Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #361
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21

What?!? Oh my gosh, I'm so happy I decided to peruse the DISboards for awhile!
Congratulations!!!!

I will now be reading your PTR with a whole new perspective. (Don't worry, I won't say anything, though.)
Hey, girl! Thank you, but unfortunately we lost the baby earlier this week. It's been a rough few days (I'll think I'm doing OK and then break down in the middle of the office or Target or wherever I happen to be), but luckily we have DS to lift our spirits. It's hard to stay upset with a lovable toddler around!

Sometimes I feel scared to even attempt getting pregnant again, but we are healing and I know we will want to add to our family eventually.

I am still SO HAPPY for all of you here and hope you have amazingly happy and healthy pregnancies.

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #362
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
Hey, girl! Thank you, but unfortunately we lost the baby earlier this week. It's been a rough few days (I'll think I'm doing OK and then break down in the middle of the office or Target or wherever I happen to be), but luckily we have DS to lift our spirits. It's hard to stay upset with a lovable toddler around!

Sometimes I feel scared to even attempt getting pregnant again, but we are healing and I know we will want to add to our family eventually.

I am still SO HAPPY for all of you here and hope you have amazingly happy and healthy pregnancies.

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what this week must have been like for you. Like you said, the only silver lining in this is that you have an adorable DS to help get you through this. And I'm sure, when the time is right, you'll know if and when you want to try again.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #363
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I will be thinking of you!

10 weeks now and I think I've "popped". It doesn't look like much (maybe when I'm bloated), but it is very weird to think this is truly happening! The baby looks good, measuring a bit behind of my ticker , and so the DD he gave me is May 15, 2013. In a few weeks, I'll be having my genetic testing done and then he said I should know the gender before Christmas, which gives me the thought, maybe we should do a gender reveal on Christmas morning?

Very excited!

I've been BOO'ed by GoofyinToronto!
pigletgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #364
amazingact21
Upendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post

10 weeks now and I think I've "popped". It doesn't look like much (maybe when I'm bloated), but it is very weird to think this is truly happening! The baby looks good, measuring a bit behind of my ticker , and so the DD he gave me is May 15, 2013. In a few weeks, I'll be having my genetic testing done and then he said I should know the gender before Christmas, which gives me the thought, maybe we should do a gender reveal on Christmas morning?

Very excited!

That's a cute idea for the gender reveal. I was hoping to do mine on Thanksgiving, but I don't get the ultrasound until I'm 20 weeks, which falls the week after the holiday.

The good news about finding out the gender during the holidays is...more baby shopping!

Oh! And 10 weeks was when I decided I might need to consider maternity pants. Seems a little crazy to think my shorts don't fit at 10 weeks, but it was also really exciting to see the beginning of a physical cahnge in my appearance due to the baby.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #365
pigletgirl

I'm still wearing my regular pants, but they're getting a tad bit snug. Usually at the end of the day I need to put on stretchy pants because I get so uncomfortable.

As for the holiday gender reveal, I've been watching other reveals on YouTube to get ideas. It'll be fun! I can't wait!

Old 10-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #366
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what this week must have been like for you. Like you said, the only silver lining in this is that you have an adorable DS to help get you through this. And I'm sure, when the time is right, you'll know if and when you want to try again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletgirl View Post
Thank you, ladies. It's getting a little easier every day, and I know that one day (hopefully sooner rather than later) I'll be back here on the board with you all. Until then, best wishes!

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:00 AM   #367
pigletgirl

Yeah! We will love to have you back. Take care!

Old 10-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #368
Casperina
Mouseketeer

Miss Jo has shifted over - what I was telling people was her butt was actually her knees!
On some gross iron supplements to make sure that it doesn't drop.
Less than a month and a half to her due date, but she's coming out au natural... when she feels like it... at home... in a kiddie pool!

ME DH
May your day be filled with happy wonder!
Casperina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #369
cpdwife
Earning My Ears

32 1/2 weeks with second child baby boy

Hi Ladies what a fun thread, I am expecting my second child a boy on 1/8 we have one daughter 4 she has been to Disney 4 times and on two Disney Cruises, we will be going back Oct 19,2013 on the Disney Fantasy as my baby sister is getting married, first time we took my daughter was 15 months so this will be a bit different for us, and our Nursery Theme is Finding Nemo

Last edited by cpdwife; 11-15-2012 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Add information
cpdwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #370
BAIC03
Earning My Ears

*Bump* anybody out the cruising while pregnant or with a LO?

BAIC03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #371
nadira36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAIC03 View Post
*Bump* anybody out the cruising while pregnant or with a LO?
Are you asking if anyone's been on the DCL while PG? If I recall the limit is 20 weeks gestation at return. DH and I considered it, but our vacation was when I'd be 24 weeks and I was told I couldn't sail.

We'll wait to sail until our youngest (currently 36 weeks PG) is at least 3. If we only had 1 we'd have no problem with it, but we know our older kiddos would enjoy doing the special kids things and we wouldn't want the littles to feel left out or abandoned when they're too young for anything but the baby room.

80s/90s various trips with family, never stayed at a resort hotel. 2001 - seasonal CM for a summer. 2007 - convinced DH to take the first trip. Stayed at CSR for 10 days. 3 toddlers 6 adults 2009 - second trip. ASMo for 5 days. 2 Adults 2 toddlers. 2010 - 4 adults 4.5 children. 7 days Pop. 2011 - We can't afford to go to Disney this year. So we're only staying at the Poly for 8 nights. If it's gonna be on credit, might as well make it worthwhile. 2012 - Back to the Poly for 10 days 2 adults 3 kids 2013 - First AKL stay only 5 night 2 adults 3.5 children2014 POR/AKL CL split stay 9 nights 2 adults 4 children plus guests
nadira36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #372
ElenaRN
Mouseketeer

HI!
I am 17w pregnant with our 2nd child.

We have one DD who is 2 1/2. I am due Jan 2nd (which is 3 days before DD bday).

DD has been to to WDW 3 times (1st time at 11months), DLR twice and on DCL once. She was 9 months when we cruised.

The cut off for DCL is 24w. I know this bc we had to cancel our 10 year anniversary cruise we planned for end of Sept.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #373
BAIC03
Earning My Ears

Thanks! Hubby and I are TTC, and I will be able to cruise if it works, I was just curious what people did differently- except drink less!! My DD will be 18 months when we sail as well...

Old 07-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #374
BAIC03
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaRN View Post
HI!
I am 17w pregnant with our 2nd child.

DD has been to to WDW 3 times (1st time at 11months), DLR twice and on DCL once. She was 9 months when we cruised.
Thanks Elena! Congrats on your pregnancy. When you took DD at 9 months, was she walking? Did you use the nursery? Did you get her a passport?

I am still getting shocked reactions from people that I am going to take DD, but I just can't leave her!

Old 07-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #375
ElenaRN
Mouseketeer

She wasn't walking yet, but she was standing/cruising. She spent a lot of time in the Ergo carrier while we were walking around the ship. We also brought a Combi stroller.

Yes, we did use the nursery. Def 2 maybe 3 times. Once for Palo dinner and once for a couples massage and I think once we may have just gotten drinks after dinner for a bit. They were really great and DD was a tough cookie when she was a baby. I want to say we only booked the one for Palo dinner ahead of time and lucked out that they had some spots left for the other times we wanted.

No, she didn't need a passport.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: