Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #286
Meshell2002
DIS Veteran

Kristy--- I'm due 10/20....about 14 weeks now. I've been lurking here a bit but waiting to post until we went public. This is #3 for me. We probably won't take this one until around the 1st Bday....then DS will be 7 and DD5. We want to wait long enough that more of the new MK stuff will be open. No plans on any baby showers since this is #3 and we still live in the same place we had the other 2.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #287
feistygalkmc
She lacks the indefinable charm of weakness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avojeo View Post
We did too!!! We found out that we are having a little girl on July 14th. I am so excited. Finally I will get to eat at Cinderella's castle. LOL!!

Now I have to ask you about the in depth u/s is that the 4d one?? We decided not to since our little one uses the placenta as her pillow so not sure if I want to spend the extra money on it. So I was wondering if there was another one that I might could do.

Sorry, I've been around but mostly reading trip reports lol The anatomy scan was not a 4d or 3d one the tech just took a BUNCH of images mostly ones for measurements and such for the DR to check out. She did a flip towards the beginning of the ultrasound and a bunch of other funny stuff. I was getting nervous because the tech couldnt tell us anything and the DR never called but when we went in on Friday she said everything looked great. In fact, she has doubled in size in the last 3 weeks since the anatomy scan! She tried to do the 3d/4d imaging at my last office visit on Friday but it wasn't a very good image so she is going to try again. We decided not to pay extra for the 3d US at one of the private places because we just didn't think it was necessary. We are having to fork out quite a bit (even with insurance) so that was an extra expense that we decided we wouldn't add. My sister did it but she paid oop-she is on state insurance and I guess she had the extra $200 bucks for it. I hope that helps you, good luck! Next up is the glucose test in about 3 weeks.

We are SO excited (I think mostly me ) that we are having a girl. I already have lots of stuff picked out, we put the crib in layaway at crib city and I got the exact bedding set I wanted at Target. We decided on the name:

MACIE
MARIE

We went with Macie-my great grandma's name-my mom recently passed away last summer and she had chose to be buried next to my grandmother so we thought it would be a good name as a tribute. It is also used in Poland-where my DF was born so it served that purpose as well. My middle name is Marie so that fit perfectly. We already purchased her first set of Mickey ears, the baby ones although they look more like they will fit a toddler best. I ordered them from the disney store and got her name put on them.

It is getting SO close! Only 15 more weeks to go for us!
feistygalkmc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #288
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Single Digits!!

Just wanted to stop in and do the single digit weeks dance 9 weeks left and counting till our baby boy is born!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #289
Iadoreeeyore
Earning My Ears

We are excited as well for the arrival of our second LO a girls this time. We are due July 6th although the last ultrasound we had pushed us back to July 12th So who knows.

I know I am probably nuts for going back to Disney right now but we already have a trip planned for Memorial day weekend scheduled staying at the YC. My MD said it was fine to fly as long as I have my compression stockings, get up every 20 -30 min or so and drink lots of water. I am a little nervous but once I am there I am sure I am going to enjoy being with my husband and 2.5yo son. Our last trip was Dec 2011 and it was go go go. So this time since we are staying at a delux resort we are going to relax more! Congrats to all expectant moms!!!

Off Property 5/1990, CBR 2/1994, CBR 5/2006 (Disneymoon), Off Property 12/2011 (Pop Warner Super Bowl), DYC 5/2012 (Pop Warner Scholastics Banquet) , Off Property Emerald Isle 12/2012 (Pop Warner Super Bowl), Off Property Emerald Isle 12/2013 (Pop Warner Super Bowl), 2014???

Iadoreeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #290
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

Hi ladies!

I was hoping to join the pregnancy chatter. We just found out we are expecting 12/16. We have our first ultrasound on 5/9.

We are over the moon!

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #291
tink_n_pooh
my TP isn't going anywhere. I can start the TP underground, anyone who is interested just let me know
I'm happy my underwear are clean

I found this thread a little late in the game but we are 38 weeks along with a csection scheduled for May7th because this little one is breech and not budging - one week to go!
tink_n_pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #292
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Your experience with Labor #2+

Slowly, but surely, the arrival our 2nd little boy is approaching! I was hoping the moms of atleast 2 kids would elaborate on their labor the 2nd+ time around...was it faster compared to the first? My experience with my first was 12 hours from first contraction till he was born, I think about 20mins of pushing. I had no epidural though I felt like I was out of it from the pain I guess! just starting to preplan in my head for what's to come within the next 8 weeks or so. Obviously I know that every pregnancy/person is different, just looking for experiences
Old 04-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #293
Meshell2002
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoMickeys View Post
Slowly, but surely, the arrival our 2nd little boy is approaching! I was hoping the moms of atleast 2 kids would elaborate on their labor the 2nd+ time around...was it faster compared to the first? My experience with my first was 12 hours from first contraction till he was born, I think about 20mins of pushing. I had no epidural though I felt like I was out of it from the pain I guess! just starting to preplan in my head for what's to come within the next 8 weeks or so. Obviously I know that every pregnancy/person is different, just looking for experiences
I don't think I can really help you...typically I've heard each labor tends to move faster if ALL factors are the same.

I was induced with my first....it took about 20 hours....but I only pushed 3-4 times.

Second time around....I got to the hospital after 6 hrs of labor; first check I was 5cm.....but within 5 hrs I was pushing (but DD was face up and I pushed for an hr).

I had an epi with #1 but not #2....the natural labor was so much more manageble than the induction. I would not let them induce me again unless it was health related (mine or the babies, but not just to "get it over with").

Typically speaking (I'm also a nurse BTW) Once those contractions are regular and 1 minute apart....best to get moving to wherever you plan to deliver (no matter how long you feel like you've been in labor even if u think it's only been an hr). Even if your water hasn't broken yet.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #294
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Finally Feel Like I Can See The Finish Line!!

I am currently 33 1/2 weeks Pregnant with our second little prince!! To me it has seemed that this pregnancy has taken forever, but I feel like I can finally see the finish line!! Hopefully we will get to meet our handsome little boy within the next 3 1/2-6 1/2 weeks
Old 05-15-2012, 02:15 PM   #295
JessiLynn015
DIS Veteran

Hey ladies!!

I'm currently 25 weeks & 2 days. It's our first (& only) child & it's a boy!

DH is in Afghanistan so we have a Disney Cruise & a day for Magic Kingdom planned for the end of the year. Baby will be about 4 months the time of our trip so we're hoping all goes well

Still can't believe we're going to be a family of 3!

WDW--12/04 - 02/05 - 08/09 - 10/09 - 01/10 - 04/10 - 05/10 - 08/10 - 09/10 - 10/10 - 02/11 - 05/11 - 06/11 - 09/11 - 11/11 - 12/12 - 1/13

(me) (DH) (DS)
(Diesel) (Marlee) (Zeus)
JessiLynn015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #296
jenbelle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2TwoMickeys View Post
with dc1, i was in the hospital for 8 hours before delivering. (contractions every two minutes and overlapping from the time i go there on) with dc2, i was in the hospital for 6 1/2 hours before delivering. they were very hesitant in even admitting me because my contractions were very irregular. i'm glad they did admit me because my contractions weren't regular until my last ten minutes!

dc1 was 9lbs 15oz and they needed to use the vacuum to help get him out. i had to push for 18 minutes. dc2 was considerably smaller and i only pushed twice (4 minutes...but excruciating since i actually felt the "ring of fire" that time).
jenbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #297
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbelle View Post
with dc1, i was in the hospital for 8 hours before delivering. (contractions every two minutes and overlapping from the time i go there on) with dc2, i was in the hospital for 6 1/2 hours before delivering. they were very hesitant in even admitting me because my contractions were very irregular. i'm glad they did admit me because my contractions weren't regular until my last ten minutes!

dc1 was 9lbs 15oz and they needed to use the vacuum to help get him out. i had to push for 18 minutes. dc2 was considerably smaller and i only pushed twice (4 minutes...but excruciating since i actually felt the "ring of fire" that time).
Wow!! 9lbs 15oz!!! my first was only 6lbs 12oz. Ohh yes, the "Ring Of Fire" Ouch!! I am very familiar with that since I experienced that the first time around
Old 05-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #298
feistygalkmc
She lacks the indefinable charm of weakness

Reading all of these l&d stories are getting me so excited lol this Friday is our next appt. and the lovely glucose test. I'm very anxious to see our little princess again though! We have been talking about who she will look like and what kind of personality she will have. I just ate and she is moving around a lot right now! Not really jabbing but more of that rolling around type feeling :D
feistygalkmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #299
Magical Mama
Mouseketeer

hello all! I've been stalking for awhile now, finally have the energy to post. I'm a 34.6 weeks along and due 6/30 with a DD! This pregnancy has been much anticipated as it has taken us six years to reach this point! Unfortunately, it has not been the pregnancy I expected it to be. I was diagnosed with Hyperemesis very early on (vomiting began at the exact four week mark). I have been hospitalized nine times and am currently on bedrest with a PICC (long term IV) in place in which I recieve IV nutrition (TPN) and fluids everyday at home. While they are allowing me to gain weight, I only at yesterday's OB appt managed to make it back to my prepregnancy weight, I still throw up all food that I eat everyday dispite prescription medications to stop the vomiting. Enough about me, just wanted to check in and see how all the other moms were doing.

Resorts I've stayed at : All Star Sports; Pop Century; Animal Kingdom Lodge; Caribbean Beach Resort; All Star Movies; Wilderness Lodge; Contemporary
Magical Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #300
katoot
DDC
And OWNAGE
I'm up for revealing on both

DW and I found out two weeks ago that we are expecting. Don't know the due date yet, however. Mostly due to the fact that this past Wednesday, we found out it could possibly be twins!

DW is scheduled for another ultrasound next week. I believe she's about 6 weeks along right now...

DIS Dad Member #598
(me) (DW) (DS) (DS)
Runs:
04/07/12 Gyeongju Cherry Blossom 10k (first ever run): 59:11
06/10/12 Pohang Marathon 10k: 1:01:37

Past visits:
WDW: March 1987 & 1988
Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySea: March 2006
WDW/Unversal: January 2011

A Magical Journey...Bookended by Some Airport Troubles
katoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread