Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #271
nadira36
DIS Veteran

Trying to decide whether WDW with a 3 mos old would be doable - though also trying to decide whether we can afford to take 4 children to Disney every year - so not even sure if we'll have another. A family of 5 is easy to travel with, but a family of 6 suddenly pushes everything up another income bracket we'd need a 2 bdrm every trip!

We used the city select double (the one that's side by side seats, not the one that's configurable) last vacation and stayed at the Poly - it was great! We either walked to TTC and took the fairy to and from MK, or used the monorail as much as possible so we didn't need to fold it up.

Though I'm a baby carrier for tof person - anyone under 25lbs tends to be carried on my tummy or back while we vacation - it's just easier for everyone - otherwise we tend to have to sit out while baby sleeps (or wake baby and that's not always good either).

80s/90s various trips with family, never stayed at a resort hotel. 2001 - seasonal CM for a summer. 2007 - convinced DH to take the first trip. Stayed at CSR for 10 days. 3 toddlers 6 adults 2009 - second trip. ASMo for 5 days. 2 Adults 2 toddlers. 2010 - 4 adults 4.5 children. 7 days Pop. 2011 - We can't afford to go to Disney this year. So we're only staying at the Poly for 8 nights. If it's gonna be on credit, might as well make it worthwhile. 2012 - Back to the Poly for 10 days 2 adults 3 kids 2013 - First AKL stay only 5 night 2 adults 3.5 children
nadira36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #272
feistygalkmc
She lacks the indefinable charm of weakness

Oh my! I haven't been here in quite a while but congrats to all the new mommy's out there. I'm finding myself daydreaming more & more at work about our next disney vacation lol We have a few things to conquer before we can start planning but I can't wait to go! A lot of my friends are going right around this time and it is making me sort of 'homesick'. It's almost like everyone I know is going so I'm living vicariously through them.
Next week is the anatomy ultrasound, we are SO excited. Our DR thinks we have a girl according to the ultrasound last month but she wasn't 100% sure. I may have already said that but I can't remember? The wait in between visits is still almost unbearable it is like time stands still. Hope everyone has a wonderful day/week/month
feistygalkmc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2012, 12:46 AM   #273
jannel80
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone! I just happened to find this thread. I am currently almost 16 weeks, due August 29th. I will be finding out what I am having in a couple weeks. I already have 2 little boys. We are planning a Feb. 2013 trip. Can't wait!!

Me Jannel DH Dave DS Caden DS Colton DD Reise
Many Trips to DW as a child
Dec. 2004 Carribean Beach Resort with DH
Dec. 2010 Pop (1st trip with kids)
Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
jannel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:37 AM   #274
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Making It Official!

Well unfortunately due to my hotmail acct getting hacked, I had to switch my DISboards name since I couldn't remember my password hence, the "just earning my ears" label! I have written on this thread numerous times. Anyway, Recently we booked our vacation for this October at the Polynesian Our DS will be 3 and our new DS will be 3 months! I must say, nothing says your officially expecting a new arrival than when you see his/her name on a Disney Resort Reservation
Old 03-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #275
BAIC03
Earning My Ears

Talking Not Slowin' Our Roll

Hey all!
I am 24 wks with #1. We are going to WDW in May, staying at POR-French Quarter for 8 days. Gonna be a nice long trip before LO gets here.

We always go around Christmas-time, so we will go for a shorter 5-day trip in Dec; guessing LO will be 6-7 months at that point.

My only real concern is making sure none of us get sick; but LO will be breastfeeding, so we should be ok there.

Can't wait!

BAIC03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #276
mrsdigi
Earning My Ears

I'm 24 weeks and we are taking our 5 year old in 4 weeks. So I'll be preggers while I'm there. No space mountain for me
mrsdigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #277
feistygalkmc
She lacks the indefinable charm of weakness

We went to the DR on Friday and found out we will be having a girl!
We have to go back to the imaging center this friday the 30th for an in depth ultrasound. I'm very excited and can't wait! I keep thinking of taking our little princess to Disney World and all the the sights she will get to see. I'm shooting for next May making our first trip. There is SO much to do & take care of before then but I have a list of things we want to do. Hope everyone is having a magical week!
feistygalkmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #278
SCHBR'smom
My mind is as clear and focused as.... oh, look

You can ignore my chores, too

I'm currently 15 weeks with baby number 7. We go back to the World in May. I'll be about 22 weeks.

You may now call me SCHBRVM'smom.
SCHBR'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #279
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by feistygalkmc View Post
We have to go back to the imaging center this friday the 30th for an in depth ultrasound. I'm very excited and can't wait! I keep thinking of taking our little princess to Disney World and all the the sights she will get to see. I'm shooting for next May making our first trip. There is SO much to do & take care of before then but I have a list of things we want to do. Hope everyone is having a magical week!
Congratulations on your little !! Disney with her will be a whole "new" magical experience! Enjoy
Old 03-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #280
Avojeo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by feistygalkmc View Post
We did too!!! We found out that we are having a little girl on July 14th. I am so excited. Finally I will get to eat at Cinderella's castle. LOL!!

Now I have to ask you about the in depth u/s is that the 4d one?? We decided not to since our little one uses the placenta as her pillow so not sure if I want to spend the extra money on it. So I was wondering if there was another one that I might could do.

2002:WL 2006:POFQ 2007:AKL 2008:OKW/BWV AKV/SSR 2009: SSR/BC 2010: AKV
Me DH: DD:
Avojeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #281
Cptnkirky
Mouseketeer

WDW and Cruise

I hope all of the DIS mommies out there are doing great!!

We are in the really exciting phase now. We are going to find out what we are having on April 10 (hopefully). Plus I have been feeling movements/kicks for the last week or so.
We are counting down to WDW in June and so excited. Also, we booked a Disney cruise for Oct 2013, where LO will be 1 year old. It is going to be so much fun. It is our first Disney cruise ever and I can't imagine taking it without our LO now. It was funny having to book it under "baby" as a name since we don't know what we are having, but with the fantasy booking up so quickly we just couldn't wait.
So much to look forward to over the next 18 months, I can barely stand it!!!

Cast Member 2003-2009
BCV May 2014
AoA/DCLF Oct 2013
ASM/SSR June 2012
PQRS Aug 2011
VWL May 2010
SSR Sept 2009
POR June 2009
AKL May 2009
SSR Aug 2008
VBR March 2008
CSR Feb 2007
and many more.... CBR, POFQ, etc, etc, etc...
Cptnkirky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #282
Mommy2TwoMickeys
DIS Veteran

Red face BuMp**

Hope All The Mommies Are Feeling Well!
Old 04-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #283
amylynne01
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylynne01 View Post
I'm still hanging around here. I am 32 wks today - no more than 10 more wks left! We officially booked our 1/2013 trip! We are staying on rented points at BLT in a 1bdrm theme park view. We wanted to do it once in our life, and the next trip will be perfect. We'll still be back in our room at a normal bedtime for our kids, so DH and I can watch the fireworks from our balcony. Baby will be around 9 months old, and we can't wait to show baby our home away from home.
Surprise baby #3 was a boy! Owen Anthony was born on Friday the 13th, and we are in . He'll be just shy of 9 months on our trip in January.
12/2011 SSR with no kids for our 5yr anniversary
1/2013 BLT for our first trip as a family of 5
8/2015 FW? Family reunion with my parents, sisters, and kids
12/2016 Poly? Celebrating our 10yr anniversary with our kids
amylynne01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #284
KristyBDJ
NDM #77

This is such a fun idea for a thread! I'll join in. We're pregnant with number 6, due October 10. We are always induced about a week early which puts it right on our anniversary. We are hoping for a trip the week after Thanksgiving so the new baby will be around 6-8 weeks depending on our exact dates. Anyway, hope there are some other mommies on here due in fall.

Is there a 12 step program for Disney Addicts? I sure hope NOT!!
Me DH: DS10 DD6 DS4 DD2 DS13mos
KristyBDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #285
veg2003
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! We are getting ready for our first trip to WDW (well, DH and my girls first trip, and it will be my first trip in 16 years!) We leave in 10 days!! I am 25 weeks pregnant now with our 3rd and my girls are 5 and 2 1/2. We wanted to take them now, and then plan to go again when the baby is 2.

I'm so excited to go but also a little nervous about how it will be pregnant. So far I've had a very easy pregnancy and have no history of complications but would appreciate any advice anyone has. I already know to drink plenty of water!
veg2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: