Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #271
TwingleMum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
No microwaves.

Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lovesmickey View Post
I believe all the rooms have fridges now for no additional charge. I have no idea about microwaves...
Thanks my youngest twin is Autistic and its easier to have a micro for him because he can have food issues.
TwingleMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #272
ethandeansmom
Earning My Ears

How crowded is Disneyland Hotel Pool?

Hello,

First time posting - so my apologies in advance if I do anything wrong...We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel from Aug 4-7. Since we have Deluxe APs we can not go to the parks on Saturday. So I figured we would hang out at the pool. Does anyone know how crowded the pool gets on Saturdays? Will we be able to get chairs or should I just get a cabana?

Thanks in advance!
ethandeansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #273
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

It doesn't matter thants it's Saturday, it matters more that it's Summer. If it's hot out the pool will be more crowded. Also because people are there on Summer vacations the pool will get a lot of use.

It will be crowded between lunch and 5pm. Go there in the morning or evening it should be fine. Maybe use the midday to tour Downtown Disney, or walk through the Grand Californian Hotel.

Welcome to the DIS.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #274
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethandeansmom View Post
Hello,

First time posting - so my apologies in advance if I do anything wrong...We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel from Aug 4-7. Since we have Deluxe APs we can not go to the parks on Saturday. So I figured we would hang out at the pool. Does anyone know how crowded the pool gets on Saturdays? Will we be able to get chairs or should I just get a cabana?

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the disboards. The pools are always packed, early morning or later in the evening is best. They are many chair hogs who leave their towels and try to come back later, you notice this, just let the life guard know, they will pull the towel and deal with the people who are entitled.
Summer is just that and everything is busy or least it has been year after year after in August when we go. Have a great trip.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:57 PM   #275
8lovesmickey
I'm movin' on, say goodbye to me...down at the Laughin' Place is where I'll be!!!

The pools were crowded every day we were there. I also have to mention something that REALLY bugged me at the DLH pool. A man got to the pool early and "saved" no fewer than 8 chairs in a row in front of us. We watched him tell family after family that the chairs were "reserved" for his family. He even told several of them that his family was at church but "coming soon.".

We watched this for almost two hours until his family finally came. Apparently their church lasted until 3:00 on Sunday... Of course when they got there the three kids dropped their stuff and hit the pool-they didn't even need chairs at all. Am I overreacting? Or was that as rude as it seemed to me? I guess I get saving one or two chairs or even four or five if it's for ten minutes. But to deny so many guests a place to sit for two hours so the chairs can be empty? Didn't seem like the Disney spirit to me!

Disneyland Hotel Disney's Grand Californian Paradise Pier Hotel All Star Sports
Port Orleans French Quarter Pop Century Beach Club
8lovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #276
ethandeansmom
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for your quick responses! Looks like I will look into renting a cabana. If anyone has had any experiences with it good or bad I'd love to hear about it. Thanks and have a good weekend
ethandeansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #277
PrincessMira
Mouseketeer

Pool cabanas

Quote:
Thanks so much for your quick responses! Looks like I will look into renting a cabana. If anyone has had any experiences with it good or bad I'd love to hear about it. Thanks and have a good weekend
I've love to know too. We have one reserved for our trip in a week. Timing is going by soooo slowly.

DH me DS12
PrincessMira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #278
Circusgirl
Queen of the Moisture Festival
ALLORA!!!

Quote:
I rented one at the Grand Californian for a little celebration for a friend who was about to be married at a small ceremony out of town. It was a pool party bachelorette party and we had a fantastic time. The cast members were lovely and attentive. When we told one of them how much we liked the towel animals that were waiting in the cabana for us, he stayed for a while and showed us how to make them, and then made a few more. It was nice to have a sheltered spot as it was a very hot day. The amenities were lovely.
Circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #279
KSDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

Rooms for 5

Sorry if this has already been asked in this thread.

There is another thread discussing rooms for 5 and the focus was on the GCH. Someone stated that many rooms for 5 that hotel have bunk beds and a trundle bed and some even give the fifth person a sleeping bag.

For the DLH, do all the rooms that sleep 5 have two queen beds and a day bed? I have two big teens and a tween. They are okay sharing a queen and having a day bed, but a trundle or sleeping bag would not be okay.

TIA!
WDW - BCV (Jun '12) BLT (Jun '11); Boardwalk (Sep '10); Poly (Aug '07), CR (Nov '06), AKL (Nov '04, Sept '06), Swan (Dec '05), POR (Dec '98, Mar '10), POFQ (Mar '05), CSR (Nov '02), CBR (Jun '03), Sports (Dec99, Oct '01, Dec '02), Music (Aug '09), Movies (Dec '00, Aug '07), Pop (Jun '04 Jun '05)
DLR - August 2008 and January 2013 at DLH
DCL Gold CC Member: Magic Western (Sep-05, Sep-06); Magic Panama Canal Repo (Aug-08); Wonder 4-night (Mar-10 and Sept-10) Fantasy Eastern (Jun-12)

Next Trip: 6/15/2013 - 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy and BLT!
KSDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #280
Virgoinab
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSDisneyDad View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked in this thread.

There is another thread discussing rooms for 5 and the focus was on the GCH. Someone stated that many rooms for 5 that hotel have bunk beds and a trundle bed and some even give the fifth person a sleeping bag.

For the DLH, do all the rooms that sleep 5 have two queen beds and a day bed? I have two big teens and a tween. They are okay sharing a queen and having a day bed, but a trundle or sleeping bag would not be okay.

TIA!
The DLH does not use the trundle beds, or bunk beds. For a room with 5 you get two queens and day bed.

The rooms are a nice size, we just had the queen day bed rm at the beginning of July.

Have a great time!
DL PPH Feb 2005
WDW GFH Sugar Loaf villa Feb 2008
DL DLH Wedding Dec 2011
DL DLH June 2012
DL DLH Oct 2012 Did two MHP! Great time!
DL DLH Christmas week Dec 2012
DL DLH Royal Suite April 2013
DL DLH 1 Bdrm Suite Sep 2013

WDW PORS Sep 5 - Sep 11 2014
Virgoinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #281
KSDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgoinab View Post
The DLH does not use the trundle beds, or bunk beds. For a room with 5 you get two queens and day bed.

The rooms are a nice size, we just had the queen day bed rm at the beginning of July.

Have a great time!
Thanks! We are looking forward to our first trip on-site at DLR.
WDW - BCV (Jun '12) BLT (Jun '11); Boardwalk (Sep '10); Poly (Aug '07), CR (Nov '06), AKL (Nov '04, Sept '06), Swan (Dec '05), POR (Dec '98, Mar '10), POFQ (Mar '05), CSR (Nov '02), CBR (Jun '03), Sports (Dec99, Oct '01, Dec '02), Music (Aug '09), Movies (Dec '00, Aug '07), Pop (Jun '04 Jun '05)
DLR - August 2008 and January 2013 at DLH
DCL Gold CC Member: Magic Western (Sep-05, Sep-06); Magic Panama Canal Repo (Aug-08); Wonder 4-night (Mar-10 and Sept-10) Fantasy Eastern (Jun-12)

Next Trip: 6/15/2013 - 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy and BLT!
KSDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #282
Virgoinab
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We rented a Cabana at the beginning of July, loved it.

The service was great, the ability to sit inside and have a little privacy was really nice. My Mom loved that she could lay out on couch and watch TV

The pools were full, but not over crowded.
DL PPH Feb 2005
DL DLH Wedding Dec 2011
DL DLH June 2012

Old 07-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #283
PrincessIM
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know what the cost of a cabana is?
PrincessIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #284
Virgoinab
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessIM View Post
Does anyone know what the cost of a cabana is?
It was $100.00 for us to rent it from 12:00 to 6:00 pm
DL PPH Feb 2005
DL DLH Wedding Dec 2011
DL DLH June 2012

Old 07-22-2012, 12:04 AM   #285
BayGirl22
DIS Veteran

2 Questions:

Are the cabana's near the kiddie pool and monorail slides? I recall from a picture that they are near another pool, not in view of the kiddie pool?

Do the King rooms all have the twin fold out sofa? Or is it a sofa bed. I'm hoping we can get a King for me & DH and have our 3 year old sleep on the fold out. We'll also have a crib for the baby, and seems like a King room would have more floor space than 2 queens.
BayGirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anaheim, california, disneyland hotel, disneyland resort, faq

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: