Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2011, 08:47 AM   #196
amylynne01
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesLifeYoho View Post
Hello,
Im new to this blog, and was hoping to bounce some thoughts with you.

My husband and I just found out that we are expecting our first baby. We are both very excited. The doctor says we are at about 7 or 8 weeks in. Our extended family has a big reunion-like trip to WDW planned for for late June (also happens to be during my birthday). We planned on going, as I am one of the biggest Disney fans I know at my age, and it is a one time opportunity to have everyone be there at the same time. I am concerned about what to expect if we do decide to go at roughly 6 or 7 months pregnant. How would you spend your time there if you couldnt ride any of the rides?

Thanks for your thoughts.
Congrats to you! You CAN ride a lot of stuff, just no roller coasters, nothing super fast, and nothing with a specific pregnancy warning. This still leaves you a ton of rides and shows you can experience. I went earlier in December, and I had to rest a lot, drink a lot, and I think I found every restroom in MK and Epcot. But we had a great time!

I am 26wks now and getting ready for baby. We don't know the gender, so we're only buying enough gender neutral outfits to last a few weeks. Then we'll get whatever we need after baby is born. Gotta play musical beds with my older 2 to empty the crib for #3. I am off work until September (I teach at a community college), so I have lots of time to get this house ready to go!
12/2011 SSR with no kids for our 5yr anniversary
1/2013 BLT for our first trip as a family of 5
8/2015 FW? Family reunion with my parents, sisters, and kids
12/2016 Poly? Celebrating our 10yr anniversary with our kids
amylynne01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:50 PM   #197
hipporina
I keep Kleenex in business

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesLifeYoho View Post
Hello,
Im new to this blog, and was hoping to bounce some thoughts with you.

My husband and I just found out that we are expecting our first baby. We are both very excited. The doctor says we are at about 7 or 8 weeks in. Our extended family has a big reunion-like trip to WDW planned for for late June (also happens to be during my birthday). We planned on going, as I am one of the biggest Disney fans I know at my age, and it is a one time opportunity to have everyone be there at the same time. I am concerned about what to expect if we do decide to go at roughly 6 or 7 months pregnant. How would you spend your time there if you couldnt ride any of the rides?

Thanks for your thoughts.
I have not gone pregnant, but my family had a big trip like that planned when my sister was expecting and she went with us when she was 33 weeks along. She didn't tell us at the time, but she had some pretty significant contractions while she was there and got very tired. She spent a good bit of the trip back in the room laying down. Her ds was born about a week after we got home, but her dd before that was early too, so I don't know that the trip was a factor.

I am 33 weeks into my first pregnancy and I can't imagine going to WDW right now! I would consider it if everyone else was going and I didn't want to miss out, but it is not something I would choose on my own. I do think I would have enjoyed a trip in the second trimester though.

That said, just plan on taking it very easy and needing far more breaks than you think you will. I am always amazed at how slow and tired I am now, and I was in excellent shape when I got pregnant. It can be very frustrating, but if you go into it expecting that, you can still have a good time. Look at it as an opportunity to really slow down, absorb the atmosphere, and focus on the longer shows and attractions that you might skip on a faster paced trip (Hall of Presidents!)

WDW: 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, Dec 2013
Disneyland: 2009
hipporina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2011, 09:28 PM   #198
piratesLifeYoho
Mouseketeer

Thank you, I really appreciate all your thoughts.

I've accepted the fact that if I am lucky enough to make the trip (doctor has final say of course), I will be happy to use it as a completly relaxing and even pampering experience: taking a stroll to enjoy the scenery, shopping, catching shows, being pool side, and maybe even a spa treatment. I hear the Coronado Springs resort is pretty nice; not a bad place to hide away

I still hope to run into mickey! He is the one big, elusive signature I still need after my two previous trips years ago.

bring back VMK
http://www.savevmktoday.com/index.html

listen to this!
http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-12100
piratesLifeYoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #199
CityGranola
Earning My Ears

Awesome! I just saw this and haven't read all the replies yet, I just wanted to post really quickly.

I'm due in June of 2012 and we will likely all go to Disney in October of 2013. We aren't finding out the gender so we're having a "meet the baby party" instead of a baby shower after he/she arrives.

We also have 2 boys (may 05 and Dec. 08). We went to Disney the summer of 2010 and it was SO awesome... I wanted to go back the summer of 2012, but Disney with a newborn after a c-section... probably not the best idea.
CityGranola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #200
Avojeo
Mouseketeer

I saw this thread when looking for advice to travel with a newborn in Disney world. I am due July 2012 and we have two trips plan, October 2012 and November 2012. Nervous about doing this since this is our first baby. We are very excited about the baby.

2002:WL 2006:POFQ 2007:AKL 2008:OKW/BWV AKV/SSR 2009: SSR/BC 2010: AKV
Me DH: DD:
Avojeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #201
rao363
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avojeo View Post
I saw this thread when looking for advice to travel with a newborn in Disney world. I am due July 2012 and we have two trips plan, October 2012 and November 2012. Nervous about doing this since this is our first baby. We are very excited about the baby.
Don't be nervous! I am expecting my 2nd baby June 29th and my family and I have a trip planned for December! With my first son, he was born early Sept. 2009 and we went to Disney December 2009...he turned 3 months old down there. Honestly, he was very easy because he mostly napped in the stroller and then would wake up, look around, eat, get changed, and back to sleep!haha. We returned from his 3rd trip this past October (he is 2yrs old) and even though he appreciated the whole "Disney Experience" more now then when he was 3 months, he is also A LOT more work!haha.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #202
Cant wait for Disney
DIS Veteran

hello ladies! I am so excited to jump on this board! I am 9 weeks pregnant with #2! So far, being pregnant with a 17 month old is a lot tougher than the first time! I am so exhausted and a little more sick than the first time around, but still feeling pretty good! We have a late november trip planned for 2012 so our new one will be just about 4 months old at the time. We took DS when he was 10 months and it went great! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that an even littler one will be easy too! Any thoughts?!

1st trip-off site 1990's, 2nd-Wilderness Lodge, 3rd-Disney Cruise, 4th-Boardwalk Inn 5th-1999 class trip offsite, 6th-2001 class trip-All Star Music, 7th-2009 Just me and DH Coronado Springs, 8th-2009 Mom's 50th-Yacht Club, 9th-2011 Boardwalk Villas, 10th-2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village, 11th-2014 Bay Lake Tower

Completed our 1st runDisney race! TOT 10 Miler 2014
Cant wait for Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #203
piratesLifeYoho
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cant wait for Disney View Post
hello ladies! I am so excited to jump on this board! I am 9 weeks pregnant with #2! So far, being pregnant with a 17 month old is a lot tougher than the first time! I am so exhausted and a little more sick than the first time around, but still feeling pretty good! We have a late november trip planned for 2012 so our new one will be just about 4 months old at the time. We took DS when he was 10 months and it went great! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that an even littler one will be easy too! Any thoughts?!
Im expecting #1 in August 2012 too! we planned a trip for late June, but are putting off buying any tickets until we have a convo with the doctor. We are considering going earlier rather than after the baby is born, but I hear going with a young one is not so bad at all.

bring back VMK
http://www.savevmktoday.com/index.html

listen to this!
http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-12100
piratesLifeYoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #204
dizkrazkate
Mouseketeer

We are expecting number 4, and to our delight, after three pirates, we are expecting a PRINCESS!0

This will be the first girl in my husband's family in 40 years!

I've already bought a Tinkerbell and a Snow White dress on clearance at Babies -r-us for our September trip. I am due in May.

I did a post for my blog back in November about traveling while early pregnant, and as we have a trip in just 4 weeks, I'm planning on another about going later in the pregnancy. I will turn 28 weeks while we are there. As a long time Disney veteran and a labor and delivery nurse, I have no fears about going. It's February so it won't be too hot, and I know enough to take it easy.

If your interested, here's the link from my post about traveling while pregnant:
http://faith-trust-andpixiedust.blog...-going-to.html

Good luck to all! Can't wait to see all those Disney babies in the parks!

1978-off site 1981- off site 1986 - Marriot World Center 1989-Magic Music Days off site 1991-Magic Music Days Caribbean Beach Resort 1993-Magic Music Days Caribbean Beach Resort 1998-Coronado Springs 2008-off site 2009-Kidani Village 2010-Saratoga Springs 2010-All Star Movies 2010-Kidani Village 2011-Disneyland 2011-BLT 2012-Kidani 2013-Villas at Wilderness Lodge 2014-Kidani Princess Half Marathon! 2014-Disney's Paradise Pier at Disneyland Feb 2015 - Kidani Village for Disney's Glass Slipper Challenge May 2015-Disneyland for Pixie Dust Challenge
dizkrazkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #205
steves1bear
Mouseketeer

dizkrazkate - Congratulations on a princess! How exciting for your DH's family. I don't doubt she'll be one spoiled little girl!!

Just curious, for those who have just delivered or are getting close, did you freeze any meals ahead of time? I'm looking for ideas. So far we've done lasagna, tamales, pasta sauce, and another Mexican dish our friend makes but I can't remember the name. So, if you have ideas, I would love to hear them!

Hope everyone is doing well. We hopefully have just 6 weeks left and I'm so ready for this to be over!
steves1bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #206
dizkrazkate
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steves1bear View Post
dizkrazkate - Congratulations on a princess! How exciting for your DH's family. I don't doubt she'll be one spoiled little girl!!

Just curious, for those who have just delivered or are getting close, did you freeze any meals ahead of time? I'm looking for ideas. So far we've done lasagna, tamales, pasta sauce, and another Mexican dish our friend makes but I can't remember the name. So, if you have ideas, I would love to hear them!

Hope everyone is doing well. We hopefully have just 6 weeks left and I'm so ready for this to be over!
Hi! Yes, I did freeze several casseroles and soups with babies #2 and #3. I was too inexperienced to even think about it with #1. We also had several friends bring meals to us in those first weeks, but having something easy to defrost and feed everyone after that was over was a big help.

I think I had turkey tetrazinni, lasagna, spaghetti sauce (I know you can buy it in a jar, but I'm NY Italian and prefer homemade), and a couple of soups. Soups are nice because you can make a salad and add a nice loaf of bread and call it a meal. I fully intend to make some things for our freezer starting in about April, as I am due the first week of May.

1978-off site 1981- off site 1986 - Marriot World Center 1989-Magic Music Days off site 1991-Magic Music Days Caribbean Beach Resort 1993-Magic Music Days Caribbean Beach Resort 1998-Coronado Springs 2008-off site 2009-Kidani Village 2010-Saratoga Springs 2010-All Star Movies 2010-Kidani Village 2011-Disneyland 2011-BLT 2012-Kidani 2013-Villas at Wilderness Lodge 2014-Kidani Princess Half Marathon! 2014-Disney's Paradise Pier at Disneyland Feb 2015 - Kidani Village for Disney's Glass Slipper Challenge May 2015-Disneyland for Pixie Dust Challenge
dizkrazkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #207
Avojeo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao363 View Post
Don't be nervous! I am expecting my 2nd baby June 29th and my family and I have a trip planned for December! With my first son, he was born early Sept. 2009 and we went to Disney December 2009...he turned 3 months old down there. Honestly, he was very easy because he mostly napped in the stroller and then would wake up, look around, eat, get changed, and back to sleep!haha. We returned from his 3rd trip this past October (he is 2yrs old) and even though he appreciated the whole "Disney Experience" more now then when he was 3 months, he is also A LOT more work!haha.
Thank you for the kind words. Everyone I tell that I am taking a baby to Disney the look of horror comes over their face. So I am was getting nervous. I really appreciate it. I keep saying that this isnt my first trip to Disney so it is okay if I go back to the room for awhile. Anyways, I really do appreciate the support.

2002:WL 2006:POFQ 2007:AKL 2008:OKW/BWV AKV/SSR 2009: SSR/BC 2010: AKV
Me DH: DD:
Avojeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #208
hannahdrewmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steves1bear View Post

I froze stuff too, including breakfasts. My kids and hubby don't just do cereal and I had NO time or energy in the morning. So we did pancakes and breakfast burritos ahead of time. Dinner wise I did chicken and greenbean casseroles, chicken pot pies, lasagna, stews, and I even put together some crockpot stuff in baggies and froze it so all I had to do was empty the bag and turn on the pot. I think we had meals for about 2 weeks plus stuff others as well.
hannahdrewmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #209
feistygalkmc
She lacks the indefinable charm of weakness

I'll join!!! This is our first baby together, my DF has 2 children from a previous marriage. We are just over 11 wks and very excited! I was planning a trip this May to the world but after the news of our baby and a new vehicle purchase it has kind of fallen on the back burner lol I've been dropping hints though! so maybe I can talk him into going during food/wine. Baby will be around 5 ms. then and from what I'm reading it is a little easier to tour the world with a baby vs a toddler. Plus I've kind of sold him on the food/wine experience so it maybe a possibility.

As far as pregnancy goes I have felt surprisingly well. Aside from being tired and some smells bother me I have had no nausea or sickness. Our first ultrasound is next Friday an we can't wait to meet our baby!
feistygalkmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #210
daniele_ut
Mouseketeer

Hi again! I just thought I would give a little update. DS made his entrance into the world on 12/12 at 36 weeks. My delivery was planned to be early because of suspected placenta accreta. I had a c-section/hysterectomy and it turned out to be placenta increta (placenta had grown into the uterine muscle). The surgery was long and complicated but it went well. DS initially went to the well baby nursery, but after a few hours they transferred him the the NICU because he was having fast respiration. That resolved within 24 hours, but by then he was having feeding issues, so he spent 17 days there.

He has been home for almost 2 weeks now and we are in love! He's a pretty good sleeper and he has just fit perfectly into our little family. His brother and sister love him, though 3 yo DD is having a bit of a hard time adjusting to the changes in the routine. We'll get things ironed out, though.

Here is DS waving goodbye to the NICU:

daniele_ut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: