneyland Sept 2011, Disneyland Hotel, Disneyland May 2013 Paradise Pier, WDW November 2013 Port Orleans Riverside/Boardwalk Inn
aristocat65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #27
LisainCalifornia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonna View Post

This is actually much better link (it is the disney parks blog--which the above obsene blog probably lifted pics from):

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...neyland-hotel/

It has more pics and no foul language!
LisainCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #28
LisainCalifornia
DIS Veteran

I posted a video of the pool construction when we were there last April:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqq6rcssH9Q

We are total Disneyland Hotel nuts--we tyically stay there twice a year, but the last 3 times have really been not so good due to construction. The last time was the worst, because although we requested the Adventure Tower (called Dreams previously) and paid for a premium view, we were given the furthest tower (use to be called Wonder--now I don't know what it is called!) and the worst possible view of the construction. The noise was over the top (back hoes, earth movers, and rotating cement trucks are pretty loud). We tried to switch rooms, but they could only offer us a standard room to switch into that overlooked the parking lot. After paying for a high tower premium view, I didn't feel that was a fair trade!

The rooms are nice of course, but the construction and massive construction walls were ridiculous. We couldn't even walk to our room through the pool area--we had to walk all the way around through the back of the hotel (near parking lot) to get into one entrance of our tower. Only one elevator worked at that time, as they working on the lobby of our tower. The lobby was noisy with workers as well.

We always request a downtown Disney view, but don't typically get it--even when we pay for an upgraded view.

We will be back when the construction is complete! The rooms are really special, and we like the bigger space for our family of 5 better than the Grand Californian.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:33 PM   #29
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post
This is actually much better link (it is the disney parks blog--which the above obsene blog probably lifted pics from):

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...neyland-hotel/

It has more pics and no foul language!
Yes, I had seen that link. In fact, the pictures from that link are shown on the first page of this particular thread.

It is better for photos but not better if you want pricing info. since the disney link has NO pricing.

People were asking the prices for these suites. I wanted to know the price of them. Disney does NOT publish the prices. As the link I included says (and I mentioned) disney will NOT give out this info. over the phone to just anyone who calls. I never would have used the link with the language since I don't appreciate such language but it was the ONLY one I could find in my research that had ANY prices in it. I'm surprised disney hasn't found it and demanded they pull the page off the internet - not for language but because it gives pricing.

If you can find any other links (disney or non-disney) that have the pricing of the suites, please include them. I would be happy to see one.
Rhonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:47 PM   #30
LisainCalifornia
DIS Veteran

That makes sense, Rhonna. Thanks for finding the pricing info!

Tags
anaheim, california, disneyland hotel, disneyland resort, faq

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: