Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2011, 06:16 PM   #121
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 7 Ė Part Six

Then on to Germany. I really like Germany. So I took lots of photos.

DS wanted a pretzel and I needed a beer, so we got some. I was a little peeved that their dining plan system wasnít working and I had to pay for it instead of using a snack credit. I mean we had saved our snack credits specifically for Food and Wine.

I forgot to take photo before we ate it. It was really good and the beer, an Oktoberfest, was really cold and refreshing.

So then I went over the Karamel Kuche and got DD some chocolate covered mashmallows with caramel drizzled over them

Which she really enjoyed. I had a bite and I liked it, too. And for DH and I, I got a dark chocolate covered caramel with salt on top. Isnít is beautiful ??

This was soooo yummy. The salt made it taste good with the beer. True story. Also, this would taste amazing with a cup of coffee. The same thing happened there with the snacks credits and I had to pay OOP. Annoying !!

We snagged a nice little shady table in front of Der Teddy Bear, so we camped there for a little while and got some rest. People were stalking us for our table. "Excuse me, are you leaving soon?" We were like, Um ...no. For realz people ??

DD did her Kidcot and DS fired up another Kim Possible mission. I took more photos.

DH got a beer stein

and a decorative glass.

The train on the way out.

Moving on to Italy. I hit the food kiosk here and got some ravioli and a frozen primavera. DS snagged us a nice shady bench and we ate.

Snack credits still not working and I had to pay OOP - AGAIN !! The manager was at the register trying to solve the problem and I told her it was really BAD that we couldnít effectively use our snack credits. She said she was sorry and I knew that it really wasnít her fault, but I was very frustrated with it. I wasnít mean, though.

Anyway, I ordered two of the ravioli dishes and I got one bite. The kids LOVED these things and ate them so fast. I drank the primavera as the kids werenít into it. It was good, but could have used some booze in it. DS asked if we could get some more ravioli, but I wanted to move on. More Italy photos.

We have a ressie here at Thanksgiving. I canít wait to try it.

I donít get the brick tower here. It seems so out of place. I am sure there is a magical reason it is there. Iíll have to look it up. Googling ÖÖ..

OK hereís the explanation

Enter this beautiful pavilion filled with architecture reminiscent of the city of Venice and feel the allure and romance of this remarkable locale. Find true attention to detail in the bridges, gondolas, colorful barber poles, the Neptune fountain in the central Plaza del Teatro and a stunning 83-foot version of the bell tower, Campanile of St. Mark's Square. Buon giorno!

So that is interesting. Another Italy photo.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #122
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
The train on the way out.

I am glad I am not in your pictures right about here. I went the other way around the world but when I came to Germany I was determined to get a picture pf the F & W decorations in the train village.

I was bent over the railing trying to get my camera to cooperate but the angle was all wrong and I couldn't get the shot but anyone walking by would get a great view of my rear!!!!

Quote:

I was like - MMMmmm how did I miss that ?!?!? and then you said no booze and I thought That's how!
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2011, 07:52 PM   #123
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I am glad I am not in your pictures right about here. I went the other way around the world but when I came to Germany I was determined to get a picture pf the F & W decorations in the train village.

I was bent over the railing trying to get my camera to cooperate but the angle was all wrong and I couldn't get the shot but anyone walking by would get a great view of my rear!!!!

I was like - MMMmmm how did I miss that ?!?!? and then you said no booze and I thought That's how!
Sorry I missed that Germany photo of you ..

Yeah, it was still really warm that day and I thought the kids would like it. But they were more interested in the Ravioli. I should have held out for more alcohol.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #124
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry I missed that Germany photo of you ..
What is sad is that my rear may pop up on someone else's report.
It was crowded and many Disers out there.

Quote:
Yeah, it was still really warm that day and I thought the kids would like it. But they were more interested in the Ravioli. I should have held out for more alcohol.
I found rather late in the day that the strawberry Margarita was a rather substantial serving. Wish I would have seen it earlier.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 10-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #125
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
What is sad is that my rear may pop up on someone else's report.
It was crowded and many Disers out there.

I found rather late in the day that the strawberry Margarita was a rather substantial serving. Wish I would have seen it earlier.
They were big. I think they should the Parisian Cosmo Slushie that size ... just sayin'.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #126
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They were big. I think they should the Parisian Cosmo Slushie that size ... just sayin'.
Or the Cherry Colada. Those Colada cups were bathroom cup size.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:53 PM   #128
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 7 Ė Part Seven.

DD got her bear stamped in Italy and we headed over to the good ole USA.

We never spend enough time here either, so I made the point to take more time to look around. We went through the museum and stuff. I wanted to see the American Adventure and listen to the singers, but the kids were ready to move on. Plus, it was 30 min to the next show, so I said, ďnext timeĒ. We went to the gift shop

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest tossed,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

DD got her bear stamped.

After that, we moved on to Japan.

The kids really love the gift shop here and DS wanted to do another Kim Possible mission.

Construction on the restaurant here.

We got DDís bear stamped

And then it was on to Morocco.

Between Japan and Morocco, there is a drink kiosk that the kids always want to get a blue slushie. There it is on the left.

DD in a fez. See her mouth ?? Evidence of blue slushie.

DS and his blue slushie.

The blue slushies always help the kids to get through the next couple of countries. But they make their lips, teeth and tongues very blue. It wears off after about an hour though.

While we were resting, DD was complaining about a blister and sure enough, she had quite a big one growing. There was a very nice lady next to us from Raleigh and she gave us a band aid. And she needed to take her DD to the bathroom, so we watched her stroller for her until she got back.

We really met a lot of very friendly people on this trip. Didnít really encounter any rude ones at all, except that lady on Spaceship Earth with the flash photos. LOTS of crying babies, though. There was one everywhere we went. I donít know if I never noticed it before, or if there were just more younger kids around on this trip, but they were there and they were squalling. DH said they were like fire ants. One would give a signal and they all started biting Ė or crying as the metaphor applies. Anyway, it seemed like they were everywhere this trip. Iím so glad mine donít do that anymore.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #129
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 7 Ė Part Eight

Beast

Still have never gotten a photo with him.

Next up France !!

DD always wants to stop at the kiosk that serves these ice cream cones. It is vanilla and chocolate swirl and they are really good.

France is my favorite Food and Wine kiosk. Mainly because it has my favorite drink, the Parisian Cosmo slushie !!

And their food is good, too. I got the coq au vin and even though it didnít look very appetizing, it tasted really good.

I thought the short ribs that they had the last two years were better though. I contemplated getting another Parisian Cosmo slushie, but I didnít want to wait in line again. We were all getting pretty tired by this point.

The umbrellas. I love the doll-sized ones. Those would be perfect with an American girl doll.

We got some Photopass photos on the bridge between France and UK.

Next up was the United Kingdom.

Look at DS knocking on that door. I just noticed that. Haha.

Itís so pretty here.

As we entered the country, DD informed us that she didnít get her bear stamped in France. So DH took her back over there to get that done while DS and I grabbed a bench in the garden in the back.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:07 AM   #130
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I really want to try one of those dark chocolate salted caramels...they look SO good!

You weren't kidding about those blue slushies, they are very blue!!
Old 10-19-2011, 06:13 AM   #131
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I really want to try one of those dark chocolate salted caramels...they look SO good!

You weren't kidding about those blue slushies, they are very blue!!
I would love one of those right now with my coffee. They were sooo good. The kids love the blue slushies. I have many a blue slushie photo. This one is my favorite

It is DS, DD and their cousin from last year.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #132
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 7 Ė Part Nine

It was nice and peaceful back there and we were able to get a bench in the shade. DS wanted to take some photos so Ö. here they are.

This is what he thought about Duffy.

BAD DS !!! Poor Duffy !!

12 year olds. Sheesh. Some more that he took.

DH and DD got back and DD ran through the hedge maze. She got her bear stamped and we moved to Canada.

Off Kilter

Construction up top

We were too tired to walk up there. But I love it.

I just love the landscaping here. So pretty.

DH took the kids to Kidcot and took photos

while I went to the Canada Booth and got us some soup.

I just love this soup. How can you go wrong with cheese, bacon and beer ?? Sooo yummy. I got a Molson to go with it. Too bad that they donít serve that soup with pretzel rolls at the F&W booth. The soup is even better with those.

We had planned on eating more, but our Kona Breakfast filled us up so we werenít very hungry. And I was sad that we had not planned to do this another day because there were so many things I wanted to try or experience again.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:22 PM   #133
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

You got some GREAT photos from around WS!!! I wish we had gotten to spend more time there. The blue mouths are too funny!
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
Old 10-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #134
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
You got some GREAT photos from around WS!!! I wish we had gotten to spend more time there. The blue mouths are too funny!
I never feel like I get enough time there. We are staying at Boardwalk for Thanksgiving and it will be so nice just to walk right over. Looking forward to spending some serious time in WS.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:42 PM   #135
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 7 Ė Part Ten

At this point, we were exhausted and headed towards the front of the park. Since DD was in shopping mode this trip, we HAD to stop by Mouse Gear. So we entered the store on the side entrance. And I have seen a thread one the Dis that talks about how it smells in there and I never really noticed itÖ. until now. And they are so right !! It smells like Ö well Ö. Poo, poo in there. You donít notice it near the middle of the store or near the main entrance in the corridor on the way to the Land. But if you go through that side entrance ?? You can really smell it. Ew.

Anyway, I spotted these

And I had to have them. So I went to buy them and I was in line and holding them by their strings and one of the strings broke and the ornament fell and shattered. And I thought they were plastic. I know better now. So I got another and we got it cleaned up. A very nice CM helped me and said it was fine, Ďcause, you know, I felt bad.

As we were in line, by BFF texted me and told me to check out the AP Food and Wine pin.

So we head over to the pin shop and look around. And DS wants this one.

So I got it. And I saw this.

2011 Annual Pass Exclusive Food and Wine Pin

And I liked it, so I bought it. I had souvenir regret after we left, though because DS showed me one of those pins that has a grape soda top on it. You know, from UP ?? And I didnít buy it and now I want it. Iíll get it in November when we go for sure.

As we almost get to the entrance, DD spots characters. Characters with no line. This is a good thing. First there was Stitch. The kids love Stitch.

He was very playful with them.

Then there was Daisy Duck.

Then we tried to get DS to get a picture with her. But he wouldnít do it unless DH got in there.

Some photos I took on the way out.

And then we headed back to Sara-topia. The kids wanted to try out the High Rock Springs pool and the slide there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: