Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2011, 09:28 AM   #166
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

We must have been dancing around each other that day.

I do the GMR once in a while. I think I have had both the cowboy and the gangster but more gangster than cowboy.

I like the muppets, but I do think it needs to be "refreshed". If I was hungry, I would probably like it less too.

Looks like you are having a great last day ...even though it was your last day.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 10-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #167
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I think it is definitely better news for DBF! I felt SO bad having to have him push me around! But it's also good news for me too! I'm excited to not have all of my pictures come out slightly blurry and really low to the ground .

Awww hopefully your DD gave the Muppets another chance when she was less hungry! I totally get the grumpys when I'm hungry too lol.
We all do. We had to wait for the Muppets longer than I anticipated and we were all so tired and hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
We must have been dancing around each other that day.

I do the GMR once in a while. I think I have had both the cowboy and the gangster but more gangster than cowboy.

I like the muppets, but I do think it needs to be "refreshed". If I was hungry, I would probably like it less too.

Looks like you are having a great last day ...even though it was your last day.
The cowboy scene is a nice change for sure.

We had a good last day. The weather was amazing that day. But the last day is always a bummer and my feet are totally killing me by then. But I have lost ten pounds and I hope to lose 5 more before we go on our Thanksgiving trip, so maybe that will help them hurting so bad. It can't make it worse, that is for sure.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #168
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 9 – Part Four

Lunch at Pizza Planet

Now it was about 2 PM at this time and we thought we might be beating the lunch crowd. Boy, were we wrong. This place was PACKED !! And the service was soooooo slow. I sent DH and the kids to find a table and they kept coming back to check on me to see how far I had gotten in line. We were so hungry. And it took forever to get our food. Something like 30 minutes. Finally, I had the food and I headed upstairs to the table they were saving. It was REALLY loud in there, too.

DS and DD got cheese pizza

They got a cookie for dessert.

Each of the pizzas came with a little Caesar salad. The kids won’t eat salad so DH and I had those.

And we shared a veggie pizza

And a cappuccino cupcake.

The pizza was just OK. The cupcake was really good though. I think we would not come back here unless it was convenient and we were really hungry. It wasn't awful, it just wasn't great. and there are so many more options to try. Also, the line for the ladies bathroom was really long and that took forever. Finally, we were done and we were ready to head for home.

The last photos ….

And this ends our September/October 2011 trip. My Facebook status for that day was, “We are now leaving the Disney bubble. I must now return to reality where I have to flush my own toilet and no one will wish me a magical day.” It was funny because a couple of my friends told me randomly to have a Magical Day for a few days after that post.

Up next .... closing thoughts

Last edited by jecskc; 10-29-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:39 PM   #169
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

I'm back...showin' some love.

Artists Palett looks really cool. DD would love all the easles about on which to draw. We'll have to put this on the list of places to try. I'm so jealous of your parade pictures!!! Mine were horrible. I should have just held the camera up and clicked away. I think I'll just link people back over to your parade pics for my TR!

Okay..more reading now.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:42 PM   #170
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Did you notice that DS is just sitting back and letting the girls do all of the work ?? I can't do the spinny rides.
I don't think he had too much of a choice! They were pretty aggressive about the spinning. It is usually a fight when DD and ride together.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #171
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Mickey Bar...breakfast of champions. Love it!!
Old 10-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #172
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Flush your own toilet.

I was in the bubble. I totally missed that!

For the longest time all we ever got was the gangster on GMR. Then one day we got the cowboy, and that's all we seem to get now. Weird, huh? We skipped this ride this go around. Instead we went to the Ariel thing..something we have never done.

I'm no fan of Pizza Planet. Actually, I try to not eat at HS if it can be helped. Well except for Starring Rolls. That place I like. DD loves pizza, and she doesn't like the place either.

Since I'm talking about food, let me backtrack and say, YUM to Wolfgang Puck Express. I love that place. We eat there almost every trip.

Also, why didn't ya'll take the boat to DTD instead of drive? Was your room too far from the boat dock?

I can't wait to see the Streets of America all lit up at Thanksgiving either!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 04:49 PM   #173
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
Flush your own toilet.

I was in the bubble. I totally missed that!

For the longest time all we ever got was the gangster on GMR. Then one day we got the cowboy, and that's all we seem to get now. Weird, huh? We skipped this ride this go around. Instead we went to the Ariel thing..something we have never done.

I'm no fan of Pizza Planet. Actually, I try to not eat at HS if it can be helped. Well except for Starring Rolls. That place I like. DD loves pizza, and she doesn't like the place either.

Since I'm talking about food, let me backtrack and say, YUM to Wolfgang Puck Express. I love that place. We eat there almost every trip.

Also, why didn't ya'll take the boat to DTD instead of drive? Was your room too far from the boat dock?

I can't wait to see the Streets of America all lit up at Thanksgiving either!!!
The boat dock was too far ... at least I think it was. To tell the truth, I am not sure where it was. We should have just walked. But we were sooooo tired. Seriously, my feet were killing me !!

Wolfgang Pucks is the best !! I was so happy the find the right one this time. I was so confused when we went in June and it seemed like they were only serving pizza. I was like ...what ?? Where is all of the good food I saw on the DIS ?? Now I know .....
Old 10-30-2011, 08:29 PM   #174
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Closing thoughts.
  • Pop Century is a really great resort for staying one night. We have done this a couple of times now and we might do it when we go in April. We will get in late that first night and there’s no sense spending money or points on a place you are going to stay at for less than 16 hours. So Pop Century is a good resort for that.
  • We LOVED Saratoga Springs or Sara-topia as DD called it. Very nice resort and since it is our home resort, we are looking forward to going back.
  • The weather was surprisingly hot. We went last year about this time, and even though it was hot, it wasn’t as hot as this year was. The last two days were absolutely gorgeous however.
  • Our absolute favorite meal this trip was dinner at the Grand Floridian Café. I have read people’s posts on this place and many say that it is a hidden gem. And I absolutely agree.
  • I was glad we were at the Magic Kingdom for the 40th, but there really wasn’t much to it. I was very happy to have spent some time with my good friend and her daughter. But I didn’t get to see her the rest of the trip. We texted, but didn’t meet back up again. She and I need to get our schedules together so we can spend more time together at Disney. After all it is her fault that I love it so much.
  • I love Food and Wine. I really do. And I want to go back and do it again. We weren’t hungry enough to really enjoy it this time. Plus it was at the end of our trip and we were pretty tired.
  • And speaking of tired, my feet always just kill me at the end of a Disney trip. I wear good quality walking shoes and switch out with crocs, but I can’t avoid the inevitable achy feet. I am taking Epsom salts and some peppermint oil next time, but I would love some advice about how to not have achy feet. Because Disney would be so much more awesome if my feet didn’t hurt so much. I know that part of it is because of my weight and I am working really hard on that. I have lost 11 pounds so far. I hope to be down at least 15 pounds or more by the time we hit our Thanksgiving trip so I know that will have to help.

Thanks to everyone for reading and a special thanks to those who commented. I really like it when people stop in to say hello and give me their input. And it was so nice chatting with you and getting to know some of you better. I will most certainly be doing a TR for our Thanksgiving trip, so I hope you will join in for that one.

So as the lady says at the end of Star Tours “Thanks for reading, buh bye now.”
Old 10-30-2011, 08:52 PM   #175
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Thanks for sharing your trip.

I will be staying at Sara-topia at our NYE trip. We are splitting with AKL.

I have less than 2 months until I go back.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 10-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #176
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Well I'm a little late to the party but I just got caught up and also JUST came out of lurker-ville. I really enjoyed your TR though! I would love to do MNSSHP and Food & Wine someday. Sounds amazing! How awesome that you're going back so soon, I'll look forward to reading (and actively commenting on) the next TR!
Old 10-30-2011, 09:16 PM   #177
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Thanks for sharing your trip.

I will be staying at Sara-topia at our NYE trip. We are splitting with AKL.

I have less than 2 months until I go back.
We go back in 22 more days and we are staying at the Boardwalk Inn. We are super excited about it. If you have never stayed at Sara-topia, you will LOVE it. We are staying at AKL before our cruise in April. Can't wait for that either !! Thanks so much for stopping by to comment, Pat. I so enjoyed your posts and your company so to speak. I will continue to follow your TR.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:20 PM   #178
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Well I'm a little late to the party but I just got caught up and also JUST came out of lurker-ville. I really enjoyed your TR though! I would love to do MNSSHP and Food & Wine someday. Sounds amazing! How awesome that you're going back so soon, I'll look forward to reading (and actively commenting on) the next TR!
Yes we are excited about our Thanksgiving trip. We usually rent a nice cabin in Gatlinburg, but since we just bought into DVC, DH suggested just going back to Disney. And I was very agreeable to do so. MNSSHP and F&W are amazing and I can't wait to do them again. And yes, next TR, less lurking and more commenting
Old 10-31-2011, 05:23 AM   #179
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Boo, your TR is over! And now you have to flush your own toilet! Loved reading about your trip, can't wait to hear all about your Thanksgiving trip too!
Old 10-31-2011, 09:58 AM   #180
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Boo, your TR is over! And now you have to flush your own toilet! Loved reading about your trip, can't wait to hear all about your Thanksgiving trip too!
I am sad, too. I really enjoy reliving my trips through the trip reports and getting to discuss Disney with everyone. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, Sara. I really enjoyed talking to you and I will continue to follow your PTR as you and Wingnut anticipate your trip. I may do a mini Dining Report just to keep me going for the next three weeks before we go back.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: