Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #91
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 6 – Part Four

AND …… some more room photos !!

I loved the old photos on the wall.

Even though the kids had to share a bed, we were VERY happy with our room.

One thing that I thought was strange is that here was no luggage trolley. So we had to lug all of our stuff up to the fourth floor and it took about 4 trips. It would have been nice to have a trolley, though. Very strange that they did not have one.

Anyway, we got all settled and we were hungry AND back on the dining plan – YAY !! So we decided to head over to Wolfgang Pucks and try that out since we had never eaten there.

DH and I got spaghetti and meatballs to share.

Very yummy and plenty of food for two people.

DS got chicken fingers and French fries. I thought I got a photo, but I can’t find one. Oh well, everyone knows what those look like. Maybe it was because he ate them so fast. He really enjoyed them

DD ordered the kids pizza.

She said it was just OK and that next time she was getting chicken fingers. I had some and it wasn’t bad and it wasn’t great either.

For dessert DH and I shared the cheesecake.

Very good and creamy. It had kind of a crème brulee type top to it that we thought was interesting. It was delicious.

DS got a cookie which he enjoyed.

DD got a brownie and she loved it. Said it was really good.

After our very enjoyable lunch, the kids wanted to do some shopping …. And well, so did I.

DD wanted to ride this little carousel.

But the attendant had gone to take a break, so we went over to Once Upon a Toy.

Where DD bought a baby Marie animal.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #92
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 6 – Part Five

Then we went to the kitchen store

Where I bought come chip clips

And a trivet

Then we went to World of Disney, but didn’t buy anything there.

While we were there, DH took DS over to the Lego store where DS got an Alien Lego set

He just loves these Lego sets. I’ll post photos later of what the end product looked like.

DH and DS met us back at the World of Disney

We cruised the Ghiradelli store.

I easily could have spent $100 in here. But it was still so stinkin’ hot that I was afraid it would all melt by the time we got them back to the resort. And although I WANTED the yummy chocolate, I didn’t need it. Sigh.

Next we went to Basin.

Where I bought this canister of bath bombs.

This deal was $19.99 for as many bath bombs you could fit in this canister. I got seven of the small ones. Two of them smell like Soarin’. One is the ocean smell and the other is the oranges smell. I can’t wait to try them. It is still warm here n the mid 80’s every day and the AC still comes on every day. I tend to take more baths when it is colder, so I will get to them for sure.

The attendant was back at the carousel and DD still wanted to ride. So I said OK. What she really wanted to do was get in the little tea cup like thing and spin, spin, spin. And so she did.

She was just spinning and spinning and I heard her laughing every time she swung by the bench I was sitting on. It was fun to watch her.

We checked out Team Mickey and Tren-D, but didn’t buy anything. There is a Ridemakerz in Team Mickey and the kids had fun playing with the remote cars.

After that, it was hot and I was tired so we headed back to the parking lot and got these photos on the way.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #93
jecskc
DIS Veteran

OK y'all, I just about had me a mini panic attack. I noticed in Photobucket that day 6's photos and day 7's photos were exactly the same. And because DH needed the camera, I had erased all of our photos off of the little disc thingy (sorry for the technical jargon, I'll try to dumb it down a bit) !! After hyperventilating and checking everything, I found them all safe and sound on the downstairs computer. Whew . So it's all good now ... all good. I wouldn't say no to a valium though. I would even settle for a Xanax ..... just sayin'. too bad I don't have any of that stuff. So I'm having a glass of Pinot instead .... Oh, and the photopass photos came so I will posting those as well YAY !!

Last edited by jecskc; 10-12-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:46 PM   #94
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

I cruised by SS once and cut through to get to the Treehouses once. Not exactly a tour you might say.

SSR is the first three days of the NYE trip. AKL is the second three. I am looking forward to staying DVC.

I have seen the lobby and the pool so I am looking forward to exploring and actually being close to DTD. I never seem to get there unless I am close.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 10-13-2011, 06:02 AM   #95
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

SSR looks so nice! I can see why you were so excited to get moving and get there!

I love meandering around DTD...but you didn't stop by my favorite place! How could you pass up Goofy's Candy Company?? There's a bunch of things there that wouldn't have melted!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:19 AM   #96
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I cruised by SS once and cut through to get to the Treehouses once. Not exactly a tour you might say.

SSR is the first three days of the NYE trip. AKL is the second three. I am looking forward to staying DVC.

I have seen the lobby and the pool so I am looking forward to exploring and actually being close to DTD. I never seem to get there unless I am close.
We STAYED at SSR and they wouldn't let us in to drive around and look at the Treehouses which I thought was really strange. We were "allowed" to walk over there, but I was too tired. I'll save me feet for the parks thankyouverymuch. We are looking to stay there sometime next year.

We are staying at AKL in April and I am REALLY excited about it. AND we are staying at Boardwalk in 40 short days and we are looking forward to that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
SSR looks so nice! I can see why you were so excited to get moving and get there!

I love meandering around DTD...but you didn't stop by my favorite place! How could you pass up Goofy's Candy Company?? There's a bunch of things there that wouldn't have melted!
SSR was nice. We really loved it !! We make our way over to Goofy's, don't you fret. I mean DTD was right THERE, we had to go back !!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #97
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 6 – Part Six

We went back to the resort and we all wanted to try out the new Paddock Pool and water slide. I forgot to take the camera, but here are some photos from the Allears.net website.

http://allears.net/acc/g_PaddockPool...gaSprings.html

The photos make the pool look larger that it really is. It was a little crowded but it wasn’t too bad. The water was really refreshing. Not too warm. The kids really enjoyed the slide and I did too. It was fun. I got a Long Island Iced Tea to keep the New York vibe going and found a nice shady place to rest. The CM’s got a bingo game going and I came soooo close to winning a couple of times, but never did. We stayed about an hour and a half and then went back to the room to chill and get ready for our dinner ADR at Whispering Canyon.

So we had a 6:25 PM reservation at Whispering Canyon. DH really enjoyed this dinner in June, so I booked it again. We hopped in the car about 5:45 Pm and made our way over to Wilderness Lodge. I just love Wilderness Lodge. We stayed there on my birthday trip back in January. We really need to make a point to stay there again.

Anyway, we got there and checked in and I took some photos of the light fixtures, which I love.

Fire extinguisher

We got a buzzer and shopped some in the gift shop. I saw a puzzle that I wanted there that I sooo should have bought. Now I’m kicking myself for not buying it. It is a 1000 piece puzzle of a Thomas Kinkade painting of Cinderella’s castle. I so should have bought it. Durn.

Anyway, we waited quite a while before we got seated and we were super hungry by then. The previous time we ate there, it wasn’t quite as busy and we were seated in a quieter section. Not this time. We got seated in the middle of the action and it was REALLY noisy. So Whispering Canyon is really just a pretty name. Don’t let that moniker throw you off into thinking this will be a nice quiet dinner …. Because it won’t. And to top it all off there was a large party seated right next to us. They had a little girl – not quite two – who screamed her head off the entire time we ate. Seriously, there were 8 adults at the table and they ALL ignored her for at least an hour and then finally someone got up and took her away. It was so loud in there that you noticed it, but only if you were close by. As a matter of fact, there was a screaming kid pretty much wherever we went. I mean I understand. I paid my dues with the screaming kids. I get how it is. But I would not have just let my child sit there and cry. I would have bagged dinner and gotten someone to bring me a box of food and took her back to calm down or sleep or whatever she needed. Seriously, this reflected badly on this whole table. And there was this other couple that had another little girl – about four, I think – and she spent the entire dinner under the table with her dress up over her face. Just kicking the table. At least she wasn’t screaming the whole time.

Anyway, rant over. Our server was Suzanne and she was really perky and fun. She teased DS the whole meal. She got out drink orders ….

I, of course, had to have another Magical Star Cocktail. I needed more light up ice cubes.

DH had the Margarita

There’s some yummy cornbread in the background there.

DS had soda. And DD had a chocolate milkshake.

For dinner, DH, DS and I got the all you can eat skillet and DD got chicken nuggets. Here is a photo of her meal.

It came with fruit and cookies. DH and I dug into the salad.

It was very fresh and yummy.

Then out came the skillet which we really enjoyed. There’s chicken and ribs and brisket. Corn on the cob, beans and mashed potatoes. DH LOVES this kind of food, so he was happy.

Seriously, the three of barely made a dent in it. It was really good though.

While we were eating DD did the horse races. They have these horsies on a stick and they gallop all around the restaurant. It was cute.

I ordered another drink. And the kids had fun playing with my light up ice cubes.

For dessert DD had her cookies that came with her kids meal. DS had vanilla ice cream.

I wanted the Smores cheesecake but our waitress told us they had switched just last week. I was bummed because we had that in June and it was really good. Why is Disney always trying to fix what isn’t broke ?? GAH !!! So I ordered the chocolate cake.

And it was really good.

DH got some kind of berry cheesecake which he really liked.

DS, DD and I went outside on the second floor balcony to enjoy the evening while DH did his look at the receipt for 20 minutes thing. There was an impressive lightening show going on but it didn’t rain on us. It was a very pleasant night and we really enjoyed watching the lightening in the distance. After DH was done settling the check, we headed back to the resort.

DD took a bath and wanted to use one of my bath bombs. So I let her use the blue one. While she was doing this, we heard this pop, pop, crackle and we were like, “What is that ??” We opened the window shade and realized we could see the Epcot fireworks from our master bedroom window. How cool was that ??? DH went out on the balcony and said he could the MK fireworks, too !! Bonus !! It was so cool to see them right from our room. So nice and unexpected !! We could see them really well, too !!

The DH went out to smoke a stinky cigar and got some good Downtown Disney photos.

He said you could see all of the lights and hear the music from Planet Hollywood. It was really pretty. So we really DID have a great room !! Thanks for switching us Mr. CM guy. I don’t remember his name but it started with Kh ….. something. Anyway, he was super awesome to switch us to this primo spot.

We were loving us some Sara-topia, that was for sure !!

Last edited by jecskc; 10-13-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:53 PM   #98
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Of course not !! We really loved that parade !! And the song was so cute and catchy. I especially loved the undertaker dudes with the shovels and how they made sparks fly up. It was so cool.
The gravediggers are my favorite part of the parade! I'm so happy ya'll had such a good time. I wish I could say our MNSSHP experience was as good this year. I found myself saying something at that party I thought I'd never hear myself say, "I'm want to leave the Magic Kingdom." Our party was so much more crowded than the same party last year. We got very little accomplished, and I still missed the Villians Mix and Mingle!!! I told DD that we needed to take a break from MNSSHP next year. Of course by the time that rolls around, I will probably have forgotten all about how I felt about this year's party and be all excited to head back. LOL!

I agree the candy lines moved very fast considering how long they were. I think they did a better job of making sure people knew there were two lines for each barrel.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #99
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Is this the puzzle you were looking at? Amazon is very useful for souvenir regrets!!

Your meal at WCC looks yummy! The screaming kids would have driven me a little nuts though! That stinks about them getting rid of the s'mores cheesecake, it always looked so good!

How awesome that you were able to see the fireworks from your room! Your view definitely looks great!
Old 10-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #100
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
The gravediggers are my favorite part of the parade! I'm so happy ya'll had such a good time. I wish I could say our MNSSHP experience was as good this year. I found myself saying something at that party I thought I'd never hear myself say, "I'm want to leave the Magic Kingdom." Our party was so much more crowded than the same party last year. We got very little accomplished, and I still missed the Villians Mix and Mingle!!! I told DD that we needed to take a break from MNSSHP next year. Of course by the time that rolls around, I will probably have forgotten all about how I felt about this year's party and be all excited to head back. LOL!

I agree the candy lines moved very fast considering how long they were. I think they did a better job of making sure people knew there were two lines for each barrel.
The gravediggers are so cool. I like that this was our first party and even though it was crowded, we had a good time. We aren't going back in September/October next year since the school gave me so much grief for having DS out for a week. Whatevs. So anyway, I don't know when we will get the opportunity to do it again. But it was really fun. Sorry your experience wasn't ideal. I really felt like we did everything besides get some more character photos. Our photopass photos came out really cool. I will post them tonight or this weekend sometime.

I have to prepare for our tennis tournament in Charleston next weekend, so that will take up some of my free time. Girls weekend !! I soooo can't wait !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Is this the puzzle you were looking at? Amazon is very useful for souvenir regrets!!

Your meal at WCC looks yummy! The screaming kids would have driven me a little nuts though! That stinks about them getting rid of the s'mores cheesecake, it always looked so good!

How awesome that you were able to see the fireworks from your room! Your view definitely looks great!
YES !! That is the one !!!! I am so ordering that !!! Thanks for finding it for me !! You are the bomb-diggity, Sara !!!

We really like Whispering Canyon and have a breakfast scheduled there in November. Hopefully, no screaming children will be there this time.

It was really cool to watch the fireworks. We only got to see them twice because we were at Downtown Disney one of those nights fighting a massive crowd. More on that coming up
Old 10-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #103
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 7 – Part One

We got up early because we had a 7:30 AM breakfast ressie at Kona. We got there a little early and Kona opens at 7:30 AM, so we just hung out and took some photos.

Sorry …. I stink at taking dark photos.

Finally, we got in and got seated. I made a note of DD’s nut allergy on our ressie. In some places, I don’t have to worry at all. But here, with all of the macadamia nuts they use to cook here I didn’t want to risk cross contamination. So we ordered drinks, coffee for us sodas for the kids, and waited for the chef to come out. He was really nice and smiled a lot and was very accommodating.

DH ordered this platter. It was called Two Eggs Your Way but it also came with potatoes, bacon and a biscuit – and a pineapple wedge.

The potatoes were good but the eggs were kinda runny. Bacon and biscuit were OK.

DD got Mickey waffles. They weren’t on the menu, but the chef said he could get some for her, so she was really happy. So loves the Mickey waffles.

I got pancakes with sausage

I was really in the mood for these and to me they were really good. The sausage is really good, too. It was think and moist and had a lot of flavor.

DS got French toast.

He said it was good, better than the French toast he had at Everything Pop and ate all of it.

I really liked the breakfast here and the kids seemed to like it but DH didn’t really enjoy his. And the ladies at the hostess stand were not super friendly. So we will be trying out some other breakfast spots instead of coming back here.

I just love the Polynesian Resort. It’s so pretty and tropical. I just loved all of the water features. More photos.

We went here because DD still had some money on her gift card. And she got this necklace.

These face jewels

After that, we headed over the Epcot. Today was my much anticipated Food and Wine Festival day.

Up next … Epcot.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:50 PM   #104
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a great time at MNSSHP. Love teh hitchhiking ghosts pictures.

Sorry about Kona. Maybe it was just an off morning, so early.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 10-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #105
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Sounds like you had a great time at MNSSHP. Love teh hitchhiking ghosts pictures.

Sorry about Kona. Maybe it was just an off morning, so early.
I liked Kona and the kids liked it, too. But DH's eggs were pretty gross. It is just that we didn't LOVE it, so we will try some other things. There's so much to try. I love the ghost pictures, too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: