Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #211
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

Congrats Daniele! He is a cutie. That sounds really scary, but I am glad everyone is doing well now. I am jealous that you have a well baby nursery. My first son would not sleep at the hospital at all, so neither did I, and it was really hard on me that there was no nursery. But, that seems to be the norm here in Phoenix anyway.

I have 6 weeks to go... maybe. My son was born 3.5 weeks early. I am really hoping to make it to at least 37 weeks this time so the baby doesn't have to go through all the preemie tests and we don't have to stay an extra day like last time. 37 weeks is Feb 1, so I am just hoping for a Feb baby! My husband wants another week so this one will come after the Super Bowl. But, the baby has dropped, so we will see.

I am a teacher and starting to really stress out about my maternity leave. I have a wonderful competant sub, so I know it will be fine, but I want to leave her prepared too!
AZMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #212
dizkrazkate
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniele_ut View Post
Hi again! I just thought I would give a little update. DS made his entrance into the world on 12/12 at 36 weeks. My delivery was planned to be early because of suspected placenta accreta. I had a c-section/hysterectomy and it turned out to be placenta increta (placenta had grown into the uterine muscle). The surgery was long and complicated but it went well. DS initially went to the well baby nursery, but after a few hours they transferred him the the NICU because he was having fast respiration. That resolved within 24 hours, but by then he was having feeding issues, so he spent 17 days there.

He has been home for almost 2 weeks now and we are in love! He's a pretty good sleeper and he has just fit perfectly into our little family. His brother and sister love him, though 3 yo DD is having a bit of a hard time adjusting to the changes in the routine. We'll get things ironed out, though.

Here is DS waving goodbye to the NICU:

What a sweetie! It sounds like a long ordeal, but everything worked out just fine. At least you knew about the increta ahead of time. I am an L&D nurse, and an unknown accreda or worse can be a life threatening nightmare for the patient (and the nurse too)! I'm glad little guy did okay too. I wish other patients would realize that although babies usually do just fine, having a baby at 36 weeks is still risky, and not the best for baby (your situation was different). I had a patient this weekend that was mad and treated us like junk because she was upset that we didn't want her to give birth at 32 weeks!!! I hope you are healing well, and that DD3 is getting used to new baby brother!

For the OP that is going to Disney with a baby, NO WORRIES!! Hakuna Matata! I am due in early May, and we are booked in mid-September. The reservation is already made and booked for each of our names including someone named "Baby". You'll be fine!!

1978-off site 1981- off site 1986 - Marriot World Center 1989-Magic Music Days off site 1991-Magic Music Days Caribbean Beach Resort 1993-Magic Music Days Caribbean Beach Resort 1998-Coronado Springs 2008-off site 2009-Kidani Village 2010-Saratoga Springs 2010-All Star Movies 2010-Kidani Village 2011-Disneyland 2011-BLT 2012-Kidani 2013-Villas at Wilderness Lodge 2014-Kidani Princess Half Marathon! 2014-Disney's Paradise Pier at Disneyland Feb 2015 - Kidani Village for Disney's Glass Slipper Challenge May 2015-Disneyland for Pixie Dust Challenge
dizkrazkate is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #213
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

My feeling about going to WDW with a baby under 4 months are- 90% of the time, it will be totally easy and awesome. 10% of the time.... well, babies have colic. My son screamed like someone was ripping his arms out of his sockets every single night from 5-10PM from 3-11 weeks and then from 11-14 weeks it got better and he only screamed from 7-10. There was not a thing we could do about it. You name it, we tried it. During the day, he was never really happy and fussed all day long, but didn't scream bloody murder at least. It was hell and I can not imagine how awful that would be to deal with on vacation. Chances are, it will be fine, but I always try to throw that possibility out there because you never know. The good thing is, by the time the baby is a month old, you will know. It is WAY worse than the normal 6 week fussiness. After having been through it, I would never schedule anything non-refundable just in case. But, hopefully it won't happen to anyone here. I don't understand when people say the first few months are a peice of cake and all the baby does is sleep, because that was not my experience at all, but I am hoping for it for this one. But, if this one has colic, at least now I know it does end, and you would never know by interacting with my son now- he is super happy and way less tantrum-y than other kids his age!
AZMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #214
hipporina
I keep Kleenex in business

Daniele - He is a doll! I'm glad to hear that you are both doing well despite the rough start.

I can't believe I am almost to 5 weeks left! This is going by so quickly! I'm still feeling pretty good, but am getting really anxious to meet my little guy!

WDW: 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, Dec 2013
Disneyland: 2009
hipporina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #215
rillsung
DIS Veteran

I just popped in to update! Hailey Lynn was born on Christmas Eve. So much for waiting till the week after Christmas, huh? We talked to Santa and he came on the 29th instead of the 25th hehehe. We even drove around to see the Christmas lights like we would do on Christmas Eve Good thing my older 2 are 5 and 2.5 so they don't know the difference. She was 6lb, 11.4oz and 18 3/4 inches long and both of us are doing great!

We're going on a cruise in May and she'll be almost 5mo old. Maybe we're insane

rillsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #216
QVCshopper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rillsung View Post
I just popped in to update! Hailey Lynn was born on Christmas Eve. So much for waiting till the week after Christmas, huh? We talked to Santa and he came on the 29th instead of the 25th hehehe. We even drove around to see the Christmas lights like we would do on Christmas Eve Good thing my older 2 are 5 and 2.5 so they don't know the difference. She was 6lb, 11.4oz and 18 3/4 inches long and both of us are doing great!

Congrats! I remember asking about Christmas; too funny that she came on Christmas Eve! Glad you're all doing well; I'm sure the kids were happy as long as they got presents, and you get the tax deduction! I have less than two weeks left, and we are going to DW when mine will be 5mo, too.
QVCshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #217
Ella de Vil
She's practically human, or so it would seem

I'm pregnant with twins, our last. I'm scheduled for cesarean on Leap Year Day. Here's hoping they'll like that birthday (instead of being annoyed at having a birthday only once every four years), if it works out.

They're two more girls! We're not good at having boys!!!

Alonzo and Ella (102 Dalmatians), in an alternate universe - DH & Me

DD, 17 ❤ DD, 8 ❤ DD, 7 ❤ DS, 2 ❤ DD, 2 ❤ DD, 2 ❤ and two more not yet born! ❤
Ella de Vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #218
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Congrats to all the new mama's!! So exciting for everyone and can't wait to hear updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rillsung View Post

Yay congrats to you guys! I keep looking to see if you've had the little one yet. Beautiful name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella de Vil View Post
I'm pregnant with twins, our last. I'm scheduled for cesarean on Leap Year Day. Here's hoping they'll like that birthday (instead of being annoyed at having a birthday only once every four years), if it works out.

They're two more girls! We're not good at having boys!!!
WOW congrats on the two newest additions, only a few more weeks left!! Amazing how many girls you have!

As for me - 3.5 weeks left until due date!! 2 more weeks left of work...wish it was less, mainly just so I could sleep in because I am NOT sleeping any more. Like 3 hours/night max with heartburn & pelvic pain. Not fun!!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #219
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

bumping...hoping you're all doing well!! would love to see some baby pics!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #220
Bastiansmom
Mouseketeer

I'm so glad I can "secretly" share.......

Hello everyone!

DH and I have a DS9. We always knew we wanted another child, but the time never seemed right. About 9 months ago, right as we were planning our last WDW vacation, we finally realized that if we wait for the perfect time, it would never happen. I didn't want to miss out on any rides or "fun" drinks during our vacation, so we decided to start 'trying' that week.

Four weeks and 1 day after our vacation started, I saw 2 lines! We we're instantly overjoyed. Over the next couple weeks we proceeded to tell almost everyone we knew. Of course, everyone was thrilled because it had been awhile since I had been pregnant! The baby was due within days of our 10 year anniversary.

I miscarried at 6 weeks. As excited as I was to be pregnant, I never felt pregnant. Not physically, or mentally.

One week ago, I called the doctor because I hadn't had a . in 6 weeks. (I had taken a pg test about 2 weeks earlier.) She said to take another test and then we would go from there. It was positive and I feel horrible.

My nausea and utter exhaustion thrill me because the pregnancy seems more "real." I just hope everything works out okay this time. We aren't telling people yet because it was so hard to tell people when we were no longer pregnant. Here's looking forward to a new baby this fall!
Bastiansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:12 AM   #221
leelip1982
Mouseketeer

What a great thread! DH and I are expecting our first child around 6/15/12! I am 19 weeks and 2 days. We are having a baby boy!!!! Our little man will be going to Disney World in November 2012 for the first time. He will be around 5 months old.
Bastiansmom I hope everything goes well this time around Sending you pixie dust
Old 01-18-2012, 08:36 AM   #222
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastiansmom View Post
Hello everyone!

DH and I have a DS9. We always knew we wanted another child, but the time never seemed right. About 9 months ago, right as we were planning our last WDW vacation, we finally realized that if we wait for the perfect time, it would never happen. I didn't want to miss out on any rides or "fun" drinks during our vacation, so we decided to start 'trying' that week.

Four weeks and 1 day after our vacation started, I saw 2 lines! We we're instantly overjoyed. Over the next couple weeks we proceeded to tell almost everyone we knew. Of course, everyone was thrilled because it had been awhile since I had been pregnant! The baby was due within days of our 10 year anniversary.

I miscarried at 6 weeks. As excited as I was to be pregnant, I never felt pregnant. Not physically, or mentally.

One week ago, I called the doctor because I hadn't had a . in 6 weeks. (I had taken a pg test about 2 weeks earlier.) She said to take another test and then we would go from there. It was positive and I feel horrible.

My nausea and utter exhaustion thrill me because the pregnancy seems more "real." I just hope everything works out okay this time. We aren't telling people yet because it was so hard to tell people when we were no longer pregnant. Here's looking forward to a new baby this fall!
Congrats!! Sorry to hear about your mc, they are never easy. Though I will say that with this LO I never felt preggo either, esp in the beginning, so you never know. I wouldn't say that's a sign of mc'ing - for anyone who might read your post and start to worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelip1982 View Post
What a great thread! DH and I are expecting our first child around 6/15/12! I am 19 weeks and 2 days. We are having a baby boy!!!! Our little man will be going to Disney World in November 2012 for the first time. He will be around 5 months old.

Yay congrats on your little boy! So exciting, you must have just found out he was a HE recently? We found out at 15w5d. That's awesome you're going in November too, we're headed to WDW in October for baby's first trip too!
Old 01-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #223
feistygalkmc
She lacks the indefinable charm of weakness

I just wanted to check in, we are having our first US on Friday and we are SO excited!! I'm not feeling as tired as I was the past several weeks but I'm very anxious to see my baby!!! Lol
feistygalkmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #224
hannahdrewmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelip1982 View Post
I'm due on 6/15 too! I must say I'm jealous you know already! I was supposed to find out last week and they called and rescheduled it for next week! I was annoyed but I guess I'll live! We have one boy and one girl already so this is the tie breaker and everyone is dying to know. I'm excited either way, and feeling the baby more and more now so very ahppy!

We are thinking of going in Nov or Dec of next year. Right now though I'm looking forward to the trip in March. I'll be 25 weeks.
hannahdrewmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:15 AM   #225
leelip1982
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahdrewmom View Post
I'm due on 6/15 too! I must say I'm jealous you know already! I was supposed to find out last week and they called and rescheduled it for next week! I was annoyed but I guess I'll live! We have one boy and one girl already so this is the tie breaker and everyone is dying to know. I'm excited either way, and feeling the baby more and more now so very ahppy!

We are thinking of going in Nov or Dec of next year. Right now though I'm looking forward to the trip in March. I'll be 25 weeks.
Hopefully you will be able to find out what your little one is. We are going in November for our 2year wedding anniversary and our going in Feb this year for our birthdays. Let us know what your having.

@ Imagineer5 we just found out on Jan 4th! Very happy to finally know its a boy!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: