Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #241
Virgoinab
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
What makes you prefer the Frontier tower?
I prefer the location, I find it to be less busy, and it is nice and close to trader sam's and the fireplace. which is a really nice place to sit in the evening and relax.

As well I have stayed in all three tower's and find the rooms just a little bigger for some reason, and the walls a little more soundproof. Now that could be my imagination, however when we stayed in the Fantasy tower last week, I could hear neighours on one side, and above. Not over the top loud, but loud enough, I have never heard anything while staying in the frontier tower.

Plus, since we often stay in the two bedroom suite, we get a balcony, so that is a plus
DL PPH Feb 2005
WDW GFH Sugar Loaf villa Feb 2008
DL DLH Wedding Dec 2011
DL DLH June 2012
DL DLH Oct 2012 Did two MHP! Great time!
DL DLH Christmas week Dec 2012
DL DLH Royal Suite April 2013
DL DLH 1 Bdrm Suite Sep 2013

WDW PORS Sep 5 - Sep 11 2014
Virgoinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #242
katejc
Mouseketeer

Just wondering if concierge level is worth it ...what amenities are offered? Thinking about it for our December trip; that is, if we can get a better-than-the-current rate...
katejc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2012, 12:01 AM   #243
jonahsmommy
Mouseketeer

This is my first post, so excited to join!! We leave in 8 days and we can't wait!!! It will be our first time staying at DLH
We have always stayed off site but this time I want it to be special, we are taking my MIL who is 70 and I want it to be amazing for her!!
I booked a 2 room/ 2 bathroom suite and I want to be able to have a balcony and see the fireworks. So what tower do I request? A corner suite? Thanks so much for this great thread!!
jonahsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #244
cocofifi
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have an educated guess as to whether or not a discount will be offered in October for the Disneyland Hotel? Also, what time of year do they usually come out with the room discount offers for fall. Thanks so much for the input!
cocofifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #245
nicolispicoli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocofifi View Post
Does anyone have an educated guess as to whether or not a discount will be offered in October for the Disneyland Hotel? Also, what time of year do they usually come out with the room discount offers for fall. Thanks so much for the input!
Hard to say with all the Carsland hype. If something comes out, it will probably be in August. I'm also keeping an eye out for our trip in October. I've booked a room only reservation at DLH for something crazy like $1500 for 4 nights (with an AP discount). Last year same time I paid $209/night post remodel. So here's hoping I get something a little better than that. Better to book if you want to stay there, you can always call and have the price adjusted.
nicolispicoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #246
Virgoinab
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahsmommy View Post
This is my first post, so excited to join!! We leave in 8 days and we can't wait!!! It will be our first time staying at DLH
We have always stayed off site but this time I want it to be special, we are taking my MIL who is 70 and I want it to be amazing for her!!
I booked a 2 room/ 2 bathroom suite and I want to be able to have a balcony and see the fireworks. So what tower do I request? A corner suite? Thanks so much for this great thread!!
Call and request that you be placed in the Frontier tower, that is the only tower still left with balconys. And the two room suites are the one's at the ends.

We had a three room sutie at chirstmass with two balconys, loved it, and had a great view of the fireworks on the nights they could have them. (winds played havoc at christmas)

Call today and make your request, as they assign rooms 5 days out from your arrival date.

Now, they will tell you that they cannot 100% make sure you get your request but they do try.

Have fun, the hotel is amazing and the suites, no matter really what tower you are in, are fantastic.
DL PPH Feb 2005
DL DLH Wedding Dec 2011
DL DLH June 2012

Old 07-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #247
cocofifi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolispicoli View Post
Hard to say with all the Carsland hype. If something comes out, it will probably be in August. I'm also keeping an eye out for our trip in October. I've booked a room only reservation at DLH for something crazy like $1500 for 4 nights (with an AP discount). Last year same time I paid $209/night post remodel. So here's hoping I get something a little better than that. Better to book if you want to stay there, you can always call and have the price adjusted.
Thanks for the info. Let's keep our fingers crossed for October!
cocofifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #248
Purple Opal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahsmommy View Post
So excited for you JonahsMommy! I hope that you will share some of your room and hotel photos with us from your trip! (If you do, I will feature them in the Room Reviews section on Page 1.) Have a wonderful time.

A very overdue Holiday TR ~ A toddler, a reunion & Thanksgiving.
Purple Opal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #249
tnd
DIS Veteran

Thank you for your help!
tnd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #250
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Opal View Post
Hey aristocat65 - very cool you had one of the few rooms with a balcony. If you have any photos and / or the room number, please let me know and I'll add it to the Room Reviews section. Thanks!

I was told by a CM yesterday there are no balaconies in the adventure tower(standard rooms_2 queens with day bed) with a upgraded view!

True?

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #251
Virgoinab
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
I was told by a CM yesterday there are no balaconies in the adventure tower(standard rooms_2 queens with day bed) with a upgraded view!

True?

Jack
True Jack

The only tower with balcony's is the Frontier tower, and only for the suites for the most part, according to the CM's at the front desk that checked us into our three bedroom suite last christmas.

Now the second bedroom/room in the suite, can be used as a premium single room ,but generaly they are used as the second bedroom since there is a small hallway that connects the rooms.
DL PPH Feb 2005
DL DLH Wedding Dec 2011
DL DLH June 2012

Old 07-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #252
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgoinab View Post
True Jack

The only tower with balcony's is the Frontier tower, and only for the suites for the most part, according to the CM's at the front desk that checked us into our three bedroom suite last christmas.

Now the second bedroom/room in the suite, can be used as a premium single room ,but generaly they are used as the second bedroom since there is a small hallway that connects the rooms.

Looks like it will have to do, thanks.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #253
bhyer
Earning My Ears

Tipping at the Hotel

Can anyone tell me how tipping is usually done for the housekeeping staff at the hotel? Do you leave a tip every morning (and if so how much) or do you just tip the last day you are at the hotel (and if so how much)?
bhyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #254
jonahsmommy
Mouseketeer

Thank you for your replies. SOOOOO excited!!!!!! I called and made my request and was told that only the Frontier tower had balcony's, thanks so much for the helpful advice. I was also told that the Frontier tower is the tallest tower, 14 floors and the other 2 towers have 11 floors so I hope we get on the 12th floor or higher so we can see the fireworks.
6 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will post pictures (if I can figure out how to do from my iphone) and I will do a trip report.
jonahsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:13 AM   #255
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseFiend View Post
I had the same question too. Do all standard rooms have the two queen beds and the pull-out or do we have to request a special queen room? We are a group of 4 and it's me, DH, my mom, and my brother. On paper, it might look like 2 beds would work for us since we are 4 adults. But I don't think my mom and brother want to share a bed So I want to make sure I request the right room type. Does anyone happen to have a picture with the pull-out made up? Thanks!!
We just stayed at the Paradise Pier (1 night only) but concierge level. I requested standard non view concierge which should have been 2 queens with the futone like sofa bed but they bumped us up to the mini looking suite (5th floor room 522) This room faces the VERY FRONT of the hotel with the street view of people crossing to the Grand California Hotel & all of the back sides of the CA park. However this was just FINE for the 4 us cuz we were interested to see the fireworks show @ DL instead. The room had 2 full baths (1 stand alone shower with glass door & nice tile work and other tub/shower with same tile work & 2 sinks!) Lots of space in that bathroom! The bedroom had 2 queens and the living/dining room had a L - Shape couch with pull out mattress. (6 ft teenage son didn't want to pull out mattress so he slept on long side of couch.) My other teenager slept on 1 of the queen beds while my hubby & I had the other. We LOVED THIS ROOM!! Last 4th of July we were at the DL Hotel with a standard NO VIEW 2 queen bed in Frontier Building & brought our queen size air mattress with us. SO this mini type suite @ the Paradise Pier was like heaven to us!! Although now thinking about it - My hubby & I could have taken the living room couch while the boys in their own bed in bedroom but we didn't want deny ourselves the cozy bed!! LOL
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anaheim, california, disneyland hotel, disneyland resort, faq

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: