Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #46
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – Part 1 – Monday September 26, 2011

Our goal this morning was to make to rope drop. We got up about 7:30 AM at went to Chik-Fil-A for breakfast and got chicken biscuits. DS liked these very much and still asks when we can get them again. We got to Epcot for rope drop and DH took off for Soarin’ fast passes and the kids and I headed over to Test Track where he was supposed to meet us. Some photos on the way.

There was NO ONE around.

DH met us at Test Track.

We walked right on the ride – didn’t even have to watch the pre-show – woo hoo !!!

Display vehicles outside the ride

DD in her new ride.

DS in his new ride

DD wanted that one too.

Then we rode Sum of all Thrills.

Well the kids and DH did. I just wasn’t into it. I always have to ride with DS and he designs some crazy coasters that make me feel wuzzy. So DS rode by himself and DD and DH designed a really tame one that they could ride. It is fun, though. If you haven’t tried it, you should !!

We went by the Storm Struck booth and the kids played a game and answered some questions about storms.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #47
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – Part Two

We still had some time before our Soarin’ FP’s so we went to Spaceship Earth to ride it.

And this fountain was running and going along to the music. So we watched it for a little while.

Then we headed to Soarin’.

The standby line said something like 25 minutes, but it looked a lot longer than that.

I completely love this ride and we asked for front row and we got it – YAY !! I just love all the sights, sounds and smells. Oh, and the music. My favorite ride EVER !!

I think the reason why this park looked so deserted was because most of the people were in this pavilion. The kids wanted a snack, so I got DS a jawbreaker and DD a Twix.

We rode The Land after Soarin’ and there was about a 15 min. line.

After that we rode Nemo.

And Figment.

And then we went to Club Cool.

The kids really love Club Cool and DD was disappointed that her favorite flavor – which was China, I think – was out. They wanted to buy some souvenirs with their birthday money, so DD got a blue Puffle

And DS got a little coke. This cost something like $3 which I thought was a major waste of cash, but it was his money. Whatever.

Last edited by jecskc; 10-07-2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: I can't type ...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #48
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – Part Three

One of my besties texted me and said that she had read somewhere that Rapunzel had a meet and greet in the International Gateway, so we hiked over there to see if the rumor was true.

It wasn’t. I asked the lady in the gift shop there and she told me that sometimes the new princesses will train there, so maybe that is what it was. Oh well.

It was super hot and muggy so we decided to make our way back out.

We rode Mission Space which was down when we first got there, but was up and running now.

I just love Gary Sinese. I don’t know what it is exactly, but there is just something about him that I really like ….

Anyway, after Mission Space – Green side – we went back the resort. We had hot dogs for lunch and DH took the kids swimming. I hung back at the room and did some laundry and rested. Then it started to really pour. I mean really hard. And while we were hanging out that afternoon the phone rang several times. I know that they wanted to try to get us to go to a time share meeting, but I just wasn’t in the mood to talk to them. Just you wait. This comes up again later and it gets ridiculous !!

We went to Outback for dinner and the plan was to go to DTD for some shopping, but it was still raining, so we went back to the resort and watched football.

Up next ……. MNSSHP !!!!

Old 10-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #49
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – Part 1 – Tuesday, September 27, 2011 – MNSSHP !!

So this was our Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party day and the kids were REALLY excited about it. Our plan was to sleep late, just lay around the resort, get some of the kids’ homework done and then head over to Magic Kingdom about 3:00 PM. Well, we got to sleep until 9:00 AM and then the phone started ringing. I just kept hanging it up. And they kept calling back. DH said to just answer it and then they would stop calling. So I did. And of course they wanted us to come to a time share breakfast. I said no and hung up. And a few minutes later … they called back again. And a few minutes after that, they sent a maintenance person to our room to check and see if our phone was working. We assured him that it had been ringing aaaalllll morning. They called again and I got mad and told them to please quit calling us. It was really annoying.

And this is when DD asked me when we were moving to Sara-topia. Hahahaha. She meant Saratoga as in Saratoga Springs Resort, but I just thought Sara-topia was just so funny and so appropriate. I was dying to get over there, too. But we didn’t move over until Thursday and this was just Tuesday.

And that is how I got our trip report title.

Anyway, we got up and had breakfast. I straightened up and did some laundry, DH took DD to the pool and DS hung out and did some homework. We left about 2:45 PM to head over to Magic Kingdom. We had to pick up our tickets for the party and we were taking this time to renew our annual passes. You get a KILLER discount on annual passes if you are a DVC owner. DH was very happy about this. This whole process took about 45 minutes and about 10 minutes before 4:00 PM we are at the front gate. We decided to just wait until four and use our tickets to get in instead of our AP’s.

Some decorations as we arrive at the front of the park.

Magic Kingdom all gussied up for the party.

DD being silly as we wait for DH to go through back check.

There was a pretty big line at the turnstiles at 4:00 PM and we saw some really neat costumes. There was this one guy with a giant magnet (not a real one, one made out of fabric) with these baby chicks all over it (again, not real). He was a chick magnet. We thought this was really funny.

We got in and got our wristbands.

We got a CM to take a couple of photos.

Some more Halloween decorations.

Some Main Street photos.

And the castle with the crane. I thought about photo-shopping that out, but I have plenty of good castle photos from other trips.

They use the crane to put up the Christmas lights. We are going in November and this will be the first time that we will see all of the Christmas decorations and we are VERY excited about it.

DS wanted to ride Space Mountain right away so we headed over to Tomorrowland.

I usually ride with him, but in January I rode it and something popped in my neck. I didn’t think much of it until the next day and I felt this huge knot at the base of my skull. DH looked back there and he said it was all black and blue. He said it looked like someone bashed me on the head with a baseball bat. It hurt a little, but it was more weird than anything. I put some ice on it. We figured I popped a tendon there at the top of my neck or something. Anyway, I haven’t ridden it again because I have had some really bad back problems this year due to some degenerative discs acting up and it is just too jerky for me. But DS loves it and he doesn’t mind riding by himself. So we let him and picked a spot to meet up with him.

The rest of us rode the People Mover or otherwise known to us as The Blue Train. We knew this would be walk-on and it was. I just love the blue train.

The CM photo bombing - putting the bunny ears on an oblivious DH. DD was laughing.

See our T-shirts ?? As you can see, Myself, DH and DS wore these and DD was Rapunzel. It was really hot again on this day and we were roasting in those black T-shirts. We couldn’t wait until the sun went down so we could get some relief.

Me and DD on the blue train.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #50
Checkers
DIS Veteran

I'm loving your TR and the photos! We will be there in 2 wks. so thanks again for sharing!

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Old 10-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #51
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkers View Post
I'm loving your TR and the photos! We will be there in 2 wks. so thanks again for sharing!
Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello. We had a super time !!

Also, I noticed that you guys are staying at Old Key West. We stayed there in June and I wrote a TR about it if you want to take a look. It is "My Feet Are Killing Me and I Want a Lollipop" and the link is in my signature below. We really loved OKW and I have a TON of photos of the resort.

Will this be your first time staying there ?? You will be getting better weather for your trip that is for sure. It was still so hot when we went. Tell me all about your plans. I bet you are so excited !!
Old 10-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #52
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Thanks so much for taking the time to say hello. We had a super time !!

Also, I noticed that you guys are staying at Old Key West. We stayed there in June and I wrote a TR about it if you want to take a look. It is "My Feet Are Killing Me and I Want a Lollipop" and the link is in my signature below. We really loved OKW and I have a TON of photos of the resort.

Will this be your first time staying there ?? You will be getting better weather for your trip that is for sure. It was still so hot when we went. Tell me all about your plans. I bet you are so excited !!
Yes, we are very excited. I will for sure read your TR when I am done with this post. Your photos are so great. I have not mastered the art of posting photos yet but I'm working on it.

OKW is one of our home resorts (we also own at BWVs) and we love it. For the F&WF we like to stay at the BWVs but I waited too long to make my reservation this year. It will be just my DH & myself and will be a laid-back relaxing trip. There will probably be some days we won't even go to the parks and I have only made 2 lunch and 2 dinner ADRs and we are going to just go to the F&WF and trust our luck when we are hungry for all other meals. We have never gone hungry at WDW! I am hoping you are right and the heat & humidity are long gone when we arrive, also I understand they are having quite a bit of rain this week and I am hoping that is gone as well. Am I wishing for too much?!

Looking forward to reading the rest of your report. And, again, thanks for taking us along. Btw, your son and daughter are darling and a good age to really enjoy all that WDW has to offer.

I particularly liked your photos of the Halloween decorations. We are not going to the MNSSHP this year but next year we are taking my DD, DSIL, 3 DGC (who recently moved to Seattle) then we will do the Party. My twin sister, her DD & family will be joining us next year as well. Should be a fun time and we are looking forward to it.

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Old 10-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #53
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkers View Post
Yes, we are very excited. I will for sure read your TR when I am done with this post. Your photos are so great. I have not mastered the art of posting photos yet but I'm working on it.

OKW is one of our home resorts (we also own at BWVs) and we love it. For the F&WF we like to stay at the BWVs but I waited too long to make my reservation this year. It will be just my DH & myself and will be a laid-back relaxing trip. There will probably be some days we won't even go to the parks and I have only made 2 lunch and 2 dinner ADRs and we are going to just go to the F&WF and trust our luck when we are hungry for all other meals. We have never gone hungry at WDW! I am hoping you are right and the heat & humidity are long gone when we arrive, also I understand they are having quite a bit of rain this week and I am hoping that is gone as well. Am I wishing for too much?!

Looking forward to reading the rest of your report. And, again, thanks for taking us along. Btw, your son and daughter are darling and a good age to really enjoy all that WDW has to offer.

I particularly liked your photos of the Halloween decorations. We are not going to the MNSSHP this year but next year we are taking my DD, DSIL, 3 DGC (who recently moved to Seattle) then we will do the Party. My twin sister, her DD & family will be joining us next year as well. Should be a fun time and we are looking forward to it.
We are staying at BWV for our Thanksgiving trip and we are beyond excited to stay there.

At the end of our stay, the weather really took a dip and the humidity finally went away. Our last day, it started out in the low 60's and only got up to 83 so it was feeling good by that time so I am pretty sure you will have good temps. We had some rain but never an all day event. Mostly just later afternoon stuff that lasted an hour or two. The forecast said rain every day, but aside from the one night we planned to go to DTD, rain never got in our way.

The kids really are at a fun age and I think that is why we have been scheduling so many trips. Well, that and I'm totally Disney obsessed !!

I am not the best photographer and typically DH takes better photos than me. He says my hands shake too much and he is right. But I manage to get a few good ones in there. I really wish I had time to study the art of photography, but I just don't have the time right now. I have seen some really excellent photos here on the Disboards that is for sure.

Thanks for reading and enjoy your trip !! It sounds nice. I LOVE Food and Wine !!
Old 10-09-2011, 07:36 AM   #54
mimiecp
I already have ears.

Great updates! It's ironic that we were at Epcot on Monday. We didn't make rope drop much to my disappointment, but between my kids and my parents, they just didn't get going as early as I would have liked. When we did get there, we managed to get fast passes for Soarin and ride living with the Land and Journey into Imagination before our 1 p.m. ARR at Teppan Edo. We had a great lunch but after that it all went downhill. I think the heat was partially to blame, but my dad snapped at my mom (which is very unusual) and my kids almost started a fist fight over the communicator in the one Kim Possible adventure we attempted. At this point, my mom and I looked at each other and vowed we'd come alone next time!

Anyway, the day ended well with a great ride on Soarin - it was the first time for all of us! What a great ride. We had to wait out the storm in the Land building (and rode Living with the Land again) but managed to get back to the hotel during a break in the weather before it really started pouring again. As soon as the rain let up, the kids and I went swimming at the Coronado pool while my parents grabbed dinner alone and the day ended well.

We didn't attend MNNSHP, but were in the MK on Tuesday for most of the day before the party. We had a great time - much better day. We rode all the major rides and attractions. I was so happy my kids loved BTMR and HM and we rode each several times. My dad got to be "that guy" in the Laughfloor, which was hilarious! We spent several trips around the track on the peoplemover. It's a very relaxing ride. I love the MK and am excited to see the new Fantasyland expansion.

Look forward to hearing about your party experience!
Had a magical trip with my kids and parents
Old 10-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #55
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiecp View Post
Great updates! It's ironic that we were at Epcot on Monday. We didn't make rope drop much to my disappointment, but between my kids and my parents, they just didn't get going as early as I would have liked. When we did get there, we managed to get fast passes for Soarin and ride living with the Land and Journey into Imagination before our 1 p.m. ARR at Teppan Edo. We had a great lunch but after that it all went downhill. I think the heat was partially to blame, but my dad snapped at my mom (which is very unusual) and my kids almost started a fist fight over the communicator in the one Kim Possible adventure we attempted. At this point, my mom and I looked at each other and vowed we'd come alone next time!

Anyway, the day ended well with a great ride on Soarin - it was the first time for all of us! What a great ride. We had to wait out the storm in the Land building (and rode Living with the Land again) but managed to get back to the hotel during a break in the weather before it really started pouring again. As soon as the rain let up, the kids and I went swimming at the Coronado pool while my parents grabbed dinner alone and the day ended well.

We didn't attend MNNSHP, but were in the MK on Tuesday for most of the day before the party. We had a great time - much better day. We rode all the major rides and attractions. I was so happy my kids loved BTMR and HM and we rode each several times. My dad got to be "that guy" in the Laughfloor, which was hilarious! We spent several trips around the track on the peoplemover. It's a very relaxing ride. I love the MK and am excited to see the new Fantasyland expansion.

Look forward to hearing about your party experience!
OMG !! This post just kills me. We were in the same place at the same time more than once and we didn't get to meet !! GAH !!! Look for yourself in some of my photos !!!

The heat can really make you grumpy that is for sure. Even though we are used to it, it still sucks the life out of you. Being in World Showcase on that day would have been brutal. It was soooo HOT. And did it EVER rain hard that day !! The kids really wanted to go to DTD but by the time it quit raining we were all settled in and didn't want to go back out.

My DS likes Kim Possible, but DD doesn't really care about it, so thankfully they don't fight over it. It really is a fun activity for him.

Going to MK on a party night is a very good strategy. Attendance is usually low at the park and you can get so much accomplished !! I am also SUPER excited about the Fantasyland expansion. I don't think there is a disser who isn't !!

Lots of party photos coming up !!!
Old 10-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #56
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – Part 2

After riding the Blue Train we met DS at our meeting place and he said he got right on Space Mountain and didn’t have to wait at all. As a matter of fact, from 4 until 7 we walked on everything. We rode Buzz next.

I tried to get a photo of our photo and failed miserably.

After that, DS wanted to see Stitch’s Greatest Escape. DD and I hate this attraction see we decided to get us some frozen drinks because it was soooooo HOT !!! We went to the Lunching Pad

and got these

A Raspberry Lemonade for me and a Blue Raspberry for DS.

DD wanted Blue Raspberry and Cherry combined and the super nice CM made it like this

Very yummy looking. So DD and I sat and enjoyed our drinks while we were waiting on DS and DH. It was so hot that I was seriously worried DS’s drink was going to melt before they got out, but it only melted a little bit thank goodness. But it was melting fast. While we were enjoying our drinks, we watched all of the cool costumes walk by. There was this one family that was all dressed up as Alice in Wonderland. The little girl was Alice, the brother was the Mad Hatter, the Father was the Rabbit and the mother was the Cheshire Cat. Really cute stuff. I bet they were hot though. Did I say it was hot ?? Well it was ….very hot.

After that we headed over to Fantasyland and DD wanted to ride the Tea Cups. I hate the Tea Cups and their spinny-ness and avoid it if I can, but she begged and promised not to spin it too much, so I agreed to ride. We waited one rotation and got on the ride. So about 5 minutes.

Please Mom can we spin it some ??

OK …. A little

Pooh had a 30 minute wait so we skipped it and rode Snow White. I keep hearing that they are going to close this ride and I keep expecting it to be gone but it is always open. There was no wait so we rode it.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #57
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I was wondering where Sara-topia originated...it's kind of funny that I've never been to Saratoga since I'm a Sara! A Sara-topia sounds good to me!

Love the photobomb on the TTC! The MK looks like so much fun all dressed up for Halloween!
Old 10-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #58
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I was wondering where Sara-topia originated...it's kind of funny that I've never been to Saratoga since I'm a Sara! A Sara-topia sounds good to me!

Love the photobomb on the TTC! The MK looks like so much fun all dressed up for Halloween!
My DD is so funny with the stuff she comes up with. DS is really funny, too. If you guys ever get a chance, give Saratoga Springs a look. We really loved that resort. Lots of photos coming up on that !!!

That photobomb was funny. As I was posting the photo, I noticed a lady in the car behind him was laughing, too. MK was decorated so fun. I am really excited to see it all dressed up for Christmas.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #59
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – Part Three

Then DS and I went into the gift shop while DH took DD on the carousel

DH was really fascinated with the crane for some reason.

We went to the Castle Couture store and DD got some pixie dust.

Next we saw Philharmagic. I just love Philharmagic. We do it every time we go. Wouldn’t miss it.

Next we rode Peter Pan. The standby was 20 minutes. It was really only about 15 or so.

DD wanted to ride It’s a Small World and there was a 5 minute wait so she and I did that.

In the meantime, DH got DS some ice cream and took some photos.

He’s twelve … what can I say ??

I REALLY wanted to get our picture taken at the coach. But we never did get around to it.

After that, it was about 6:45 and the party was set to start at 7:00 PM. DD wanted to see Rapunzel REALLY bad and I promised her that we would make it a priority this trip. So we decided to head back to the front of the park to the Town Square Theatre and get in line. Right then, they opened the trick or treat trail right there by Peter Pan so the kids jumped in line.

So then DD and I headed to the Town Square Theatre. It was really crowded on Main Street as the day guests were leaving and the party guests were entering. So it took us a while to get down there.

When we got there, it was about 7:05 and the wait was listed at 40 minutes. So we got in line and thought that it wouldn’t be that long. After all, the line didn’t seem that long. So we waited … and waited. And DD remembered that DH had her autograph book in the back pack. So we called him and he came back to give it to us. DD was really excited to meet Rapunzel and she was especially excited that Flynn was going to be there, too. So we waited some more. And I took a good solid hour to get through that line.

Oh, I have to tell you. There was a group of 20 somethings in front of us in line and they were all dressed as Toy Story. There was Woody and Bo Beep. Bo Peep’s costume was awesome, she even had this little purse with cotton balls pasted all over it to look like a sheep. Woody’s was really good, too and he had a string with a big ring on his back. I wondered if I pulled it if he would shout out “There’s a snake in my boot!” Mr. and Mrs. Potato head, Rex, the porcupine (from Toy Story 3) and the best of all was Jessie. This girl was a gorgeous redhead and she was just so pretty. She had on a cowboy hat and a Jessie bustier, a bandana, cowboy boots and tight jeans. She ROCKED this outfit, seriously. It would have looked trashy on anyone else, but she was just so pretty that she pulled it off famously. The guy that was Rex kept his arms inside his shirt and just had his hands out like Rex’s little arms. They were all just precious. They all got their pictures taken as a group so they didn’t hold up the line.

Last edited by jecskc; 10-09-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #60
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – Part Four

So three groups of princesses were there. First was Cinderella and her prince.

The photo pass person had left for some reason, so I made sure to get lots of photos.

Next was Snow White and her prince.

Then at long last …. Rapunzel and Flynn.

These two had a photopass person, so I just took a few photos because my flash interfered with theirs. I hope to get the Photopass photos in a day or two. I will insert them and remind everyone to go back and look if you want to.

They were all really great and spent a lot of time with DD. So I can see why it takes so long to get through the line. I would say that it was worth it, though. DD was very happy.

When we got out it was 8:00 PM and it was dark. We called DH and he and DS had been doing some of the trick or treat trails and were all the way over in Fantasyland. The Villians Mix and Mingle was going on so we stopped to watch some of that. I tried to get some photos, but I just can’t get good ones in the dark. It was pretty packed in the hub. So watched until the show was over and met up with DH and DS in Liberty Square.

So about this time everyone was lining up for the first parade. We took advantage of the short lines at the treat trails and got some candy.

They had good candy and gave out about 3-4 pieces each time. DD is allergic to peanuts and they were really careful not to give her any peanut candy.

Then we rode Haunted Mansion. The CM’s all wore Halloween make-up which looked professionally done and there was extra cob webs all over. It was cool. We prepaid and got the $99 photopass deal and got some photopass photos with ghosts in them but I haven’t gotten them yet. I will insert them when I get them.

Then we went over to BTMRR and rode that. It was walk-on. DD wanted to ride it again, so we did. Walk-on again. We did the trick or treating over there and took a bio break.

After that, we went over to the hub to wait for the fireworks. LOTS of people here. We sat down and ate some candy while we waited and busted out some glow sticks I got at the dollar store. Here’s a picture DS with her string bag that we used as a treat bag. DS had a black one. I got them for about $2.50 each on Ebay and they really worked out well. The kids were able to just wear them like back packs when they weren’t trick or treating.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: