Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #61
jecskc
DIS Veteran
 
jecskc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,488


Day 4 Ė Part Five

Finally, the fireworks started. There was a tree to our left that kinda blocked our view but we still had a pretty good spot. Anyway, we didnít feel like fighting the crowds to get a better spot.

DH took photos and got some pretty good ones.











































We really loved Hallowishes !! Very enjoyable !! DH especially loves fireworks and really enjoyed this show.

I was hungry so we stopped to get some root beer floats to share. They made them with vanilla ice cream, but it was orange in color. This threw the kids off a little until they tasted it and were OK once they realized they tasted like vanilla.

So when we were done with that, we just snagged a spot for the second parade there in Liberty Square. We were in the second row behind the rope and the people in front of us were kids, so they sat down the whole time and so we were able to sit the whole time and watch. The kids chatted with us and we talked to their parents as well. They were really nice people and they said they were going to board the Dream on the next day and they seemed real excited about it. We go in April and I canít WAIT !!! It was really nice to have a good spot for viewing the parade and some nice people to share it with.
jecskc is offline  
Old 10-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #62
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Pixie Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle
Posts: 2,065

How freaky! We stayed in the room right above yours at Pop! At least they gave us a different room this stay. The last couple of times we've had the exact same room.

DD has that same Yeti cat. His name is Spotty. She's come a long way with the names of her animals since we bought him. LOL!
Pixie Princess is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #63
jecskc
DIS Veteran
 
jecskc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
How freaky! We stayed in the room right above yours at Pop! At least they gave us a different room this stay. The last couple of times we've had the exact same room.

DD has that same Yeti cat. His name is Spotty. She's come a long way with the names of her animals since we bought him. LOL!
You're back !!! Did you just get back today ?? I can't wait to hear all about your trip !! I hope you had better weather than we did. Geez, except for those last couple of days, it was wicked hot !! I saw on Facebook that it was raining there today, so I was thinking about you and wondering if you did a park or just decided to come back home. The kids were disappointed that they didn't get to see your DD for very long. It was bummer that our trip didn't overlap more. Post some pics !! I wanna see !!
jecskc is offline  
Old 10-09-2011, 09:22 PM   #64
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Pixie Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle
Posts: 2,065

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
You're back !!! Did you just get back today ?? I can't wait to hear all about your trip !! I hope you had better weather than we did. Geez, except for those last couple of days, it was wicked hot !! I saw on Facebook that it was raining there today, so I was thinking about you and wondering if you did a park or just decided to come back home. The kids were disappointed that they didn't get to see your DD for very long. It was bummer that our trip didn't overlap more. Post some pics !! I wanna see !!
We got back today, but left WDW on Sat. morning. We stopped in Perry, GA to see Blake Shelton and the JaneDear Girls. I was ready to get home, and could have skipped this, but it was DD's replacement b-day present so I let her decide.

The weather was fabulous most of the week. It heated up to the mid 80s on Thurs. and was more humid that day than any other during the week, but it wasn't the killer humidity that had been going on while you were there. Plus it was windy which was nice. Friday was quite windy, and it rained off and on, but Sat. was just constant rain while we were there, and until we got to about Gainesville, FL. It would come in bands of heavy rain then drizzle. We stayed our last night at Pop in the 60s section, and DD was really looking forward to swimming in the Hippy Dippy Pool. It was raining as we unloaded and got to our room. Then the a thunderstorm complete with lightning moved in , so swimming was out of the question.

DD was bummed she didn't get to hang out with your kids more too. I think she was trying to figure out how to wrangle staying with ya'll instead of going to the Mom's Panel Meet. LOL! She ended up having a really good time though.
Pixie Princess is offline  
Old 10-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #65
jecskc
DIS Veteran
 
jecskc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
We got back today, but left WDW on Sat. morning. We stopped in Perry, GA to see Blake Shelton and the JaneDear Girls. I was ready to get home, and could have skipped this, but it was DD's replacement b-day present so I let her decide.

The weather was fabulous most of the week. It heated up to the mid 80s on Thurs. and was more humid that day than any other during the week, but it wasn't the killer humidity that had been going on while you were there. Plus it was windy which was nice. Friday was quite windy, and it rained off and on, but Sat. was just constant rain while we were there, and until we got to about Gainesville, FL. It would come in bands of heavy rain then drizzle. We stayed our last night at Pop in the 60s section, and DD was really looking forward to swimming in the Hippy Dippy Pool. It was raining as we unloaded and got to our room. Then the a thunderstorm complete with lightning moved in , so swimming was out of the question.

DD was bummed she didn't get to hang out with your kids more too. I think she was trying to figure out how to wrangle staying with ya'll instead of going to the Mom's Panel Meet. LOL! She ended up having a really good time though.
We would have loved to have her hang with us while you went to the Mom's panel. I wish I would have known that. The kids really enjoy her company. We really need to coordinate our trips better We have time though. Have you given any more thought to the Spring break trip ?? We are at AKL April 6-10. Let me know I just made our ADR's today for that trip. Good stuff. I thought I would be able to on the 6th, but it turns out I had to wait until today. Sadly, it was the highlight of my day.

Oh, and I need to hear all about AKL. Did you stay there ?? Did you love it ?? We sooooo did not have enough time together !!!

Last edited by jecskc; 10-09-2011 at 09:47 PM.
jecskc is offline  
Old 10-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #66
kcandbella
DIS Veteran
 
kcandbella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 955

Joining in! Our trips overlapped so we were there part of the time you were. Can't wait to read more!
__________________
Me (Kayce) DD Bella (9)
Nov 2014 CB
Feb 2014 ASM, SOG--Glass Slipper Challenge
July 2013 AEP Contemporary
June 2013 Pop
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop-W&D half marathon
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
kcandbella is offline  
Old 10-09-2011, 10:36 PM   #67
jecskc
DIS Veteran
 
jecskc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
Joining in! Our trips overlapped so we were there part of the time you were. Can't wait to read more!
We had such a good time, but boy was it ever HOT !! Looks like you got to enjoy more of the cooler weather than we did. I will have to go visit your TR and see If I can see myself in any of your photos Thanks for reading !!!
jecskc is offline  
Old 10-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #68
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side
 
Poolrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 8,661

Joining in - Yes it was soooo hot the first part of the week. It got me too.

MNSSHP on Tuesday - Yep I was there until 7. The lines were short alright- Loved it. The crowds started building Thursday and then through he weekend.
__________________
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline  
Old 10-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #69
jecskc
DIS Veteran
 
jecskc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Joining in - Yes it was soooo hot the first part of the week. It got me too.

MNSSHP on Tuesday - Yep I was there until 7. The lines were short alright- Loved it. The crowds started building Thursday and then through he weekend.
Thanks for coming over !!! It really was hot. It was the hottest I had ever experienced in the WDW. I agree that it progressively got more crowded. It didn't bother us much though. We stuck with our plans and didn't have to wait much. It really turned out to be a perfect weekend. The weather was gorgeous near the end !!
jecskc is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 06:23 AM   #70
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran
 
Stringbean&Wingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,989

You guys got a lot done at the party! How great that you found nice parade neighbors, you never hear about that happening! The orange ice cream would have confused me too, I have to admit!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #71
jecskc
DIS Veteran
 
jecskc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
You guys got a lot done at the party! How great that you found nice parade neighbors, you never hear about that happening! The orange ice cream would have confused me too, I have to admit!
We did get a lot done. We didn't get some of the photos I wanted, but that's OK. We did like our parade neighbors. And I know what you mean about that. all those thread about people waiting an hour before the parade and getting all mad when the crowd comes ?? Do they really think that parade is coming down the street JUST for them ?? Disney gets crowded. Deal with it. The sense of entitlement these people have .... Whatever. Throughout life, I find that the majority of the people in general will be nice to you if you are nice to them. Just smile and be pleasant and you will meet the nicest people.

The orange ice cream threw me a little as well. I was like wha ?? And then it dawned on me .... oh yeah, they colored it for Halloween ..... it was very yummy. I just love good soft serve ice cream with root beer.
jecskc is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #73
jecskc
DIS Veteran
 
jecskc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 4,488

Day 4 Ė Part Seven















































We really loved the parade !! I donít know why the photos are so bad. They seem really dark, but when we watched it is seemed like there was more light. Maybe DH thought there was enough light to not use the flash. I dunno.

After that we headed over to Adventureland to ride Pirates and do some more trick or treating. After that it was after 11:00 PM and we were getting pretty tired. DD wanted to ride the carpets, so we did that





After that, we left the park and made it back to our resort about 12:30 PM.

Overall, we really loved MNSSHP. I feel like we had a good strategy and executed it very well. We were able to ride everything except Splash Mountain and Pooh with little to no wait. We got a TON of candy and got to see the fireworks and the parade. We didnít bother to stand in line for any villains because they were kind of long. The kids really didnít care as they were more interested in the trick or treating. And although there was a lot of people in line for candy, we really felt like the line moved very quickly so we didnít feel like we had to wait too long.

There was this whole thread about how some people went on September 27th and how hot and awful it was. They said it was so crowded and they didnít have fun at all. And I was like, whatever dudes. We had a great time. I mean it WAS hot and crowded, but we got a lot accomplished and really enjoyed ourselves. The ride waits were short, that was for sure. Also they said that the monorail had stopped running after midnight and that exiting the park was nuts. We left about 11:30 and the monorail was still running and we didnít have any trouble getting to our car. So I guess not everyone has an awesome time at the party. But we did !!! And I really think we would do it again if we have the chance.

jecskc is offline  
Old 10-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #74
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran
 
Stringbean&Wingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,989

That's great that you guys had such a good time at MNSSHP! I agree, some people are going to complain, but if you plan things out well and know what you want to do, then a great time is sure to be had!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.