Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 01:06 AM   #1
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

One Day Plan - UPDATED WITH OUR DAY!!

We will be at Disney next Tuesday night and will do DTD. On Wednesday we will have hopper passes and have one day in the parks.

We have been a few times in the last couple of years and were there in December.

I would like to do the following. Any suggestions re: order and if this is doable.

MK - As much as possible. Even if it is a few rides, but I would like to walk the park. We will not need to do Space or Splash Mountain. I like to do Philharmagic, Peter Pan, maybe the new Fantasy area, Haunted Manion, BTMRR, and Wishes. I would love lunch at BOG but I am content with Columbia Harbour House. Only snack - Dole Whip.

Epcot: Soarin, Test Track, Figment and a Grey Goose drink. If we have time I would love to do Ellens ride but I know it is long. DS would most likely want to stop at China for CS meal. I would like to get a caramel or two.

Hollywood Studio's - RnR, TSM, Beauty and the Beast show, and depending on time, one more attraction.

We will forgo Animal Kingdom but if we had time we would only ride EE, Dinosaur, and see the Nemo show.

I know this is not going to all happen. I am a realist but I have never done just one day at the parks.

On Thursday Morning we will go over to Poly have breakfast at Kona, go pack up and get on the road for our two day trip back home.

If you got this far and would like to help I would appreciate it. If it makes a difference, I do use a GAC for sun exposure and no stairs. I also have problems with smoosh area's like waiting for Philharmagic, but CM's are really nice and let me hang out in the back and seating is not important.

Did I miss anything also? really sorry so long!

Last edited by Tinker'n'Fun; 02-24-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #2
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker'n'Fun View Post
We will be at Disney next Tuesday night and will do DTD. On Wednesday we will have hopper passes and have one day in the parks.

We have been a few times in the last couple of years and were there in December.

I would like to do the following. Any suggestions re: order and if this is doable.

MK - As much as possible. Even if it is a few rides, but I would like to walk the park. We will not need to do Space or Splash Mountain. I like to do Philharmagic, Peter Pan, maybe the new Fantasy area, Haunted Manion, BTMRR, and Wishes. I would love lunch at BOG but I am content with Columbia Harbour House. Only snack - Dole Whip.

Epcot: Soarin, Test Track, Figment and a Grey Goose drink. If we have time I would love to do Ellens ride but I know it is long. DS would most likely want to stop at China for CS meal. I would like to get a caramel or two.

Hollywood Studio's - RnR, TSM, Beauty and the Beast show, and depending on time, one more attraction.

We will forgo Animal Kingdom but if we had time we would only ride EE, Dinosaur, and see the Nemo show.

I know this is not going to all happen. I am a realist but I have never done just one day at the parks.

On Thursday Morning we will go over to Poly have breakfast at Kona, go pack up and get on the road for our two day trip back home.

If you got this far and would like to help I would appreciate it. If it makes a difference, I do use a GAC for sun exposure and no stairs. I also have problems with smoosh area's like waiting for Philharmagic, but CM's are really nice and let me hang out in the back and seating is not important.

Did I miss anything also? really sorry so long!
Are you staying on site? That could add some time to your schedule. Are you staying until close? If so, I would chose my parks based on the latest hours for the last park.

Here is a link to my family's four park experience last June. We had a lot of fun!

I prefer MK at night, so I would start in Disney Hollywood Studios, take the boat down to Epcot for lunch and do your attractions, and monorail to MK for the night. This is very doable. The boat ride and the monorail are nice diversions too.

Just have fun!
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

The following rides are the ones that are going to be problematic (long waits unless you do them at park opening or use Fast Passes for them);

MK - Peter Pan, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Enchanted Tales with Belle (in New Fantasyland)
EP - Soarin, new Test Track
HS - Toy Story Mania, Rock n Roller Coaster

Toy Story Mania will be most problematical, so I agree with PP that you should do HS first. You could get both TSM and RnRC done within the first hour. However, the Beauty & the Beast show will be a big problem, because the first showing is not likely to be until 11:30 or later.

Assuming you are willing to skip Beauty & the Beast, you could get to Epcot by 10:30 or so, which should enable you to get Sorain Fast Passes with a mid-afternoon return time. You could do Single-Rider lane at Test Track.

Assuming you ride Soarin about 3:00, you could then head to MK and get Fast Passes for Peter Pan or Big Thunder first thing. I would check to see when Enchanted Tales with Belle will be closing and would show up for it within the last 30 minutes before its close (for likely the shortest wait for it).

It's possible that when your Fast Passes for Peter Pan or Big Thunder mature that you could then get Fast Passes for the other one, but if not, then you'll have to ride one of them Standby (the later in the evening, the shorter the wait is likely to be for either of them).

Historical Orlando weather data here: http://www.leaveittogenie.com/weather.html
Old 02-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
Tinker'n'Fun

Thanks, yes we are staying on site so we can take advantage of any EMH hours. I haven't looked at the time schedule yet. This is a last minute change to a "look at colleges" trip.

I am off to read the first "marathon day" report. Can't wait to see how it worked out!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #5
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

PPs have already given great advice. I will only add my recommendation that you drive to the parks instead of using Disney transportation. 99% of the time, driving is the quickest way to get around. While very relaxing, the boat between DHS & Epcot takes quite a while as it makes several stops and goes at a leisurely pace. I would not recommend this on a day like the one you're proposing. Trying to use the bus system will take even longer.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
Old 02-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #6
Tinker'n'Fun

Thought I would post an update on how my day went:

We arrived at HS at 9ish. We stayed off-site which was a first for us and I guess it requires extra planning that I did not do... !

At HS we did the following:

Star Tours
Toy Story Mania
Rock n Rollercoaster
Great Movie Ride (Cowboy version)
~ grabbed a Mickey bar and DS shopped a bit (had to have the perfect gift for his girlfriend. This happened a LOT at the parks so I won't add it again, but believe me it was a thorn in my side).

We took the boat over to Epcot:

Walked and had lunch in China Counter Service
Walked back to France and had a few Grey Goose's to walk with.
Figment
Soarin'
Test Track (which was down a bit in during our line we waited it out)
Spaceship Earth

We took the Monorail to MK: (note MK was wall of people)

DS went and got a haircut at the Barbershop
Jungle Cruise
Magic Carpets
Tried POTC (ride was down)
Tried Splash (ride was down)
Big Thunder Mountain
Haunted Mansion
Ate at Columbia Harbour House
Ariel's new ride
Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan
Mickey's Philharmagic
The new Castle Show
Wishes
Big Thunder Mountain
Mickey's Philharmagic
Buzz Lightyear

Well that was it. I didn't know about Splash being down and Pirates was my biggest disappointment. We used the app and even though it said it was running every single time we went over it was already down.

While I don't recommend this type of day at my age, it was tons of fun and renewed my passion for the hopper pass. We have been doing one park a day for a bit but I need to re-examine that.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #7
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Moving to trip reports

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: