Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #241
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran
 
AZMermaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,347

I have my first cervical check on Friday. 36 weeks now- I had a rough couple of days. Friday at dinner I started contracting every 3 minutes for about an hour. With my son, my water just broke, so I was unsure if this was "it." I went to the hospital and of course, they stopped. They did monitor me for a while and gave me a shot to stop the contractions ( I was still having a few small ones). Saturday, my husband and I had a nice staycation but I am still sleeping like crap, up every hour or so.

Yesterday, I wasn't feeling well, but I went to work (teacher). I thought I could power through and take today off since today is a 1/2 day and the sub plans would be easier. No. After about 30 minutes, I had to call for a sub and ended up puking my guts out in the nurse's office. Then I had killer lower back pain all day and night and random contractions. I was fairly certain this was the start and my husband is away on business until tonight. Luckily, I made it through the night, my son is at daycare today and I was able to really take a nap. I feel SO much better! I am hopeful to make it at least another week, to 37 weeks, but we'll see what happens!

I can't believe it is almost here! I feel so unprepared but maybe that stems from not knowing the sex. But, soon enough!
AZMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #242
feistygalkmc
She lacks the indefinable charm of weakness
 
feistygalkmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tulsa Oklahoma
Posts: 346

[QUOTE=Imagineer5;43845078]Wow that is so amazing! Congrats again!



Yay! Glad to hear the US went well. How fast was the hb? Ours started in the 180's I think but settled to around 140 eventually. I remember waiting to do the clothes shopping, and I definitely bought a bunch of outfits before knowing! I bought some REALLY cute girl clothes, then DH made me feel bad in case we were having a boy so we bought a few OK boy clothes, which are now in a bag in the attic LOL. There are certainly adorable boy clothes out there, and I look forward to being able to shop for them eventually, but I was very glad I was able to keep out all the girl stuff I found!


QUOTE]
HB was 162, I guess it doesn't sound that bad for a first heartbeat. My DR just said that normally it is betwwen 140-150 so it was a little high and I thought OH NO!!!! But since Friday I have read that like yours a lot start out high then settle. So that makes me feel better. I do love your idea of getting some of each clothes and putting the others back. I just may try that if I find something I can't live without. Now I'm counting down until my next appointment on 2/17.
feistygalkmc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #243
momof2pirates
Earning My Ears
 
momof2pirates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 56

we have our third due on July 1. I will be going to disney over spring break at the end of my second trimester. I'm bummed to miss some of the rides with my almost three year old. It will be his first time on Splash Mountain. We're thinking of going in the fall for MNSSHP when the baby will be about 3 months.

My second went to disney when he was 12 weeks old. He was so easy because he slept all the time. It was July which I would never do again..I was so worried about the heat with him...he did fine we took lots of shade/ac breaks. When we go in April this will be his fourth time before the age of three! Mickey Mouse was his first word! We got some amazing pictures of him as an infant with the characters at Disney. One of my favorites is him in the stroller with his medium sized stuffed Mickey mouse. It was bigger then him and now he snuggles up to it at night.
__________________

2007- off site
2008- Pop Century
2009- POFQ
2010-Polynesian/yacht Club
2011-Pop Century
2012- Caribbean Beach
2012-Wilderness Lodge shhhh it's a surprise

momof2pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #244
mansionterror
DIS Veteran
 
mansionterror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 683

Just checking in to see how all are doing and as you can see by the pic in my sig I have moved from being pregnant to being a Mother. Ava was born on 01/05 at 11:31 PM. She decided to come along at 39 weeks and weighed in at 9.3. She will be 3 weeks old tomorrow and is doing great. I hope everyone else has good pregnancies and smooth deliveries.
__________________
Melissa James (DH)Ava (DD2)


mansionterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #245
feistygalkmc
She lacks the indefinable charm of weakness
 
feistygalkmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tulsa Oklahoma
Posts: 346

Oh Holy Target! I went this morning after I dropped my Prince Charmin' off for work and I checked out the baby section. I got some of THE cutest stuff. A little bit of boy stuff and a little girl stuff. It was so cheap I had to and the best part is the boy stuff except for a couple of things really look unisex. I will have to take a pic and post it when I get home from work. You all may get a little chuckle out of the fact that almost EVERY thing I bought is Disney! lol
feistygalkmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #246
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MA
Posts: 2,068

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZMermaid View Post
I have my first cervical check on Friday. 36 weeks now- I had a rough couple of days. Friday at dinner I started contracting every 3 minutes for about an hour. With my son, my water just broke, so I was unsure if this was "it." I went to the hospital and of course, they stopped. They did monitor me for a while and gave me a shot to stop the contractions ( I was still having a few small ones). Saturday, my husband and I had a nice staycation but I am still sleeping like crap, up every hour or so.

Yesterday, I wasn't feeling well, but I went to work (teacher). I thought I could power through and take today off since today is a 1/2 day and the sub plans would be easier. No. After about 30 minutes, I had to call for a sub and ended up puking my guts out in the nurse's office. Then I had killer lower back pain all day and night and random contractions. I was fairly certain this was the start and my husband is away on business until tonight. Luckily, I made it through the night, my son is at daycare today and I was able to really take a nap. I feel SO much better! I am hopeful to make it at least another week, to 37 weeks, but we'll see what happens!

I can't believe it is almost here! I feel so unprepared but maybe that stems from not knowing the sex. But, soon enough!
Aw so sorry to hear of your rough days. Hope your check goes well today!! I bet you'll be a few cm's along if you're already contracting and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feistygalkmc View Post
HB was 162, I guess it doesn't sound that bad for a first heartbeat. My DR just said that normally it is betwwen 140-150 so it was a little high and I thought OH NO!!!! But since Friday I have read that like yours a lot start out high then settle. So that makes me feel better. I do love your idea of getting some of each clothes and putting the others back. I just may try that if I find something I can't live without. Now I'm counting down until my next appointment on 2/17.
Oh? That's not high. That's actually really weird your doc would say that, unless your doc was just having an off day? Maybe he/she had seen only ppl really far along and then saw you and was surprised by the high HR? IDK LOL. But 162 is definitely, totally normal. EVEN a hr like that throughout the pregnancy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2pirates View Post
we have our third due on July 1. I will be going to disney over spring break at the end of my second trimester. I'm bummed to miss some of the rides with my almost three year old. It will be his first time on Splash Mountain. We're thinking of going in the fall for MNSSHP when the baby will be about 3 months.

My second went to disney when he was 12 weeks old. He was so easy because he slept all the time. It was July which I would never do again..I was so worried about the heat with him...he did fine we took lots of shade/ac breaks. When we go in April this will be his fourth time before the age of three! Mickey Mouse was his first word! We got some amazing pictures of him as an infant with the characters at Disney. One of my favorites is him in the stroller with his medium sized stuffed Mickey mouse. It was bigger then him and now he snuggles up to it at night.
Aw sorry to hear you'll miss some of the rides, but it should be a fun trip!! You'll be wanting to take it easy anyway! Your son is one lucky kid to get to go so often!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansionterror View Post
Just checking in to see how all are doing and as you can see by the pic in my sig I have moved from being pregnant to being a Mother. Ava was born on 01/05 at 11:31 PM. She decided to come along at 39 weeks and weighed in at 9.3. She will be 3 weeks old tomorrow and is doing great. I hope everyone else has good pregnancies and smooth deliveries.
Woohoo!! Congrats!! Lovely pic! Though I would love to see more!! 9.3 lbs at 39 weeks!! Guess she was ready!! Makes me want my LO soooo mucH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feistygalkmc View Post
Oh Holy Target! I went this morning after I dropped my Prince Charmin' off for work and I checked out the baby section. I got some of THE cutest stuff. A little bit of boy stuff and a little girl stuff. It was so cheap I had to and the best part is the boy stuff except for a couple of things really look unisex. I will have to take a pic and post it when I get home from work. You all may get a little chuckle out of the fact that almost EVERY thing I bought is Disney! lol
LOL that's hilarious. Ahh the joys of finding CUTE unisex stuff!! I remember finding that, and yes - boy's things definitely work better for girls than the other way around. That's awesome that most was Disney too, I haven't had too much luck finding cute disney things, so I just can't wait for October to roll around and we can do some major shopping at WDW for her!!
__________________
Imagineer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #247
hannahdrewmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,670

Just found out yesterday that our 3rd will be a PRINCESS!!
We are so excited! 2 princesses and a prince!
hannahdrewmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #248
rao363
Mouseketeer
 
rao363's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahdrewmom View Post
Just found out yesterday that our 3rd will be a PRINCESS!!
We are so excited! 2 princesses and a prince!
Awe Congrats!! I can't wait to find out what baby #2 is !! 10 days to go still
__________________
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes
Me DH DS(2) CoCo
rao363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #249
mansionterror
DIS Veteran
 
mansionterror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 683

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Woohoo!! Congrats!! Lovely pic! Though I would love to see more!! 9.3 lbs at 39 weeks!! Guess she was ready!! Makes me want my LO soooo mucH!
Here you go. I'll never turn down a request for pictures.





__________________
Melissa James (DH)Ava (DD2)


mansionterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #250
beautifultomorrow
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 629

Hi ladies! I am so excited to join this thread! I just found out yesterday that DH and I are expecting our first baby!

Here's the kicker, we are leaving TOMORROW for Disney! I'm not very far along (3-4 weeks maybe) and don't even have my first doctor's appointment till after we get home. What do you guys think about what rides I should and shouldn't ride? I'm so excited to be pregnant but honestly a little bit bummed I might have to skip a lot of my favorite rides. (I know priorities! lol!)
beautifultomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #251
hipporina
I keep Kleenex in business
 
hipporina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 918

Had my 37 week check and baby boy is still breech, so we scheduled my c-section for Feb 13! I'm still hoping he will turn so I can have my natural childbirth, but I'm just excited to get him here either way.
__________________
Kristy - Adoptive mom of Luke 18, Kathryn 16, Paul 15, Daniel 14, Joshua 14, Caleb 13, Juliana 12, and Josiah 12
Mom to Jude on 2/13/12 through embryo adoption!
Follow my blog on the everyday adventures of life with 9 kids! http://choosinglaughterandlove.com/about-me

WDW: 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, Dec 2013
Disneyland: 2009
hipporina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #252
aubrey0201
AReeves
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 21

Just found out I will be expecting my third little on around Sept. 20th, if all goes well of course! DD 7 DS 5... what did I get myself into again!? Problem is, we have a family trip planned with my SIL and her family for the first week of December..... Since this is her first trip... our third.... I hate to cancel on her, but this new little one is only going to be 1.5 months old...... has anyone ever traveled to the world with a newborn like that?! Oh Please help me!!!!
aubrey0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #253
feistygalkmc
She lacks the indefinable charm of weakness
 
feistygalkmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tulsa Oklahoma
Posts: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post


Oh? That's not high. That's actually really weird your doc would say that, unless your doc was just having an off day? Maybe he/she had seen only ppl really far along and then saw you and was surprised by the high HR? IDK LOL. But 162 is definitely, totally normal. EVEN a hr like that throughout the pregnancy!

I think she said 150 at my stage should be the max but whatever! lol After reading the HR's others had that made me feel better. And knowing that it goes down a bit throughout helps too. I'm still in that stage of is there really something in there????? Even though I saw the baby and heard the heartbeat I want to hear it all the time now to make sure the baby is still in there. Silly I know but it's my first so I'm just excited to feel the baby move etc. My next appt. isn't until 2/17 so I have a while to go until we hear the heartbeat again.
I found some more stuff at Target this weekend but I settled on only getting a set of onesies. They were Alice in Wonderland and just SO cute I couldn't resist. DF was with me and was really trying to steer me away from getting anything else until we know for sure so I just walked away with the onesies. I figured I can take back the girl stuff (I have 90 days with receipt) if we find out we are having a boy so it's not hurting anything.
I also signed up for our just between friends sale that is taking place in March. It is supposed to be great for childrens clothes, toys, anything you could imagine. I can't wait to go!

Mansionterror---your little Ava is SO cute!
feistygalkmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #254
hannahdrewmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,670

Quote:
Originally Posted by feistygalkmc View Post
. I'm still in that stage of is there really something in there????? Even though I saw the baby and heard the heartbeat I want to hear it all the time now to make sure the baby is still in there. Silly I know but it's my first so I'm just excited to feel the baby move etc. My next appt. isn't until 2/17 so I have a while to go until we hear the heartbeat again.
Not silly at all! This is our third and I drove my husband crazy until just last week @ 19 weeks when I started to consistently feel the baby! I HATE weeks 12-18ish. You aren't sick anymore, you aren't showing, and you can't feel a thing! It's exactly that feeling of... "Are you sure there is something in there?!"
hannahdrewmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #255
hipporina
I keep Kleenex in business
 
hipporina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 918

Quote:
Originally Posted by feistygalkmc View Post
I think she said 150 at my stage should be the max but whatever! lol After reading the HR's others had that made me feel better. And knowing that it goes down a bit throughout helps too. I'm still in that stage of is there really something in there????? Even though I saw the baby and heard the heartbeat I want to hear it all the time now to make sure the baby is still in there. Silly I know but it's my first so I'm just excited to feel the baby move etc. My next appt. isn't until 2/17 so I have a while to go until we hear the heartbeat again.

We bought a home doppler and that saved my sanity until I started to feel him move at 17 weeks. I worried about him so much, and being able to hear his heartbeat every night was very comforting. I've pulled it out once or twice lately when he has had a quiet spell (he usually starts wiggling as soon as I do!) I got a Sonoline B off of eBay brand new for about $50. It was worth every penny and more.
__________________
Kristy - Adoptive mom of Luke 18, Kathryn 16, Paul 15, Daniel 14, Joshua 14, Caleb 13, Juliana 12, and Josiah 12
Mom to Jude on 2/13/12 through embryo adoption!
Follow my blog on the everyday adventures of life with 9 kids! http://choosinglaughterandlove.com/about-me

WDW: 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, Dec 2013
Disneyland: 2009
hipporina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: