Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2014, 12:26 PM   #1
darlenesmommy
Mouseketeer

Leaving sunday trying to figure a few things out

Is fast pass like it was before for the cars ride? Our last trip was Aug 2013, just seeing if its going to be about the same now.

Elsa and Anna is there going to be a better day to see them? We will in in the park Oct 13 to Oct 16. I know we most likely will need to get a fast pass but plan to be in the parks at rope drop.

What days should we avoid for either of these?

My husband wants to know where the best corndogs are? Not sure if its the red cart or corndog castle.

And they are still ok with people bringing in snacks and drinks? I like having a few pb & j sandwiches (pre made), chips or gold fish and water, juice and soda.
darlenesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:50 PM   #2
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlenesmommy View Post
Is fast pass like it was before for the cars ride?
Yes and no...RSR FPs are no longer disconnected from the rest of DCA, so if you get one, you will not be able to get another DCA FP (except WoC) for two hours or whenever your RSR time window opens, whichever comes first. They also no longer allow guests to line up before park opening for RSR FPs. Also, they no longer distribute FPs if RSR is down (so if RSR is down whent the park opens, they do not open the FP distribution area). Reports are that they are lasting longer into the day now that they are connected and they no longer allow guests to line up before park opening.

Quote:
Elsa and Anna is there going to be a better day to see them? We will in in the park Oct 13 to Oct 16. I know we most likely will need to get a fast pass but plan to be in the parks at rope drop.
I would avoid a morning with MM/EMH (unless you have access to that). The Return Ticket (not quite like a FP) will tell you when you can return to see A&E. There is no standbyline (as far as I know).

Quote:
What days should we avoid for either of these?
Whichever day has MM/EMH (unless you have access).

Quote:
And they are still ok with people bringing in snacks and drinks? I like having a few pb & j sandwiches (pre made), chips or gold fish and water, juice and soda.
Yes, as long as there no glass containers/bottles involved.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2014, 02:23 PM   #3
darlenesmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment_jii View Post
Yes and no...RSR FPs are no longer disconnected from the rest of DCA, so if you get one, you will not be able to get another DCA FP (except WoC) for two hours or whenever your RSR time window opens, whichever comes first. They also no longer allow guests to line up before park opening for RSR FPs. Also, they no longer distribute FPs if RSR is down (so if RSR is down whent the park opens, they do not open the FP distribution area). Reports are that they are lasting longer into the day now that they are connected and they no longer allow guests to line up before park opening.

I would avoid a morning with MM/EMH (unless you have access to that). The Return Ticket (not quite like a FP) will tell you when you can return to see A&E. There is no standbyline (as far as I know).

Whichever day has MM/EMH (unless you have access).

Yes, as long as there no glass containers/bottles involved.

Thank you! We do have one MM with our tickets. Staying off site so no EMH. Would it be best to do Anna and Elsa on our MM or just one of our regular days? Plan right now is do 2 maybe 3 mornings at Disneyland and then 1-2 mornings in CA. There are only a few things in CA that my kids like so we make sure to get our fp for the cars ride and then ride toy story a few times before the line gets to long. The other things have never had to long of a line the other times we have been there.
darlenesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:49 PM   #4
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! We do have one MM with our tickets. Staying off site so no EMH. Would it be best to do Anna and Elsa on our MM or just one of our regular days? Plan right now is do 2 maybe 3 mornings at Disneyland and then 1-2 mornings in CA. There are only a few things in CA that my kids like so we make sure to get our fp for the cars ride and then ride toy story a few times before the line gets to long. The other things have never had to long of a line the other times we have been there.
I didn't meet A&E on my trip last month, so I don't really know what would be best.

In terms of DCA, I would consider switching the order (assuming you get there at rope drop on a non-EMH morning). I would go ride TSMM at rope drop (maybe even twice) and then head back to get the RSR FPs. TSMM does not have FPs and that line tends to build up and stay long all day. Opening is your best bet for getting in multiple rides with a minimal wait.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: