Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2014, 08:35 AM   #1
Dvcmbr09
Mouseketeer

Heather and Jim's 2015 WDW Wedding

First I like to say I am not the best writer and I have a tendency to get lost on tangents. I apologize now, for posts that maybe all over the place.

We are not engaged yet, but will be soon. Jim and I have talk candidly about marriage and children from the very beginning of our relationship. We are both painfully aware that no one is a fortune teller, it's hard to say what will happen months or years from now. But as time moved forward we knew we wanted to spend our lives together married or not! So we began planning. And there was no question where our wedding would take place! And for me that was alway the place I dreamed of getting engaged! That being said we are getting engaged on our next trip to disney which is in about 2 weeks 😁. I don't know what ring looks like, when or where exactly he is going to propose during our 4 days there. I also got him a really nice gift (which I will reveal later after he has received it cause he is also DISer and may read this)

Here's a little about us. We met online on disdates.com. Jim is divorced with two teenage daughters, 17 & 14. For those of you who are step parents you know the challenges this brings. We know we are lucky and things could be more complicated. I am so proud of the girls with how they have dealt with their parents divorce and their parents relationship with new people. My parents divorced after being married for over 25 years. I was in my early twenties and had a hard time with it, so I can understand some of what girls going through. Enough of that I am sure I can start a thread on the challenges of being step family, lol.

We have thought about ever different option for our wedding at disney, from memories to escapes to wishes. We have also thought about swan and dolphin, but for me it's doesn't feel like disney. Right now I think we have decided to go with wishes but just have immediate family and close friends. Which if everyone came would total 26 adults, 4 kids, 6 children plus us. If just immediate family came it would total 18 adults, 2 kids, 2 children plus us. Although my best friend said she was coming even if she wasn't invited. She really wants to go to disney and needs a good reason to justify spending the money. I love her she and I have been through many many things in life together!!!!!!!! So that leans me towards inviting both immediate family and close friends. Jim and I love sea breeze point and the attic. I know disney may give us trouble with out total guest count at the attic. I would like to add a sweat heart table for us in there, that way our 36 guest have spot at the tables to sit and eat as well as us. But not sure if disney will say by adding sweat heart table we will decrease the seating capacity. I guess I will soon find out.

We also have to have an illuminations dessert party. Illuminations is Jim favorite fireworks, mine is wishes. But I think that as far as firework dessert party illuminations is cooler! In the many trips to disney I took with my family growing up (we went every spring break since I was 3) I remember see the parties at Italy or France or the locations in Epcot and always wanted to have a party there!!! I remember thinking how cool it would be to have a party in disney!! For Jim and I UK lockside is a great fit for our guest count and it's secluded. I didn't even know it existed until I started planning. I been visiting disney since I was 3 and I had no idea uk lockside was there, I felt like I found a hidden Mickey, lol!!

We would also like to host a welcome dinner, we been thinking about doing this at Ohana's. I have always loved the polynesian, I always felt its romantic. I love visiting and spending time there. We both love eating at kona. And on a recent trip we went to ohana for first time together and loved it. I have been to that restaurant but that was before it was called ohana, I can't for the life if me think of what it was called before. I remember going there when I was very little, it was very different and then when I was in high school. Both those times we went for breakfast, I don't remember ever going for dinner until recently with Jim.

Well still very much and planning and dreaming stages. First things first, lol, engagement! I still have to figure out how I want to present Jim his gift! I kind of want it to be my proposal to him but not steal any thunder from his proposal to me. I have some ideas what he might do, we have dinner reservations each night at romantic restaurants so he could propose during dinner any night. He has mentioned he heard a couple pulled over as soon as the drove onto property and the guy proposed, a bit weird but so cute! He may propose during fireworks, but I did tell him I didn't want it to happen in front of people. I rather it was an intimate moment but the two of us. Well I guess I will find out soon enough. No matter what happens I will love it, because I love him and we will be in disney! More to come...
Dvcmbr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:50 PM   #2
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Following along! Plans sound great!

I can't wait to hear about the engagement
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2014, 04:58 PM   #3
Dvcmbr09
Mouseketeer

Thank you, I am excited!!!
Old 02-27-2014, 10:22 PM   #4
Dvcmbr09
Mouseketeer

We are leaving for Florida in 4 days, so excited! I have to pack still and make sure not forget my DBF engagement gift, our magic bands, my bride Minnie ears. I am going to try to make baseball cap mickey ears for soon to be DF. More information soon to come.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:14 PM   #5
lthiesfeld07
Mouseketeer

Subscribing!!
4 days, I'm jealous!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
1997- Dixie Landings * 2002- ASMo * Aug 2011- Off-site Jan 2012- CBR * April 2012- OKW *June 2012- ASMu *September 2012- Pop/Kidani *March 2013- ASMu/Kidani *July 2013 AEP- CSR/Contemporary *October 2013- ASMu/Contemporary *December 2013- POR June 2014 Engagement Trip- AKL-Jambo

lthiesfeld07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:20 AM   #6
Dvcmbr09
Mouseketeer

Leaving tomorrow!!!!! Except I keep thinking we going straight to disney, lol, we are not. We are going to visit my grandparents and then DBF parents first. So won't be in disney till Friday. Still very excited to be in Florida and to see family! We both can't wait to enjoy warm weather! Side-note: DBF read my posts and said I can't wear my Minnie bride ears until we get married (I have the white headband one). I know I can do whatever I want, but just wondering what others think? Thanks °O°
Old 03-03-2014, 10:46 AM   #7
lcataldimay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvcmbr09 View Post
Leaving tomorrow!!!!! Except I keep thinking we going straight to disney, lol, we are not. We are going to visit my grandparents and then DBF parents first. So won't be in disney till Friday. Still very excited to be in Florida and to see family! We both can't wait to enjoy warm weather! Side-note: DBF read my posts and said I can't wear my Minnie bride ears until we get married (I have the white headband one). I know I can do whatever I want, but just wondering what others think? Thanks °O°
We will be down there also! Doing our DFTW Vow Renewal on Saturday at 3pm at Luau Beach!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:26 PM   #8
Dvcmbr09
Mouseketeer

Congratulations!!!!! Very excited for you!! We will send ya good vibes on Saturday while we around disney!!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:25 PM   #9
Dvcmbr09
Mouseketeer

We are here in Florida it is so nice to be away from the cold weather, did I say cold I meant freezing cold weather! We are visiting with my grandparents and today my grandmother starts talking to me about my mom getting engaged and the possibility of her having her wedding in disney (oh yes by the way my mom got engage a month or so ago and her and her fiancé are big disney fans too, they also own DVC). So my grandmother then changes that convo to me, about me getting married and "you better do it soon so I can go." I wanted to tell her that we are getting engaged in a few days but 1) I don't want to jinx myself and 2) I felt it would also ruin that moment we got engaged and then shared it with everyone. Although my grandma my be upset she didn't get to see the ring in person, but then again maybe they would drive up to spend some time. I don't know it is a 3 hour drive for them. I guess we will see.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:50 PM   #10
lcataldimay
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear about it!
Old 03-06-2014, 01:10 AM   #11
pepe3penelope
Princess Ariel at Heart

Following along!

pepe3penelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:11 PM   #12
Dvcmbr09
Mouseketeer

We are now visiting with DBF parents at their condo, they are renting, on the beach. Tomorrow evening we will be in disney, I am very excited!
Old 03-08-2014, 09:45 PM   #13
Dvcmbr09
Mouseketeer

Waiting for the monorail right now, lots of people leaving EPCOT, the line went all the way to entrance of monorail.
Update: Jim proposed last night right before wishes started!!!!! Excited!! I will post pics as soon as I can figure out how to do so, lol. Both my grandma and Jim's mom were bummed he didn't tell them or that he didn't propose at either of their homes, lol. They were both very happy for us!!
I did bring my Minnie bride ears (Jim let me know he read that there were many ladies that wore their ears after they got engaged, lol, duh) ☺️ I was going to bring them either way.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:12 PM   #14
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Yay congrats!!!! Now the fun really starts
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:00 AM   #15
lthiesfeld07
Mouseketeer

Congratulations!!
I can't wait to see pictures!
1997- Dixie Landings * 2002- ASMo * Aug 2011- Off-site Jan 2012- CBR * April 2012- OKW *June 2012- ASMu *September 2012- Pop/Kidani *March 2013- ASMu/Kidani *July 2013 AEP- CSR/Contemporary *October 2013- ASMu/Contemporary *December 2013- POR June 2014 Engagement Trip- AKL-Jambo

lthiesfeld07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: