Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #256
Virgoinab
Mouseketeer
 
Virgoinab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ardrossan AB
Posts: 218

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahsmommy View Post
Thank you for your replies. SOOOOO excited!!!!!! I called and made my request and was told that only the Frontier tower had balcony's, thanks so much for the helpful advice. I was also told that the Frontier tower is the tallest tower, 14 floors and the other 2 towers have 11 floors so I hope we get on the 12th floor or higher so we can see the fireworks.
6 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I will post pictures (if I can figure out how to do from my iphone) and I will do a trip report.
As long as your are above the 6th floor you will see the fireworks if you are on the DTD side.

The way the tower's are situated, the adventure tower does not block the view from the fontier tower at all.

You just need to be on the DTD side.
__________________
All you need is faith and trust
DL 72, 74
WDW 76
DL PPH Feb 2005
WDW GFH Sugar Loaf villa Feb 2008
DL DLH Wedding Dec 2011
DL DLH June 2012
DL DLH Oct 2012 Did two MHP! Great time!
DL DLH Christmas week Dec 2012
DL DLH Royal Suite April 2013
DL DLH 1 Bdrm Suite Sep 2013

WDW PORS Sep 5 - Sep 11 2014
Virgoinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #257
bibbidibobbidibecky
The Fairy Godblogger
 
bibbidibobbidibecky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kentucky, USA
Posts: 1,759

We have adjoining Frontier Tower Pool view rooms (requested of course) for our upcoming trip. I'm confused about the balcony talk on here. Is there a chance we will have a balcony or is that for the suites only?

Will we regret being that far from the monorail and DTD? Or is it not that far? Would the Adventure Tower be better because of how much closer it is?

Thanks!
__________________
Me , DH , DS (10) , DD (9) , DD (6)
DCL 2014 Greek Isles (in progress) and 2011 Med trip reports and WDW info: http://thefairygodblogger.blogspot.c...1_archive.html

DCL: 2014 Greek Isles out of Venice, 2011 Med out of Barcelona, 2009 4-night Wonder.
WDW: 2014 Jan., 2012 Oct., 2011 Oct., 2010 Oct., 2009 Dec., 2008 Oct., 2008 May, 2006 Oct., 1997 April, 1996 April, 1993 Feb., 1992 Feb., 1980s various trips, 1977 First trip.
DL California: July 2012
DL Paris: June 2014
bibbidibobbidibecky is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #258
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Drive to DL, Fly to WDW
Posts: 28,453

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibbidibobbidibecky View Post
We have adjoining Frontier Tower Pool view rooms (requested of course) for our upcoming trip. I'm confused about the balcony talk on here. Is there a chance we will have a balcony or is that for the suites only?

Will we regret being that far from the monorail and DTD? Or is it not that far? Would the Adventure Tower be better because of how much closer it is?

Thanks!
The only remaining balconies are on the corner rooms.

Adventure Tower is is about 2 minutes closer. It's better but not in a huge way.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #259
Virgoinab
Mouseketeer
 
Virgoinab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ardrossan AB
Posts: 218

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibbidibobbidibecky View Post
We have adjoining Frontier Tower Pool view rooms (requested of course) for our upcoming trip. I'm confused about the balcony talk on here. Is there a chance we will have a balcony or is that for the suites only?

Will we regret being that far from the monorail and DTD? Or is it not that far? Would the Adventure Tower be better because of how much closer it is?

Thanks!
The Balconys are for the suites, so unless they upgrade you, you will not have a balcony.

The walk to the monorail from the frontier tower, compared from the adventure tower is like about 3 min more.

I have a disability that can make walking at times very difficult, so for me to say that the distance is really that minor, means it is that minor that even for me, I request the frontier tower when we stay there

Last Christmas when we got married there, my husband was very concerned about distance for me, so he walked it and timed it, from the lobby doors of the adventure tower, then from the lobby doors of the frontier tower, 3 min longer was the time it took for the frontier tower.

I have never understood the comments about how much closer the adventure tower is to the monorail, it is not that much closer, unless other's consider 3 min more walking such a determent that they cannot handle it? Maybe for some it is, but from someone who is disabled, it is not that much further.

The frontier tower is very nice, and the entrance is very relaxing after a long day at the parks, it is close to trader sam bar, which I hope you try out as well.

Hope you have a great time.
__________________
All you need is faith and trust
DL 72, 74
WDW 76
DL PPH Feb 2005
WDW GFH Sugar Loaf villa Feb 2008
DL DLH Wedding Dec 2011
DL DLH June 2012
DL DLH Oct 2012 Did two MHP! Great time!
DL DLH Christmas week Dec 2012
DL DLH Royal Suite April 2013
DL DLH 1 Bdrm Suite Sep 2013

WDW PORS Sep 5 - Sep 11 2014
Virgoinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #260
BriannaRuth
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington State
Posts: 357

Just to be sure I'm clear on the firework views -- Both Frontier and Adventure towers have some rooms with firework views?

Has anyone had any luck getting upgraded from a standard room? If so, what time did you check in and what time of year was it?
__________________
BriannaRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #261
BriannaRuth
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington State
Posts: 357

If I want to avoid a room with a bad view (rather than trying to get a great view since I'm booked in a standard room), which tower would work best? Mainly I'd like to avoid a view of the parking lot.
__________________
BriannaRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #262
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran
 
kindakrazy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,204

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriannaRuth View Post
If I want to avoid a room with a bad view (rather than trying to get a great view since I'm booked in a standard room), which tower would work best? Mainly I'd like to avoid a view of the parking lot.
I'd like to know too! I'm not looking for anything wonderful - just not the parking lot. I got that special view last time I stayed there and I'm just looking for a different bad view! lol!
__________________
Sarah

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #263
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Drive to DL, Fly to WDW
Posts: 28,453

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriannaRuth View Post
Just to be sure I'm clear on the firework views -- Both Frontier and Adventure towers have some rooms with firework views?

Has anyone had any luck getting upgraded from a standard room? If so, what time did you check in and what time of year was it?
Some rooms have firework views. Only some. The fireworks are best viewed from the Fantasy and Adventure Towers.

Upgrades take luck and empty rooms like they have more of in the offseason. It's nothing you should count on. You shouldn't count on getting the tower of your choice either, but the standard Fantasy Tower standard rooms look north at the parking lot and the fireworks are to the north east.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #264
bibbidibobbidibecky
The Fairy Godblogger
 
bibbidibobbidibecky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kentucky, USA
Posts: 1,759

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgoinab View Post
The Balconys are for the suites, so unless they upgrade you, you will not have a balcony.

The walk to the monorail from the frontier tower, compared from the adventure tower is like about 3 min more.

I have a disability that can make walking at times very difficult, so for me to say that the distance is really that minor, means it is that minor that even for me, I request the frontier tower when we stay there

Last Christmas when we got married there, my husband was very concerned about distance for me, so he walked it and timed it, from the lobby doors of the adventure tower, then from the lobby doors of the frontier tower, 3 min longer was the time it took for the frontier tower.

I have never understood the comments about how much closer the adventure tower is to the monorail, it is not that much closer, unless other's consider 3 min more walking such a determent that they cannot handle it? Maybe for some it is, but from someone who is disabled, it is not that much further.

The frontier tower is very nice, and the entrance is very relaxing after a long day at the parks, it is close to trader sam bar, which I hope you try out as well.

Hope you have a great time.
This is all great info..thank you! My parents are traveling with us and my dad has some walking issues, so the closer the better but this will be fine. I hope we get a good view but I'm just happy to be staying there.

I so plan on checking out Trader Sams, with and without the kids
__________________
Me , DH , DS (10) , DD (9) , DD (6)
DCL 2014 Greek Isles (in progress) and 2011 Med trip reports and WDW info: http://thefairygodblogger.blogspot.c...1_archive.html

DCL: 2014 Greek Isles out of Venice, 2011 Med out of Barcelona, 2009 4-night Wonder.
WDW: 2014 Jan., 2012 Oct., 2011 Oct., 2010 Oct., 2009 Dec., 2008 Oct., 2008 May, 2006 Oct., 1997 April, 1996 April, 1993 Feb., 1992 Feb., 1980s various trips, 1977 First trip.
DL California: July 2012
DL Paris: June 2014
bibbidibobbidibecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #265
mika911
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 600

I booked a room for 5 guests.

Is the 5 guest stigma going to relegate me to a particular tower (to accommodate 5), or is any tower still possible?

I booked a "view," but not an upper view/premium.
__________________
Handful of Trips in Late 80s/90s
2005: December - Hyatt Regency OC
2006: January (DL Hotel), April (Hyatt OC), June (Hyatt & Paradise Pier), August (Hyatt OC),
December (Crowne Plaza Anaheim)
2007: February (Grand Californian), August (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
2008: August (Grand Californian)
2009: June (Grand Californian) August (Paris Disneyland Hotel)
2010 - August (Grand & DLH)
mika911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #266
Virgoinab
Mouseketeer
 
Virgoinab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ardrossan AB
Posts: 218

Quote:
Originally Posted by mika911 View Post
I booked a room for 5 guests.

Is the 5 guest stigma going to relegate me to a particular tower (to accommodate 5), or is any tower still possible?

I booked a "view," but not an upper view/premium.
The rooms with the two queen beds and a day bed are in any of the towers, any of three have those rooms.
__________________
All you need is faith and trust
DL 72, 74
WDW 76
DL PPH Feb 2005
WDW GFH Sugar Loaf villa Feb 2008
DL DLH Wedding Dec 2011
DL DLH June 2012
DL DLH Oct 2012 Did two MHP! Great time!
DL DLH Christmas week Dec 2012
DL DLH Royal Suite April 2013
DL DLH 1 Bdrm Suite Sep 2013

WDW PORS Sep 5 - Sep 11 2014
Virgoinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #267
foxykendra
Mouseketeer
 
foxykendra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 134

I just searched for actual room reviews earlier in this thread but couldn't find any

Could someone steer me in the right direction if what I'm looking for is right under my nose?

We requested 2 adjoining rooms and would like to stay on a high floor and be able to watch the fireworks.

Thanks
__________________

Last edited by foxykendra; 07-13-2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: misspelled a word
foxykendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #268
TwingleMum
DIS Veteran
 
TwingleMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 6,350

Can we get a frig and micro for our room???
TwingleMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #269
8lovesmickey
I'm movin' on, say goodbye to me...down at the Laughin' Place is where I'll be!!!
 
8lovesmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 278

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwingleMum
Can we get a frig and micro for our room???
I believe all the rooms have fridges now for no additional charge. I have no idea about microwaves...
__________________

Disneyland Hotel Disney's Grand Californian Paradise Pier Hotel All Star Sports
Port Orleans French Quarter Pop Century Beach Club
[/FONT]
8lovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #270
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds
 
blackjackdelta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: So. Eastern Washington
Posts: 8,383

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwingleMum View Post
Can we get a frig and micro for our room???
No microwaves.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anaheim, california, disneyland hotel, disneyland resort, faq



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: