Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #256
feistygalkmc
She lacks the indefinable charm of weakness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipporina View Post
We bought a home doppler and that saved my sanity until I started to feel him move at 17 weeks. I worried about him so much, and being able to hear his heartbeat every night was very comforting. I've pulled it out once or twice lately when he has had a quiet spell (he usually starts wiggling as soon as I do!) I got a Sonoline B off of eBay brand new for about $50. It was worth every penny and more.
I may check that out! Thanks

I decided instead of going to DW this year we will go ahead and wait a little until next May. the baby will be about 8-9 months then depending on when he/she comes so we figured that will be a better age to take in all of Disneyworld. I want to go SO BADLY this year but it just isn't going to work out for us. Now the first minute I can book for 2013 I AM IN! lol I've also been checking out renting DVC points and staying in a studio, with the discounted PH I can get through tickets at work and adding on the QS meal plan it was actually coming out about 250-300 cheaper for this year so I'm' hoping it will stay around the same or only increase slightly for 2013. I can't wait! I have already started dreaming up the plan in my mind.
feistygalkmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #257
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

I am subbing. It is so nice hearing others with my same concerns! I am due July 30th and this has been a long and trying road! My DH has two DS (22 and 18) and I have a DD (16) so yes we are crazy and starting over late in the game! We finally went to a fertility doc after years of unsuccessful trying.

I am a little over 14 weeks and constantly worrying about every little thing since my past problems getting pregnant! Most recently it being that I am not really showing and now I am past most of the sickness...I feel normal again. So I keep thinking "is somethign wrong!?" I was glad to see comments on this thread about the 12-18 weeks! 16 years is a long time to remember all of the ends and outs of this journey!

Now to convince my DH that taking a baby to WDW isn't crazy!
TinksThree is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #258
chrissyinsc
Earning My Ears

Insoles or comfy shoes?

I am hoping I will get some good responses We are heading to Disney in March and I will be 29 weeks going on 30 weeks and well my feet are already killing me just walking around target lol Any reccommendations on good insoles or awesome shoes?
chrissyinsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #259
rao363
Mouseketeer

Wanted to share that yesterday I had my 2nd trimester ultrasound and we found out that we are expecting another handsome prince DS(2) can't wait to show his little brother all around Disney World
Old 02-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #260
hannahdrewmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao363 View Post
Wanted to share that yesterday I had my 2nd trimester ultrasound and we found out that we are expecting another handsome prince DS(2) can't wait to show his little brother all around Disney World
Congratulations! I know your boys will be the best of friends! How aweseome!
hannahdrewmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #261
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Subbing to this thread not for myself, but for my friend. We are planning a trip for the first week of June and I just want to make sure it is a great trip for her. Thanks for all your hints and tips everyone!

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #262
CluelessDisFan
Mouseketeer

Subbing... I'm 22 weeks. Expecting a girl. Some of you may have seen my thread asking about baby name inspiration at WDW a couple of weeks ago. It's official DH and I have decided her name will be Adelyn Rae. We started out with Adelaide from Aristacats. Thought Adeline sounded softer, then decided to end it with -lyn instead because that sounded even better to us.
My EDD is June 14th we couldn't be more excited!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #263
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansionterror View Post
Here you go. I'll never turn down a request for pictures.
Thanks for the pics! So sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifultomorrow View Post
Hi ladies! I am so excited to join this thread! I just found out yesterday that DH and I are expecting our first baby!

Here's the kicker, we are leaving TOMORROW for Disney! I'm not very far along (3-4 weeks maybe) and don't even have my first doctor's appointment till after we get home. What do you guys think about what rides I should and shouldn't ride? I'm so excited to be pregnant but honestly a little bit bummed I might have to skip a lot of my favorite rides. (I know priorities! lol!)
Congrats! I would err on the safe side if it were meM hope your trip is going great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipporina View Post
Had my 37 week check and baby boy is still breech, so we scheduled my c-section for Feb 13! I'm still hoping he will turn so I can have my natural childbirth, but I'm just excited to get him here either way.
Well at least you have a date! Sorry about the c section but congrats on getting to hold your baby boy soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubrey0201 View Post
Just found out I will be expecting my third little on around Sept. 20th, if all goes well of course! DD 7 DS 5... what did I get myself into again!? Problem is, we have a family trip planned with my SIL and her family for the first week of December..... Since this is her first trip... our third.... I hate to cancel on her, but this new little one is only going to be 1.5 months old...... has anyone ever traveled to the world with a newborn like that?! Oh Please help me!!!!
Lol I'm sure it'll be fine! Probably easier than when we go with an 8 month old! By then you'll know the baby and be used to its feeding/sleep preferences. Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feistygalkmc View Post
I think she said 150 at my stage should be the max but whatever! lol After reading the HR's others had that made me feel better. And knowing that it goes down a bit throughout helps too. I'm still in that stage of is there really something in there????? Even though I saw the baby and heard the heartbeat I want to hear it all the time now to make sure the baby is still in there. Silly I know but it's my first so I'm just excited to feel the baby move etc. My next appt. isn't until 2/17 so I have a while to go until we hear the heartbeat again.
I found some more stuff at Target this weekend but I settled on only getting a set of onesies. They were Alice in Wonderland and just SO cute I couldn't resist. DF was with me and was really trying to steer me away from getting anything else until we know for sure so I just walked away with the onesies. I figured I can take back the girl stuff (I have 90 days with receipt) if we find out we are having a boy so it's not hurting anything.
I also signed up for our just between friends sale that is taking place in March. It is supposed to be great for childrens clothes, toys, anything you could imagine. I can't wait to go!

Mansionterror---your little Ava is SO cute!
I agree that the sonoline b doppler was a lifesaver. I didn't feel preggo until my belly started popping! Target has Alice in wonderland onesies?! I need to look at these!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feistygalkmc View Post
I may check that out! Thanks

I decided instead of going to DW this year we will go ahead and wait a little until next May. the baby will be about 8-9 months then depending on when he/she comes so we figured that will be a better age to take in all of Disneyworld. I want to go SO BADLY this year but it just isn't going to work out for us. Now the first minute I can book for 2013 I AM IN! lol I've also been checking out renting DVC points and staying in a studio, with the discounted PH I can get through tickets at work and adding on the QS meal plan it was actually coming out about 250-300 cheaper for this year so I'm' hoping it will stay around the same or only increase slightly for 2013. I can't wait! I have already started dreaming up the plan in my mind.
Renting points is definitely the way to go. Plus free laundry! we did it for our last trip at akv and bcv and we're doing it again this October for blt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
I am subbing. It is so nice hearing others with my same concerns! I am due July 30th and this has been a long and trying road! My DH has two DS (22 and 18) and I have a DD (16) so yes we are crazy and starting over late in the game! We finally went to a fertility doc after years of unsuccessful trying.

I am a little over 14 weeks and constantly worrying about every little thing since my past problems getting pregnant! Most recently it being that I am not really showing and now I am past most of the sickness...I feel normal again. So I keep thinking "is somethign wrong!?" I was glad to see comments on this thread about the 12-18 weeks! 16 years is a long time to remember all of the ends and outs of this journey!

Now to convince my DH that taking a baby to WDW isn't crazy!
Yay congrats!! Get the Doppler! It's fantastic for the weeks before being able to feel the lo kicking. Look up some baby trs. There is a username khertz with an awesome baby tr - show your dh! I did and he was so excited to see a baby having so much fun at wdw since we're bringing Aria when she's 8 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyinsc View Post
I am hoping I will get some good responses We are heading to Disney in March and I will be 29 weeks going on 30 weeks and well my feet are already killing me just walking around target lol Any reccommendations on good insoles or awesome shoes?
I have 2 pairs of Merrill sandals. Absolutely love them. We bought them for a 18 day trip to Italy in which I walked all day every day, and have since loved them at Disney too. Plus some of them are pretty nice looking so you can dress up and still have comfy shoes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao363 View Post
Woohoo! Congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CluelessDisFan View Post
Subbing... I'm 22 weeks. Expecting a girl. Some of you may have seen my thread asking about baby name inspiration at WDW a couple of weeks ago. It's official DH and I have decided her name will be Adelyn Rae. We started out with Adelaide from Aristacats. Thought Adeline sounded softer, then decided to end it with -lyn instead because that sounded even better to us.
My EDD is June 14th we couldn't be more excited!
Adeline is beautiful! I've never heard it before and it's fun that it stems from aristocats. Congrats!

Afm well my preggo ticker is gone!! I have pics of her on my ptr if you want to see. She came 1 week early and the labor story is there too. Labor was painful but i never really thought about how bad I'd feel AFTER labor!
Old 02-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #264
amylynne01
DIS Veteran

I'm still hanging around here. I am 32 wks today - no more than 10 more wks left! We officially booked our 1/2013 trip! We are staying on rented points at BLT in a 1bdrm theme park view. We wanted to do it once in our life, and the next trip will be perfect. We'll still be back in our room at a normal bedtime for our kids, so DH and I can watch the fireworks from our balcony. Baby will be around 9 months old, and we can't wait to show baby our home away from home.
12/2011 SSR with no kids for our 5yr anniversary
1/2013 BLT for our first trip as a family of 5
8/2015 FW? Family reunion with my parents, sisters, and kids
12/2016 Poly? Celebrating our 10yr anniversary with our kids
amylynne01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #265
BabyZsMom
Earning My Ears

No longer a member of this thread

Hey all! Just wanted to let you know that a month ago, I had my son Zachary Thomas! Hope everyone is doing well!

BabyZsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #266
dizkrazkate
Mouseketeer

Well, I'm 30 weeks today!! We just got back from WDW 3 weeks ago, when I turned 27 weeks, and for those of you considering a trip, it went just fine. My latest blog post is all about it, so check it out if you are interested, its in my siggie.

*New Blog Post 11/15/13 Making R3*

1978-off site 1981- off site 1986 - Marriot World Center 1989-Magic Music Days off site 1991-Magic Music Days Caribbean Beach Resort 1993-Magic Music Days Caribbean Beach Resort 1998-Coronado Springs 2008-off site 2009-Kidani Village 2010-Saratoga Springs 2010-All Star Movies 2010-Kidani Village2011-Disneyland2011-BLT2012-Kidani2013-Villas at Wilderness Lodge2014-Kidani Princess Half Marathon!
dizkrazkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #267
Cptnkirky
Mouseketeer

New

Hi All! I am new to this group and just saw this thread. I love it!!! I need to go back and read all the pages after this. We are going to Disney with the family in June. I will be about 26 weeks along at that time. I know it might be tough, but I am going to try my best and do what I can. We haven't been to Disney since last August and since 2010 with the nephew (now 2 of them). We are already planning either a WDW trip or Disney cruise in later 2013 hopefully, with an Orlando trip in 2014. We go every 2 years with my parents DVC, and the next trip may be less Disney as the nephews are older and might want the "other" parks. I am so excited to find out what we are having, as I know when all others are riding rides and such I will be in the stores shopping!!!

Cast Member 2003-2009
BCV May 2014
AoA/DCLF Oct 2013
ASM/SSR June 2012
PQRS Aug 2011
VWL May 2010
SSR Sept 2009
POR June 2009
AKL May 2009
SSR Aug 2008
VBR March 2008
CSR Feb 2007
and many more.... CBR, POFQ, etc, etc, etc...
Cptnkirky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #268
nickandlarisa
Mouseketeer

Well its been awhile since I have been on this thread! I had my baby in December, he is a beautiful healthy baby boy named Nicholas! My due date was December 27. At my 38 week appointment I had really high blood pressure. Went back two days later to check again, still really high so they put me on bed rest. Went to hospital for 5 hours of testing/monitoring on a Saturday, they scheduled to induce me the next night. Little guy had other plans and I actually went into labor on my own that Saturday night shortly after we got home. Waiting around as long as we could until contractions were 5-1-1. Went to the hospital just before midnight on Saturday. Labored for 27 hours, pushed for 2. Not so little one was just too big, so we ended up doing a C-section just before 9pm on Sunday. We were able to come home a few days before Christmas and spend time with family so everything worked out great! We are so in love with our little boy!!

We did everything with a subtle Winnie the Pooh theme, here a a few pics to share ...

Here is my baby shower invite:

Here is his birth announcement:

And I am doing "month by month" photos with the giant Pooh we bought in WDW while I was pregnant. The little flags match the invitations/announcement.

Planning our first trip as a family this fall!! Good luck to everyone, being a mommy is the best thing in the world!!

{1986 - OffSite} {1993 -CBR} {July 2007 - POR Engagement} {July 2009 - POR & Wonder Disneymoon!} {May 2011 - POR} {New DVC Members!}

Last edited by nickandlarisa; 02-27-2012 at 12:38 PM.
nickandlarisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #269
rao363
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptnkirky View Post
Hi All! I am new to this group and just saw this thread. I love it!!! I need to go back and read all the pages after this. We are going to Disney with the family in June. I will be about 26 weeks along at that time. I know it might be tough, but I am going to try my best and do what I can. We haven't been to Disney since last August and since 2010 with the nephew (now 2 of them). We are already planning either a WDW trip or Disney cruise in later 2013 hopefully, with an Orlando trip in 2014. We go every 2 years with my parents DVC, and the next trip may be less Disney as the nephews are older and might want the "other" parks. I am so excited to find out what we are having, as I know when all others are riding rides and such I will be in the stores shopping!!!

Congrats!!! Not too much longer till you find out!
Old 03-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #270
rao363
Mouseketeer

Hope All The Dis-Mommys are feeling well! So my baby on the way son is already following in his big brothers foot steps! My DH and I booked our going to MCO flights last week. Under my name I ,once again, had to select "infant on lap"! Baby Vincent isn't even here yet and he is already scheduled to travel to Disney World!!! We also called and adjusted our reservation at the Polynesian from 2 Adults, 1 Child, to 2 Adults, 2 Children He will be 3 months old when we are vacationing...The exact same age my DS(2.5) was when he first went! Now on to the next mission.... A Double Stroller! I think we are going to be getting the Baby Jogger City Select. Has Anyone traveled to Disney World using this stroller as a double??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: