Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2011, 11:25 PM   #151
DisneyDork712
DIS Veteran

I love your latest installment! I have read all of your trip reports so far! You and your friends remind me so much of me and my best friend Cathy, even down to the drooling for hours over the food pictures! We went on our Senior trip together in 2001, and we are still planning trips together!! And, yes, we get just as excited as you guys! I think Cathy and I both fit very well into the 'frump' category! lol

Can't wait to hear about the surprise!!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:36 AM   #152
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Bahaha Corona Springs!
Ahh that first pic of Nat is priceless! I love it!

I am so glad that Nat and Stacey's first meeting went so well! Its important that everyone loves and appreciates Stacey as much as she deserves

Mmm Pepper Market does sound better in a British Accent... in a very British sentence .."Oh Father, do let us go to the Pepper Market. I promise we shall be ever so good.." haha

Dang rowdy kids! Good thing you were in the 'Disney first day trance'. Everything is so happy and magical when you first arrive, I love it!!

Ahhh yummmmm!!! Those pictures look so good!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2011, 05:10 AM   #153
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay, I love all of your Coronado Springs pictures, I'm staying there for a night (in 3 DAYS! ) before we switch over to WL, I can't wait, it looks so pretty!

Awww, Nat is so cute, you can tell how excited she is! Love that she had to officially meet Stacey!

The Pepper Market seems so weird to me, but it looks like everything is really good there!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 09-26-2011, 07:42 AM   #154
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the title of this update.

YAY you're there! In your room. And all wet. That happened a lot haha. The rooms are soo pretty though I liked them a lot. The window thing is a value/mod thing though cause they don't have private balconies.

I like your view anyway And the convenience level to mine. Perfect!

STACE! Hahah "Hi Stacey nice to meet you." Gotta love Nat. I can like hear her saying that LOL.

Dinner. Mmmmm. I never got a chance to eat at Pepper Market...oh well. Maybe next time I stay there....whenever that may be haha. Everything looks delicious though. I want quesadillas now haha.

YAYYY FOR PLAN SURPRISE THE FRUMP!!!!!!! That's me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 09-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #155
okw19
DIS Veteran

Corona Springs! That would be a different type of resort for sure. Pepper Market always looks so yummy. I can't wait to hear more!

Old 09-26-2011, 08:16 AM   #156
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Yay! You're in the room! The rooms at Coronado are so pretty. I love the teal and dark brown together a lot.

Pepper Market seems really neat. That chicken alfredo looks delicious! Maybe I'll make some pasta for lunch today...

SO EXCITED to hear about the BIG SURPRISE!!!!!!!!

Old 09-26-2011, 09:14 AM   #157
foodrocksluver
It's been you all along

So I have this theory about Coronado Springs. It's a rain maker. Every time I've stayed there (which is always at the beginning of our trip. We are DVC members and always tend to arrive on the weekend when points are at their highest. So we stay at a moderate the first night to save our points!) it POURS for about an hour and then it gets nice and sunny again. And this hasn't happened once in a while at Coronado, it's happened EVERY SINGLE TIME we've stayed there. So naturally it would pour on you too.

The new rooms look beautiful. I think they were refurbished within the past year. I love all the hidden Mickeys!

I love the pepper market. I usually have to walk around a few times and see all the food before making a decision as to what to get. And that strawberry shortcake looked delish (but it would be my favorite dessert of all time so perhaps I'm biased).
Old 09-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #158
SarahDreamsInDisney
Earning My Ears

Yay you made it! The rooms looks awesome and that's great you guys got moved to Casitas. I'm requesting Casitas building 4 for my trip in 20 days. Can't wait to see mission: surprise swing into action...
Old 09-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #159
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Yay can't wait to see the surprise the frump update!
Old 09-26-2011, 10:56 AM   #160
PrincessMaggie618
One of those Frumps

AHHH your room is so adorable! So many hidden Mickeys! Hahahah Nat talked to Stacey, she looked very excited to meet her!
Oh my god, the desserts look sooooo good. Do we get Kristen's reaction in the next post!? I'm dying to see it!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:05 AM   #161
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDork712 View Post
I love your latest installment! I have read all of your trip reports so far! You and your friends remind me so much of me and my best friend Cathy, even down to the drooling for hours over the food pictures! We went on our Senior trip together in 2001, and we are still planning trips together!! And, yes, we get just as excited as you guys! I think Cathy and I both fit very well into the 'frump' category! lol

Can't wait to hear about the surprise!!
Thank you! And thanks for reading! That is SO cute that you guys still travel together... I'm not even kidding, that's going to be me and Kristen. I don't think we'll ever stop planning Disney trips because we're just a little obsessed. It sounds like you guys are frumps - that's AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Bahaha Corona Springs!
Ahh that first pic of Nat is priceless! I love it!

I am so glad that Nat and Stacey's first meeting went so well! Its important that everyone loves and appreciates Stacey as much as she deserves

Mmm Pepper Market does sound better in a British Accent... in a very British sentence .."Oh Father, do let us go to the Pepper Market. I promise we shall be ever so good.." haha

Dang rowdy kids! Good thing you were in the 'Disney first day trance'. Everything is so happy and magical when you first arrive, I love it!!

Ahhh yummmmm!!! Those pictures look so good!
Hahahaha
That one was captured from my video camera... it sure knows how to pick out frumpy poses.
We introduced Nat to Stacey on youtube... so she was excited to see her "in person." Yayy for stace <3
Hahahaha I know right?
Exactly! Perfect timing.
Thanks! Our meals were delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay, I love all of your Coronado Springs pictures, I'm staying there for a night (in 3 DAYS! ) before we switch over to WL, I can't wait, it looks so pretty!

Awww, Nat is so cute, you can tell how excited she is! Love that she had to officially meet Stacey!

The Pepper Market seems so weird to me, but it looks like everything is really good there!
Ahhh lucky lucky! That's going to be lovely! Enjoy both resorts - I love them both so much!
Haha just wait until you see the video... she's VERY excited.
You'll have to try it out! It's pretty fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
I LOVE the title of this update.

YAY you're there! In your room. And all wet. That happened a lot haha. The rooms are soo pretty though I liked them a lot. The window thing is a value/mod thing though cause they don't have private balconies.

I like your view anyway And the convenience level to mine. Perfect!

STACE! Hahah "Hi Stacey nice to meet you." Gotta love Nat. I can like hear her saying that LOL.

Dinner. Mmmmm. I never got a chance to eat at Pepper Market...oh well. Maybe next time I stay there....whenever that may be haha. Everything looks delicious though. I want quesadillas now haha.

YAYYY FOR PLAN SURPRISE THE FRUMP!!!!!!! That's me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha oh thank you
Yeah it did! It rained a lot. But actually... it wasn't as bad as it could have been. So that's good.
Ah yes, no balconies. Oh well... I got over it. I was in Disney! Our view was pretty decent... and the convenience was so worth it.
Haha with Sue's desire to stay at AKL it may be a while until you go back there! But that's okay! Maybe we'll go back someday. (although I'd rather go to the other moderates first because I need to stay at them all!)
I love quesadillas. Why are they so good!?
YAYY I'm excited for that update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw19 View Post
Corona Springs! That would be a different type of resort for sure. Pepper Market always looks so yummy. I can't wait to hear more!
Hahaha oh definitely. I don't think it would be located in Disney World It was delicious! I'm excited to share more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Yay! You're in the room! The rooms at Coronado are so pretty. I love the teal and dark brown together a lot.

Pepper Market seems really neat. That chicken alfredo looks delicious! Maybe I'll make some pasta for lunch today...

SO EXCITED to hear about the BIG SURPRISE!!!!!!!!
Yay! I love that too... it looks classy.
It is a cool restaurant. I like it a lot! It was VERY yummy... and I seriously just had pasta for lunch I love it so much.
YAYYY the surprise is coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodrocksluver View Post
So I have this theory about Coronado Springs. It's a rain maker. Every time I've stayed there (which is always at the beginning of our trip. We are DVC members and always tend to arrive on the weekend when points are at their highest. So we stay at a moderate the first night to save our points!) it POURS for about an hour and then it gets nice and sunny again. And this hasn't happened once in a while at Coronado, it's happened EVERY SINGLE TIME we've stayed there. So naturally it would pour on you too.

The new rooms look beautiful. I think they were refurbished within the past year. I love all the hidden Mickeys!

I love the pepper market. I usually have to walk around a few times and see all the food before making a decision as to what to get. And that strawberry shortcake looked delish (but it would be my favorite dessert of all time so perhaps I'm biased).
Well that explains it! LOL I can't believe that happens every time! The weather must just pay attention to when disers stay at Coronado so it can rain!
Yeah I think they were! They're cute - I like them a lot!
I love it too! I know... it definitely took me some time to decide. But it was yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahDreamsInDisney View Post
Yay you made it! The rooms looks awesome and that's great you guys got moved to Casitas. I'm requesting Casitas building 4 for my trip in 20 days. Can't wait to see mission: surprise swing into action...
Yay! It was great and Casitas 5 was awesome! I hope you get in Casitas 4... it's SUCH a nice location. Have a magical trip and enjoy! I am excited to share the surprise, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Yay can't wait to see the surprise the frump update!
Yayy I can't wait to post it!
Old 09-26-2011, 11:17 AM   #162
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

yay a update

Sorry that you got rained on on your way to your room. I seriously hate being rained on, especially in disney. oh well, at least your room wasn't 2 far away from the main area.

Love all the hidden mickeys in the room. I love looking for them.

Since my family pretty much always stays in the value resorts it never really occured to me that the windows would be toward the back of the room. Now that i think about it that would make sense for the nicer resorts to have windows in the back where the view is better.

Yay for Stacey, cute that nat was so excited to meet stacey that she actually said, "Hi Stacey, Nice to meet you". She looked super excited in the picture.

My mom is the same way about packing. She also just started having this thing where she wants us to pack our clothes that we wore each day in the suitcase so we would have less packing to do later. I'm also glad that she has me do all of that early because like you, i would have been 2 tired later on to unpack or pack again at the end of the trip.

Yay for your first disney food experience of the trip. 2 bad it was super crowded though You food looks good though, especially the dessert (Insert deer face here)

Lol about telling Nat to eat slower in disney, it really is true for several reasons

Love the name of your plan for kristen, "Surprise the Frump"

Can't wait for more
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Old 09-26-2011, 01:07 PM   #163
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
yay a update

Sorry that you got rained on on your way to your room. I seriously hate being rained on, especially in disney. oh well, at least your room wasn't 2 far away from the main area.

Love all the hidden mickeys in the room. I love looking for them.

Since my family pretty much always stays in the value resorts it never really occured to me that the windows would be toward the back of the room. Now that i think about it that would make sense for the nicer resorts to have windows in the back where the view is better.

Yay for Stacey, cute that nat was so excited to meet stacey that she actually said, "Hi Stacey, Nice to meet you". She looked super excited in the picture.

My mom is the same way about packing. She also just started having this thing where she wants us to pack our clothes that we wore each day in the suitcase so we would have less packing to do later. I'm also glad that she has me do all of that early because like you, i would have been 2 tired later on to unpack or pack again at the end of the trip.

Yay for your first disney food experience of the trip. 2 bad it was super crowded though You food looks good though, especially the dessert (Insert deer face here)

Lol about telling Nat to eat slower in disney, it really is true for several reasons

Love the name of your plan for kristen, "Surprise the Frump"

Can't wait for more
Haha honestly it was totally fine. We were so happy to be there that it didn't even matter!
Nat loved Stacey! I was so glad... cuz she is always on TV when I'm in Disney!
I do that when I pack too. It's much easier when you're actually on vacation. Vickie told us that when her brother, Tim, packed for this trip, he only grabbed whatever was in the specific load of laundry that just finished before he left. He got to Disney and realized that he only brought one shirt So he had to make an investment in T-Shirts for their vacation hahaha
It was very good food
Yeah, it's important to enjoy disney food! She understood.
Ha oh thanks!
Old 09-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #164
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Nice pics! What kind of camera do you use? Im researching for a new one for my next Disney vacation.

Also I was wondering if I could see some pages of your trip journal?
Im thinking about keeping one next time I go. Just looking for an idea of what to document and how to go about it.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #165
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck View Post
Nice pics! What kind of camera do you use? Im researching for a new one for my next Disney vacation.

Also I was wondering if I could see some pages of your trip journal?
Im thinking about keeping one next time I go. Just looking for an idea of what to document and how to go about it.
Good timing on your question - my camera is right next to me!
Thank you very much! I use a Nikon D3100. I LOVE it. It's a little expensive, but we made the investment because we knew that our family would use it. I really am impressed with the camera and the quality of the pictures is really incredible. I oftentimes use iPhoto to adjust the pictures, however, I didn't have to do much of that for this trip. I just had to do a lot of cropping because it doesn't zoom very far. You need a separate lens for that.

And as for my trip journal, I got it at Walgreens, and it's pretty small. It fits right in my park bag. I just put a pen in the spiral part, bring it with me, and I'm good to go!

If you are going to keep one, I would recommend keeping up with the journal throughout the day. I usually write in it when I'm on the bus or at a meal, because if I get too far behind, I will never catch up. I never successfully kept a trip journal until this past January, but I knew I wanted to do a Trip Report, so it gave me motivation.

Here's a picture of my Trip Journal from this past trip:

And here's the inside. I usually just keep bullet points, but they're generally pretty descriptive because I know I'll forget the little details.

And p.s. my handwriting is usually neater... however, I try to write as fast as possible, so it gets a little messy in my Trip Journals

I hope that helps!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: