Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #76
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

AWWww, he's taking u 2 the world! what a nice surprise... everything sounds grate so far how cute--> CATSABLANCA
Old 01-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #77
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

AWWww, he's taking u 2 the world! what a nice surprise... everything sounds great so far how cute --> CATSABLANCA

Last edited by virtuous girl; 01-25-2012 at 11:36 AM.
virtuous girl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #78
Fay
DIS Veteran

Talking

I just love your will you be my bridesmaid boxes... what a fab idea! Did the girls love them... Im presuming they said yes! Crazy not too! I wish I had done something like that... I just asked my girls... but i wish i had done something special!

Also I love your sAVE THE DATES... Very cute! I love the picture!

XXX

Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #79
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Hahaha Catsablanca

I love the fabrics! What a great idea. I really love the first one, that's the one that I would go with - did you find the fabric on etsy or did you get it somewhere else? Either way, it is so cute!

I'm also glad you finally ordered the cat cake toppers, those look so fun and I can't wait to see the ones you get
I am a sucker for cute things, so I really couldn't resist the fabrics. I think I'm definitely going to go with the first one for my garter, it seems more appropriate. But I'm sure I'll find a good use for the other one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
Hi Nicole, just followed you over from my TR.

You two are such a cute couple. OMG at your engagement, sounded absoultely wonderful. I LOL'd at the $12 ring, bless him. Your actually engagent ring is beautiful, much more engagementy then the first.

The theming for your wedding is lovely and unique, I can't wait to see it all come together.

Awww your cake topper is too cute. Etsy is very good but very addictive

I like the colour scheme, it's so unique and works well together.

I hear you on the 'save the date' thing. I can't use the abbrievation either. Your save the dates are brilliant, I don't blame your DF for wanting a watermark.

WOW - your 'will you be my bridesmaid?' project is so creative and wonderful, I'm pleased that they both said yes!

Catsablanca!

I like the fabrics for the garter, if it were me I'd chose the first one. It's so adorable.

Can't wait for your next update, you have me hooked. I've subbed in xxx
Thanks so much for joining in and your kind words! Reading your comment has me really thinking: wow, I am taking on a lot of DIY projects and I hope I can keep up the enthusiasm for the next year and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Holy cow!! You're "Will You Be My Bridesmaid" gifts are INCREDIBLE!! Awesome job!

Isn't Etsy the best? I'm obessed!!

I love the idea of making your own garter. The Aristocat fabric is amazing! Love it!

And, I love love love Catsablanca!!
Thank you very much! I'm thinking I may have to re-name my PJ to "Wishes in Catsablanca" soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
The artistocats fabric is adorable. I agree with the other ladies, the first fabric is my favorite as well.

I love the books you made for your bridesmaids, especially the lyrics from Newsies. I think I might have to watch that movie soon
Thank you for reading. And yay another Newsies fan! My friends and I were/are totally unabashedly obsessed with Newsies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Etsy looks so innocent, but it can be a dangerous, dangerous place. Your plans so far look phenomenal. Can't wait to hear more.
Thank you! Oh, Etsy is definitely dangerous. I have start resisting the urge to go on there, there are too many fabulous things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuous girl View Post
AWWww, he's taking u 2 the world! what a nice surprise... everything sounds grate so far how cute--> CATSABLANCA
Thank you! I really love the Catsablanca, who would have thought my two totally opposite theme ideas could fit so well into a single word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fay View Post
I just love your will you be my bridesmaid boxes... what a fab idea! Did the girls love them... Im presuming they said yes! Crazy not too! I wish I had done something like that... I just asked my girls... but i wish i had done something special!

Also I love your sAVE THE DATES... Very cute! I love the picture!

XXX
Oh I think my girls loved the boxes, and they did both say yes. My cousin and I both had a very tearful exchange which was amazing and sweet. Thank you for reading!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #80
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

The Scare of My Week

Thank you again ladies for all the lovely comments!

So, I don't really have too much to say that's wedding planning related but I did have a little fright earlier this week, that I think is relevant enough to add to the journal. On this past Monday morning I was sitting on the bus. I forgot my gloves at home, so with little else to distract me my eyes were drawn down to my hand to admire my engagement ring.

This is when I noticed something seemed odd. It took a few moments for me to actually register what was wrong... one of the stones was missing and there's was an empty hole. I was really shocked and unhappy. I was stupidly looking around myself on the bus and in my pockets and everywhere. And I was about ready to cry. I reluctantly got off the bus - again stupid, because obviously it hadn't JUST popped out of my ring the moment I noticed it - and walked to the studio where my classes are held.

When I got in the building I kind of stood around uselessly and looked around my area and all the places I usually go. All the while I was thinking this is totally pointless, the cleaners vacuum the studio every night.

Now... I tell you what, it must be a sign or an omen that I am marrying the right man, because in the next few seconds, I found the missing stone. It was in a tote bag I had accidently left at the studio the night before. I had sort of shocked sigh of relief and still spent the rest of the morning walking around like I didn't know where I was.

Here are a couple (not too great) photos to demonstrate the miracle of me actually finding this thing out of all the million places it could have been (that are also frequently vacuumed):

Penny reference for size of speck that I managed to miraculously find.

I do unfortunately have to walk around with a sad little hole in my ring for the next few weeks, but at least I know where my speck of a stone is... safe and sound at home, taped to the inside of my ring box.
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo

Last edited by LittleKittyMarie; 02-05-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:41 PM   #81
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad things worked out in the end!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #82
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

So, I just read through your whole pj so far and I have to say I love all of your plans! Your engagement story was so cute and the whole missing ring thing just adds to it's charm. I also loved your save the dates and the book invitation idea is so cool! I hope those work out!

I've chosen a really similar color palette (blush, a peachy shade of pink, and pewter) so, of course, I adore yours.

As everyone else has said, your theme is so special and I'm excited to follow along with your plans. Yay, 2013 brides! Subscribed!

Married at the Wedding Pavilion & Grand Floridan - 2013

Disney Fantasy - October 2013 Honeymoon!
Disney Wonder - November 2014 Anniversary Trip

Expedition Everest Challenge - 2012
Disney Princess Half Marathon - 2012
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2013

Way too many WDW trips to count!
tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #83
Allyourwishes
Earning My Ears

I'm loving this planning thread so far. Your cake topper is adorable I've had the monkies from the same seller pinned on pinterest for sometime now but they have so many cute one's to choose from even the lobsters are sweet lol.

What an amazing stroke of luck finding the diamond talk about emotional highs and lows.

I do have a little question since you love the Casablanca movie and are basing your wedding on it did you ever consider holding it in the Great Movie ride at the Casablanca section? Don't get me wrong I love your location choices I'm hoping for Morocco myself I was just curious
Old 02-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #84
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Oh no! So glad you found the stone. What a nightmare eh? But I think you right, it must be a sign. A panic inducing one, but a sign none the less xx
Old 03-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #85
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

OMG that is extremely lucky about your ring. I would have been going nuts tearing the place apart LOL.

Can't wait to see more of your plans progress.

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #86
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

I lost my engagement ring in the grass for about 45 minutes at a restaurant right before I got it re-sized. I'm right there with you! I'm glad you found your stone!!

:hugs!
Old 03-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #88
Wshs0127
Mouseketeer

Just joining in on your PJ...

Love the ring, it's so unique! You are so crafty, those bridesmaids boxes were amazing! I also love the movie "Love Actually" and it's cool that you picked music from that!

So glad you found the missing stone, I can't imagine the panic, what luck that was!
Wshs0127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #89
DisneyBrideCKB
Mouseketeer

I second that "just joining in on your pj!" but I am so glad I found it. Your ideas are wonderful so far! I love your theme and your e-ring! (I mean that in an amazing, shocked, jaw hit the floor kind of way!) Uh-AWESOME!
I wish wish wish I had been thoughtful enough to do bridesmaids boxes like you did. I feel like such a do-do that I just called and asked. MAN! I wish I had read this before hand!
Can't wait to see how the rest of your plans turn out! I'm officially stalking you now!

Kathryn & Charles PJ!
October 6th, 2012
WDW, WP / GF
DisneyBrideCKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #90
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Back from the Abyss...

Thank you everyone for all the comments, and to the new readers who joined in while I was on hiatus. I usually reply to every comment, but since it's been over two months since I've last been here I'm going to skip it this time. And I also apologize to all the PJs I was following, I've been doing a very poor job of catching up and commenting, but I hope to rectify that soon!

A lot has happened since my little ring scare, but unfortunately not very much has been wedding related. As I mentioned way back in my very first post I was attending school for costume design/creation, and as of this past Saturday I am officially finished! I'm pretty excited. The program was extremely intense in the last semester, and my fellow students and I had to deal with more than our fair share. We put on two productions, for one of which I had to make two late nineteenth-century ballgowns. I made a late nineteenth-century tailcoat tuxedo for my DF (and got a lot of questions about if he'd be wearing at our wedding, no way! - ). And I also made a 1910-1912 replica gown for the 100th anniversary of the Titanic's sinking.

Our class's final project was to make the gown from the underwear out and then present it in a fashion show. Since the program is in Halifax, Nova Scotia there was A LOT of press around our event and I was interviewed by the radio, newspaper and the local tv news. The whole thing was insane, especially considering all this was happening while I was putting in several 16-hour days of construction into this gown. Oh, and did I mention while all this was going on we also had to juggle two different faculty/staff strikes (that were luckily averted in the eleventh hour) and a six-week long transit strike. At this point I'm barely recovered but I've been looking too forward to getting back to my PJ to stay away any longer!

[Wedding stuff starts here]
Needless to say after all that exposition, I don't have a ton of updates to share. However, DF and I made the major step of actually calling Disney to start our DFTW process! We called first in February, while I was at home for reading week/spring break, because it was my understanding that we could start after the 18-month mark. Well, apparently that's changed. The lady on the phone told us they wouldn't talk to us until the 16-month mark, which was March. Fine. We called back last month and we are officially in the system! We told them our preferred date, location choices and scheduled a site visit for this upcoming August. So excited!

I have to ask though, is that all that is typically covered with the wedding consultant. I feel like I should have millions of questions or something but I don't know if I should be asking the consultant or waiting for our planner... or really what I should be doing at all?!

Other than that, DF and I have been making a lot of headway with our invitations. We have most of the pages for invite-books finished, and we just need to make a few more graphics and wait to settle a few important details - like, you know - the date! Then we'll be all set for printing and constructing. We're hoping to have them sent out by September at the latest so that no one can say we didn't give them enough time! (They probably still will, but, I'll worry about that later).

This weekend is a bridal show that my mom and I are going to go to. My mom asked me pretty early on if she and I could go to the first couple of these things just she and I, which I'm fine with. Generally my mom and I have similar taste, so I'm not too worried about major drama between us over picking a dress, but I guess this weekend is the first test.

Okay, now that I've bored everyone with all that text, hopefully next time I'll be back with some photos of pretty things from the show!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: