Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2012, 05:00 AM   #226
QVCshopper
DIS Veteran

I had my girl on January 18. Lily Mae, 7 lb, 2 oz, 20.5". Hardly made it to the hospital... Water broke and she was here two minutes later. Her first trip to Disney World is coming up in June, so she will be a nice, portable 5 months old by that point. Good luck to the other new moms to be!
QVCshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #227
linnell
DIS Veteran

Congrats! Lily Mae is my niece's name and she is 5 and quite the spitfire.

I guess I should join this board too, I just found out last week that I'm due in September.

linnell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #228
rao363
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QVCshopper View Post
I had my girl on January 18. Lily Mae, 7 lb, 2 oz, 20.5". Hardly made it to the hospital... Water broke and she was here two minutes later. Her first trip to Disney World is coming up in June, so she will be a nice, portable 5 months old by that point. Good luck to the other new moms to be!
Congrats on your new arrival!! May I ask...was this your first child?? I am expecting my second 6/29 and I hear after the first they just "fall out" .
Old 01-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #229
rao363
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnell View Post

I guess I should join this board too, I just found out last week that I'm due in September.
Congrats!
Old 01-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #230
stout
Mouseketeer

Colette

My peanut, Colette, arrived on 01/10/12. Forgot how small they are! Her name, well, it all started with a mouse . . .
We were planning to sail DCL in April to Hawaii, but scrapped that yesterday in favor of WDW, as that was preferred by the DD5. So hubby and I are taking the kiddos to WDW in April.
stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #231
dizkrazkate
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastiansmom View Post
Hello everyone!

DH and I have a DS9. We always knew we wanted another child, but the time never seemed right. About 9 months ago, right as we were planning our last WDW vacation, we finally realized that if we wait for the perfect time, it would never happen. I didn't want to miss out on any rides or "fun" drinks during our vacation, so we decided to start 'trying' that week.

Four weeks and 1 day after our vacation started, I saw 2 lines! We we're instantly overjoyed. Over the next couple weeks we proceeded to tell almost everyone we knew. Of course, everyone was thrilled because it had been awhile since I had been pregnant! The baby was due within days of our 10 year anniversary.

I miscarried at 6 weeks. As excited as I was to be pregnant, I never felt pregnant. Not physically, or mentally.

One week ago, I called the doctor because I hadn't had a . in 6 weeks. (I had taken a pg test about 2 weeks earlier.) She said to take another test and then we would go from there. It was positive and I feel horrible.

My nausea and utter exhaustion thrill me because the pregnancy seems more "real." I just hope everything works out okay this time. We aren't telling people yet because it was so hard to tell people when we were no longer pregnant. Here's looking forward to a new baby this fall!
I'm so sorry about your losses. I have had 3 losses, and even at 6 weeks, it can be heartbreaking. It's happy to hear that things have taken a turn for the better, Congratulations!

*New Blog Post 11/15/13 Making R3*

1978-off site 1981- off site 1986 - Marriot World Center 1989-Magic Music Days off site 1991-Magic Music Days Caribbean Beach Resort 1993-Magic Music Days Caribbean Beach Resort 1998-Coronado Springs 2008-off site 2009-Kidani Village 2010-Saratoga Springs 2010-All Star Movies 2010-Kidani Village2011-Disneyland2011-BLT2012-Kidani2013-Villas at Wilderness Lodge2014-Kidani Princess Half Marathon!
dizkrazkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #232
rao363
Mouseketeer

Hey Everyone! Hope you all are doing well!! I just wanted to share that in exactly 2 weeks, We will find out if we are expecting another prince or our first princess !! In the begining I felt like my pregnancy was dragging, but I have since been very busy with trying to plan possibly 2 Disney Vacations this year!! We are looking to go in October and then in December. The newest addition will be about 3 months in we go in October!! I am sure hoping we can pull these vacations off...I could so use a trip to the World right now
Old 01-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #233
Childs1stTime2Disney
Mouseketeer

Nice idea for a thread.

Not pg, but wondering...if I were to be pg when I fly to Disney, does anyone know if you can bring a note from your doctor and skip the xray machine/metal detector and opt for the pat down? I would not want to go through that if I was pg. And if you are pg and do go through them, what does your OB say about that? Is it considered safe?

Congrats to all the pg Disney moms to be!!!
Childs1stTime2Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #234
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

We flew at Christmas and I was obviously pregnant. Both ways I was waved through the old machines instead of the new ones. So, if you are obviously showing, it doesn't seem like a note is needed. But, maybe if you are not showing? I think anyone can opt out anyway and go for the pat down. My son's car seat triggered something one way and because I was carrying it, I got the pat down. Fun times, but not that bad.

4.5 more weeks for me- but my son was born 3.5 weeks early, so it could be sooner!
AZMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:02 AM   #235
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay congrats!! Would love to see pics!! That's awesome. I'd also like to know if she was your first! I'm hoping that happens for me. Have fun planning your upcoming trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnell View Post

congrats on the awesome news! hope things are going well for ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stout View Post
My peanut, Colette, arrived on 01/10/12. Forgot how small they are! Her name, well, it all started with a mouse . . .
We were planning to sail DCL in April to Hawaii, but scrapped that yesterday in favor of WDW, as that was preferred by the DD5. So hubby and I are taking the kiddos to WDW in April.
Woot! Congrats! What a fun thread, but we need PICTURES!! hehehe

Hope you write a TR or at least come back telling about your experience at WDW with an infant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao363 View Post
Hey Everyone! Hope you all are doing well!! I just wanted to share that in exactly 2 weeks, We will find out if we are expecting another prince or our first princess !! In the begining I felt like my pregnancy was dragging, but I have since been very busy with trying to plan possibly 2 Disney Vacations this year!! We are looking to go in October and then in December. The newest addition will be about 3 months in we go in October!! I am sure hoping we can pull these vacations off...I could so use a trip to the World right now
Yay!! That's so exciting. Do you have a prediction? I will say that I did EVERYTHING I read about to determine her gender beforehand, and literally everything but the high HR was CORRECT! like the string test, chinese gender chart, everything. Very cool! Even the baking soda...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs1stTime2Disney View Post
Nice idea for a thread.

Not pg, but wondering...if I were to be pg when I fly to Disney, does anyone know if you can bring a note from your doctor and skip the xray machine/metal detector and opt for the pat down? I would not want to go through that if I was pg. And if you are pg and do go through them, what does your OB say about that? Is it considered safe?

Congrats to all the pg Disney moms to be!!!
Regular xray machines are fine & I don't think they would let you skip them but I did manage to bypass the new scanners last time by placing myself into a regular xray scanner line. If they place you in the new scanner line, you can request the pay down instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZMermaid View Post
We flew at Christmas and I was obviously pregnant. Both ways I was waved through the old machines instead of the new ones. So, if you are obviously showing, it doesn't seem like a note is needed. But, maybe if you are not showing? I think anyone can opt out anyway and go for the pat down. My son's car seat triggered something one way and because I was carrying it, I got the pat down. Fun times, but not that bad.

4.5 more weeks for me- but my son was born 3.5 weeks early, so it could be sooner!
Woohoo!! So exciting for ya!! Any signs that baby might come sooner? Are you getting checks from your doc??

AFM - 38 week checkup is today with my first internal check. Excited!!! And nervous!! I decided to do the membrane stripping IF I'm 2+ cm (doc won't do it unless I'm 2+). We'll see!
Old 01-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #236
QVCshopper
DIS Veteran

Thanks, everyone! Lily is my third baby, and the labors have gotten faster with each pregnancy. This time, I felt lucky to make it up to L & D. Left our house at 8:51 (we were waiting in the driveway for my MIL so she could babysit the kids) and had her at 9:14. Good luck to everyone!
QVCshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #237
hannahdrewmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Regular xray machines are fine & I don't think they would let you skip them but I did manage to bypass the new scanners last time by placing myself into a regular xray scanner line. If they place you in the new scanner line, you can request the pay down instead.
I've been researching some on line about this... I"ll be 26 weeks when we fly. It looks like TSA will let you opt out of ANY machine for the pat down. (Which I plan on doing.) Seeing as right now they are starting to do a study on radiation with the technicians that run the machines to see if there are any issues, I would think they would be even more lenient.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jan...fcase-20120116
hannahdrewmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #238
feistygalkmc
She lacks the indefinable charm of weakness

Congrats to all the new moms out there! We finally got to see our baby on Friday. Heartbeat was great, a little fast but it sounded good and the poor little thing was all scrunched up lol Of course it is still too early to know the sex but hopefully by our appointment next month. My due date according my last period was 7/28-7/29 but according to the ultrasound it is predicting 8/7. So we will have to see. We are ready to know if we will be having a prince or a princess so we can really start shopping at the clearance sales I'm finding.
feistygalkmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #239
Avojeo
Mouseketeer

I am so glad to hear that so many people have taken a young one to Disney or planning to do so.

Congrats to all the recent births lately as well as the new pregnant ones.

2002:WL 2006:POFQ 2007:AKL 2008:OKW/BWV AKV/SSR 2009: SSR/BC 2010: AKV
Me DH: DD:
Avojeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #240
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, everyone! Lily is my third baby, and the labors have gotten faster with each pregnancy. This time, I felt lucky to make it up to L & D. Left our house at 8:51 (we were waiting in the driveway for my MIL so she could babysit the kids) and had her at 9:14. Good luck to everyone!
Wow that is so amazing! Congrats again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahdrewmom View Post
I've been researching some on line about this... I"ll be 26 weeks when we fly. It looks like TSA will let you opt out of ANY machine for the pat down. (Which I plan on doing.) Seeing as right now they are starting to do a study on radiation with the technicians that run the machines to see if there are any issues, I would think they would be even more lenient.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jan...fcase-20120116
Jeez I hadn't heard that at all! Glad you'll be able to get out of it. I was worried bc we flew when I was just about 6 weeks along, but thankfully it turned out fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feistygalkmc View Post
Congrats to all the new moms out there! We finally got to see our baby on Friday. Heartbeat was great, a little fast but it sounded good and the poor little thing was all scrunched up lol Of course it is still too early to know the sex but hopefully by our appointment next month. My due date according my last period was 7/28-7/29 but according to the ultrasound it is predicting 8/7. So we will have to see. We are ready to know if we will be having a prince or a princess so we can really start shopping at the clearance sales I'm finding.
Yay! Glad to hear the US went well. How fast was the hb? Ours started in the 180's I think but settled to around 140 eventually. I remember waiting to do the clothes shopping, and I definitely bought a bunch of outfits before knowing! I bought some REALLY cute girl clothes, then DH made me feel bad in case we were having a boy so we bought a few OK boy clothes, which are now in a bag in the attic LOL. There are certainly adorable boy clothes out there, and I look forward to being able to shop for them eventually, but I was very glad I was able to keep out all the girl stuff I found!

AFM - 38 week check up was AWFUL!!! 1st cervical check. It hurt SO SO SO MUCH. No dilation, 50% effaced. SO no membrane stripping for me...humph. Not sure if I ever want to go through that again, though I think it *should* hurt less as it drops right? I sure hope so.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: