Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2011, 09:22 PM   #31
alabamagirl
I wish I may, I wish I might, on the first DOLE WHIP I see tonight

I'm 12 weeks pregnant with our second child. Due March 28. DS is 2 and has been to Disney twice already! Considering going back Dec 17-22 this year. Not sure I want to fight tge crowds though.....I'll be 6 months preggo by then. Any thoughts?
alabamagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:12 AM   #32
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

I'm 7 weeks pregnant with our 4th child. We did an IVF prior to my last trip to Disney and found out a few days into our trip last month that I was expecting. We found out last week that we were expecting a single baby which will be so much different then my triplet pregnancy. We were planning another trip to Disney in May but have decided to postpone it as I am due in May. Maybe we'll try for a September or October trip next year.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2011, 08:17 PM   #33
mdcousins
Earning My Ears

Hi, congrats to all of you!!

Need some preggo advice! My sister and I have planned a huge extended family trip to DW for Christmas.

Shortly after telling all involved, my sister found out that she is pregnant. She is now 21 weeks.

She will be 34 weeks when we go to DW. I have tried to convence her to postpone her trip, but she is refusing bc she doesn't want to disappoint her son. There are 10 of us going, 8 have never been before, including her. Advice please....am I right discouraging her from going?
mdcousins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #34
daniele_ut
Mouseketeer

I'm 24 weeks, due with my 4th baby (though our 3rd living child) on January 9th. We have a 6 year old son and a 3 year old daughter and this baby is a boy.

We had to cancel our August trip to WDW because of some pregnancy complications that I have (complete placenta previa and placenta accreta) and I am on modified bed rest with NO travel until I deliver. He'll be coming at 36 weeks because it isn't safe for me to go into labor, so he'll be here around December 12th.

I'm hoping that we can reschedule our trip for next spring, though it will probably end up being Disneyland again instead of WDW.

daniele_ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #35
swthrtpallanes
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone! I am 19 weeks and expecting a girl in February!

I am acctually going to Disneyland next month and hope to be back in November when my baby is 9mo for her first trip!
I will probably wait till she is 4 before I make the big trip to WDW. I don't want to deal with "baby" stuff on the plane like diaper changes or bottles. Plus I am hoping she will be tall enough for most rides. Meanwhile I can get my fix at Disneyland!

My nursery will have as much Minnie as possible.
Ethan
Samantha
swthrtpallanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:21 AM   #36
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdcousins View Post
She will be 34 weeks when we go to DW. I have tried to convence her to postpone her trip, but she is refusing bc she doesn't want to disappoint her son. There are 10 of us going, 8 have never been before, including her. Advice please....am I right discouraging her from going?
I wouldn't go at 34 weeks. It's too close to birth. I know that my Dr doesn't let anyone flying after 30 weeks and she already told me to stay around home starting 34 weeks but it could be his preference. At 34 weeks, she will probably tired and exausted. I honnestly can't imagine doing Disney at 34 weeks. I think the best thing you can do is to encourage her to tak to her DR and see what he/she has to say about it.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:32 PM   #37
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Binkrin – congrats on the successful ultrasound!! So glad you saw a strong heartbeat!! Can’t wait to hear more as time progresses. What’s next for you? Are you doing a NT scan?
Steves1bear – did you see!!?? What’s the gender??
Mantysk8coach – yay for February!! How did your ultrasound go?? Next August sounds like a nice time, though HOT! Hah. That’d be so nice to sneak away for a bit. After all my leave after birth, and a week at Cape Cod w/ DH’s family in July, a week at Disney in October is about all I’ll be able to pull off next year…
Alabamagirl – congrats! 6 months doesn’t sound too bad to go (like 24-25 weeks right?). I’m currently 20, and could totally do WDW but I’ve been feeling great lately, and still not too big but this is my first. I hear you get bigger much earlier with 2nd, 3rd, etc babies. I didn’t start showing until 18 weeks and even still most ppl don’t notice unless they already know I’m preggo…in 4-5 more weeks I might be a bit more uncomfortable but not too bad. December is an awesome time to go though!! Just love it then!
3pletprincesses! So cute (your name LOL). How old are your DDs? Congrats on the new little one on the way! Have you taken your DDs yet? How did that go? I can’t wait to take our little DD and get her all dolled up LOL
Mdcousins – wow 34 weeks! I don’t think I’d want to fly then. And, I think airlines have a restriction for flying around 34-36 weeks. I’m assuming you live in MD? At least it’s a short flight…but no idea how she’d do walking around Disney for 10+ miles/day either. Any way you can move the family trip up a few weeks?? I know that’d be asking a lot, but maybe you all haven’t bought your flights yet and usually hotels can change dates for free.
Daniele_UT – good luck through the rest of your pregnancy & bed rest…12 more weeks until you can hold that baby boy! How are you keeping busy? Do you have someone to watch your daughter? I can only imagine how difficult it must be!
Swthrtpallanes – congrats!! We’re so close in due dates! Should be a fun Disneyland trip for you guys coming up! And next year too for her first trip.

AFM – things are going well! Made it over the 20-week mark – which was spent at Triage at my hospital. Ugh. Things are fine though, I just had some issues and my doc told me to go there instead of the office so I went. But feeling fine, and I *think* I’m feeling her kick more now! Waiting for next Monday’s ultrasound which will hopefully tell us 100% that she’s a girl (we did a 3D elective ultrasound so we are pretty certain but it’d be nice to have confirmation).
Old 09-20-2011, 01:45 PM   #38
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

Hi all!! Congrats on your pregnancies!!! I am just about 15 weeks pregnant now with my 2nd. I am due March 15, but will go in a week before for a scheduled csection. My DD is 20 months now, will be 2 in January. We have a trip planned for Oct. 2012!! DD will be 2.5 at that time (3 in Jan. 2013) and the new baby will be 7 months or so!! We are not finding out what we are having! We didn't with our first either! I love the surprise!!! We can't wait for our first WDW trip as a family!!! DH and I haven't been since our honeymoon in 2008! I am going through major Disney Withdrawal!!! Well, good luck to everyone in their pregnancies!!

deedeew80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #39
daniele_ut
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Daniele_UT – good luck through the rest of your pregnancy & bed rest…12 more weeks until you can hold that baby boy! How are you keeping busy? Do you have someone to watch your daughter? I can only imagine how difficult it must be!

AFM – things are going well! Made it over the 20-week mark – which was spent at Triage at my hospital. Ugh. Things are fine though, I just had some issues and my doc told me to go there instead of the office so I went. But feeling fine, and I *think* I’m feeling her kick more now! Waiting for next Monday’s ultrasound which will hopefully tell us 100% that she’s a girl (we did a 3D elective ultrasound so we are pretty certain but it’d be nice to have confirmation).
I'm pretty lucky that I work from home, so I've been keeping busy that way. DD is in preschool all day and DS is in 1st grade. I had an appointment yesterday and the MFM doc said that I can be up and around a fair amount as long as I don't have any bleeding. No heavy lifting or exercise and I need to be within 20-30 minutes of the hospital until I deliver.

I'm glad things are going well for you. I spent Friday night at L&D triage because I thought I was contracting. No fun!

daniele_ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #40
Hbelton07
Faith, trust, and pixie dust!

31 weeks here!! With our third boy!! Mabye we'll get a little princess eventually. We took a WDW trip with the boys in May, and plan on a DCL/WDW around this baby's 1st birthday, but I doubt I can wait that long Maybe, around 9 months.... that's how old my ODS was on his first cruise and he loved it! No baby shower for us either, although DH made me register any way because some of the women in his office were asking what they could get us. He thinks they are up to something I guess we'll see!

DH Me DS (4 1/2) DS (3) DS (1 1/2)

"If you can dream it, you can do it." -Walt Disney
Hbelton07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:57 PM   #41
Disney_Tall_Mommy
Earning My Ears

April Here

I am 10 weeks along. Due April 14th, but will be having a c-section one week prior. We are not finding out what we are having. This will be our second child. Our little girl will be 7 when the baby is born. We are actually heading to Disney in a couple weeks. I'm hoping I'm not too naseaus to enjoy the trip since it will be a while before we go back. We first took our daughter when she was 3 as a "potty training" present. I'll probably do the same for this one.

May 2006-Animal Kingdom Lodge (just dh and me)
May 2007-Portofino at Universal
April 2008-7 night Eastern Cruise Disney Magic(Thanks mom and dad)
October 2008-Caribbean Resort (daughter's 1st trip)
February 2009-Coronado Springs (solo trip-escape the Ohio winter)
February 2010-French Quarter-(hubby, daughter and mother-in-law)
Sept/Oct 2011- Pop Century? (hubby, daughter and mother-in law?)
Disney_Tall_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #42
steves1bear
Mouseketeer

Imagineer5 - Triage at 20 weeks is scary, but glad to know that everything is okay! Have fun with the ultrasound!

Well, our monkey was not shy in the least bit. As the ultrasound tech was asking us if we wanted to find out the gender, she started. Go figure the first shot we had of our baby was the bottom, legs spread wide letting us know it's another boy! There was no question about it and we didn't have to wait at all. We ended up having a good 60 - 75 minute ultrasound because the tech and supervising doctor were having a great time with the pictures they were getting. I guess their office has to re-certify every three years and they have to submit examples from various ultrasounds. Well, our little guy was more than cooperating and they asked if they could use our ultrasound for the re-certification. Along with the printed pictures, they gave us a disk with all the pictures they took. There are a ton! We're excited.

Good luck to everyone in your various stages of pregnancy! To those who are on bedrest and such, hear's hoping those little ones stay put just a bit longer!!
steves1bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:31 PM   #43
onebighappyfamily
Earning My Ears

Love this thread! Another February baby here...due 2/15 with my 4th. We are a large blended family as I have three (17, 14, 10) and my husband has three (13, 10, 8) and this is our first and only together! I am a labor and delivery nurse and will be having a home birth which we are all looking forward to. We are leaving in two days for the drive to Disney with all 8 of us! So excited! My kiddos have been twice and his have never been so it will be lots of fun for all. I can't wait to purchase a traditional pooh bear from England at EPCOT for the little one...oh, and we are not finding out the gender so it will be a terrific surprise!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:28 AM   #44
QVCshopper
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I'm due at end of January, but hoping for mid-January since I was a little early with both of my kids. They are 5 and 6 and don't know yet, but will be super excited. Everything is going well so far, I am 22 weeks now.

We went to Disney in August when I was 16 weeks, which was very nice. And we are going back in June, so baby should be around 5 months... That's how old my DD was on her first trip. Wishing everyone a healthy pregnancy!
QVCshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #45
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Deedeew80 – congrats too! how exciting to keep it a surprise!

Daniele_ut – well that sounds good that you can still work, plus your kids are already in school. Still stinks though, modified bed rest! Sorry to hear about your triage experience. I hope things go well for you and you stay healthy!

Hbelton07 – wow it’s coming up!! You’ll have to post pictures when he’s here. So is your due date around thanksgiving? I wonder what the coworkers are planning?? I don’t have a nice, friendly office environment where we all do things for each other – LOL. Only one coworker is really a “friend” and she’ll come to my baby shower, but other than that, nothing. DH’s coworkers are pretty cool though and usually go in on something big when someone is pregnant or getting married or whatever. Your husband’s coworkers sound really great!

Disney Tall Mommy – congrats! Almost out of the 1st trimester. Good luck on the upcoming trip! I can’t believe you’ll wait 3 years to go!! But I think most ppl would rather wait. I’m going to try to get in as many trips as DH can handle while our baby is still free haha.

Steves1bear – that is so cute!! Congrats on your little man! So cool that he was just so photogenic! Opposite of our little girl who seems very shy. Interesting to see if this is their personalities developing already!

Onebighappyfamily – congrats! Wow what a fun family you have! What a cute idea to get a “traditional” pooh from the UK – we’ll have to do that too. Have an awesome time on your upcoming vacation! Let us know how being there at 19 weeks goes! Where are you guys staying? What are you doing to “introduce” your DH’s kids to the World?

QVCshopper – congrats!! I’m also hoping to be a little early, but not too early! I have a friend that’s due around January 4th. I know this is a stigma for Christmas babies, but I would just hate to have a Christmas baby…she’s really worried about that. Looks like you are far enough away that that is only a slight possibility (same here!). I was 4 weeks early, so I just don’t know how far before Feb 6th my baby might come!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: