Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #46
wed100105
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirrrby View Post
Just thought i'd clarify this... If you've used the Anheuser Busch Here's to the Heroes "free salute" ticket anytime during the year you won't be able to get the free tickets for Sea World. It's once per the promotion to any of their parks. Busch Gardens VA, Busch Gardens FL, Sea World, Water Country USA, Sesame Place or Adventure Island. Otherwise, you can get up to 4 free tickets per eligible ACTIVE DUTY person. Spouses with i.d. will be linked to the Eligible service member.
thanks kirrrby!
Old 09-21-2011, 01:24 AM   #47
Kidnurse
Mouseketeer

DH is an O3, so we didn't go the SOG route either. We just got back from our vacation 9/13-9/18, and we stayed at CBR which for 6 days/5 nights was around $1600 including the dining plan. (We had originally planned on staying at Pop Century, but decided to pay a little extra for a fridge and slightly larger room.) We got the park hoppers for $138 each too. I loved it. I wouldn't have gone any other way with 2 young children. The convenience of being RIGHT THERE, having access to the bus service, access to the Magical Express to pick us up from the airport, and all the amenities were well worth it.

January 2002 Treehouse Villas
February 2003 Gaylord Palms Resort
September 2011 Caribbean Beach Resort
Kidnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2011, 07:01 AM   #48
lucigo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidnurse View Post
DH is an O3, so we didn't go the SOG route either. We just got back from our vacation 9/13-9/18, and we stayed at CBR which for 6 days/5 nights was around $1600 including the dining plan. (We had originally planned on staying at Pop Century, but decided to pay a little extra for a fridge and slightly larger room.) We got the park hoppers for $138 each too. I loved it. I wouldn't have gone any other way with 2 young children. The convenience of being RIGHT THERE, having access to the bus service, access to the Magical Express to pick us up from the airport, and all the amenities were well worth it.
I do agree with you, that staying on-site is definitely my favorite way to go. When we had all 6 kids at home we had year passes and would go stay at a condo that we had found for $80 a night, 3 bedrooms, plenty of place for kids to have their own space, and it worked for us then. But for mom it was still work. I still had to cook, do laundry etc. The first time we did 2 rooms at Pop we had 4 kids with us and I found it to be much more of a vacation for ME, no driving, no cooking, and still had a door to shut at the end of the day.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #49
tryinginaustin
Earning My Ears

that is one of the main reason I want to stay on property!! I love the Mickey soaps, shampoos, etc...I do love when people sell the idea of a kitchen in the room, but with four kids I don't want to cook!! I would rather get a second job and save my pennies to stay on property!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:15 PM   #50
kirrrby
We're all mad here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryinginaustin View Post
that is one of the main reason I want to stay on property!! I love the Mickey soaps, shampoos, etc...I do love when people sell the idea of a kitchen in the room, but with four kids I don't want to cook!! I would rather get a second job and save my pennies to stay on property!!!
You don't have to scrounge around for Pennies underneath the couch. There ARE affordable ways to go to Disney. That's why I posted how we booked our trip in December. To give another perspective of how to book.

If you'd rather do this, there are Suites at All Stars. They have two pull out beds and a separate "master" bedroom. Two bathrooms and a kitchenette (fridge and microwave and cabinet area). The two pullouts are a double sized and a single. Depending on how old your kids are it might work. But possibly getting two rooms will come out better.

This is an example.
February 26th-March 3rd (Regular Season)
5 nights at All Star Sports. Two Rooms (You can request connecting rooms).
= 843/room before discount & taxes.
= 590 x 2 = 1180 x 13% taxes = 1333.00

OR
Same nights, family suite at All Star Music
= 1950 before discount and taxes
= 1365 x 13% = 1543.00

These are based on minimum discount of 30 percent.

"Yo ho, yo ho a Navy life for me"

I've eaten at 183 out of 241 restaurants at Walt Disney World (76%)

kirrrby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
budget, family, military

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: